Someone please... i need to be punched in the face.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

Someone please... i need to be punched in the face.

all offseason i have been preaching (no pun intended) against Tim Tebow to the Pats.  Suddenly, i want him.  And what's worse, i want him to be the starter in 2-3 years (he'll be 24-25 years old).  i've done a complete 180... i think i've gone mad, but i want it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Someone please... i need to be punched in the face.

In Response to Someone please... i need to be punched in the face.:
    all offseason i have been preaching (no pun intended) against Tim Tebow to the Pats.  Suddenly, i want him.  And what's worse, i want him to be the starter in 2-3 years (he'll be 24-25 years old).  i've done a complete 180... i think i've gone mad, but i want it.
    Posted by FOWLER8196

Welcome to the Tebow side!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

If you want to come back to reality go watch some senior bowl footage.  He makes a lot of poor decisions.  Tebow has a minimum of 2 years ridiing the pine from what I see.  Is that worth a high pick?  The thing is Tebow is a great interview.  Everybody loves the kid.  He makes it so hard not to like him.  But I think the senior bowl says it all on how far this kid has to go and least of it is his delivery.  The other thing that hurts Tebow is the deep draft.  He could slide easily into the 3rd round which is where I think he'll go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Seems like a great kid, I think he will make a pretty good Pro QB one day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-in-md. Show pats-fan-in-md's posts

I have come to punch you in the face. Please hold still a moment.
    There! Now do 10 Hail Mary's and do not mention that name again.
    I will be monitoring your posts. Hope this helped.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I would gladly use one of our extra 7th round picks on him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

You had me up to be a starter in 2 years .....  Not in the face maybe lower..

Seriously we want TB to come back to his preinjury form and bring the Pats 3 more super bowls.  If we had a 3rd round pick I'd be all for Tebow if he can be on the field the same time as TB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

In Response to Re: Someone please... i need to be punched in the face.:
    [QUOTE]If you want to come back to reality go watch some senior bowl footage.  He makes a lot of poor decisions.  Tebow has a minimum of 2 years ridiing the pine from what I see.  Is that worth a high pick?  The thing is Tebow is a great interview.  Everybody loves the kid.  He makes it so hard not to like him.  But I think the senior bowl says it all on how far this kid has to go and least of it is his delivery.  The other thing that hurts Tebow is the deep draft.  He could slide easily into the 3rd round which is where I think he'll go.
    Posted by garytx[QUOTE]

the thing is i disagree with everything you just said.  in my OP i said i want him to be the starter in 2-3 years.  obviously that means he will be riding the bench for a couple years.  also i really cant stand the right-wing agenda he has... but i can live with that. its not the interviews that i like about him, its his hunger to become a better football player and his raw physical talent.  he is a physical beast and with time under brady could (not "will" but could) become a stud in the NFL. i'd take him in the second if he's available.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

LOL Im on the dark side when it comes to Tebow. I just think if he couldnt play QB in college then how would he ever make it to become a legitimate starter in the NFL? Garytx had it right , if you really think he's worth the hype then just watch him play at the senior bowl. Your not even talking about the best college players , just the seniors. And theres no debate about it he looked terrible. Look the guy has been throwing the same way , using the same footwork and using the same mechanics for twenty years. You really think he can be successful at learning a whole new style and be effective in the NFL? If he is going to be successful then it would take at least two years to be NFL ready. I dont think theres any debate about that , seriously , does anyone see him starting this year or next? I wouldnt touch this guy before the 4th round.
     I have to ask you though ( Fowler ) , why the change in opinion? What makes you think he can even be a starter , let alone for the Pats taking over for Brady? Which btw is just dumb. Im sorry and feel " dumb " myself for calling names over the net , but seriously you have to give me something. You said you have done a complete 180 , which means you were obviously down ( to say the least ) on Tebow. Fact is that if Tebow didnt try and change everything about his pocket/delivery mechanics then he wouldnt sniff the field played by NFL teams. I mean thats not my opinion , thats fact. Why else would you up and change everything you've done for the last twenty years?
     And theres two things you say that couldnt be more wrong here. First is the obvious , Tebow to the Pats. Ok fine , you saw Jesus in your toast/Mary in a chip and now think the Pats should draft Tebow. Fine although I disagree , everybody is entitled to be wrong LOL. The second part of your statment is what everyone and by everyone I mean me , will have a problem w/. You seriously want to hand over the reigns of the franchise to Teboner...while 12 has gas left in the tank? C'mon now , your pulling my third leg ...right?  C'mon you can do better than that. And what makes you think 12 will be done in 2-3 years. And why would you want to draft a QB in maybe the weakest QB class in years? Im sorry , but this just makes no sense. Id much rather Colt McCoy than Tebowlicous , call me crazy , but I really believe McCoy could be just as good as Bradford or Clausen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Tebow is the re-incarnation of Jesus Christ, and if you refuse to believe that then you are a Heretic

Tebow is a winner, and that counts for a lot in the NFL
    Manning was a loser in college, and he turned out a choker in the NFL
    Brady was a winner in college and hes a winner in the NFL

Tebow is a leader and hell make any sacrifice for his team, id use a 2nd rounder for him, but i think hell be gone before then

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]LOL Im on the dark side when it comes to Tebow. I just think if he couldnt play QB in college then how would he ever make it to become a legitimate starter in the NFL? Garytx had it right , if you really think he's worth the hype then just watch him play at the senior bowl. Your not even talking about the best college players , just the seniors. And theres no debate about it he looked terrible. Look the guy has been throwing the same way , using the same footwork and using the same mechanics for twenty years. You really think he can be successful at learning a whole new style and be effective in the NFL? If he is going to be successful then it would take at least two years to be NFL ready. I dont think theres any debate about that , seriously , does anyone see him starting this year or next? I wouldnt touch this guy before the 4th round.  I have to ask you though ( Fowler ) , why the change in opinion? What makes you think he can even be a starter , let alone for the Pats taking over for Brady? Which btw is just dumb. Im sorry and feel " dumb " myself for calling names over the net , but seriously you have to give me something. You said you have done a complete 180 , which means you were obviously down ( to say the least ) on Tebow. Fact is that if Tebow didnt try and change everything about his pocket/delivery mechanics then he wouldnt sniff the field played by NFL teams. I mean thats not my opinion , thats fact. Why else would you up and change everything you've done for the last twenty years?  And theres two things you say that couldnt be more wrong here. First is the obvious , Tebow to the Pats. Ok fine , you saw Jesus in your toast/Mary in a chip and now think the Pats should draft Tebow. Fine although I disagree , everybody is entitled to be wrong LOL. The second part of your statment is what everyone and by everyone I mean me , will have a problem w/. You seriously want to hand over the reigns of the franchise to Teboner...while 12 has gas left in the tank? C'mon now , your pulling my third leg ...right?  C'mon you can do better than that. And what makes you think 12 will be done in 2-3 years. And why would you want to draft a QB in maybe the weakest QB class in years? Im sorry , but this just makes no sense. Id much rather Colt McCoy than Tebowlicous , call me crazy , but I really believe McCoy could be just as good as Bradford or Clausen.
    Posted by ONE-TIME[/QUOTE]

He couldn't play QB in college?   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

tebow wil be long gone by #22. to be honest there a better prostyle QBs out there that don't have to learn new mechanics. plus Hoyer is #2

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

With my appearance, the only major players left who haven't appeared on this forum are KellieMB (who *loves* Tim Tebow) and LazaruzInTheSanatorium (who *hates* Tim Tebow).

I think he'd be good for gadget plays if (a) the team thinks he would adjust well to the H-Back position and (b) if it's not sooner than the end of the 2nd round.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dantehopkins. Show dantehopkins's posts

Is it possible that we can pick him up later than the 7th, let him play toss on the sidelines with duct tape, then trade him to the Jacksonville Jags in one to two years for their first round pick???  :)

If yes, then your face should be spared.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]With my appearance, the only major players left who haven't appeared on this forum are KellieMB (who *loves* Tim Tebow) and LazaruzInTheSanatorium (who *hates* Tim Tebow). I think he'd be good for gadget plays if (a) the team thinks he would adjust well to the H-Back position and (b) if it's not sooner than the end of the 2nd round.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]
    How many posts do I need to reach "major player" status?  I'm hurt, I'm going to pick a fight with a someone on here so I can get my name out. 

Tebow plays like Steve Young, The Steve young with too many concussions.

Tebow has the intangibles to be a star, and anyone that disagrees doesn't know crap about football.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dantehopkins. Show dantehopkins's posts

Plenty of intangibles, just none of them are conducive to the Patriots.  He'd never get on the football field for at least 2 - 3 years barring injury to TB.  I don't remember hearing the last time a backup QB became a "star" riding the bench. 

You don't waste a second round pick on "intangibles"  if he's not a QB then where does he fit into the Pats system that actually gets him on the field???

QB - nope.
    RB - nope.
    HB - nope - we don't play wildcat, never will...  if we did we'd use a legit threat like Edelman who's a proven running asset.
    TE - no way... but most plausible considering we only retain one starter.
    WR - nope.

So please explain how someone with "intangibles" has anything to offer a team??? 

Motivational speaking?  Sure, but I don't remember the last time they offered millions to a cheerleader.
    Right-wing philosophies?  Absolutely.
    Bring in cookies from Mom?  Love'em!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

A punch in the face isnt necessary,..... What you need is castration! You clearly have,  "Tewbow-Itis-Syndrome!"  I dont know how to put this but you have no hope! Your lost, gone, Kaput! Your finished in this town you mug so listen up!..... TIM TEWBOW has been ordered by the Football Gods "Howardous Coselleous", (thats latin) To be Drafted by non other than the PITTSBURGH STEELERS! Thats right I said the Pittsburgh Steelers. That team needs a new face, a clean face, a guy thats cleaner than a womans niple at a baby suking contest. THey need a cleansing of the softest kind and TIM TEBOW is that man. It doesnt matter if he can throw, or run,  or pass a pidgeon in a bread crumb foot race, no! This man will lead Pittsburgh to a cleansing of the Almighty Bowels and knock this shiet right outta that Sodom and Gommorah team! HALLLALUAAAHHHHHHH HE has come! AMEN!Yell

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE]tebow wil be long gone by #22. to be honest there a better prostyle QBs out there that don't have to learn new mechanics. plus Hoyer is #2
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

I would be surprised if Tebow is gone at #22. Still, are you happy with Hoyer as our QB of the future? I would rather see a little competition there. Yes the Pats have bigger needs, but I won't be surprised if they take Tim in the 2nd round. I don't think it is as big a deal as some. They have 12 picks this year, and have 2 in the first round alone next year. Plus whatever picks Bill accumulates in the draft via trades and whatnot. I agree with Tim Tebow having that hunger to be a better football player. I want guys like that on our team. Look what all that drama last year brought to the team....headaches. Hell, I bet they could throw Tebow in at fullback at times. We haven't had one of those since Heath Evans.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

IMO, any pick that is high enough to get Tebow should be used on a player that will have an impact THIS year. Too many holes to take a flyer on a three or four year project with a high pick.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE] IMO, any pick that is high enough to get Tebow should be used on a player that will have an impact THIS year. Too many holes to take a flyer on a three or four year project with a high pick.
    Posted by Cyberknot[/QUOTE]

I bet a lot of teams wish they had picked Tom Brady earlier in the draft. Should Tebow become a starting QB, a second round pick wouldn't be too bad. You have guys like Sam Bradford and Jimmy Clausen going in round 1. No rookie QB can usually step in their first year and have a huge impact. Only a very few.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

The kid can play football Fowler. Nothing wrong with liking him. I would imagine he will be gone before we are willing to spend a draft pick on him. He's pretty polarizing and it seems more people hate him because of religion than his football ability. I'm for getting quality players and we haven't had much luck lately when it comes to drafting those. I would pick 3 O-lineman with our 2nd round picks if I thought they would all produce like Vollmer. I really am looking forward to Thursday/Friday so we can end the speculation and grade what they did.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Do u live near NJ, I can gladly punch you!  Say no to Tebow!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

No, we dont need a developmental QB just yet, and especially not this year. The pats need to adress needs on defense and offense, and a developmental QB that wont contribute for a few years is not going to adress our needs. We need a DE, and OLB, a WR a TE and OL, the pats should not even consider tebow unless he is there in the 6th, which he abviously wont be.

Personally, I'll be dissapointed in our draft if we end up taking tebow in the first 4 rounds. We have glaring holes in our defense and offense, tebow will not solve them.

IMO, Tebow wont be paying QB for atleast 2 more years, and if he does start, it'll be for a team like the Jaguars a good year/two or so from now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

No punch required, I wouldn't take him in the top 2 rds though.  If he is still around later...why not package some later rd picks to go for him?