Someone tell me Why WE Ir'ed For Return Shiancoe....... now back, with skills we need, and healthy scratched

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Someone tell me Why WE Ir'ed For Return Shiancoe....... now back, with skills we need, and healthy scratched

guy can catch and block, which is what we need with gronk out, someone who can be a threat on every play to stay in and block or release and be athletic going down the field AND CATCH IT.

so why is he being healthy scratched?

what the ???

if he aint nothin, why ir for return?

help.

we need someone to pick up slack. stallworth aint it.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Someone tell me Why WE Ir'ed For Return Shiancoe....... now back, with skills we need, and healthy scratched

I been wondering this myself. It feels like we "wasted" the IR eligible to return designation, although I am not sure who else we may ahve used it on. Ras-I?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Someone tell me Why WE Ir'ed For Return Shiancoe....... now back, with skills we need, and healthy scratched

its a mystery. hopefully not a waste

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

its not a mystery and has been discussed here at length. Gronk and Hernandez play different positions. Fells plays #2 to Gronk. Shiancoe plays #2 to Hernandez. If Hernandez is out, Shiancoe gets the snaps. If Gronk is out, Fells gets the snaps. Hernandez played every snap against the Phins, So Shiancoe did not play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Whodid you want?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

its not a mystery and has been discussed here at length. Gronk and Hernandez play different positions. Fells plays #2 to Gronk. Shiancoe plays #2 to Hernandez. If Hernandez is out, Shiancoe gets the snaps. If Gronk is out, Fells gets the snaps. Hernandez played every snap against the Phins, So Shiancoe did not play.

[/QUOTE]

This man knows all and sees all ^

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I understand that he may have more of a Hernandez skill set, but when you are down as many guys at the skill positions...you can't this guy get on the field? He signed for some decent money - everyone made a bid deal out of him. You can't put Hernandez and him on the field at the same time for some sets? It's not like we can march 4 wides out there right now. And what about Vareen? This guy has some speed and hands - he's got to be better than Mathew Slater.

I think we'll see a lot of different things Monday night, but I don't want to see Brady locking into Welker the whole game before getting knuckled. We have some other guys that are suppossed to be able to help.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am filling in for Neal Page while he is in detention

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't get the belly aching here.  It had to be a player on IR.  None of the major stars were on IR to start the season so they couldn't be designated to return.  It's that simple.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't get the belly aching here.  It had to be a player on IR.  None of the major stars were on IR to start the season so they couldn't be designated to return.  It's that simple.

[/QUOTE]

IMO its a little more complicated when you take into account that BB used up his only IR / Return on Shiancoe even before the season started .

Thats pretty risky for a guy who when healthy isn't deemed valuable enough to even suit up .

What if Edelmans foot injury occured in week 1  ? ( or any other key player )

Luckily , it didnt happen ...this time.

I'm sure BB thought it out b4 using it on Shiance but IMO the IR / Return tag is a valuable tool that in the future he might want to reconsider using too early ( on lesser talent )

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to CaptnFoxboro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

IMO its a little more complicated when you take into account that BB used up his only IR / Return on Shiancoe even before the season started .

Thats pretty risky for a guy who when healthy isn't deemed valuable enough to even suit up .

I'm sure BB thought it out b4 using it on Shiance but IMO the IR / Return tag is a valuable tool that in the future he might want to reconsider using too early ( on lesser talent )

[/QUOTE]

So you are aware that the actual situation has worked as well as could be expected and are concerned about a hypothetical situation that you have designed? 

In the future it might be different.  They used the designation on the most talented player they had on IR, I'm sorry they didn't have more talented players on IR.  Most people would see that as a good thing.

This just feels like a desperate stretch to complain about a situation that has worked as well as it could. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I get your point Sheanigan , I can understand why it might look like nit-pickin' .

At the time that Shianco was named the IR / Return guy I felt that BB might have been better served to wait and see how the season shook out.

I'm sure it couldn't have been an easy decision  , and I'm also pretty sure Hernandez' injury history played a part in using it early on his back-up .

( I even started a thread here regarding my concerns )

As it's turned out  -

It looks like a good move and I'm pleased it didnt come back to hurt us .

My point is just that in future years - we may not be so lucky .

( I'm also sure most coaches are using tis season to more fully understand the implications of their applications of this new rule )

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

im sorry in our mind thats how it is (ues i was awaare of this when fells and when shianciow was signed), but bb doesnt work that way. hell put a guy in and use him if hell help the team win, not exclusively oh hyou are gronk b, you are hern b, you go in if gronk a or hern a is out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I understand that he may have more of a Hernandez skill set, but when you are down as many guys at the skill positions...you can't this guy get on the field? He signed for some decent money - everyone made a bid deal out of him. You can't put Hernandez and him on the field at the same time for some sets? It's not like we can march 4 wides out there right now. And what about Vareen? This guy has some speed and hands - he's got to be better than Mathew Slater.

I think we'll see a lot of different things Monday night, but I don't want to see Brady locking into Welker the whole game before getting knuckled. We have some other guys that are suppossed to be able to help.

[/QUOTE]

"I understand that he may have more of a Hernandez skill set, but when you are down as many guys at the skill positions.."

exactly my point mthurl. glad somone coudl see it.

"I think we'll see a lot of different things Monday night, but I don't want to see Brady locking into Welker the whole game before getting knuckled. We have some other guys that are suppossed to be able to help."

exacttly aas i have it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So you are aware that the actual situation has worked as well as could be expected and are concerned about a hypothetical situation that you have designed? 

In the future it might be different.  They used the designation on the most talented player they had on IR, I'm sorry they didn't have more talented players on IR.  Most people would see that as a good thing.

This just feels like a desperate stretch to complain about a situation that has worked as well as it could. 

[/QUOTE]

you are missing the whole point. the point is if he is valuable enough to ir for return, why isnt he valuable enough to get on the field with so many injuries to pass catchers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

guy can catch and block, which is what we need with gronk out, someone who can be a threat on every play to stay in and block or release and be athletic going down the field AND CATCH IT.

what the ???

help.

[/QUOTE]

Let me give you the BB answer. We evaluate all our players in practice and PLAY the ones that give us the best chance of winning. Gonna go out on a limb here and believe BB knows something we don't. I believe the Pats are 20-0 the last 2 and 1/2 years in the second half of the season---someone correct me if I'm wrong?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you are missing the whole point. the point is if he is valuable enough to ir for return, why isnt he valuable enough to get on the field with so many injuries to pass catchers.

[/QUOTE]

Who did you want to designate?  Calvin Johnson.  It has to be a player on the Pats, and a player on IR.  if Gronk, Wilfork, or Welker, or Brady were on IR it would have been them, but they werent.  The reason he's valuable enough to return but not get on the fiel with so many injuries is because there is only 1 player from the starting line up out with injuries.  Lloyd. Welker, and Hernandez are still playing.  Gronk is out.  

I guess it would be great if Hernandez were out so Shiancoe could get more reps.  I just don't get this reasoning.  They play the players they need.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

what the ???

help.

[/QUOTE]

Let me give you the BB answer. We evaluate all our players in practice and PLAY the ones that give us the best chance of winning. Gonna go out on a limb here and believe BB knows something we don't. I believe the Pats are 20-0 the last 2 and 1/2 years in the second half of the season---someone correct me if I'm wrong?

[/QUOTE]

yeah, thats teh problem it runs counter to the this is teh guy we need to make sure we ahve late in teh season. do you see teh 2 halfs of this issue i have brought up

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

umm its not that simple. You could have gone into the season and seen if anyone got hurt, and then used it, you do not have to use it before the season started. An example would be Aaron Hernandez, Ras-I, although I dont think they would waste the tag on him, or Gronk if his injury had occurred earlier.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

umm its not that simple. You could have gone into the season and seen if anyone got hurt, and then used it, you do not have to use it before the season started. An example would be Aaron Hernandez, Ras-I, although I dont think they would waste the tag on him, or Gronk if his injury had occurred earlier.

[/QUOTE]

perplexing that some folks cant hold teh concept of teh 2 thoughts together (we had 1 player to choose adn could hold that chip until  the most important playre we need goes down/shincoe selcected to be that guy, now hes healthy scratch) and see where it misses (or is an unrevealed piece of info-bout why hes not playing maybe not relted to performance. or was bb so wrong in his initial assessment thinking he would be valuable, but now realizes he doesnt want him on the field).

Sections
Shortcuts