Something BB has Never Done! What if he does this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from alcondragon. Show alcondragon's posts

Something BB has Never Done! What if he does this?

Now before you call me crazy think about this for a second. Bill as it might seem doesnt want to pay Vin W the big money, and Tampa wants to bail out of the #3 spot and trade down. Now we all know BB usually trades down but what if he used big Vin W to trade to Tampa and a 3rd round for their #3.
    Oh I know it sounds nuts and way off, but wouldnt that create some crazy draft selections. Face it the Patriots have cut thier budget and trading Vin W for that #3 would have Tampa chomping at the bit! and give the Patriots a very dominant position in this heavy draft!
    Well, go ahead tell me how stupid this is and Im crazy, but ohhh man it would be awsome

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Re: Something BB has Never Done! What if he does this?

Why on Earth would Tampa give up the #3 pick to overpay a NT? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Bucs could use him but if the Rams take a QB then one of the top two NT's falls to them anyways,also even if BB makes the trade too acquire the bucs first round pick he wouldn't keep it,he'ld trade that pick two more times and he'ld wind up picking in the 15-19 range,plus he will garner another third and a 4rth in doing so,Then knowing BB he'ld think about trading out of the round all together picking up a second this year and a first next year...It's just the way he thinks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Yeah, I'd have to side with Dafoe on this one.  It would probably take VW and #22 to get them to go for it. 

And I think I'd do it if McCoy or Suh were there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Why trade a proven vet like Wilfork for some kid who isn't wet behind the ears?And they would still have to pay the kid what they would have to pay Big Vince.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Because he's younger.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

But you don't know if he will be as good at the NFL as Wilfork was.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Something BB has Never Done! What if he does this?:
    Now before you call me crazy think about this for a second. Bill as it might seem doesnt want to pay Vin W the big money, and Tampa wants to bail out of the #3 spot and trade down. Now we all know BB usually trades down but what if he used big Vin W to trade to Tampa and a 3rd round for their #3. Oh I know it sounds nuts and way off, but wouldnt that create some crazy draft selections. Face it the Patriots have cut thier budget and trading Vin W for that #3 would have Tampa chomping at the bit! and give the Patriots a very dominant position in this heavy draft! Well, go ahead tell me how stupid this is and Im crazy, but ohhh man it would be awsome
    Posted by alcondragon

Tampa is broke.  They will have the lowest payroll in the league next year.  The Man U debt service has killed that team.  They would have zero interest in signing anybody like Wilfork to any substantial guaranteed money.  They will also do all they can to trade out of the #3 pick because they don't want anything to do with paying guaranteed money to a rookie either.  I could see them trading it for 22 and a 2nd long before paying a signing bonus to any veteran free agent.  Then again, I'm not convinced Kraft wants to pay $25 mil or more to a rookie either, are you?  The better value is right where they are, or trading down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Nothing the Pats have done in the Kraft/Belichick era suggests such a move would even be considered. I could see something like this happening if there was a "can't miss'' player there like . . .   oh  . . .   I don't know . . .   Ken Sims, but I just don't see it this year. Tell you the truth, I'll be surprised if the Pats don't trade down from 22.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Tampa is broke and needs a lot of talent.  So they trade for Vince and have to give up a top pick and sign a guy for a lot of dough, probably for more than the #3 pick would cost them?  And the Pats are gonna pick top 5?  No way.  If The Pats aren't gonna pay for a proven vet like Wilfork they ain't gonna pay a rookie that kind of money. 

This has no shot of happening. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

won't happen doesent fit Tampas needs or abilities.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Vince could easily play DT in a 4-3 Defense but I do agree that Tampa doesn't make sense

Sections
Shortcuts