Something doesn't sit right

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrewserBrad. Show BrewserBrad's posts

Something doesn't sit right

What I don't get is why ocho is still on the team. Could he actually be better than anyone thinks? When he catches the bal he falls down, yes I know it could be the trajectory of the ball but why are all those passes so strange? Ocho is a hell of a talent but is it part of BB's bigger plan. Conspiracy theorists chime in here, I think BB has kept him for the playoffs. I know this sounds crazy but I believe this could be true. Why would BB keep him on the team and let others go? Why not play him that much and when he does he can't seem to catch a ball? I think it's part of BB plan. I'm probably wrong but keeping this guy doesn't make any sense as a guy looking in. BB has a master plan that he didn't want to give up in the regular season. Chime in!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Something doesn't sit right

He and BB are friends. You need look no further.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I wish there was a secret master plan to unveil him as our secret weapon that vanquishes all but this is pure fantasy. Still, I am not bothered by his presence and if you asked BB if he is contributing he would probably say: "It's a team game. It's not about individual stats".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Because Underwood hasn't beaten him out yet?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

What do you want to do bring in Buddy Farnham?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In Response to Re: Something doesn't sit right:
    [QUOTE]What do you want to do bring in Buddy Farnham?
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Actually, I wonder why Buddy is not here? He could also play with Edelman and Slater on defense as well. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]He and BB are friends. You need look no further.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

A post like this shows how little value so many of your posts are. BB doesnt have a track record like he has from keeping "friends" on the team.

I also am frustrated by the tiny level of contribution 85 has delivered. But his few catches have mostly been third down conversions. Brady has also missed him big on a couple of occassions.

Rather than expect lots of catches from our number 6 receiver (you have Welker, Gronk, Branch, Hernandez and the RB as a class ahead of him) if he can make a couple of catches a game and one of them a conversion then he at least is helping the cause. I would like to see 3 or 4 catches a game but maybe that wont happen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Conspiracy?  Master plan?  Nahhhh.  

Let's get meta-physical: Ocho is suffering a curse, placed by Hernandez's aged maternal grandmother (I am going to launch another baseless rumor here and claim she is into Cajun Hoo Doo), for taking the number 85 from Hernandez. 

Ocho will not break the curse until he changes his name to Ocho-Uno and trades jersey numbers with Hernandez.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

At this point, I simply do not care about Ocho. I honestly forget he is on the team at this point. It is not like you are going to pick up some one better off the street in week 15... Let him keep his roster spot for whatever reason. The Pats are 10-3 without him contributing and I do not think that their playoff success or failure is contingent on him at this time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

For what it's worth, he's made about 5 catches this season that few other receivers in this league would have made (near the sidelines, great hands, feet in bounds).  Most of these catches continued critical drives on third down situations, in games they were trailing or that were close.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]For what it's worth, he's made about 5 catches this season that few other receivers in this league would have made (near the sidelines, great hands, feet in bounds).  Most of these catches continued critical drives on third down situations, in games they were trailing or that were close.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

They are saving him for the SB where he will be back to his deep threat self and become the MVP of the winning team. (wait am i still dreaming?)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Love the evil genuis thinking. Just don't think its happening with Ocho.
    Unleash the hounds!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

With Branch contributing basically nothing at this point and Tae kwon Do showing he doesn't belong on a professional football team at least give 85 some real reps already.  Force him to learn the offence in the last 3 games, in perpetration for the playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPATT. Show SANPATT's posts

In response to "Something doesn't sit right": [QUOTE]What I don't get is why ocho is still on the team. Could he actually be better than anyone thinks? When he catches the bal he falls down, yes I know it could be the trajectory of the ball but why are all those passes so strange? Ocho is a hell of a talent but is it part of BB's bigger plan. Conspiracy theorists chime in here, I think BB has kept him for the playoffs. I know this sounds crazy but I believe this could be true. Why would BB keep him on the team and let others go? Why not play him that much and when he does he can't seem to catch a ball? I think it's part of BB plan. I'm probably wrong but keeping this guy doesn't make any sense as a guy looking in. BB has a master plan that he didn't want to give up in the regular season. Chime in! Posted by BrewserBrad[/QUOTE] 6.5 million reasons to keep him ....

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Ineresting theory, but I think its because theres only one ball to throw on the field during the game. TB's got two newer TE's one is really good (Hernandez) and the other is great (Gronk), next he's got the best spilt end in the game (Wes), after that he's got his oldest budy and comfort zone (Deion), pluss the backs who can do some speical thing with the ball after the catch (Woodhead, Faulk) so by the time it gets to Ocho's turn there is not a lot of throws left. 

Ohco is fine, he is trying to find some space in a clutered field.    

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Something doesn't sit right : If he hasn't gotten it by now, "forcing him to learn it" isn't going to make him learn it.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

I don't fully agree with you here 1966.  I believe you learn your routes and adjustments through repetition.  With 3 easy games left I'd get him out there as much as possible.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Something doesn't sit right : I don't fully agree with you here 1966.  I believe you learn your routes and adjustments through repetition.  With 3 easy games left I'd get him out there as much as possible.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

I feel like if he were going to figure it out, 13 weeks of practices and games should suffice for a player of his age/caliber. At this point, I say let him play, but don't try forcing the ball to him. I really do not think another weapon in the passing game is the key to the Patriots going far this year...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

The Pats aren't very deep right now at WR.  Branch, Underwood, Welker, Edelman, and maybe Slater.  Edelman and Welker are slot guys, so cutting Chad wouldn't make much sense right now.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Something doesn't sit right : A post like this shows how little value so many of your posts are. BB doesnt have a track record like he has from keeping "friends" on the team. I also am frustrated by the tiny level of contribution 85 has delivered. But his few catches have mostly been third down conversions. Brady has also missed him big on a couple of occassions. Rather than expect lots of catches from our number 6 receiver (you have Welker, Gronk, Branch, Hernandez and the RB as a class ahead of him) if he can make a couple of catches a game and one of them a conversion then he at least is helping the cause. I would like to see 3 or 4 catches a game but maybe that wont happen.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

Junior Seau.  Kevin Faulk.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]For what it's worth, he's made about 5 catches this season that few other receivers in this league would have made (near the sidelines, great hands, feet in bounds).  Most of these catches continued critical drives on third down situations, in games they were trailing or that were close.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

That's the way I've viewed it as well.  Not entirely sure why he's not on the field more but he's on the team for a reason as is the case with  Kevin Faulk and was the case with Junior Seau.  Personal friendship?  Hardly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Something doesn't sit right": [QUOTE]In response to "Something doesn't sit right": 6.5 million reasons to keep him .... Posted by SANPATT[/QUOTE] Can we put this rumor to rest, Ochocinco does not make 6 mil per year, he makes a base salary of 1mil. There was roughly a 4mil signing bonus but that is spread out over the life of the contract like all bonus'. Basically all contracts other than league minimum deals have a signing bonus. It's like saying Manning makes 50 mil per year because of his signing bonus on the first year or Brady made 30mil per year. The signing bonus is not paid the first year and is not part of the cap in the first year, it is spread for the life of the contract. He makes around 2.5 mil per year, a fairly reasonable contract for a veteran.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Something doesn't sit right": Can we put this rumor to rest, Ochocinco does not make 6 mil per year, he makes a base salary of 1mil. There was roughly a 4mil signing bonus but that is spread out over the life of the contract like all bonus'. Basically all contracts other than league minimum deals have a signing bonus. It's like saying Manning makes 50 mil per year because of his signing bonus on the first year or Brady made 30mil per year. The signing bonus is not paid the first year and is not part of the cap in the first year, it is spread for the life of the contract. He makes around 2.5 mil per year, a fairly reasonable contract for a veteran.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

How much of his contract is guaranteed? Because if he is dumped after this season, which he should be, then THAT is how much he made for this year

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

With Branch out this Sunday, could we see Ocho get his first TD catch of the season?

Sections
Shortcuts