Something in that psychological report Pats don't want public?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Something in that psychological report Pats don't want public?

At a hearing Wednesday to determine whether the New England Patriots could be compelled to hand over Aaron Hernandez's medical records, Judge Raymond Veary said that scouting/combine reports on the former tight end are relevant, but whether the defense gets them won't be determined until another hearing on July 22.

Hernandez's attorney argued that the Patriots withheld Hernandez's psychological assessment as well as medical and scouting records, adding that his "state of mind" is critical to his defense.

"Everyone in this world knows your client's state of mind is an issue in this case," Judge Veary said.

The Patriots say they'll turn over hundreds of pages of medical and other records to lawyers for Hernandez but object to producing scouting reports and a psychological profile.

Patriots attorney Andrew Phelan said Wednesday the team has agreed to produce 317 pages of materials sought by Hernandez's defense attorneys. But Phelan says scouting reports are proprietary and irrelevant. He says the team has offered lawyers the option of reviewing the psychological assessment at its office.

Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to murder in the 2013 shooting death of Odin Lloyd, a semi-professional football player who was dating the sister of Hernandez's fiancée. Two of his associates have also been charged with murder. Hernandez has also pleaded not guilty in a second case in which he is charged with killing two men in Boston in 2012. He's being held without bail.

After Wednesday's hearing, Hernandez was transferred from the Bristol County House of Corrections to the Suffolk County Jail in Boston so that he could be closer to his lawyers.

Hernandez likely will be moved back to Bristol County when he goes on trial on the first of the three murder charges, for the killing of Lloyd.

ESPN's Michele Steele and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Re: Something in that psychological report Pats don't want public?

I think the reason is more due to Pats not wanting their reporting methods and evaluation concepts made public more than protecting what they knew and when. I am sure BB thinks his system and info is critical to the Pats being the Pats, so they are protecting the organization from others understanding more about Pats inner workings.

just a hunch

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At a hearing Wednesday to determine whether the New England Patriots could be compelled to hand over Aaron Hernandez's medical records, Judge Raymond Veary said that scouting/combine reports on the former tight end are relevant, but whether the defense gets them won't be determined until another hearing on July 22.

Hernandez's attorney argued that the Patriots withheld Hernandez's psychological assessment as well as medical and scouting records, adding that his "state of mind" is critical to his defense.

"Everyone in this world knows your client's state of mind is an issue in this case," Judge Veary said.

The Patriots say they'll turn over hundreds of pages of medical and other records to lawyers for Hernandez but object to producing scouting reports and a psychological profile.

Patriots attorney Andrew Phelan said Wednesday the team has agreed to produce 317 pages of materials sought by Hernandez's defense attorneys. But Phelan says scouting reports are proprietary and irrelevant. He says the team has offered lawyers the option of reviewing the psychological assessment at its office.

Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to murder in the 2013 shooting death of Odin Lloyd, a semi-professional football player who was dating the sister of Hernandez's fiancée. Two of his associates have also been charged with murder. Hernandez has also pleaded not guilty in a second case in which he is charged with killing two men in Boston in 2012. He's being held without bail.

After Wednesday's hearing, Hernandez was transferred from the Bristol County House of Corrections to the Suffolk County Jail in Boston so that he could be closer to his lawyers.

Hernandez likely will be moved back to Bristol County when he goes on trial on the first of the three murder charges, for the killing of Lloyd.

[/QUOTE]

All the article says is that the Scouting report is proprietary and that they are allowing both sides to review the psychological report in the Pats lawyers office.

Not sure how a football scouting report evaluating his football talent is relevant to killing 3 people and both lawyers are going to be allowed to look at the psych report most likely to determine the relevance to the case.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think Pats-bilbo got it right.  The only thing the Pats are trying to hide are their scouting methods.  Those are intellectual property that they feel give them a competitive advantage over other teams.  They don't want their competitors to get hold of them.

The defense, however, is probably trying to make a case that Hernandez can't be held fully responsible for his actions because he is mentally impaired.  So they want to get their hands on any psychological evaluation that might help that case. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

He says the team has offered lawyers the option of reviewing the psychological assessment at its office.

If the team was afraid of a smoking gun in the psych evaluation then they wouldn't have offered this compromise because anything that juicy would probably be leaked. This has to do with not wanting their scouting report made public for football reasons. And let's be serious here there isn't a god dam thing that is going to be in any psych evaluation that matters. A 15 minute session with some team psychologist doesn't let you predict murder. This isn't Minority Report no matter how much you seem to think it is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

This is what stands out to me;

I would assume that the defense also is requesting other teams evaluation of AH who took him off their draft boards. Will be interesting what is in there. 

PCM, where do you live? I have some property upstate........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The defense realizes that Hernandez is going down without an insanity defense and is trying to cook one up using predraft evaluations.  It is laughable and will never work, but it is all they have.

My question is what you think could possibly be in any of these reports that is meaningful from a Patriots perspective.  I sincerely doubt the team psychologist wrote "Do not draft because he is going to murder a bunch of people in the next few years".  Any kind of limited pysch evaluation like the one that is done predraft cannot possibly have any real value.  The number of people that actually do what Hernandez did is incredibly small.  The number of psychologically f'ed up people in the world is incredibly large.  There cannot possibly be anything in any psych report that "proves" the team knew he was going to off people.  Again this isn't Minority Report.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As I understand HIPPA, AH has the right to all of his medical records; including psychological evaluations - if that's what they are.  I think this is different from a scouting report; which may not be "medical".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The defense realizes that Hernandez is going down without an insanity defense and is trying to cook one up using predraft evaluations.  It is laughable and will never work, but it is all they have.

My question is what you think could possibly be in any of these reports that is meaningful from a Patriots perspective.  I sincerely doubt the team psychologist wrote "Do not draft because he is going to murder a bunch of people in the next few years".  Any kind of limited pysch evaluation like the one that is done predraft cannot possibly have any real value.  The number of people that actually do what Hernandez did is incredibly small.  The number of psychologically f'ed up people in the world is incredibly large.  There cannot possibly be anything in any psych report that "proves" the team knew he was going to off people.  Again this isn't Minority Report.

[/QUOTE]

So true pcmlV.   I think a lot of people on this board need some psychological evaluation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Not surprised at all they don't want to release those reports, this the Patriots we are talking about here, they would rather die than give up one piece of information...meaningful or not. The information they are "releasing" I'm sure is a lot like a Belichick's press conference...long on wind...short on substance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the reason is more due to Pats not wanting their reporting methods and evaluation concepts made public more than protecting what they knew and when. I am sure BB thinks his system and info is critical to the Pats being the Pats, so they are protecting the organization from others understanding more about Pats inner workings.

just a hunch

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Rkrap is a troll and dumb.  The nfl and ncaa can furnish their own analysis with their dossiers.  With the socio-economic landscape of the nfl and nba, they can provide that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think it is the exact opposite.  I think the defense wants to portray him in as good a light as they can.  They want to quiet the notion that he is unstable and imbalanced.  I think they believe that the Patriots' information will be able to do that. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?!?

those test results and how each team interprets them tell a lot about an individual. 

Let me also ask you, is the reason AH was dropped form most teams draft boards because of a declining 40 yard time, him smoking a little pot, or teams brining ing him in pre draft and evaluating him psychologically?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

just a hunch

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Rkrap is a troll and dumb.  The nfl and ncaa can furnish their own analysis with their dossiers.  With the socio-economic landscape of the nfl and nba, they can provide that.

[/QUOTE]

The heading indicates what this thread contains. You are against any news reports or conversation regarding AH, so go away and post something about always son or Bobo Brazil and the Colts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

How can anyone really care about Hernandez anymore?  Wake me when they find him guilty.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think it is the exact opposite.  I think the defense wants to portray him in as good a light as they can.  They want to quiet the notion that he is unstable and imbalanced.  I think they believe that the Patriots' information will be able to do that. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree. How could someone that an organization like the Pats, investigated and then invested in so greatly, possibly be capable of such insanity. Reasonable doubt.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

How can anyone really care about Hernandez anymore?  Wake me when they find him guilty.

[/QUOTE]

How about waking before you post? Seems like you are sleeping while you post

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  It will be part of their character building case.  They will concede the pot tests but use the second deal and overall perfect soldier analysis by the pats along with urban meyer's goofy church group thing as more evidence.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How about waking before you post? Seems like you are sleeping while you post

[/QUOTE]

If he is not fully awake, then you are in a coma every time you post.

Bawahah

You and your fellow trolls' infatuation with this daily drama is very telling.

A camp is upcoming and you are more interested in case formalities than the 2014 team or season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

just a hunch

[/QUOTE]

Of course that's the reason.  Any rational human being with a smidgen of understanding of how the Pats operate would come to this conclusion.  This toolbag just loves to beat this dead horse over and over again. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

There is a simple compromise that could satisfy reasonable parties.

The Pats turn over the documents that are at issue with the "scouting material" redacted. 

I assume the judge has privately counseled the parties to consider moving in this direction.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I heard BB wrote in Pencil at the top of one of the documents "Urban told me he Murdered a guy at a Florida Bar his Freshman year"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Well you know if he has emotional boo boo's he should be set free. Whoever hurt his feelings when he was 5 is responsible.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I heard Polian wrote in indelible marker; "take this guy off our draft board. He has significant psychosis due to chronic drug issues, and initial testing shows he is paranoid, prone to acting out in a very physical manner, and his temper indicates he is capable of dangerous traits"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

I heard Polian wrote in indelible marker; "take this guy off our draft board. He has significant psychosis due to chronic drug issues, and initial testing shows he is paranoid, prone to acting out in a very physical manner, and his temper indicates he is capable of dangerous traits"

[/QUOTE]

I heard Irsay overruled him, writing "This is a guy I'd love to hang with and toss back a few brewskies".

Sections
Shortcuts