Something in that psychological report Pats don't want public?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: Something in that psychological report Pats don't want public?

In response to rkarp's comment:

I heard Polian wrote in indelible marker; "take this guy off our draft board. He has significant psychosis due to chronic drug issues, and initial testing shows he is paranoid, prone to acting out in a very physical manner, and his temper indicates he is capable of dangerous traits"

Umm, you cannot be this stupid.   Are you aware what irsay himself has been involved with in recent months?

Polian's checks were signed by irsay.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

I heard Polian wrote in indelible marker; "take this guy off our draft board. He has significant psychosis due to chronic drug issues, and initial testing shows he is paranoid, prone to acting out in a very physical manner, and his temper indicates he is capable of dangerous traits"

[/QUOTE]

Just because the Pats drafted him, every team scouted the guy and would have some pre-draft report on him. Why aren't those reports just as relevant as New England's?  I would think the lawyers would want to see all, or at least some number of them. Really, the Pats' reports are no more or less relevant.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the reason is more due to Pats not wanting their reporting methods and evaluation concepts made public more than protecting what they knew and when. I am sure BB thinks his system and info is critical to the Pats being the Pats, so they are protecting the organization from others understanding more about Pats inner workings.

just a hunch

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Rkrap is a troll and dumb.  The nfl and ncaa can furnish their own analysis with their dossiers.  With the socio-economic landscape of the nfl and nba, they can provide that.

[/QUOTE]

The heading indicates what this thread contains. You are against any news reports or conversation regarding AH, so go away and post something about always son or Bobo Brazil and the Colts

[/QUOTE]

Big time wrAstling fan!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just because the Pats drafted him, every team scouted the guy and would have some pre-draft report on him. Why aren't those reports just as relevant as New England's?  I would think the lawyers would want to see all, or at least some number of them. Really, the Pats' reports are no more or less relevant.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, 100% agreed. I do believe that they will also have psych reports from teams that had taken him off their draft board. 

My post above regarding Polian was tongue in cheek, in response to Tcal's post, but I am sure Polian will have some info to submit which will go directly up BB's rectum sideways

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Umm, you cannot be this stupid.   Are you aware what irsay himself has been involved with in recent months?

Polian's checks were signed by irsay.

[/QUOTE]

Really? I didn't know Polian worked for the Colts. Did he really work for Irsay? 

No, go, what is Irsay involved in these days? 

Oh yeah, I posted about it lower down on the front page of the forum, and you commented on that post.

what a moron you are.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Maybe I'm misreading, but some of the posts on this thread seem to imply a belief that the Pats are somehow on trial themselves--that Hernandez's lawyers are looking to dig up dirt on the Pats.  The only reason I can think of that they would want to do that, however, is if they were trying to show that the Pats were liable for exposing Hernandez to a brain injury, which then led to Hernandez's current state (i.e., they plan to bring a civil suit against the Pats).  This might be a way to extract money from the Pats.  But as far as I know, no civil action has been taken against the Pats by Hernandez.

So while it is possible that Hernandez's lawyers are fishing for evidence they could use in a civil suit, I think the most likely scenario is that they think the Pats' records may be helpful to Hernandez's defense in the criminal case.  This suggests to me that they are going to use an insanity defense (or a defense that Hernandez was too brain damaged to be held responsible for his actions).  Some have suggested that the lawyers want the Pats' records to demonstrate the opposite--to show that Hernandez's character was unimpeachable.  I'm not a lawyer, but I think that sounds a little unlikely--maybe in a sentencing hearing, testimonials to character can be useful, but I'm not sure they are very useful in the actual trial.  Being a fine, upstanding citizen is all well and good, but it does nothing to counter the evidence that you murdered someone.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe I'm misreading, but some of the posts on this thread seem to imply a belief that the Pats are somehow on trial themselves--that Hernandez's lawyers are looking to dig up dirt on the Pats.  The only reason I can think of that they would want to do that, however, is if they were trying to show that the Pats were liable for exposing Hernandez to a brain injury, which then led to Hernandez's current state (i.e., they plan to bring a civil suit against the Pats).  This might be a way to extract money from the Pats.  But as far as I know, no civil action has been taken against the Pats by Hernandez.

So while it is possible that Hernandez's lawyers are fishing for evidence they could use in a civil suit, I think the most likely scenario is that they think the Pats' records may be helpful to Hernandez's defense in the criminal case.  This suggests to me that they are going to use an insanity defense (or a defense that Hernandez was too brain damaged to be held responsible for his actions).  Some have suggested that the lawyers want the Pats' records to demonstrate the opposite--to show that Hernandez's character was unimpeachable.  I'm not a lawyer, but I think that sounds a little unlikely--maybe in a sentencing hearing, testimonials to character can be useful, but I'm not sure they are very useful in the actual trial.  Being a fine, upstanding citizen is all well and good, but it does nothing to counter the evidence that you murdered someone.  

[/QUOTE]

Pro, you a 1000% correct, and the basis for the insanity will be based on drug use. Numerous teams, Pats included will have psychological testing on AH showing him to be unstable, paranoid and aggressive, while having a chronic drug issue over the course of years

If anything, the Pats appear guilty to with hold this information. 100% for sure other teams will have just the type of reports on AH that will also help with his insanity plea. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

Pro, you a 1000% correct, and the basis for the insanity will be based on drug use. Numerous teams, Pats included will have psychological testing on AH showing him to be unstable, paranoid and aggressive, while having a chronic drug issue over the course of years

If anything, the Pats appear guilty to with hold this information. 100% for sure other teams will have just the type of reports on AH that will also help with his insanity plea. 

[/QUOTE]

I do think their only reason to withhold the information is to protect what they believe is intellectual property (scouting methods).  There is a possibility, however, that they are concerned with things in the report that might result in bad PR (i.e., they drafted and hired a player despite strong evidence he was a psychopath).  Or they could be concerned with something that might suggest that they are somehow liable for causing or exacerbating Hernandez's (alleged) mental issues. So there are some possible "guilty" reasons for the Pats wanting to withhold the information contained in the reports, but I think the most probable reason for them being reluctant to release the reports is the intellectual property concern.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I do think their only reason to withhold the information is to protect what they believe is intellectual property (scouting methods).  There is a possibility, however, that they are concerned with things in the report that might result in bad PR (i.e., they drafted and hired a player despite strong evidence he was a psychopath).  Or they could be concerned with something that might suggest that they are somehow liable for causing or exacerbating Hernandez's (alleged) mental issues. So there are some possible "guilty" reasons for the Pats wanting to withhold the information contained in the reports, but I think the most probable reason for them being reluctant to release the reports is the intellectual property concern.

[/QUOTE]

That's fine. We can agree to disagree. I just think scouts move around, change teams so much, even discuss players amongst each other, that there really isn't much "proprietary" regarding a players abilities. Perhaps there is some reference to how those abilities translate to a specific team, but for a pure talent evaluation, I don't think there is much there. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Pro, just an observation... I agree with you 100% regarding the intellectual property reasoning... just to play devil’s advocate to the bad PR theory... I don't think bad PR is an issue. The organization has already incurred just about as much bad PR regarding Hernandez as one organization could and still do daily. Unless it says in the Psych report that Hernandez was going to turn into a murderer I don't think that people reading that in the report  he was  smoking dope and had possible gang affiliations is going to change how the majority of the fans already are viewing this situation. The player was a scum bag, the pick was a mistake, the team made a HUGE blunder and have incurred a tremendous PR hit already and rightfully so. I don't think reading what we already know is going to change the mood of the fans much. If there is something in there that says the guy was a potential murderer then yes there should be a tremendous backlash against the team. I'm going to go out on a limb and bet it doesn't say he was potential murderer in any of their evaluations.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

How can anyone really care about Hernandez anymore?  Wake me when they find him guilty.

[/QUOTE]

How about waking before you post? Seems like you are sleeping while you post

[/QUOTE]

Get over yourself.  Not everyone is obsessed with the Aaron Hernandez murder trial like you seem to be.  Why don't you ask your "sources" what was in that psychological report and get back to us, champ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I heard Irsay overruled him, writing "This is a guy I'd love to hang with and toss back a few brewskies".

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I thought it would be "snort a few lines, smoke some weed, pop a few pills or watch in awe as he kills a few people" not "toss back a few brewskies" HAHAHA

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So you're saying that AH is going to admit that he killed all of those people, on the outside chance that he can beat the rap with an insanity plea?  That's an awfully big gamble to take.  When you consider that there is no eyewitness to the drive-by shooting...why would he admit to it?  I anticipate that AH's attorneys are going to try to get as much of the State's evidence thrown out, as they can, and then pursue a simple "not guilty" plea.  I still contend that they are looking for information that bolsters their client's reputation.  If they wanted negative, they would seek out information from all of those other teams that walked away from him, wouldn't they?  I mean it would seem likely that those teams had far more negative impressions of him than the Patriots did.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So you're saying that AH is going to admit that he killed all of those people, on the outside chance that he can beat the rap with an insanity plea?  That's an awfully big gamble to take.  When you consider that there is no eyewitness to the drive-by shooting...why would he admit to it?  I anticipate that AH's attorneys are going to try to get as much of the State's evidence thrown out, as they can, and then pursue a simple "not guilty" plea.  I still contend that they are looking for information that bolsters their client's reputation.  If they wanted negative, they would seek out information from all of those other teams that walked away from him, wouldn't they?  I mean it would seem likely that those teams had far more negative impressions of him than the Patriots did.

[/QUOTE]

There will be nothing available in any of these tests that puts AH in a good light

That is why the Pats are balking

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How can anyone really care about Hernandez anymore?  Wake me when they find him guilty.

[/QUOTE]

How about waking before you post? Seems like you are sleeping while you post

[/QUOTE]

Get over yourself.  Not everyone is obsessed with the Aaron Hernandez murder trial like you seem to be.  Why don't you ask your "sources" what was in that psychological report and get back to us, champ?

[/QUOTE]

So stop reading and posting on the thread and go back to sleep posting elsewhere

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Pro, just an observation... I agree with you 100% regarding the intellectual property reasoning... just to play devil’s advocate to the bad PR theory... I don't think bad PR is an issue. The organization has already incurred just about as much bad PR regarding Hernandez as one organization could and still do daily. Unless it says in the Psych report that Hernandez was going to turn into a murderer I don't think that people reading that in the report  he was  smoking dope and had possible gang affiliations is going to change how the majority of the fans already are viewing this situation. The player was a scum bag, the pick was a mistake, the team made a HUGE blunder and have incurred a tremendous PR hit already and rightfully so. I don't think reading what we already know is going to change the mood of the fans much. If there is something in there that says the guy was a potential murderer then yes there should be a tremendous backlash against the team. I'm going to go out on a limb and bet it doesn't say he was potential murderer in any of their evaluations.

[/QUOTE]

There will be ample evidence in numerous teams reports indicating what AH is capable if, but nothing in the report will speculate probability

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There will be nothing available in any of these tests that puts AH in a good light

That is why the Pats are balking

[/QUOTE]

How are they balking? They turned over "hundreds of pages of medical and other records". They are also allowing both sides to see the scouting/pysch report. Are you saying that the psych evaluation portion of the scouting report on AH is going to show he was a budding murderer? I have a hard time believing that anywhere in any documentation will you see anything but that he had an issue with drugs and might be be tied to gang related activities. You may be proven correct that there is more in those documents but my educated guess is that the most damning things are related to drug use and possible gang ties.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There will be ample evidence in numerous teams reports indicating what AH is capable if, but nothing in the report will speculate probability

[/QUOTE]

Football is a violent game played by violent men. I would venture that more than half of the players in the NFL have reports on them saying they are capable of violence.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Phelan has offered to view the documents at his office to make sure copies are not made.  To control the environment of the physical document which is proprietary property of the Pats.  You can't blame the Pats for that.  However, other medical documents while he with was the team are to be made available.  So it's not that the Pats don't want the report made public as much as it is the teams scouting methods getting out.  Phelan may allow certain parts be copied but not the scouting document as a whole.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

It's easy as an organization to look away from the paranoia, unstableness, etc that Hernandez displayed when he continually showed up on Sundays doing his job like no one else in the league. 

Outside of reports that he was a loner and threatened Welker, he really wasnt an issue on the job. Showed up to practice, said all the right things, and went beast mode on the field. What else could the Pats ask for? No one could have imagined AH would off 3 dudes. 

He was winning us football games with his talent not causing issues in the job. 

What the Pats did or didn't know about Hernandez doesn't matter, if they knew he would be a murder, he wouldn't have been drafted. He did the unthinkable. Bb just thought the kid was a druggie and idiot 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I am very curious about the Pats reasons for holding back from the release of AH's psychological testing and scouting appraisals and the use of terms "proprietary and irrelevant". Like all of you, I am trying to determine their reasoning.

1) If any testing conducted was not conducted a licensed psychologist with a background in testing or forensics any tests conducted would simply be viewed by the court as an "unqualified opinion" just as if anyone on the board were making it. So, it is possible the "testing" is proprietary and irrelevant from a legal perspective. Again, it depends on the qualifications of the person conducting the evaluation.

2) There are interesting interpretations of the Pats behavior on the board: a)not wanting to disclose scouting methods unique to the team; b) not wanting to disclose previous knowledge of unstable, paranoid and aggressive behavior exacerbated by a history of drug abuse which could cause others to view the team in a negative light; c) fear of a civil lawsuit by AH for exacerbating a known psychological/medical condition.

In addition, there are also opposing explanations of AH's attorney's request: wanting to support their clients heath and preparing to declare an insanity defense because the case is lost.

What are we to make of all this? I really don't know and I don't think a Forensic Psychologist could tell you either right now! I do think the Pats should comply. The longer this information is held back, the longer the pink elephant is in the room, the more people will wonder and attribute negative motives to the Pats for holding back. It is best to just face it and move on. If mistakes were made, admit them, learn from them and go forward with dignity and integrity.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am very curious about the Pats reasons for holding back from the release of AH's psychological testing and scouting appraisals and the use of terms "proprietary and irrelevant". Like all of you, I am trying to determine their reasoning.

1) If any testing conducted was not conducted a licensed psychologist with a background in testing or forensics any tests conducted would simply be viewed by the court as an "unqualified opinion" just as if anyone on the board were making it. So, it is possible the "testing" is proprietary and irrelevant from a legal perspective. Again, it depends on the qualifications of the person conducting the evaluation.

2) There are interesting interpretations of the Pats behavior on the board: a)not wanting to disclose scouting methods unique to the team; b) not wanting to disclose previous knowledge of unstable, paranoid and aggressive behavior exacerbated by a history of drug abuse which could cause others to view the team in a negative light; c) fear of a civil lawsuit by AH for exacerbating a known psychological/medical condition.

In addition, there are also opposing explanations of AH's attorney's request: wanting to support their clients heath and preparing to declare an insanity defense because the case is lost.

What are we to make of all this? I really don't know and I don't think a Forensic Psychologist could tell you either right now! I do think the Pats should comply. The longer this information is held back, the longer the pink elephant is in the room, the more people will wonder and attribute negative motives to the Pats for holding back. It is best to just face it and move on. If mistakes were made, admit them, learn from them and go forward with dignity and integrity.

[/QUOTE]

NYC, they are not holding the information back. They are allowing both sides lawyers to view the documentation at the law office that represents the Pats. Both sides will be able review the information just not allowed to copy or take the documentation.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Insanity defense?  Wow! Now that's a stretch of monumental proportions.  I'm not a lawyer either but I assume just the fact of hiding guns after the fact could bar any insanity defense.  (I believe that if he had the mental ability to cover up possible incriminating evidence is enough to rule insanity out - at least as a defense)  Now as far as where the event happened in proximinty of where AH lived (if guilty) is just plain stupid or hubris.  Stupidity and or hubris is not a defense either.

As far as asking for the Patriot records, of course his lawyers want everything they can get.  And if I was the Patriots, I wouldn't give them squat unless it's ordered by the court.  In our litigation society, anybody, any business has to be extremely careful of any information given out to lawyers because as ridiculous as it may seem these lawyers could make it appear that somehow this was all the Patriots fault.  I'd tell them to KMA. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Has camp started yet???????

When this is one of the most active blogs on the site we really need to get back to football. Can't wait to see camp reports, updates on players, speculation on rosters, anything about the actual 2014/2015 season.

The Pats are not holding back, they are just reserving the right to control the scouting documents. The defense and prosecution can review the documents take notes and make reference to them but they can't copy them and release them at will. Seems reasonable to me....

Let's get back to some real football soon..............................

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I just noticed this on FOX SPORTS:

Hernandez's attorneys last month asked a judge to approve a subpoena to compel his former employer to turn over all the records in his personnel file, saying they may contain important information about his state of mind.

''State of mind is critical,'' defense attorney Michael Fee told a judge Wednesday. ''This is not a fishing expedition. We're not on a lark.''

He said the scouting reports may contain exculpatory information about ''prior bad acts'' allegedly committed by Hernandez before he joined the Patriots in 2010, including while he played football at the University of Florida. Fee called the offer to merely look at the psychological profile summary ''a dodge and a feint,'' saying the document is part of the personnel file and that the defense is entitled to it.

This is ominous. It appears the defense is analyzing the possibility of preparing an insanity defense. It is also a possibility they are looking to tie the Pats or NFL into it for ignoring known information about AH's health and exposing him to conditions (violent hits, CTE, lack of drug counseling etc.) which could exacerbate his pre-existing condition. I don't know they would take it that far as that would be taking on a lot of controversy but at this stage it is all a guess. I understand why the Pats don't want to give up the information but I am sure the judge will demand they release all reports to the defense.

Sections
Shortcuts