Something that desperately needs to be clarified

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Something that desperately needs to be clarified

I see a lot of Brady bashing today for his outburst(s). I think he was frustrated throughout the game, and I would've rather seen him teaching the young guys a bit more, but the frustration and anger is entirely understandable. It's a fine line. But I digress... onto the important thing.

The one major outburst, after the ball short-hopped to the endzone, and Brady snapped, yelling on the field, and screaming on the sideline while throwing something -- I think that's the series of actions folks are focusing on. Had it not been for that, I doubt we hear much complaining today about Brady's body language. 

That outburst was directed at Edelman, not Dobson, as I and many others initially thought. Watch that play carefully; Dobson ran the correct route, the corner. Edelman continued to drag across the middle of the field, when he should've sat down in the zone and turned and faced Brady. 

Tom was upset at Edelman, not Dobson. While that doesn't entirely excuse his outburst, I think it's much more understandable and acceptable, considering that Edelman is a 4-year veteran who should have some idea what he's doing. Had that been directed at Dobson, I think Brady was entirely out-of-line. But that was going towards Edelman, which makes his actions more understandable and somewhat acceptable. 

While Brady's body language could have been better, I think if we take this instance out of the equation, we come away with a different impression. Just thought everyone should know this before ripping Brady too hard. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Something that desperately needs to be clarified

"We don't need another thread for this topic, dude. Come on."

Apparently we do, as no one seems to understand what happened on that play. Everyone is assuming that Brady was chewing out Dobson, which doesn't appear to be the case to me. 

Was Brady a tad too emotional last night? I think I'd say yes, but I don't know what has been going on behind the scenes. Are these recurring mistakes? Are these things that have been addressed? I don't know that. Again, I think Tom should be teaching a bit more and yelling a bit less, but the frustration is entirely understandable. I really can't judge his actions w/o knowing what is being discussed and worked on behind closed doors. 

Let's go Pats!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I thought this was going to be a thread explaining why you posted your farewell message and returned the following day.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Honestly he could have been chewing out both. It's really hard to tell which one mad the bad read as it feel between both. Heck they both could have been in the wrong as both should have read the coverage and sat on the goal line. Though Edelman might have deserved more of the blame because being a vet on the team he should have known better but unless someone who called and knew what play was run we can't say for certain who messed up or if both actually did

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Not-a-shot  - +1..   puts a smile on the face given the topic.

Brady is just intense and is so focused on winning.  Let's leave it at that and be glad the Pats have a player with that type of passion for the TEAM and not one self.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

I see a lot of Brady bashing today for his outburst(s). I think he was frustrated throughout the game, and I would've rather seen him teaching the young guys a bit more, but the frustration and anger is entirely understandable. It's a fine line. But I digress... onto the important thing.

The one major outburst, after the ball short-hopped to the endzone, and Brady snapped, yelling on the field, and screaming on the sideline while throwing something -- I think that's the series of actions folks are focusing on. Had it not been for that, I doubt we hear much complaining today about Brady's body language. 

That outburst was directed at Edelman, not Dobson, as I and many others initially thought. Watch that play carefully; Dobson ran the correct route, the corner. Edelman continued to drag across the middle of the field, when he should've sat down in the zone and turned and faced Brady. 

Tom was upset at Edelman, not Dobson. While that doesn't entirely excuse his outburst, I think it's much more understandable and acceptable, considering that Edelman is a 4-year veteran who should have some idea what he's doing. Had that been directed at Dobson, I think Brady was entirely out-of-line. But that was going towards Edelman, which makes his actions more understandable and somewhat acceptable. 

While Brady's body language could have been better, I think if we take this instance out of the equation, we come away with a different impression. Just thought everyone should know this before ripping Brady too hard. 

Yes, and it's not acceptable from Edleman who has been in the system for years and should be focused and playing perfect football. 

Brady did bark at Dobson once, after the circle route. He also threw slammed his own helmet for missing a target. 

This whole theatrical display by fans here is over the top. 

Given how dreadfully high the amount of WR miscues are, even for rookies, it's been a pretty mild go that Brady has yelled once at someone and people are fuming.

End of the day, right? People are looking for a scapegoat because the team was not built correctly and the rookies are unprepared.

You don't stick that on another player .... you stick that on BB, McD, Chad O'Shea or the player making the mistake.

This forum really bores me with the incessant blame shifting.

If the defense stinks it's McD's fault. If a WR stinks it's Brady's fault.  

This is going to reach Ted Williams-esque level of satire, where everything that goes wrong on a single team somehow comes down to one player. Brady is not responsbile for WRs ... they have coaches (who collect paychecks) that are, and the WRs themselves (who also collect paychecks) who are. He isn't responsible for the defense. 

He is just one player. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

Yes, and it's not acceptable from Edleman who has been in the system for years and should be focused and playing perfect football. 

Brady did bark at Dobson once, after the circle route. He also threw slammed his own helmet for missing a target. 

This whole theatrical display by fans here is over the top. 

Given how dreadfully high the amount of WR miscues are, even for rookies, it's been a pretty mild go that Brady has yelled once at someone and people are fuming.

End of the day, right? People are looking for a scapegoat because the team was not built correctly and the rookies are unprepared.

You don't stick that on another player .... you stick that on BB, McD, Chad O'Shea or the player making the mistake.

This forum really bores me with the incessant blame shifting.

If the defense stinks it's McD's fault. If a WR stinks it's Brady's fault.  

This is going to reach Ted Williams-esque level of satire, where everything that goes wrong on a single team somehow comes down to one player. Brady is not responsbile for WRs ... they have coaches (who collect paychecks) that are, and the WRs themselves (who also collect paychecks) who are. He isn't responsible for the defense. 

He is just one player. 

+1, Z, did you ever see TSW play?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I agree good post dreighver

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

Here? Theatrical fans?

Dude, turn  on 98.5. Fans are calling in about it. People are talking about this all over the place. It's been going in some variation for years!

I am not looking for a scapegoat at all. I want Brady to show me he doesn't think he is above the team.

Welker thought he was too, so BB walked.  He can't walk from Brady, but jesus, take off your BBW goggles for one second, Z.

Maybe if the media in this town called out Brady for his putrid AFC title games or playoffs overall since 2007, maybe he'd snap out of it?

He's as coddled as any Boston player ever. The Boston media attacked Ted Williams. The media coddles Brady.

You have NO IDEA what you are talking about whatsoever.

98.5 callers are the same ones around here who are wearing their rose colored glasses again today.  Get out of you plastic bubbles and dump that awful koolaid down the drain, it's old and nasty tasting these days.

TFB is as clearly frustrated as many here are and should be.

What is embarrassing is the talent given to a HOF QB to play with.  Montana, Elway, Young, Aikman, Marino, Favre, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, all were/have been given talent to play with.  Brady continues to be given chicken crap to make chicken salad with.  It is pathetic.  It is frustrating. 

Those WR's looked horrible again last night.  Send our most productive WR to a AFC rival and bring in a injure prone player, who is hurt and out again, to take his position then surround him with other WR's nobody else wanted.  The only elite player that was brought in for TFB was Randy Moss.  It is frustrating.  It is embarrassing.  I could probably count on 1 hand the # of teams who have a worse group of WR's then the Pats.  Actually, I might only need half a hand to do it.

Division games or not, the Pats should not be winning games against the these Bills and Jets by 3 points or less.  Don't they have rookie QB's who didn't play much or look very good during the preseason just  few weeks ago?  The Pats were a dropped 3rd down pass from Stevie Johnson and a dropped TD pass last night away from being 0-2. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Dude, turn  on 98.5.

When I posted something I heard on 98.5, you spent at least week telling everyone how much of a loser I was for listening to that channel.  There must have been 15 posts about it.  Posts like this:  "I just think it's funny you use a cell phone app to listen to sports radio in Florida like some dork."

Since then, you've been quoting them almost daily.

Why is that? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Speaking of Marino, TB did his best Marino impression last night!

HA!

TB is human and they did not play efficiently on offense and it was raining on top of that.  He's human... he got frustrated, the WR's got another game under their belts and now have 10 DAYS to get better before tampa comes to town.

All is good at 2 and 0.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

I wish TB would get up in BB and McD's face. That would be a popcorn moment.  He always plays with fire, and is as hard on himself as anyone else.  Game time is not the time for pats on the back and whispering sweet nothings- you'll get it next time. It's the freaking NFL. 

TB always has his teammates back. Why shouldn't he expect the same? That is leadership. Playing with emotion is icing on the cake.  Receivers knowing their routes is their job. Catch an hang on to the football, and maybe get some YAC. Yep, that's what he expects. 

HOF QB whose been nothing but money.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I thought this was going to be a thread explaining why you posted your farewell message and returned the following day.

Dreighver knows football and is respected here.  You, not so much.  How about you beat it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I guess all the people complaining about Brady's outburst would rather have him show zero emotion and not even act like he cares about winning.

To me, the fire that burns in Brady and caused his "body language problem" yesterday is the same fire that drove him to win 3 Super Bowls. Personally, I don't want him changing who he is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from headhuntersixsix. Show headhuntersixsix's posts

I think this might be my second post. I have monitored the board for years as I no longer live in NE, and some of you seem to get the latest rumors before it hit the nationa sports media. That said....

Yeah...so Tom is pissed. I suppose when things have run like clockwork since 2007ish, he has come to expect...as have we all, things to flow alot smoother then that. For the most part, Brady hit these guys in the hands all night. He threw some great passes...long balls that these guys, at this level, should have caught. I had to take a step back today. How lucky have we been. Its not 1991 with a hack coach and poor Scot Zolak as the QB. maybe this is a glimpse of life after Brady, or its life before Gronk comes back and these kids actually hang on to easily catchable balls. We're spoiled. I like being spoiled and hope to be spoiled for a few more years...and hey the damm defense played well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to jedinate's comment:

I guess all the people complaining about Brady's outburst would rather have him show zero emotion and not even act like he cares about winning.

To me, the fire that burns in Brady and caused his "body language problem" yesterday is the same fire that drove him to win 3 Super Bowls. Personally, I don't want him changing who he is.

Exactly!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from headhuntersixsix. Show headhuntersixsix's posts

3 rings....12-4 and 13-3 every year, games that matter every year in January or Cleveland. If you want to blame BB for noting drafting offensive weapons fine, but we had Moss...we have Gronk and had Hernandez. Those two plus the up-tempo offense have changed pro ball. The Pats and their crappy QB and horrible GM/coach changed the games as its played. It might have come from the college ranks but BB implemented it with his crappy QB so I guess thats something.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to jedinate's comment:

All the people complaining about this are the same ones who complained about J.D. Drew showing no emotion. They'll always find something to complain about.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Here? Theatrical fans?

Dude, turn  on 98.5. Fans are calling in about it. People are talking about this all over the place. It's been going in some variation for years!

I am not looking for a scapegoat at all. I want Brady to show me he doesn't think he is above the team.

Welker thought he was too, so BB walked.  He can't walk from Brady, but jesus, take off your BBW goggles for one second, Z.

Maybe if the media in this town called out Brady for his putrid AFC title games or playoffs overall since 2007, maybe he'd snap out of it?

He's as coddled as any Boston player ever. The Boston media attacked Ted Williams. The media coddles Brady.

You have NO IDEA what you are talking about whatsoever.

98.5 callers are the same ones around here who are wearing their rose colored glasses again today.  Get out of you plastic bubbles and dump that awful koolaid down the drain, it's old and nasty tasting these days.

TFB is as clearly frustrated as many here are and should be.

What is embarrassing is the talent given to a HOF QB to play with.  Montana, Elway, Young, Aikman, Marino, Favre, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, all were/have been given talent to play with.  Brady continues to be given chicken crap to make chicken salad with.  It is pathetic.  It is frustrating. 

Those WR's looked horrible again last night.  Send our most productive WR to a AFC rival and bring in a injure prone player, who is hurt and out again, to take his position then surround him with other WR's nobody else wanted.  The only elite player that was brought in for TFB was Randy Moss.  It is frustrating.  It is embarrassing.  I could probably count on 1 hand the # of teams who have a worse group of WR's then the Pats.  Actually, I might only need half a hand to do it.

Division games or not, the Pats should not be winning games against the these Bills and Jets by 3 points or less.  Don't they have rookie QB's who didn't play much or look very good during the preseason just  few weeks ago?  The Pats were a dropped 3rd down pass from Stevie Johnson and a dropped TD pass last night away from being 0-2. 

Amen brother! Its unprecedented to let go of that much of your offense and bring in all rookies wide outs  for the tail end of a hall of fame QB'S career while they are still a viable title contender. Not an opinion. Look it up. However its treated by a few as a minor necessary evil. And others still  think "developing" new receivers and completely retooling is a wiser move than say...adding a missing piece or tweaking a philosophy or two? on a postive the defense is better. Top 15 or so.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Its BB's fault if he had only cut Edelman and kept Tebow, Edelman would not be running bad routes and Timmy could be whispering bible versus in TB's ear to keep him calm.  He could have let TB know that everyone has a purpose and is beautiful know matter what they
    might be doing on the field.

Seriously, I love seeing Brady fired up!  Maybe Edelman, Dobson etc are spending some extra time in the play book today.  I hope Tom is throwing balls
    through a tire right now, working on his accuracy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Dreighver knows football and is respected here.  You, not so much.  How about you beat it?

We're both Irishmen from Boston.  We should be able to get along.  Unless, of course, your family is from the north.

Sections
Shortcuts