Something to note...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Something to note...

I was watching highlight tape of Logan Ryan, the CB we drafted from Rutgers. I liked what I saw, and he certainly appears to be a Patriot type of DB.

But something that stood out to me... the two other guys I noticed standing out, making hits, and flying around the ball, were Kasim Green (went to the Bears, I believe), and Harmon (that safety no one seems to like... already).

Who knows how Harmon will develop, but I really like what I see. The guy is listed at 6'0", 195 lb. But the guy has tree-trunks for legs and big arms... looks close to 6'0"/6'1", 215 lb. 

Adrian Wilson can groom this guy, teach him the ropes, and when Adrian hangs up the cleats in 3 seasons, Harmon can step in at starting SS, and Tavon Wilson can fill the 'big nickel' role, and take away your best TE.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Something to note...

In response to APpats21's comment:

I agree im definitely liking what i see. Either way BB knows more than we do otherwise wed all be employed by NFL teams. So far its been a good draft.

No, no, no - you've got it all wrong.   I can think of at least a 1/2 dozen posters on this forum who know more about drafting talent than BB ever could possibly learn.  The fact that BB makes a pretty fair salary paid by a pretty sharp businessman to draft that talent is completely irrelevant.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

I was watching highlight tape of Logan Ryan, the CB we drafted from Rutgers. I liked what I saw, and he certainly appears to be a Patriot type of DB.

But something that stood out to me... the two other guys I noticed standing out, making hits, and flying around the ball, were Kasim Green (went to the Bears, I believe), and Harmon (that safety no one seems to like... already).

Who knows how Harmon will develop, but I really like what I see. The guy is listed at 6'0", 195 lb. But the guy has tree-trunks for legs and big arms... looks close to 6'0"/6'1", 215 lb. 

Adrian Wilson can groom this guy, teach him the ropes, and when Adrian hangs up the cleats in 3 seasons, Harmon can step in at starting SS, and Tavon Wilson can fill the 'big nickel' role, and take away your best TE.

I loved the Ryan pick... prototype BB CB... very good COD, versatile, tough, smart, tackles wel, gets his hands on a ton of footballs (30 PBU, 7 INT's the past two season) and should excel in zone coverage.

Harmon was 6-0 196 at his Pro-Day, but the kid is lean/cut as most of it is muscle.  Def moves well, rangy kid and physical based on the tape that I've seen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Nice OP.

I am fine with the picks - average success rate at the #90+ pick is about 10% so if he doesn't turn out to be good it isn't like it has destroyed the team! And agree about A.Wilson grooming Harmon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I like all of the guys they drafted and especially the kids from Rutgers just because there are other guys whom they played with already on the team plus Steve Belichick a former teammate and Scarlett Knight coach! Unfortunately we have no picks again until the 7th round. What ever we take in the 7th will be projects or rejects ! Has anyone dropped that should have been taken?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

When you trade up to  the first round you essentially commit to the players for at least 2-3years. If they are middling...it kind of drags the team down.

If you get a player in the 3 round+ they can be special teams and role players until they develop and no one in the equation is dissapointed. Also costs less and they can even be inivisble a season or two on the practice squad. When you do get the diamond in the rough you know you paid much less than the going rate.

I have got a feeling some teams out there are going to have to cut a proven veteran or player in development to make room for their high draft picks. Don't see NE having that problem except maybe in the secondary, but in that case it will be a late round player bumped by a late round player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

I loved the Ryan pick... prototype BB CB... very good COD, versatile, tough, smart, tackles wel, gets his hands on a ton of footballs (30 PBU, 7 INT's the past two season) and should excel in zone coverage.

Harmon was 6-0 196 at his Pro-Day, but the kid is lean/cut as most of it is muscle.  Def moves well, rangy kid and physical based on the tape that I've seen.

Mbeaulieu07 great predraft work! Liked reading your posts alot. Very informative. My only disagreement is your thought about Ryan as "a proptotype BB CB" CB's lately have not been a strength of BB. He might be what Belichick likes to draft but is that really a good thing??? He drafted McCourtey as a #1 cornerback and he's been so inconsistent at corner that he had to be ultimately switched to safety in favor of a rookie cornerback last year. I'm pretty sure Belichick didn't draft McCourtey in the 1st round with intentions to be switched to a safety. Not to mention the many other draft busts in the past 10 years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

just wanna see as much competition in camp on defense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to rickrand3's comment:

Mbeaulieu07 great predraft work! Liked reading your posts alot. Very informative. My only disagreement is your thought about Ryan as "a proptotype BB CB" CB's lately have not been a strength of BB. He might be what Belichick likes to draft but is that really a good thing??? He drafted McCourtey as a #1 cornerback and he's been so inconsistent at corner that he had to be ultimately switched to safety in favor of a rookie cornerback last year. I'm pretty sure Belichick didn't draft McCourtey in the 1st round with intentions to be switched to a safety. Not to mention the many other draft busts in the past 10 years.

Happy to contribute... though I'm gonna be a bit depressed next wee without consistet draft talk, haha.

It's a fair question, though my point is, he has the skill set to be successful in BB's predominantly zone scheme... whether or not he takes advantage of the opporunity is up to him.  I won't lump him in with other failures until he fails. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Happy to contribute... though I'm gonna be a bit depressed next wee without consistet draft talk, haha.

---

back to politics and consipracy I guess next week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

---

Ha, yeah I won't/don't participate in that stuff.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

We still have the 7th round and the undrafted free agents to discuss.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

---

since urs is the only draft opinion i listen to around here with both ears-and of course you are a fellow irish fan-i value your opinions

how did my giants do?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

---

since urs is the only draft opinion i listen to around here with both ears-and of course you are a fellow irish fan-i value your opinions

how did my giants do?

Hey man, I thought the Gints brought in some good players, the main negative being, they didn't address ILB... as for the players they got... Pugh isn't a "sexy" pick, but kid can play football and will really help the interior of your OL... Hankins is a big space eater that will occupy blockers and free up the edge guys... Moore is a prototype Gints pick, edge rusher with upside and length that was picked up at relative value in Rd 3... Nassib is a very good Rd 4 pick considering some had him as the #1 QB in the draft... Cooper Taylor is a HUGE safety (6-5 228) that moves well and profiles as a hybrid S/LB that will help combat today's bith athletic TE's and Eric Herman is a big, tough OG.

Sections
Shortcuts