Sometimes we forget this...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Sometimes we forget this...

Neither of us know what % of offensive plays BB may change during a game but I'm 100% sure if something isn't working in the 1st half he is masterminding the 1/2 time adjustments.

This is where my original post ties in.  If the run isn't working early he is making, or is approving,  the adjustments at 1/2 time to a more pass oriented 2nd half.  That's all.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Establish the run,control the clock, play act, keep D rested. Simple!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

In response to MoreRings' comment:

Establish the run,control the clock, play act, keep D rested. Simple!

Well, our dynasty era D certainly had that afforded to them and it helped them when they needed to gear up to make a key stop late in games.  Our D now ends up making a bunch of stops EARLIER in games and then is asked to do it a ton later in games when we can't ice it through the air, due to drops, INTs, 3 and outs, etc.

As Brady gets older, the Pats need to grind it more and suprise teams with bigger plays than the usual dink and dunk. Run the ball, keep Brady on his feet and the D rested. If not only to stop the knock downs and D players rolling up on his ankles/feet.

Think Broncos Elway/Davis

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I don't know j, seems for a few years now when we absolutely need a 2 or 3 yard run early in a game it gets stuffed which leads to BB abandoning the run late in the game (even though Rusty will tell everyone Brady is calling the plays).  Maybe our O-line has been better suited for pass blocking and maybe a re-tweaking there would be necessary to become a more run oriented Offence.

BB doesn't call the plays. The OC does.  Last time with that one, TCal. Learn the game or don't make comments that aren't true.

Anyway, nice to see you type more than 5 words in a retort.  I knew you could do it.

BB is running the show.  If you somehow think he is detaching himself from any aspect of what's happening on either side of the ball then your truly naive or just simply being argumentative.

You think tells McDaniels what to call play by play?!

LOL!

You're calling me naive? I've said this 100 times. BB can interject any time, call a timeout, over rule something, etc, but if you think he's interjecting and overruling at high rates during the game, you're wrong.

He's not a micromanaging kind of coach, especially on offense.

kid, you don't know what you're talking about so stop acting like a tough guy. BB is putting his say into what plays get called and when, before the game even starts. it was this way in 2011, and i don't have any evidence proving things have changed today.

Bill Belichick breaks down the Patriots' process for calling plays: 'I have the final say'   Nick Underhill, MassLive.comBy  Nick Underhill, MassLive.com 
    on November 16, 2011 at 12:03 PM, updated November 16, 2011 at 12:12 PM Email  |  Print     Email     Bill BelichickAPBill Belichick

Patriots coach Bill Belichick spent some time breaking down his team's process for calling plays Wednesday, and it comes as little surprise that nothing happens on his field without his approval.

Belichick said that each week he sits down offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien, linebackers coach and defensive play-caller Mike Patricia and special teams coordinator Scott O'Brien and plans out how they want to start each game and what they will do in certain situations. As the game wears on, that plan will be altered depending on what is working and what isn't.

"Believe it or not, I know that's not how everybody thinks it is, but we actually talk about, 'This is how we want to start the game and these are kind of the calls we'd make in this situation -- second-and-long, third-and-short, third-and-medium, red area, goal line,'" Belichick said. "After the game starts to unfold, then you kind of say, 'OK we want to stay with the way we mapped this out or they're doing this and these don't look as good, these look better.' Maybe we have to make an adjustment and say, 'Well, we can run these plays, if this happens we have to do something else.'"

While the coaches have the freedom to call whatever they want throughout the course of a game, it has to go through Belichick before the play is run.

"The way it's structured here, I'll take responsibility for all the plays that are called," Belichick said. "I have the final say on it. If I don't want to run the play, I can call it off. That's my right as a head coach. Any of the bad ones, you can blame me for because ultimately I could change them if I want to."

Belichick also explained that Bill O'Brien's role hasn't changed since he was elevated to offensive coordinator over the offseason and that he still calls plays the same way he did when he was just a quarterbacks coach. The title, Belichick says, means more externally than it does within the walls of Gillette Stadium.

That supports my description.   BB can overrule at any time and the buck stops with him, as it will with any coach, but he doesn't call the plays.  O'Brien did. McDaniels does. Weis did.

And yes, Brady can audible or change a play because BB has given him that leeway, obviously so, just like Gomer has had it in Indy and now Denver.

In essence, all it means is BB doesn't want to be an OC as well as a head coach, so he has some else take on the responsibility, as he always has. It's preposterous to think that BB should be interjecting and micromanaging every time Brady makes a bad throw or audibles into a shotgun, as he sees fit.   It's too late.  The in game, in series or in drive responsibilties are between McDaniels and Brady.

I agree BB needs partial responsibilty and I disagree with how they attack the physical Ds, who can rush and cover our targets in man. I would say this to BB's face. I really don't care.  I've done the homework and have seen what works and what doesn't.

At some point, catering to Brady's shotgun preference has to stop and this is why I think BB is making some of the moves he's made in this offseason, by ditching Welker/making the offense less Welker-centric.

I would be stunned to walk into another postseason against a Balitmore or a team that matches up well with our shotgun spread with their personnel and Brady is back in a shotgun for 90% of the passes for over 40 passes with lead. Stunned. It would be to the point that Belichick might need to be on the hot seat it would be so mindnumbingly stupid to think it's going to somehow change.

Every single SB winning team that has ever won any SB has leaned plenty of a run game in order to win that SB.

We've heard every excuse in the book why Brady has failed with how he supposedly doesn't need one, but he does.

If you don't get it established in some way in that first half vs teams that match up well, you will lose or you will struggle in the second half and need a knockout defensive performance with multiple turnovers, a STs TD or just pure luck with the other doing something dumb.

It doesn't support a single freaken thing you said.  You are one delusional freak.

BB 2011.  " I don't see Cory Dillion out there" Do you?

BB 2001-2013.   "TB scared me so I give him his way"

Time for your meds?  Get a life!  Aren't you sick of repeating the same crap over and over for years now?  No one cares!  No one is swayed by your BS!

The Bruins are on, go over to that board to get owned.

Maybe you can convince them that the Bruins play a west coast offense.  LMAO@U

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Watching the SI cd's of each of the Patriot's Super Bowl wins this week I was reminded how much the running game mattered, really mattered in those 3 SB seasons. Antowain Smith for the season and into the playoffs was a tough runner, and tough inside the 20. The first SB ring he had a strong hand in. And the second ring he was OK during the regular season but played very strong thru the playoffs. And Corey Dillion, was HUGE for us with 1600+ yards and without a doubt was largely responsible for ring number 3.  Watching his highlights it's easy to say he was the Man...period.

Watching these cds I was thinking how nice it would be to be able to run the ball like that again......

LOL

"We"? I have been banned from here pretty much pining and begging for it for years. We've had excuse after excuse as to why we are scared to commit to it, but we used to commit to it before when Weis was here.

I haven't forgotten it. I know it's why we lost the last 2 SBs, and it wasn't because of the name on the jersey on the back at the RB position either.  If our O Line isn't asked or told what the gameplan will be, with regards to a commitment to it, where every week it's shotgun spread based gameplans, it's a lot to ask for an O Line to just flip a switch against better defenses, especially when we sub the RB.

We never subbed for Anotwain Smith or Dillon unless we weren't running it well and thought a shotgun spread or pass first kind of offense with Faulk would be a better move during a game.

"I prefer the shotgun." - T. Brady

And, before anyone attacks me, RKrap, just yesterday confirmed this fact with his "colleague" saying that it's true.

I don't know WHO, RKrap is talking about, but it's clearly somene who has some inside knowledge into organization. Might be Bruschi since Bruschi works at ESPN as well.

All that said, it's hard to ignore a 1500 yard rusher like Ridley, but the flaw in last year's playoff loss was subbing Woodhead or Vereen in so early in the game before the run really was established.   

In any game vs a known good or great D, I would not sub the lead back until a run game was established. I don't care if it takes into the early 3rd qtr to do it, just get it done.  Target all weaponry in the passing game when you pass, and establish a run.

It's hard to tell who will field a good or great D early in a season, so really by October, you should be able to tell which games on your schedule you'll need that running game to help you in second halves.

You've been banned for being a Richard, not for wishing we utilized the run game.

In what way is that? From Gunty's point of view?  Ask AcheNot what I did wrong for my most recent banning. Me defending myself from ZBellino's trollish response and posting evidence that we do in fact use some West Coast plays which Brady thrives in, is worthy of a banning?

That makes me a Richard, huh? Some might see that as me defending my premise and doing so with success, where a troll like Gunty doesn't want me to be seen that way, so he runs and reports me, where I've done nothing wrong.

You're enabling a troll. How does that feel?

no no I report you for being a Richard

You don't belong here and shouldn't be reporting anyone unless your a self proclaimed board cop. Oh years that's right.   Wooooooooo. Wooooooooooo   Say hello to officer jints sharpton.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

The Patriots led the NFL with 25 rushing touchdowns in 2012.  They were second in rushing attempts with 523 (behind Seattle's 536).  They were seventh in rushing  yards per game with  136.5 (Washington led with 169.3).  How much more evidence of a commitment to running the football is needed? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:

The Patriots led the NFL with 25 rushing touchdowns in 2012.  They were second in rushing attempts with 523 (behind Seattle's 536).  They were seventh in rushing  yards per game with  136.5 (Washington led with 169.3).  How much more evidence of a commitment to running the football is needed? 

I was fairly happy at times last year with the running game. I wish they used it more consistently and spread out through the game instead of in bunches at times and I hope they trust it more in critical situations, like in the playoffs. Also I hope the rumors Ridley added some bulk are true because I think they still need to work on short yard and grind time running but I loved the direction they were heading compared to previous years.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I don't know j, seems for a few years now when we absolutely need a 2 or 3 yard run early in a game it gets stuffed which leads to BB abandoning the run late in the game (even though Rusty will tell everyone Brady is calling the plays).  Maybe our O-line has been better suited for pass blocking and maybe a re-tweaking there would be necessary to become a more run oriented Offence.

BB doesn't call the plays. The OC does.  Last time with that one, TCal. Learn the game or don't make comments that aren't true.

Anyway, nice to see you type more than 5 words in a retort.  I knew you could do it.

BB is running the show.  If you somehow think he is detaching himself from any aspect of what's happening on either side of the ball then your truly naive or just simply being argumentative.

You think tells McDaniels what to call play by play?!

LOL!

You're calling me naive? I've said this 100 times. BB can interject any time, call a timeout, over rule something, etc, but if you think he's interjecting and overruling at high rates during the game, you're wrong.

He's not a micromanaging kind of coach, especially on offense.

You think if McDaniels (or Brady) were miscalling the plays game after game Belichick would just stand by helplessly and cry?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Watching the SI cd's of each of the Patriot's Super Bowl wins this week I was reminded how much the running game mattered, really mattered in those 3 SB seasons. Antowain Smith for the season and into the playoffs was a tough runner, and tough inside the 20. The first SB ring he had a strong hand in. And the second ring he was OK during the regular season but played very strong thru the playoffs. And Corey Dillion, was HUGE for us with 1600+ yards and without a doubt was largely responsible for ring number 3.  Watching his highlights it's easy to say he was the Man...period.

Watching these cds I was thinking how nice it would be to be able to run the ball like that again......

LOL

"We"? I have been banned from here pretty much pining and begging for it for years. We've had excuse after excuse as to why we are scared to commit to it, but we used to commit to it before when Weis was here.

I haven't forgotten it. I know it's why we lost the last 2 SBs, and it wasn't because of the name on the jersey on the back at the RB position either.  If our O Line isn't asked or told what the gameplan will be, with regards to a commitment to it, where every week it's shotgun spread based gameplans, it's a lot to ask for an O Line to just flip a switch against better defenses, especially when we sub the RB.

We never subbed for Anotwain Smith or Dillon unless we weren't running it well and thought a shotgun spread or pass first kind of offense with Faulk would be a better move during a game.

"I prefer the shotgun." - T. Brady

And, before anyone attacks me, RKrap, just yesterday confirmed this fact with his "colleague" saying that it's true.

I don't know WHO, RKrap is talking about, but it's clearly somene who has some inside knowledge into organization. Might be Bruschi since Bruschi works at ESPN as well.

All that said, it's hard to ignore a 1500 yard rusher like Ridley, but the flaw in last year's playoff loss was subbing Woodhead or Vereen in so early in the game before the run really was established.   

In any game vs a known good or great D, I would not sub the lead back until a run game was established. I don't care if it takes into the early 3rd qtr to do it, just get it done.  Target all weaponry in the passing game when you pass, and establish a run.

It's hard to tell who will field a good or great D early in a season, so really by October, you should be able to tell which games on your schedule you'll need that running game to help you in second halves.

Dude, in 2003, Kevin Faulk had 178 carries compared with Smith's 182.  They basically split carries.  We subbed backs all the time. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to jfaust1954's comment:

I think it's worth pointing out that when you run a two TE offense like the Pats do, putting two backs in the backfield as shown above leaves you with only one wideout, which is why you rarely see two back sets in two TE offenses. 

17. This post has been removed.