So...no one wants Wes, huh?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: So...no one wants Wes, huh?

In response to nomadfan's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Do you know that the Patriots play a manageable offensive football scheme?  That means they play for a manageable 3rd down and short.

McDaniels and BB are cooking up a new genius offensive scheme that will not field a WR after they failed to resign Welker and cut Llyod.

exaclly 6 more tes and we can be the first team to field an all te offense...

ah hell why not an all te defense too!....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Welker has three pieces of baggage. 

First, his patented inside-outside route only works when he lines up as the inside slot receiver in three receiver sets.  If your offensive coordinator isn't committed to the three receiver set, you don't want him. 

Second, he needs an accurate and smart dink-and-dunk passer like, say, for example, Tom Brady.  If your bozo quarterback is going to lead Welker right into the helmet of a 250 pound linebacker then Wes isn't going to last more than four games.

Third, Wes takes dives all the time.  I think he's smart about it and the coaching staff here understands, but some coaches won't put up with sissy rules for Wes and football rules for everybody else on the team. 

That said, the Patriots just set the NFL all-time record for first downs in a season.  Around here the offense carries the defense on its back.  Wes has been averaging 120 catches a season over the past two seasons.

and it s a recipe to be stoped when faacing a god defense in th offseason. bb wants to be a   perrenial playoff team or win sb's?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

49Patriots

So then you just keep fantazizing about some buxom hot blondes, thinking your life will change and improve after you hook up with that bimbo.

No, you dump her and find someone who you can start a family with (Get SB rings). 

Maybe then you have to do your looking not just in the unemployment office.

Are you considering FA the unemployment office? Cause I was think we go to a bar(draft) and we land some girls fresh out of college with something to prove. 

Tall, strong, fast ones. NOT TAVON AUSTIN!

Classic tough guy jock. While you're bashing Austin and Welker, why don't you go pump some iron, play some lacrosse, and pick up some sorority girls.

I'm not bashing either, I just hate watching teams man us up and our tiny WRs can't shake press coverage. 

some people can see it in the playoffs for several seasons ansd still not see what is going on on the field.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

I agree that Wes isn't worth more than the PATS have already offered him, but I think he has a few good years left. I think it will be hard on Brady if he's gone, they do have chemistry. Brady hasn't found anyone as far as a deep threat since Moss left, so keeping Wes will hopefully allow Brady to work on connecting with hopefully a new receiver, Lloyd has to go..Who we get is anyone's guess, but lets not try to rebuild the whole house when all we need is a new roof and some repairs. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Brady has not found a deep threat since that leg injury because he just cannot get the ball down the field anymore on a consistant basis.  The Pats must win with the short game and a good running game . . . I do not think they will even go after a fast wideout who will only be a decoy (how many times in the past 2 years has Tom hit a receiver on the run who was more than 30 yards down the field) . . . look they have 4 tight ends, a great receiver out of the backfield (Vereen) and are going after Cribbs, and they really want Wes for the slot . . . that will be their passing game.  If Wes leaves they will draft a slot guy (Austin, Still or Swopes) or get one in FA (Amendola), they are not going to move away from the game plan that they have been winning with. Maybe Lloyd or Stallworth as the wide guy (depending on who much of a problem Brandon is in the locker room - they could always get Brandon TATE back). Control the ball with the quick fast game and keep the defense off the field  . . . the game plan of BB for 2013 and beyond.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Denver is gonna pay him, but not that much. I mean Stokely is like 42 and still effective somewhat its just that most teams realize the slot WR position isnt one you pay a ton of money too. Look back and find me ONE guy who was strictly a slot WR and broke the bank. I cant think of any and thats why the Pats would be dumb to do it. They have already prepared for life without Wes by signing Hernandez, drafting Vareen,etc. They just franchised Wes last year because Vareen wasnt up to speed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

tenace4life

In the next couple of years, as Brady gets further north of 36 years old, his game will no longer be ( and should not be)  deep balls that do not connect, but intelligent read. pin point short throws dissecting the defense (YAC will be a bonus) , a good running game and ball control. Welker fits that scheme, and if he walks, the Pats need to get someone who can fullfill that role.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

tenace4life

In the next couple of years, as Brady gets further north of 36 years old, his game will no longer be ( and should not be)  deep balls that do not connect, but intelligent read. pin point short throws dissecting the defense (YAC will be a bonus) , a good running game and ball control. Welker fits that scheme, and if he walks, the Pats need to get someone who can fullfill that role.

You dont think Hernandez and Vareen can excel in the short passing game? I agree about the way our offense may need to be run but also disagree that brady cant connect anymore and how would we know?? Moss left 3 years ago and hasnt been a burner for a while anyway and we havent had any viable deep threat for him to throw to so if anyone he hasnt had much practice at it lately. I Do get what you are saying because I actually started saying Brady wasnt a  great deep ball thrower in 09' when the magic started to go and he and moss kept missing but Im not sure if that more to do with lack of effort on Moss' part. I guess I dont ever think he was that great at it but its never been necessary to winning before. The real problem is not what would we do without Wes,. its how do you call yourself an NFL team and you dont have ONE legit outside WR that can do his thing. Thats the bigger issue. Wes does work in reg. season but that gimmick is shut down in postseason,. You need a Big boy to step up when the going gets tough, thats my opinion

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

tenace4life

You dont think Hernandez and Vareen can excel in the short passing game? I agree about the way our offense may need to be run but also disagree that brady cant connect anymore and how would we know?? Moss left 3 years ago and hasnt been a burner for a while anyway and we havent had any viable deep threat for him to throw to so if anyone he hasnt had much practice at it lately. I Do get what you are saying because I actually started saying Brady wasnt a  great deep ball thrower in 09' when the magic started to go and he and moss kept missing but Im not sure if that more to do with lack of effort on Moss' part. I guess I dont ever think he was that great at it but its never been necessary to winning before. The real problem is not what would we do without Wes,. its how do you call yourself an NFL team and you dont have ONE legit outside WR that can do his thing. Thats the bigger issue. Wes does work in reg. season but that gimmick is shut down in postseason,. You need a Big boy to step up when the going gets tough, thats my opinion

wes hasnt been shutdown in the playoffs, he had 9 catches for over 100 yards vs baltimore and did well vs houston too i believe....but i agree the offense the pats have now just isnt built for january/february. whether it be a lack of a vertical threat or not...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

He's a slap hitter, the big money goes to the home run hitters. Chicks (and NFL GMs) dig the long ball.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

tenace4life

wes hasnt been shutdown in the playoffs, he had 9 catches for over 100 yards vs baltimore and did well vs houston too i believe....but i agree the offense the pats have now just isnt built for january/february. whether it be a lack of a vertical threat or not...

sorry, I guess I used the wrong word. Meaningless maybe better. I recall in the 1st SB, Wes had 10 catches, but I cant remember any of them because they werent impactful. He may have had 5 catches in one drive for 1st downs but the drive still stalled because he doesnt produce BIG plays. He is just a 1st down maker and Defenses know this and look him up at the sticks and light him up and he wears down. That Bmore game? He played the whole game but he was DONE after that Pollard HIt. Bolden would shake it off and keep playing. That was my point but we are on the same page today as we agree about Cribbs! Must be a full moon ...lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

Denver's got real WRs in Decker/Thomas, that's why Stokley doesn't have as many catches/yards. 

Decker = 6'3 218

Thomas = 6'4 229

How'd that work out for them getting to the superbowl?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to laurienyc13's comment:

I agree that Wes isn't worth more than the PATS have already offered him

How do you know what they offered him?  Am I missing something here?  Has it been reported what the Patriots have offered Welker?  If not, then how can you even say this?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to laurienyc13's comment:

I agree that Wes isn't worth more than the PATS have already offered him

How do you know what they offered him?  Am I missing something here?  Has it been reported what the Patriots have offered Welker?  If not, then how can you even say this?

They offered him a helluva deal last offseason with 10+ mil guaranteed, and something like 8 mil per year for 2 or 3 seasons. That's more than a player of his circumstance deserves.

Sections
Shortcuts