Sooo...about Chung

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: Sooo...about Chung

Chung is a good in the box safety and that about it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Yeah, I don't think Chung is living up to the expectations that the Patriots thought.  I will find it very suprising if they extend his contract after this season....Plus, he can't stay on the field for a full season.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Chung has been injury prone for most of his career.  He has always been limited in coverage but early on he looked like he would be a force against the run and at times he was.  The NFL is a tough league where a lot of guys who were college stars have a marginal career.  I'd lump Chung in with that group, and I'd give him an incomplete draft grade due to injuries, but for the 1st pick in the 2nd round I expected more.  He always plays hard when healthy, but as someone pointed out, the question at this point is can he be more consistent than Gregory?  I am not so sure, but it's nice to have some depth.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to msteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wilson is a rookie.  See how the second year leap goes.  Gregory is not the answer.  Chung is a good fill in but not a starter.  McCourdy is good and seems to fit the role.  With Dennard, Talib and McCourdy out on the field, the defense is solid.  For this season, Chung and Gregory are the 4th part of the puzzle.  Who ever has the hot hand should play.  Next year I think Wilson will be starting.  EBert should improve as well and take some of Chungs snaps next year.

[/QUOTE]

" EBert should improve as well and take some of Chungs snaps next year."

you mean ebner

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

This defensive backfield BB employees makes it very hard to evaluate players. I can't tell if these are guys are doing what their told or if they just aren't that good sometimes.

Chung is much better against the run and Gregory is better against the pass. They both get hurt but it seems Chung a little more as I think he brings more to his hItting than Gregory.

Ill say this.......without Talib in there they're both extremely vulnerable. Two picks last week isn't changing my opinion of him being an average safety.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Chung reminds me of Merriweather in some ways and that is not a good thing...not at all! I will still give him the chance to redeem himself but the dumb penalties and stupid angles have got to stop! He did show promise at first so maybe he can regain his confidence.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Sam-Adams's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This defensive backfield BB employees makes it very hard to evaluate players. I can't tell if these are guys are doing what their told or if they just aren't that good sometimes.

Chung is much better against the run and Gregory is better against the pass. They both get hurt but it seems Chung a little more as I think he brings more to his hItting than Gregory.

Ill say this.......without Talib in there they're both extremely vulnerable. Two picks last week isn't changing my opinion of him being an average safety.

[/QUOTE]

I think this is part of it. I would go with maybe them not taking coaching. Brady rarely throws people under the bus but he has been throwing subtle jabs around talking about mental toughness and this team lacking it going back to 09' and when u lead the league in offense since what, 07', its hard to imagine him not talking about the D. I think some times they try to do others jobs which gets everyone out of position. this takes trust and that takes time to build. Also, they are not always mentally tough enough to put bad plays behind them and they let them snowball instead of Re-focusing again and righting the ship. I can def. see this in most games so that would be my take.

Sections
Shortcuts