sorry, but 1 more post on the topic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

sorry, but 1 more post on the topic

I didn't want it to get lost in the fray, but there will be the other shoe dropping in the Incognito fiasco. I posted on Saturday morning here on BDC that the other guilty party in this mess is Pouncey...he too will be disciplined

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: sorry, but 1 more post on the topic

My GF suspects that Incognito is gay. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

NOt sure if this has been discussed already...   I just find the topic kind of tiresome.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

it should not be tiresome. Bullying is an epidemic, mostly in the lives of our youth, but never seems to get any attention unless there is a suicide attached. Hopefully this NFL case will be in the forefront to make the public aware that this is an epedemic, and needs to get as much attention as possible. If the court systems do not see it as that, hopefully Goodell takes the lead and doles out a very harsh punishment/message. Hopefully his punishment also does not spare the Phins for allowing this to take place under their noses.    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Not saying that it shouldn't be addressed.  I just don't think all of Sports Media should be glomming all over it like its such a big deal.  Its words...  bad words...  but words.  Move on.  INcognito is a tool,  probably a gay tool,  which can be the worst. 

OK got it.  Next.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not saying that it shouldn't be addressed.  I just don't think all of Sports Media should be glomming all over it like its such a big deal.  Its words...  bad words...  but words.  Move on.  INcognito is a tool,  probably a gay tool,  which can be the worst. 

OK got it.  Next.

[/QUOTE]

Sometimes words are just that.  Other times, they are an expression of pure hatred.  The worse the word, the deeper the hate.

As for the rest of it, it's just unnecessary.  The guy is a professional sports player.  Just because others have been professional sports players longer, they have no reason to treat him poorly.  It's not a frat.  It's the guy's job.

And F Incognito.  What a mongrel.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't advocate violence, but in this case, after repeated bullying, Martin should have just taken Ignognito out behind the woodshed. This is the only way bullies like little richie learn not to pick on people. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

it should not be tiresome. Bullying is an epidemic, mostly in the lives of our youth, but never seems to get any attention unless there is a suicide attached. Hopefully this NFL case will be in the forefront to make the public aware that this is an epedemic, and needs to get as much attention as possible. If the court systems do not see it as that, hopefully Goodell takes the lead and doles out a very harsh punishment/message. Hopefully his punishment also does not spare the Phins for allowing this to take place under their noses.    

[/QUOTE]

Should the Pats be spared over AH?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't advocate violence, but in this case, after repeated bullying, Martin should have just taken Ignognito out behind the woodshed. This is the only way bullies like little richie learn not to pick on people. 

[/QUOTE]

the problem is these days is that either one or both usually have a gun with them behind the woodshed

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

the problem is these days is that either one or both usually have a gun with them behind the woodshed

Understood. At some point bullies need to be dealt with. I don't know how others on the fins stood by after seeing this repeated action. Maybe 3 or 4 linemen should have grabbed little richie in the shower and pile drived him into the tile. Teams got to police themselves and send a message that team comes first and this is how we deal with bullies. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]\

Exactly.  Old school men who chose to settle matters with their fists, actually settled it with their fists.  'Men' who have to settle these matters with a firearm are another matter altogether.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Like I said above. It speaks more about the fins team than anything else. If Martin had a beef, he simply walks up to the elder OL or player statesman and tells him what's up. That elder statesman confronts incognito with a few other players and tells him to back off. If he doesn't, they take him out back for a summary beating. What's not to like about this? This is how we dealt with things when I was in the military. Long before the politicians started making it all more pc. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

As I read this, "another" discussion on this Incognito subject, it made me think, (yes, your smoke alarms are going off due to my brain burning):

This may happen in all locker rooms, maybe not to the extent we are hearing here, but, may be with a wink and a nod type of thing.  All in good fun in the eyes of the slinger and those teammates within earshot who may have heard similar stuff said to others.  But, the difference here is the targeted player is a real sensitive person who does not see the humor and took it too seriously as being a personal attack. Did it cross the line? Yes, it appears it did.  It is exploding all over the airwaves, print media and wouldn't surprise me this may push the Red Sox' World Series win off the front cover of SI.  It is sad.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Pouncey, the guy who got his chain snatched and had Hernadez pop him after the club? Yea we know he is guilty. I just dont get why all the hate for a fellow lineman. I could almost understand the voicemail without the N word if he was a D lineman getting ready to go at him in camp but they are fellow O lineman?! Weird I tell ya!

Im glad they put some light to this. Its a job, not some frat house. INcognito has been a dirty player for years. Surprised it took this long

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bullying is the buzzword of the moment and it can be defined in any possible way from not giving enough praise to physical abuse.  We certainly don't need the well meaning totalitarians working themselves into a frenzy trying to criminally punish speech.  What Incognito did was criminal because he made threats and should be dealt with accordingly but I certainly don't want to live in a world where anyone dictates how" nice" two adults should talk to one another.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Where's all this gay stuff coming from>?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think he/his gf are just seeing a guy trying too hard to be a tough guy, masking his potential gaydom. Quite possible.

It's kind of like the forced, over-compensating bible thumper guy who is gay and is the bible thumper in fear of just being him/herself and being gay. Kinda sad, actually.  So, he thumps the bible, but is angry, not being his/herself.

Think Tea Party types, too.  They're running from something.

In the south, there are teenagers and adults who commit suicide due to the Baptist environment of unacceptance.

Same thing here.  Football is a manly, tough environment and then over-compensation of Incognito to be that bully may be the mask of his gaydom.

It's Frank Fitts. Go watch American Beauty from 1999. Great movie, but it portrays that well.

[/QUOTE]

Well said and I love the example... great movie indeed. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think he/his gf are just seeing a guy trying too hard to be a tough guy, masking his potential gaydom. Quite possible.

It's kind of like the forced, over-compensating bible thumper guy who is gay and is the bible thumper in fear of just being him/herself and being gay. Kinda sad, actually.  So, he thumps the bible, but is angry, not being his/herself.

In the south, there are teenagers and adults who commit suicide due to the Baptist environment of unacceptance.

Same thing here.  Football is a manly, tough environment and then over-compensation of Incognito to be that bully may be the mask of his gaydom.

It's Frank Fitts. Go watch American Beauty from 1999. Great movie, but it portrays that well.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that movie portrayed what the suspicion is about.   People who are forced to suppress their identity can act out in weird ways.  Very disturbing.  WEll that was a good example but I absolutely hated that ending to a great movie.   It was too convenient and I of course related to the Kevin Spacey character...  and they kill him off.  Bad ending.  Could have written 10 endings better than that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

I didn't want it to get lost in the fray, but there will be the other shoe dropping in the Incognito fiasco. I posted on Saturday morning here on BDC that the other guilty party in this mess is Pouncey...he too will be disciplined

[/QUOTE]

what did Pouncy actually do? Isn't he just a material witness in the AH case? Or am I thinking of something different?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Life is not like the movies.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

so true. So absolutely true. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Life is not like the movies.

[/QUOTE]

Movies are made about life.

[/QUOTE]

Then why didn't the Avengers defend Martin.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that movie portrayed what the suspicion is about.   People who are forced to suppress their identity can act out in weird ways.  Very disturbing.  WEll that was a good example but I absolutely hated that ending to a great movie.   It was too convenient and I of course related to the Kevin Spacey character...  and they kill him off.  Bad ending.  Could have written 10 endings better than that.

[/QUOTE]

Better ending take 1...

Spacey walks into kitchen, sees Fitts with gun .

Spacey: (shocked)   " Hey man.  What are you doing?"

Fitts:   "I can't live like this anymore...  (starting to cry)"

Spacey:    (urgently)    " Forget it . It was nothing....  "

Fitts:         (anguished)   "It's just so hard to live a lie"

Spacey:   " I know.   (tell me about it).    I've got my own issues. We all do."

Fitts:   (  Raising gun to head)   I'ts over .  Its unbearable."

Spacey: "    NO. ..."   (runs over grabs the gun , struggle , gun goes off Spacey wounded with bullett grazing his forehead and fitts lay in pool of blood... shot in the face....

Daughter and boyfriend walk in.  curious look, etc.   camera lingers on the blood etc.

Spacey:   this has been one f'n unreal day...  that you wouldn't f'n believe.

Daughter:  Yeah.  (tell me about it).

Boyfiend:   "Uh ...  my dad...   (face in hands , crying  , falling to knees almost whispering... He didn't mean to do it...   He couldn't help it..."   

Camera pans back with Spacey holding daughter and boyfriend kneeling in fathers blood breaking down in the realization of the pain endured his entire life at the hands of his father now finally over.

THE END

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]\

Exactly.  Old school men who chose to settle matters with their fists, actually settled it with their fists.  'Men' who have to settle these matters with a firearm are another matter altogether.  

[/QUOTE]

Further - everyone assumes that since we are talking about a 300 pound beast that he should simply kick the other guy's a--, but the other guy is also a 300 pound beast who's known to have a mean streak and is considered dirty in the game. 

Sections
Shortcuts