Sorry, I just have to take a moment here....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Sorry, I just have to take a moment here....

tanbass and NCPatsFan....

IMHO, the key to being a good poster here is to pick your spots and not get goaded into a "typing" match. On occasion, sometimes, you do get caught up in it as you want to get the other poster to "get it"!  I feel I provide some level headedness to this forum without extreme swings like we see in some folks.

If there is one element of posting here that has always gotten my goat, is whenever a poster says the Pats are cheaters all the result of the Spygate mess.  No one has EVER explained how the Pats cheated and gained an advantage, yet, they will hold that over our heads for ever.  But, all I do is smile everyday the Pats continue to win while their team continues to flounder year after year!!

GO PATS, right??!! 

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

No, no question, I was just curious if I was one you had on ignore, lol!!  Looks like I'm safe for the moment.

Nope, I have zero problems with your posts. The photoshops are priceless!! Most of the people I ignore are the idiots from other teams that only come here to stir the pot, and get attention they never did from their mom. Of course there are a select few that always seem to be acting like a knowitall-douche-bags, which just get tiring after a while. Who has time for the childish BS? Ignore makes it so much more enjoyable here. One click, and poof....the a$$hat is gone!! LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

IMHO, the key to being a good poster here is to pick your spots and not get goaded into a "typing" match. On occasion, sometimes, you do get caught up in it as you want to get the other poster to "get it"!  I feel I provide some level headedness to this forum without extreme swings like we see in some folks.

If there is one element of posting here that has always gotten my goat, is whenever a poster says the Pats are cheaters all the result of the Spygate mess.  No one has EVER explained how the Pats cheated and gained an advantage, yet, they will hold that over our heads for ever.  But, all I do is smile everyday the Pats continue to win while their team continues to flounder year after year!!

I have figured that out over the years, but still get coaxed into the BS here and there. It really is silly to let anyone get under your skin here, but we are human. As I was saying....ignore has made it so much eaier to deal with the children trying to flex their internet muscle. You can't fix stupid, but you sure can hit one click on "ignore" and make it go away!! LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm inclined to subsribe to the agcsbill school of posting although I must confess it ain't always easy.  Truly it is always a pleasure to read a thread that contains a thoughtful courteous exchange of ideas instead of some of the 'mine's bigger 'n yours' contests that all too often appear here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

ATJ... one can always agree to disagree without calling out names.  Opinions are just that, opinions, and not everyone marches to the same drum beat even though some folks really get after you when you do not subscribe to "their" drum beat!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

GO PATS, right??!! 

I've had a few heated discussions on this board in the past.  I should have avoided most if not all of them.  But I suppose "sometimes" you gotta do what you gotta do.  :)

Which brings to mind one "discussion" in person (not on this board) with a Seahawk fan who said that he thought BB lacked ethics.  To which I simply replied, are you familar with what is suspected of going on at USC when Pete Carroll was coach there?  He kind of blushed and then we came to an agreement that if BB had been the Seahawks Coach for over the past Decade he probably would feel differently. 

On the QB front, I have to laugh at the criticism of Brady "ONLY" winning 3 Super Bowls.  Man, are we spoiled.  I know my handle says 1971 but I remember QB's Mike Talieferro (SP) and Joe Kapp from 1970.  Does anybody remember Joe Kapp's end over end passes.  Heck he makes Tebow look like Joe Montana in comparison. 

The Bottom Line for me is that I am a Pat's fan for my enjoyment only.  When they lose, I will be disappointed for a short period of time.  But simultaneously, I'll also think where does my level of disappointment rank in importance to my life?    And the answer is always - not that much.  :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

I've had a few heated discussions on this board in the past.  I should have avoided most if not all of them.  But I suppose "sometimes" you gotta do what you gotta do.  :)

Most have and I used to be like that.  However, one poster on here I couldn't take it anymore. To read his constant lies, false facts, calling others names, basically treating people terrible, I had enough and had to get involved and call this person out, and prove him wrong with correct facts.  

So it does get frustrating after a while just sitting back and watching that happen and ruining the board.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Nope, I have zero problems with your posts. The photoshops are priceless!! Most of the people I ignore are the idiots from other teams that only come here to stir the pot, and get attention they never did from their mom. Of course there are a select few that always seem to be acting like a knowitall-douche-bags, which just get tiring after a while. Who has time for the childish BS? Ignore makes it so much more enjoyable here. One click, and poof....the a$$hat is gone!! LOL

LOL!  Awesome, thanks.  And I hear you about the ignore function.  I tried it once but the dude got banned and switched names and there it all was again.  I should just ignore him again but I hate him to think he can just post whatever he wants here without being called out on the lies and nonsense!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

ATJ... one can always agree to disagree without calling out names.  Opinions are just that, opinions, and not everyone marches to the same drum beat even though some folks really get after you when you do not subscribe to "their" drum beat!!

Well said and on the mark - and anyone who disagress with me is a schmozledorfer!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonHa. Show DonHa's posts

Thanks TFB for all you bring to this board, your doing a great job. Keep it up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

NCPats....    I am the same way when the Pats lose... I'm over it quickly.  Just a game and it is a "sport", right?  Yeah, we all do commisserate a bit too long on those painful losses (read - SB 42 & 46) but, it is not a life changing event for me.  For the players' certainly.

Also, like the confrontation you have with a Seattle fan, I happened to be right in downtown Pittsburgh with my Pats hoody on.  There is a section of town just north of downtown which is like a flea market district.  Steelers stuff EVERYWHERE!  One young guy literally came up to me and said the Pats are cheaters because of Spygate.  I simply said, "Explain to me how that film helped the Pats?  "silence"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DonHa's comment:

Thanks TFB for all you bring to this board, your doing a great job. Keep it up.

Thanks, dude.  Any relation to DonHo?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

TFB, since you asked.....

If anything, folks do not seem to accept that there can be varying opinions which are not intended to be personal, but, when posted, are attacked with name calling and such.  How often have we seen "football" threads breakdown into name calling etc between a couple posters drowning out all the rest of the stuff?  Of course, you do have the "troll" types who have nothing but the intent to denounce and denigrate the Pats and their fan base.

Secondly, be a "fan" of the team and don't make it about the players and coaches not knowing what they are doing when they lose a game or do not win the SB.  Since 2007, this has been a spoiled lot.  As a fan, I never profess to know more about how the team could be run or play.  I may not like what they tried or whatever, but, they are trying! Unlike one poster here, who will go nameless, who seems intent on blaming all the troubles for the Pats not winning the SB since 2005 on ONE player, huh?

It is laughable some of the comments made here about personnel, plays and such as if the poster should be the coach or owner and knows better about how the team should be run than the team itself.  But, hey, isn't that what fans are about?

+1

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Tfb i think u might have to change your outlook here. if 7000 of your 10000 posts are arguing with rusty well then.......    

"Defense Wins Championships"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Tfb i think u might have to change your outlook here. if 7000 of your 10000 posts are arguing with rusty well then.......    

Where did I say 7000 of my 10k was arguing with rusty?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Sorry but i just read two threads that were filled with you and rusty or that pezz guy who only comes on to argue with rusty. Just saying i like the majority of your posts i just think you guys need to be smarter then trying win a point against rusty.... There is no point.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Sorry but i just read two threads that were filled with you and rusty or that pezz guy who only comes on to argue with rusty. Just saying i like the majority of your posts i just think you guys need to be smarter then trying win a point against rusty.... There is no point.

Yeah, there is actually many here who go at it with Rusty.  But by far Bustchise is the one right now who has been going at it with him the most.  How nice this place would be without him here.  It would be Holiday every day!

Sections
Shortcuts