Sorry Mr. Kraft I just can't do it.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

Sorry Mr. Kraft I just can't do it.

Now we are a few days out from Sundays game. I've read hundreds of posts for and against, Brady, Welker, BB, Offense, Defense etc.. So after I've digested this I can only come with are we in it to win it, or just be real good?

So if everyone can agree BB is in charge I feel he should say to Mr. Kraft the following:

"Boss I run the team as coach, D coord, GM, I picked every coach, player, & ball boy. I have maybe the best QB of all time, but  just can't seem to win the big one without that D I inherited 10+ years ago.  With that said is being a really good team good enough?"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Sorry Mr. Kraft I just can't do it.

In response to PATSthebest's comment:

Now we are a few days out from Sundays game. I've read hundreds of posts for and against, Brady, Welker, BB, Offense, Defense etc.. So after I've digested this I can only come with are we in it to win it, or just be real good?

So if everyone can agree BB is in charge I feel he should say to Mr. Kraft the following:

"Boss I run the team as coach, D coord, GM, I picked every coach, player, & ball boy. I have maybe the best QB of all time, but  just can't seem to win the big one without that D I inherited 10+ years ago.  With that said is being a really good team good enough?"

your post would be valid if the offense could actually score in the big postseason games....in their last 5 playoff losses the pats offense has scored 13, 17, 21, 14, and 14 respectively....now you're trying to tell me the defense has been the problem? the numbers dont lie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

your post would be valid if the offense could actually score in the big postseason games....in their last 5 playoff losses the pats offense has scored 13, 17, 21, 14, and 14 respectively....now you're trying to tell me the defense has been the problem? the numbers dont lie.

I'm not saying that at all. Doesn't matter which side of the ball the problem is on. What I'm saying is this is BB's hand picked organization tpday. Is being real good, good enough? Or do changes need to be made to off load decision making which may get the team over the hump?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well obviously this is a big offseason....if the pats go out and get the big receiver that everyone has been hoping for, than i think we can all infer that they knew a change was needed to get them farther in the postseason.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

I hope it's only a deep threat. A healthy Gronk and Chandler Jones, and a corner would really help.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

I hope it's only a deep threat. A healthy Gronk and Chandler Jones, and a corner would really help.

yea hopefully they go out and get another decent corner...we all saw what the injury to talib did to the defense....watching cole try to cover boldin was so frustrating....cole is so bad.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

well obviously this is a big offseason....if the pats go out and get the big receiver that everyone has been hoping for, than i think we can all infer that they knew a change was needed to get them farther in the postseason.

How is your own cap/FA situation?  Serious question because you only have 4 draft picks this year if I am not mistaken.  Going to be hard picking so late in the rounds with those little number of picks not being able to move up.  How do you make a big splash in the offseason?

/notroll

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Here's what's sad about those numbers:  The 21 was vs the Jets, correct? That TD came late in the game when it was over.  In SB 42, they scored late, and it was for barely eeking the 14 points!

14!

So, they either barely score late when they wasted so much time elswhere in the game or they go dry for entire halves like on Sunday or in SB 46.

As I've been saying for almost 2 years here, the real problem is actually the offense, not the defense.

yup, ive felt that way too.. a lot of the offensive problems are forgot about when they score 50 plus against a bad team but they have shown for several years that they can't score on good teams in the playoffs. hate to say it but the same thing is going to happen next year unless big changes are made.. they could even keep brady but they have to change their scheme, become more physical, be able to run the ball down teams throats.. if you watch other teams that run the ball, often times they get stopped early in the game but they stick with it and wear down defenses. by the 2nd half they are able to do anything, run , pass whatever,.. if you look at the patriots offense they struggle in the 2nd half.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

Here's what's sad about those numbers:  The 21 was vs the Jets, correct? That TD came late in the game when it was over.  In SB 42, they scored late, and it was for barely eeking the 14 points!

14!

So, they either barely score late when they wasted so much time elswhere in the game or they go dry for entire halves like on Sunday or in SB 46.

As I've been saying for almost 2 years here, the real problem is actually the offense, not the defense.

If it's the Offense or the Defense why is it not being fixed. This team is so close to having 5 Superbowls if not more. What is the gating factor and who repsonsible to get us over the top?My point is that BB needs some help evaluating talent and understanding some of the game strategy may be passing him by.

His D is always tough against the run, but the NFL is a passing league. So whether that means score 50 points, pressure the QB, or a shut down corner.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to WeDerrWEBACK's comment:

How is your own cap/FA situation?  Serious question because you only have 4 draft picks this year if I am not mistaken.  Going to be hard picking so late in the rounds with those little number of picks not being able to move up.  How do you make a big splash in the offseason?

/notroll

dont worry about our cap dude, the patriots have never been in cap hell like the jets are all the time. we will be just fine again.  thanks for your concern

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Off course they are in it to win it all. I think all BB needs to do is reevaluate some of his philosophies and make some changes to go along with the way football is being played today.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

From 2010 to now the Patriots have won exactly 1 game where they scored 21 points or less (Dallas last year when put up 20).  If you look at the SB winners since NE last won in 2004 many of them won games where their offenses put up 21 points or less.  Last year the Giants won the NFC Championship scoring 20 points and the SB scoring 19.  In 2010 the Packers offense scored 21 in the wild card round and 14 in the NFC Championship.  In 2008 the Steelers offense scored 16 in the AFC Championship and 20 in the SB.  In 2007 The Giants offense scored 21 points in the divisional round and 17 in the SB.  In 2006 the Colts offense scored 15 in the divisional round.  In 2005 the Steelers offense scored 21 in the divisional round and 21 in the SB.

The point here is not to excuse the offense's poor play on Sunday (and it was bad), but to point out that SB winners regularly win games where their offenses don't put up a lot of points.  The Patriots defense hasn't demonstrated NE can win those kind of games recently.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Maybe it's just me, but I think a good football team should be able to win about half its games when scoring between 13 and 20 points.  The Pats haven't won a playoff game when scoring in that range since a 20-3 victory over the Colts in '04.  During the 3 Super Bowl years, they won at least 1 game each year when scoring between 13 and 20 points.

Patriots record when scoring between 13 and 20 points:

2001-2004: regular season  6-10,  playoffs 3-0
    2005-2012: regular season 12-15, playoffs 0-4

They've actually been BETTER during the regular season in the past 8 years at overcoming a mediocre-to-average performance by their offense, while becoming far far worse at overcoming this same situation in the playoffs.

What does this mean?  I don't think it means the defense is worse, necessarily.  It may mean the defense is less capable of compensating for the offense against top-tier competition.

No matter how good the offense, you CANNOT rely on them to score 28+ points in every single playoff game to win.  The defense has to occasionally come though in those big moments, too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

I'm going to accuse PCM of pre-plagiarizing my post...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

Fantastic. Absolutely fantastic.  If they choose to walk from Welker, they'll be in a better spot.

Youngest D in the league, a good offense, superb base continuity on the roster on both sides of the ball, so if they walk from complementary players, new bodies won't hurt this aspect.

"ESPN.com senior NFL writer John Clayton noted that the Patriots project to have $18.6 million in cap space (link here), which would seem to set them up nicely as they build the roster."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4739136/patriots-and-salary-cap-space

Nighty night, Jets Turd.

Meanwhile, your Jets are up the creek, 20 million over the cap, unable to lure FAs, Rex Ryan was just involved in a car accident the other day likely eating and driving at the same time, and you have no QB.

LMAO

I am glad you get a kick out of yourself because at least someone does.  You keep talking about the young defense and now it just hit me why.  because that is all that they are is young.  they arent good, they arent flexible, they are....young....grats on your young D.  You could also call your LB slow, and your secondary bad, and your line below avg, and that is with wilfork.  should something happen to vince, your DL would be as C.Barlkey says, turrilbe...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

Maybe it's just me, but I think a good football team should be able to win about half its games when scoring between 13 and 20 points.  The Pats haven't won a playoff game when scoring in that range since a 20-3 victory over the Colts in '04.  During the 3 Super Bowl years, they won at least 1 game each year when scoring between 13 and 20 points.

Patriots record when scoring between 13 and 20 points:

2001-2004: regular season  6-10,  playoffs 3-0
    2005-2012: regular season 12-15, playoffs 0-4

They've actually been BETTER during the regular season in the past 8 years at overcoming a mediocre-to-average performance by their offense, while becoming far far worse at overcoming this same situation in the playoffs.

What does this mean?  I don't think it means the defense is worse, necessarily.  It may mean the defense is less capable of compensating for the offense against top-tier competition.

No matter how good the offense, you CANNOT rely on them to score 28+ points in every single playoff game to win.  The defense has to occasionally come though in those big moments, too.

i dont think the defense was relying on them to score 28 points....one of the td's the ravens scored were a result of an offensive turnover near midfield late in the game. and you are right, the defense could have made more plays, but the offense is supposed to the the strength of the team, and it has been the weakness in the playoffs.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

i dont think the defense was relying on them to score 28 points....one of the td's the ravens scored were a result of an offensive turnover near midfield late in the game. and you are right, the defense could have made more plays, but the offense is supposed to the the strength of the team, and it has been the weakness in the playoffs.

Just because it is the strength of the team doesn't mean the team should get an automatic L if they perform at less than their season-average.  Against playoff competition, even the best offenses (not just the Pats) are going to score less than 20 points occasionally.  That's the whole point of my post.  The defense needs to be capable of stepping up in these situations.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

people make alot of the defense allowing 28 points, and then point back to the old days when the pats had bruschi and mcginest, etc... have you guys just up and forgotten super bowl 38? you know, the one where the pats won 32-29!!, or how about the pittsburgh afc title game which was won 41-27? teams are going to score points in the playoffs, they are there for a reason. when your offense is as high powered as the pats has been for awhile now, you are expected to score more than 13 points in an afc championship game. he.ll, any offense should be expected to do more than that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

First of all, this isn't 2003 or 2004. It's not even 2006.

No team is winning SBs by scoring 14 points.  The Giants scored 17 simply because of a one in a million helmet catch.

But, look at how many points are scored in the playoffs these days, generally speaking.Are there lower scoring games, here or there? Sure. But, guess what the differentiator is in those? Turnovers.

We turned it over TWICE. One int and one fumble.  The other team did not.

No one is asking for 4 TDs minimum. What about 20 points and no turnovers?

Is that a lot to ask from a loaded offense led by Tom Brady?

Wow, you have really gone off the deep end since i was last here.  You talk above about noone winning scoring 17 pts BUT the pasts would have won 14-10 without the "one in a million catch" which is even lower than the requisite 17 that you cant(yet the giants did) win with.  wow, i would say that you have lost it but that would insinuate that you once had it!

THEN, you go on to talk about turnovers which further implicates your "young" (read bad) defense.  How many turnovers did your defense force?  yeah, night night....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

Just because it is the strength of the team doesn't mean the team should get an automatic L if they perform at less than their season-average.  Against playoff competition, even the best offenses (not just the Pats) are going to score less than 20 points occasionally.  That's the whole point of my post.  The defense needs to be capable of stepping up in these situations.

i would agree with you if it were "occasionally". it just hasnt been. all of their recent playoff losses, with the exception of the jets game, they have scored less than 20 points....that is far from occasional. it has become a pattern. the pats offense has become the indy colts offense circa 01-05. great during the regular season, and then sheet the bed in the playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts