sorry RFARP but PATS need to change how they do things going forward!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

sorry RFARP but PATS need to change how they do things going forward!

i agree w/kraftie about the past overall but i was right in that they practiced serious plausible deniability and ARROGANCE. they simply focused on the bottom line at the expense of everything else. no confirmed check of anything else. came out that hern had the highest score on the nfl's performance intellignece test (meaning he would work the hardest to achieve success in the nfl)..thats all bb and bk cared about, how guys performed within the walls of foxboro and directly to them.. period! hey hern worked hard and was always polite to me, so what else is there... the man scored a ONE on the social personality test (the lowest possible score). thats where all this social immaturity nonsense came from. showed impulsieness, high risk nature, guy not able to handle the priate non-football decisions of life, delusional sociopathic tendencies...

come on, all kraftie cared about was drugs and making sure the team would not suffer a financial loss if he tarnished the brand by getting suspended.. period! what obligation to society? i have no beef with the 4th round pick but i have a real issue with the lack of background checks and even some basic surveillance. an elementary detective would have known about the floirida U issues, shooting friend in the face and so forth. this guy was hiding in plain sight!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: sorry RFARP but PATS need to change how they do things going forward!

Supposedly when Pioli was here he would have his scouts pound the pavement at the schools these kids where coming from - he would have them talk to the people around campus...how they treated people, trainers, etc. Not just take the word of coaches who are always trying to protect their players and get these kids into the NFL to make their program more attractive to incoming recruites (so and so made the pros through us kid, you can too). Then again Pioli was a failure without Belichick and one of his players killed someone before killing himself too.

I think it's a crap shoot. I think you never really know what you are getting and in reality you can't really follow these guys around off the field when they are here, it's illegal. I suppose you can have them sign something waiving their privacy rights, but it would certainly not make this place attractive to free agents....especially when we don't pay as much as other teams. Really I think Hernandez is a once in a lifetime thing. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Supposedly when Pioli was here he would have his scouts pound the pavement at the schools these kids where coming from - he would have them talk to the people around campus...how they treated people, trainers, etc. Not just take the word of coaches who are always trying to protect their players and get these kids into the NFL to make their program more attractive to incoming recruites (so and so made the pros through us kid, you can too). Then again Pioli was a failure without Belichick and one of his players killed someone before killing himself too.

I think it's a crap shoot. I think you never really know what you are getting and in reality you can't really follow these guys around off the field when they are here, it's illegal. I suppose you can have them sign something waiving their privacy rights, but it would certainly not make this place attractive to free agents....especially when we don't pay as much as other teams. Really I think Hernandez is a once in a lifetime thing. 

Mthurl,

you are missing the elephant in the room. The Pats did all of this, and knew everything. They decided to resign him anyways

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

[QUOTE]

Mthurl,

you are missing the elephant in the room. The Pats did all of this, and knew everything. They decided to resign him anyways

[/QUOTE]

They knew everything?  They knew that Hernandez was giong to be arrested for murder? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

i agree w/kraftie about the past overall but i was right in that they practiced serious plausible deniability and ARROGANCE. they simply focused on the bottom line at the expense of everything else. no confirmed check of anything else. came out that hern had the highest score on the nfl's performance intellignece test (meaning he would work the hardest to achieve success in the nfl)..thats all bb and bk cared about, how guys performed within the walls of foxboro and directly to them.. period! hey hern worked hard and was always polite to me, so what else is there... the man scored a ONE on the social personality test (the lowest possible score). thats where all this social immaturity nonsense came from. showed impulsieness, high risk nature, guy not able to handle the priate non-football decisions of life, delusional sociopathic tendencies...

come on, all kraftie cared about was drugs and making sure the team would not suffer a financial loss if he tarnished the brand by getting suspended.. period! what obligation to society? i have no beef with the 4th round pick but i have a real issue with the lack of background checks and even some basic surveillance. an elementary detective would have known about the floirida U issues, shooting friend in the face and so forth. this guy was hiding in plain sight!

Scoring one in the social personality test indicates delusional sociopathic tendencies?  Can you cite some evidence for this?  

Hernandez was the youngest player in the NFL for awhile.  Could it be that the test indicated that he had the maturity of a very young man?  Young men generally tend to display lack of maturity and good judgment.  Most don't go on to commit grave crimes, but can anyone always tell who will turn out fine and who will go bad? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:

[QUOTE]

Scoring one in the social personality test indicates delusional sociopathic tendencies?  Can you cite some evidence for this?  

Hernandez was the youngest player in the NFL for awhile.  Could it be that the test indicated that he had the maturity of a very young man?  Young men generally tend to display lack of maturity and good judgment.  Most don't go on to commit grave crimes, but can anyone always tell who will turn out fine and who will go bad? 

[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right my friend but you are also pissing into the wind with these two.

People forget that he was only 19 when he was drafted.  Smoking dope and getting into fights at 17-19 yrs. old.  How outrageous! How could they have have not known?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right my friend but you are also pissing into the wind with these two.

People forget that he was only 19 when he was drafted.  Smoking dope and getting into fights at 17-19 yrs. old.  How outrageous! How could they have have not known?

[/QUOTE]

Salon,

are you in this conversation? This has nothing to do with smoking pot. Meyer knew this guy was involved in an incident with guns and shootings, hung with gang members and had a chronic drug problem. If Meyer knew this, did he tell BB? Don't you have to assume yes he did? 

No oneisconnecting the dots between Herns problems at UFLa and this murder, but did the Pats know they were drafting a guy with major criminal issues? And after having him on the team for2 years, did they think his criminal issues were behind him?

repeat, no one is connecting the dots between pot and murder. 

Simple, did the Pats know who or what they were drafting, and resigning?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Mthurl,

They knew everything?  They knew that Hernandez was giong to be arrested for murder? 

Mt Hurl and RKrap have been pumping that anti-BB premise now for about 2 weeks. Just start reporting each for troll work and maybe the mods will finally do something about them regurgitating the same ridiclous and slanderous crap here.

Wow now you don't even read the posts - I didn't say anything anti-anything. You're really slacking lately, I've seen countless spelling errors and use of grammar...I expect more from a guy with a 152 IQ...tighten the ship there bud (note - I used there in it's correct form).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Rkarp, earlier in this thread you made statement that the Pat's knew everything and resigned him anyway. Now above you are asking the question if or did they know?

Are you claiming they knew everything in AH past or are you saying they should have known? You seem to be all over the place.

I understand your frustration with what happened. i venture that 95% of us here are sick, pissed and have many other emotions about what happened. I just think you are assigning blame on the Pat's orginization for something they did not know about or could control.

They released AH and made a statement. They allowed everyone to exchange his jersey. Kraft has now made a statement.

Other than the things that have already occurred what are you expecting from the team?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Such audacity to suggest bizarre behavior on this board.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

Rkarp, earlier in this thread you made statement that the Pat's knew everything and resigned him anyway. Now above you are asking the question if or did they know?

Are you claiming they knew everything in AH past or are you saying they should have known? You seem to be all over the place.

I understand your frustration with what happened. i venture that 95% of us here are sick, pissed and have many other emotions about what happened. I just think you are assigning blame on the Pat's orginization for something they did not know about or could control.

They released AH and made a statement. They allowed everyone to exchange his jersey. Kraft has now made a statement.

Other than the things that have already occurred what are you expecting from the team?

[/QUOTE]

I believe they not only knew everything, they also know more than what has been reported. I firmly believe Meyer told them everything

My rhetorical question asking if and what they knew was me asking Salon if he thought they knew

This does NOT mean they knew he would committ murder. But he did shoot 2 guys point blank in his Frosh year, showing what he was capable of doing.

Matt Light was a respected vet on this team? Do you think he spoke freely to BB? Do you think he ever voiced concerns? Ditto Mayo. Ditto Vince. Pats fought Vince tooth and nail for every nickle. Think Vince ever went to BB and said before you give this guy $40m this is my concern and this is what I am hearing. 

Tom Curren said leaders on the team did approach BB before the contract. I tend to believe Tom

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I believe they not only knew everything, they also know more than what has been reported. I firmly believe Meyer told them everything

My rhetorical question asking if and what they knew was me asking Salon if he thought they knew

This does NOT mean they knew he would committ murder. But he did shoot 2 guys point blank in his Frosh year, showing what he was capable of doing.

Matt Light was a respected vet on this team? Do you think he spoke freely to BB? Do you think he ever voiced concerns? Ditto Mayo. Ditto Vince. Pats fought Vince tooth and nail for every nickle. Think Vince ever went to BB and said before you give this guy $40m this is my concern and this is what I am hearing. 

Tom Curren said leaders on the team did approach BB before the contract. I tend to believe Tom

You know Urban Meyer told them everything how???

I would agree that Matt Light was a respected member of the team but as far as I know the only other player to speak out was Deion Branch and I believe he said he was shocked. As far as speculating on what other guys said or did I have no knowledge but it seems that you have inside knowledge that others don't. I don't doubt you have heard whispers or have some knowledge as to what is being said but without sources or verification do you expect people to buy what you are saying?

I don't know who approached who but it would seem odd to me that  players would know or have influence over the organization when it comes to other players contracts.

Hope you are saying Tom Curran has never been wrong.

I don't doubt you know and here things at Gillette but  if they did know about the shooting when AH was 17 perhaps based on his actions within the confines of what they saw when he was at work perhaps they thought he had matured. just specualtion on my part because I don't know one way or the other if they knew.

Bottom line they were wrong, they admitted they screwed up and are doing what they feel is the best for the organization.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

You know Urban Meyer told them everything how???

I would agree that Matt Light was a respected member of the team but as far as I know the only other player to speak out was Deion Branch and I believe he said he was shocked. As far as speculating on what other guys said or did I have no knowledge but it seems that you have inside knowledge that others don't. I don't doubt you have heard whispers or have some knowledge as to what is being said but without sources or verification do you expect people to buy what you are saying?

I don't know who approached who but it would seem odd to me that  players would know or have influence over the organization when it comes to other players contracts.

Hope you are saying Tom Curran has never been wrong.

I don't doubt you know and here things at Gillette but  if they did know about the shooting when AH was 17 perhaps based on his actions within the confines of what they saw when he was at work perhaps they thought he had matured. just specualtion on my part because I don't know one way or the other if they knew.

Bottom line they were wrong, they admitted they screwed up and are doing what they feel is the best for the organization.

[/QUOTE]

What is best for the org is trying to insure this does not happen again, and to keep a criminal element out of the game. Waiting on Kraft and the NFL/NFLPA to make this announcement on how they will go about this....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Mthurl,

[/QUOTE]

Do you have a source to verify these claims?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well rkarp if you're right and they did know a lot more than they are letting on...wow, just wow. And never mind they are now on record as saying they didn't know anything, if the truth gets leaked out...yikes! That may be more embarrassing than what they are going through right now.

Here's what I think. They knew of his immaturity - and I'm thinking Meyer didn't go a lot further because the guy is probably NOT the most honest guy on the planet - and I think they knew about the drugs. I think this type of person would describe a lot of different draftable players, so I don't think they were all that worried.

I think he was a reasonably decent person in front of the right people inside that building before he got that contract - I'd be willing to bet quite a few players knew he was a problem child, but I doubt they knew the extent of it. I think the pats thought he was young (and probably primed to grow up rather quickly after the baby and with him making it through a few years unscathed). They knew he was a good player and they were around him long enough to make the mistake of reading his character wrong. They got duped.

I do think the NFL is connected to law enforcement, but I have know doubt they don't have anywhere near enough background information on these players. There is no way in blue hell the NFL can do thorough background checks on 400 draftable players...they can pull some records and cori/sori them with their consent, but they aren't going to be able to walk around their neighborhoods, pull their financials, pull their family history, their medicals, prints, work history, references, phone tap, pull their emails, cell phone records, gps their car, watch their girl friend, etc. Not in the two months these guys have to declare for the draft.

And as far as hiring privates to follow them...forget it. It doesn't happen, if it did we would of heard by now because some team/the NFL would of been caught by now and they would of sang like hell to the press. Could you picture some undrafted guy who was steamed he didn't get selected blamming it on some PI that followed him to the club without his consent? Disaster.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

He contradicts himself constantly which proves he's a troll.

This coming from the king of contradictor's doesn't mean much.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Mthurl,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NO.

He claims AH had "Major" criminal issues at Florida that everyone knew about like all the students, players and coaches but not law enforcement apparently.

An eighteen year old college kid getting into fights and smoking pot. WOW.

Kraft came out and addressed the media and Rkarp is still not satisfied.  

He has no proof that the Pats knew about these supposed "major" criminal issues but keeps beating that drum.

I really don't think this guy is a Pats fan.  He's seemingly looking to fault the organization no matter what. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Mthurl,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NO.

He claims AH had "Major" criminal issues at Florida that everyone knew about like all the students, players and coaches but not law enforcement apparently.

An eighteen year old college kid getting into fights and smoking pot. WOW.

Kraft came out and addressed the media and Rkarp is still not satisfied.  

He has no proof that the Pats knew about these supposed "major" criminal issues but keeps beating that drum.

I really don't think this guy is a Pats fan.  He's seemingly looking to fault the organization no matter what. 

[/QUOTE]

Sal, what don't you get or are you simply trying to tweak me?

Hern was arrested his fresh year for shooting 2 guys. He was identified as the shooter. A police report was filed with Hern's name on it. 10 days later the charges were dropped, and the UFLa to,d the place they would handle the discipline. That means Meyer knew about it. Right? This is ALL documented facts with photo copies of the arrest report in the WSJ and on ESPN last week

Did Meyer tell BB the truth? That is the unknown. I say Meyer did. 

Hern was here 2 years and still did not change. Did any of the player leaders on he team like Light, Vince, Mayo speak up to BB about their concerns with Hern? Tom Curren reports thru anonymous player sources that they did....

Sal, what don't you get? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ask nfl network.. they broke it down and how the EXPERTS of the test interpret the score(s)..  they were reall concerned with the 2 extremes.. showed classic sociopathic tendencies.. great on the outside, troubled inside. d and c on eei this morning did seemingly hours on th etopic as well.. AH is absolutely a sociopath!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

frankly folks how the bruins dealt with SEGUIN is how we should handle these things going forward. had a guard outside his hotel room to do nothin but spy and report on his behaior and chaperone him.. then got him out of here.. werent too happy with his with the company he kept and choices he made. assuming he wasnt killing or shooting peeps yet they took a concerned approach.AH was the youngest, red flag.. had past issues and test results.. more red flags.. bal bal.. again, will cut the pats a track rec break.. going forward bb should b engaging chiarelli, julien and neely on this topic!

COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES... @commyContrarian on Twitter!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Hern was arrested his fresh year for shooting 2 guys. He was identified as the shooter. A police report was filed with Hern's name on it. 10 days later the charges were dropped, and the UFLa to,d the place they would handle the discipline. That means Meyer knew about it. Right? This is ALL documented facts with photo copies of the arrest report in the WSJ and on ESPN last week

You keep harping on this 2007 incident. I went back and searched for any article or any draft publication that would have reason to report this around the 2010 draft. I found zero articles that related to anything about this incident and that includes ESPN. Funny how all these outlets are suddenly finding this information now. It is easy to go back and dig up information in hindsight. 

If you have any evidence that the Pat's knew about this or Bob Kraft is lying that Urban Meyer told them then reveal your source.

You might be correct and they may have known but I can only go by what Kraft said until a media outlet comes up with a source that validates your claim. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You keep harping on this 2007 incident. I went back and searched for any article or any draft publication that would have reason to report this around the 2010 draft. I found zero articles that related to anything about this incident and that includes ESPN. Funny how all these outlets are suddenly finding this information now. It is easy to go back and dig up information in hindsight. 

If you have any evidence that the Pat's knew about this or Bob Kraft is lying that Urban Meyer told them then reveal your source.

You might be correct and they may have known but I can only go by what Kraft said until a media outlet comes up with a source that validates your claim. 

Here are two...

Also in 2007, Hernandez was among three Florida football players and another who had gone on to the NFL who were questioned by Gainesville police after a double shooting that happened after a Florida loss. Police said the players provided the information investigators wanted. No charges were filed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57592166/before-arrest-aaron-hernandez-no-stranger-to-violence/

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Authorities in the Massachusetts murder case against former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez have reached out to police in Gainesville, Fla., in hopes of determining whether Hernandez had any role in a 2007 shooting that left two men wounded, a source with knowledge of the murder investigation told ABC News. One of the men was shot in the back of the head, according to a police report of the shooting obtained by ESPN's "Outside the Lines."

At the time of the 2007 shooting, Hernandez was a freshman on the University of Florida football team.

The 2007 Gainesville shooting happened on Sept. 30, when Hernandez was a 17-year-old freshman with the Gators. The two men and a friend of theirs had left a nightclub and were in their car stopped at a light blocks away when their vehicle was fired upon, according to the statements two of the men gave to police. Corey Smith, a 28-year-old at the time who was sitting in the front passenger seat, was shot in back of the head. Justin Glass, the 19-year-old driver, was shot in the arm. Randall Cason, sitting in the back seat behind Smith, was unharmed.

While several witnesses told police the shooter was a black male, Cason said there were two suspects.

Cason, then 20, told police that shooter was a "Hawaiian" or "Hispanic" male who had a large, muscular build, stood about 6-foot-3 or 6-4, weighed about 230 or 240 pounds and had a lot of tattoos.

Hernandez's name is redacted from the report because he was 17 and considered a minor at the time. However, there is one reference to Hernandez in which his name is not redacted. In that section under "Aaron Hernandez," the report says detectives attempted to speak to Hernandez on Oct. 9 but that "he invoked his right to counsel."

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9446754/mass-police-investigate-aaron-hernandez-possible-role-2007-gainesville-shooting-according-sources

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Also in 2007, Hernandez was among three Florida football players and another who had gone on to the NFL who were questioned by Gainesville police after a double shooting that happened after a Florida loss. Police said the players provided the information investigators wanted. No charges were filed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57592166/before-arrest-aaron-hernandez-no-stranger-to-violence/

[/QUOTE]

This article was written in 2013. I was searching for articles  written around the time of the 2010 draft that would have had this info. my point was until this incident nobody had written about the 2007 incident from the time he was drafted until the time of the crime in June.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This article was written in 2013. I was searching for articles  written around the time of the 2010 draft that would have had this info. my point was until this incident nobody had written about the 2007 incident from the time he was drafted until the time of the crime in June.

Here is one written October 2007, Hernandez was not named in the article, possibly because he was only 17 years old at the time.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/jaguars/2007-10-01-reggie-nelson_N.htm?csp=34/

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Jacksonville Jaguars safety Reggie Nelson and three Florida football players have been questioned about a shooting outside a Gainesville nightclub following the Gators' loss to Auburn, police said Monday.