Sorry to burst the bubble...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Re: Sorry to burst the bubble...

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:826973b5-5475-42ec-8ef8-29e7b15748a7&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:826973b5-5475-42ec-8ef8-29e7b15748a7Post:350b9826-4b72-49ae-96cd-3d6208601723

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Dumb, non-sensible post. IT'S THE DEEPEST DRAFT IN 15 YEARS! They will make picks. They aren't idiots. You trade into next year if there is value. With many underclassmen coming into this draft, next years will be weak. That means trading into next year has less value than normal. Also, the team doesn't have the luxury of trading picks because they need the players this year. It's not 2003 where they need to fill only a few holes. 

I wouldn't worry about them trading into next year. It doesn't make sense in this draft.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Sorry to burst the bubble...:
    [QUOTE]   1) Pats will trade the 22nd pick for a very, very high 3rd rounder this year and either lower round picks this year or next or a combo of this year and next.    2) They will trade the 44th pick for a first rounder next year, giving them 3 1st rounders in the 2011 draft. They could use them all in 2011 if there's a rookie salary cap or use some and trade the rest for more picks for the future.    3) They will select a player with the 47th pick; in a deep draft, they will probably get what they consider low first round quality for less money.    4) Pats will then trade the 53rd pick for either another what they project as a higher second rounder next year and a lower round pick next year or another very high 3rd rounder this year and lower round pick(s) in the future.    Posted by BamaPat[/QUOTE]

i doubt 1,2 and 4 will happen. you got a crystall ball or something.

we need all our picks this year to reload the defense and o-line

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Bama, follow football before posting.  The understand what is actually going on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Sorry to burst the bubble...:
    [QUOTE]Bama, follow football before posting.  The understand what is actually going on.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

LOL, that's good

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

[QUOTE]   They will fill holes this year with Tate, McKenzie, Crable.      Posted by BamaPat[/QUOTE]

Filling holes with other holes just gives you the same holes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

[QUOTE] 1) Pats will trade the 22nd pick for a very, very high 3rd rounder this year and either lower round picks this year or next or a combo of this year and next.[/QUOTE]

why would the pats trade a first rounder for a third rounder and a late pick this year or next?  just to lose value?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]NE will in second round trade one pick for first round next year -one pick for another teams 3-5 plus a quality vet-and actually pick a player with one of there second round picks Want to bet on it?
    Posted by whoremaster[/QUOTE]

won't happen, see MordecaiBloodmoon's post.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Step 1: SEE 1st THREAD ENTITLED:

"The Myth About Trading Down and A Tale of Value."

Step 2: READ THREAD

Step 3: SEE 2nd THREAD ENTITLED:

"IF I'm Bill Belichick, I'm EITHER Trading Multi-Picks Up To Rd 1, OR I'm Trading Down To Rd 2...really."

Step 4: READ THREAD

Honestly, I forget who authored those threads, But that poster FIRST purported these items about, How the notion about how New England ALWAYS trades down, Is a complete work of fiction (thread 1-last post 28 days ago), YET- How that in this particular 2010 NFL Draft, New England actually should trade down and why (thread 2-last post 60 days ago).

~Trully, and I mean this is simply my independant & objective opinion here on this one...BUT these are works of Total Genius.  One has to consider how, at the time that these threads were brilliantly penned, The Ideas that he theorized, were near heretical notions at the time.  Imo, The Author's premise and ideas are sorta then like a modern day Galileo's saying that The Earth isn't the center of our universe, completely undermining the current church's conservative, but incorrect world-view...which is in most probability, precisely how these works of sheer monumental magnitude will be viewed when History has its final say.  Pssh, the author of those threads is no doubt however, just a bit smarter but alot better-looking.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I love how the intelligent posters shot this dumb proposition down so quickly!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I don't think Laz was saying that.

"we will only draft once in second round if that and have you paid attention to are 2-3 round draft history."

First off, what are you trying to say. I know it's an I-net chat board but grammar and good sentence construction will help you make your points. 

Second, they picked 4 players in the second round last year. I think that refutes what you are trying to say.

[QUOTE] laz is right we trade down, ne was built on first round picks round 4-7 and free agents and trading picks for vet players just watch we will only draft once in second round if that and have you paid attention to are 2-3 round draft history?
    Posted by whoremaster[/QUOTE]

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

[QUOTE]   They will fill holes this year with Tate, McKenzie, Crable.      A
    Posted by BamaPat[/QUOTE]

crable is one of the holes that needs to be filled. forget about him, he's a bust.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Whoever wrote those threads, should have his resume taped next to pick #22. This is my kind of GM."

TOTALLY Agreed with you...
    Cause see, whomever it is, his overall premise & arguments are far too solid let anybody jack-him up, back 'im up, cr#ck 'im up, or p!mp smack 'im up; Someone try ta touch his, he won't trust it, so dey try ta rush he'll bust 'dis; That's the sound a' his tune, some say it ain't cool, but his mama didn't raise no-fool; An' as long as a hack gives flack, dat dude won't be attacked, cause ain' noone wanna deal wid' da payback; By some ch^mp got roughed up way back, who's comin' back afta' all dese years- rat-a-tat-tat-tat, well das da' way it is.    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

I think the Pats will still have 4 draft picks in the first two rounds.

If BB doesn't have a hard-on for a player at 22, then they move down the board later in RD 1 or early to mid RD 2, then I can see them picking up a RD3 pick this year and 'possibly' trade a 2010 RD2 pick for a RD1 pick in 2011.

But BB and even Floyd Reese have commented on how deep this draft is. So I believe they will move around the boards for additional picks on the 2nd day or try to move up for one or two 4th/5th rounders on the 3rd day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The Pats are going to trade this years picks for first round picks in 2017.  They will continually trade down until they own every first round slot in 2017.  They will then negotiate all their current player contracts to expire in 2016.  Since teams will have no draft choices they will have to sign the Pats players which will result in 53 compensatory picks.  The Pats will then sign all of the 2017 draft to 5 year contracts and go on to win the next 5 Super Bowls.  During those years the Pats will trade their picks for 1st rounders in 2022 where they will reload/rebuild/rewhatever and win another five SB's.  This cycle will not end....ever.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBBBrady. Show PatsBBBrady's posts

I have to admit that this is the dumbest,most ludicrous post i have seen since i been on this board.all i can say is wow.
    P.S - BamaPat may i suggest you go to your nearest library and cop you a copy of "Football for Dummies". it'll help you a whole lot., i think.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

kid this is the smartest thing ive ever herd, good job id love that, next years 1st round is much better in terms of what we need. RB CB and WR

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Why in the world would they trade #22 and #47 in a deep draft for picks in next year's draft?  No way.  Makes no sense whatsoever.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Even if there's a rookie salary cap next year why would the Pats want three first round pics?
    Next year won't have as good talent as this year where more college guys came out early this year so they could cash in more.
    Who says the rookie salary cap isn't going to be very player-friendly?
    Three first round selections in any year are going to be very expensive.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I strongly feel BB and the Pats were setting up for this year's draft.  Deepest draft in ages, now way they do so much trading.  The most I see is trading down w/ SD and getting a 3rd Round Pick.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Speculation always has a fools back.

Sections
Shortcuts