1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Sorry to pats fans

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

[QUOTE]

UD6 - 

Appreciate the gesture - IF you never, in the future, use this incident in a snarky way in this forum when you are feeling defensive. 

The other thing Pats fans didn't deserve is you riding them about Spygate in this forum for years now. You relish bringing up Sypgate whenever anything gets a little heated in here. Yes, it was wrong. It's over, it's been over, and it's time for you to let it go. You seem to want to do something to make Pats fans lives a little easier right now, so maybe you can take it upon yourself to focus on not hammering Pats fans over Spygate - not today, not tomorrow, but never again. 

I seriously doubt you can do it because your nice guy routine is just your persona, you are here for trolling and want to twist the knife once you see anything that offends you...

The only way that Hernandez becomes a topic in the future - at least as i see it today - is how it relates to the "patriot way". 

[/QUOTE]

^^^^ See, the troll is just playing you all. He's about as sincere as the snake was in Eden.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong.  I am responding to the statement and where Hernandez could be brought up in the future.  I am not here to follow your guidance Babe. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

I know that I occassionally play devil's advocate, and I may have some "feelings", especially after this incident, about the "patriot way".

Stop beating around the bush hillbilly troll. What exactly are your "feelings" about "The Patriot Way"?

[/QUOTE]

I think its a mirage - like a political slogan.  It may have once been about something when the pats had legendary defenses and seemingly clean guys. 

I give a pass to anyone taking Randy Moss and his warts, because Moss may likely go down in history as the 2nd best receiver ever.  But there's no denying that the pats started using this mantra as a way to suggest they could overcome the known questionable characters that they drafted or brought in. 

There is no way for a team to fully control their players, but the team used it to promote themselves as something different.  Players embraced the slogan if not the ideal.  Who knows if Hernandez can actually be linked to this other double murder, but if he can, those killings occurred a week before he was given his extension and actually made a statement about "the patriot way". 

I don't begrudge Belichick for trying to gain an advantage by acquiring, at a cheaper cost, players with known warts, but then give up the mantra, because it seems to be backfiring. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I always feel the same when I see a young man who is talented and now has more money then I will ever make throw it away because they were unable to get away from their past, I feel sorry but on the other side feel they had a chance and blew it. I don't care what team they were on it is a sad story. UD6 we will get back to bashing you tomorrow. :)

One shot one kill! The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other guy die for his.

George S Patton Jr

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

The "Patriot Way" was mostly a sportswriter and fan myth.  There was no "way."  IMO, the "way" was to get a bunch of lunch-pail guys to function as a team, and for about a 5-6 year period, the Pats executed that "way" better than most teams.  The fact that, on occasion, we have a creepola on our team is no different than what alot of other teams face - players getting in trouble with the law - from feloneous acts to misdomeaners.  The bottom line is that in every group, there are some bad people.  The most successful years (including non-SB winning years) happened because regardless of how talented or un-talented our individual players were, they bought the game-plans and executed them more often than not.  To reach inside an individual player's inner thoughts, moral failings, plan old bad-guy doings has little to do with achievement on the field.  AH was AH - a talented football player, but a man who, for whatever reason, elected to follow the path he followed - and in this case, much to his detriment.  At this point, I could care two figs about AH - I like others feel sympathy for the real victim and his family.  He very well may have been a "bad guy" also, but no one deserves an execution like that unless he forces himself sexually on or kills someone in a non-self-defense way.

The Pats will carry on, the fans will carry on, the Pats will do what they'll do.  Meanwhile families have been destroyed, a person who's atheletic achievements and potential are now meaningless, and most importantly, the family of a young man gunned down in his prime are left with nothing but mourning their dead.  For anyone to see this issue as an indictment of the supposed "Patriot Way" illustrates the worst in fandom because it's neither an indictment or a supportive argument for a "way."  It's yet another of too many sad real-life stories where grown people who value certain ideals do life-altering things to their fellow humans.  Neither pro nor anti-Pats people wins; society doesn't win, and our culture doesn't win.  And that's the saddest thing of all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I know that I occassionally play devil's advocate, and I may have some "feelings", especially after this incident, about the "patriot way".

Stop beating around the bush hillbilly troll. What exactly are your "feelings" about "The Patriot Way"?

[/QUOTE]

I think its a mirage - like a political slogan.  It may have once been about something when the pats had legendary defenses and seemingly clean guys. 

I give a pass to anyone taking Randy Moss and his warts, because Moss may likely go down in history as the 2nd best receiver ever.  But there's no denying that the pats started using this mantra as a way to suggest they could overcome the known questionable characters that they drafted or brought in. 

There is no way for a team to fully control their players, but the team used it to promote themselves as something different.  Players embraced the slogan if not the ideal.  Who knows if Hernandez can actually be linked to this other double murder, but if he can, those killings occurred a week before he was given his extension and actually made a statement about "the patriot way". 

I don't begrudge Belichick for trying to gain an advantage by acquiring, at a cheaper cost, players with known warts, but then give up the mantra, because it seems to be backfiring. 

[/QUOTE]

You're making a lot more out of it than was EVER the case.

Simply put: Kraft said don't bring thugs to the team. BB wanted a "team" philosophy. That's it. That's the "Patriots Way". Nothing more.

Unless you have proof that the team knew AH was in fact a thug when they drafted him, or subsequent to his arrest then you are FOS, as usual, with your accusations. They certainly booted him quickly once he was arrested.

The "Patriot Way" is alive and well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is rather ludicrous that a poster who fashions sexual assault as a "harmless college prank" is so put out that a team might be failing to live up to some self imposed standard of moral scrutiny regarding its players. For you, it must be one standard if it's your guy and another standard for the other guys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

With all due respect to you and the other thread specifically on the subject - what may have been the patriot way - related to team and doing your job and whatever else - did morph into some kind of a morality thing.  Whether it was kraft related or pioli or someone else that helped the media fuel the perspective, that's what it morphed into. 

No one within the pats organization disputed it either.  Further, people like Hernandez used the moniker to discuss the change to their life - which in reality was a lie. 

Pats fans can choose to believe that this idea(l) never became more than something only football related, but in reality some in the organization and the media made it more and there was no one out there denying the embellished idea(l). 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Simply put: Kraft said don't bring thugs to the team. BB wanted a "team" philosophy. That's it. That's the "Patriots Way". Nothing more.

Unless you have proof that the team knew AH was in fact a thug when they drafted him, or subsequent to his arrest then you are FOS, as usual, with your accusations. They certainly booted him quickly once he was arrested.

Personnel sources from multiple NFL teams tell SI that they had off-field concerns about Hernandez. In particular, the questions pertained to alleged gang activity of some of Hernandez's associates in his native Bristol, Conn. A law enforcement official familiar with Hernandez reiterated concerns about his circle of influence.

Combined, the marijuana use and gang concerns worried some NFL teams immensely.

"There were a lot of teams that had him off the board," said an NFL personnel executive.

Click here for the article.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Personnel sources from multiple NFL teams tell SI that they had off-field concerns about Hernandez. In particular, the questions pertained to alleged gang activity of some of Hernandez's associates in his native Bristol, Conn. A law enforcement official familiar with Hernandez reiterated concerns about his circle of influence.

"There were a lot of teams that had him off the board," said an NFL personnel executive.

[/QUOTE]

must be tough for you NAS. you go from the honor and dignity of hockey players to this. the NFL was great once,like in the 1970's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

But as fans - you didn't deserve this.  The team, frankly, didn't deserve this.  Regardless of Belichick's penchant for seeking "value" in talented players with less than stellar character, he didn't deserve this.  Bob Kraft didn't deserve this. 

I am not looking to gain any different treatment of y'all from these comments.  Treat me no differently.  I just wanted you to know that from an outsider, looking in, this is some bs that you didn't deserve. 

Ok great now please take your comments and go to a Colts site. I mean really your a Colts fan but your always on a Pats forum that is something Pats fans also don't deserve.    

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to whodeawhodat's comment:

[QUOTE]

But as fans - you didn't deserve this.  The team, frankly, didn't deserve this.  Regardless of Belichick's penchant for seeking "value" in talented players with less than stellar character, he didn't deserve this.  Bob Kraft didn't deserve this. 

I am not looking to gain any different treatment of y'all from these comments.  Treat me no differently.  I just wanted you to know that from an outsider, looking in, this is some bs that you didn't deserve. 

why are you sorry?  its called karma.  for all the isht these guys slung at "gomer" for not delivering in the playoffs and to see Tommy lose his touch in recent playoffs is pure karmic gold.  add to the fact that these fans whine about Ray Lewis and now they have their own scmbag murderer that they had in their lockerroom for 4 years.  What comes around goes around.  Patriot way may are...

[/QUOTE]

Amazing, two pathetic posts from two pathetic trolls.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His having associated with persons that were apt to be thugs doesn't make him a thug.

We all know of BB's connection to Florida. It is easy enough to believe he was assured by trusted persons there that AH was distancing himself from those connections.

In any case this is not proof that the the "no thugs" aspect of  the "Patriot Way" was abandoned by Kraft or BB. Rather, the teams decisive action at loss in addressing the situation once confirmation of his involvement was displayed shows the standards they ascribed to are in fact still in place.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

With all due respect to you and the other thread specifically on the subject - what may have been the patriot way - related to team and doing your job and whatever else - did morph into some kind of a morality thing.  Whether it was kraft related or pioli or someone else that helped the media fuel the perspective, that's what it morphed into. 

No one within the pats organization disputed it either.  Further, people like Hernandez used the moniker to discuss the change to their life - which in reality was a lie. 

Pats fans can choose to believe that this idea(l) never became more than something only football related, but in reality some in the organization and the media made it more and there was no one out there denying the embellished idea(l). 

So Hernandez used the term "Patriot Way" to describe supposed changes to his life. What does that have to do with the "Patriot Way"?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His having associated with persons that were apt to be thugs doesn't make him a thug.

We all know of BB's connection to Florida. It is easy enough to believe he was assured by trusted persons there that AH was distancing himself from those connections.

In any case this is not proof that the the "no thugs" aspect of  the "Patriot Way" was abandoned by Kraft or BB. Rather, the teams decisive action at loss in addressing the situation once confirmation of his involvement was displayed shows the standards they ascribed to are in fact still in place.

[/QUOTE]

"the marijuana use and gang concerns worried some NFL teams immensely."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. What does it have to do with the "Patriot Way"?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Hernandez was more appropriate rather than the Eden snake. Though they are symonomous by definition.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I think Belichick is as smart as they come.  I think he understood the chance he was taking with Hernandez and as Rusty suggested, he may have seen Hernandez as "house money".  That is probably the case with all of the questionable characters that he's acquired. 

And I don't think anybody could have or would have foreseen such a situation.  Regardless, the situation has happened and it has happened with one of the guys who had known issues; One of the guys who actually used the term "patriot way" in describing to the public the changing of "his ways" - which was a lie. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I think Belichick is as smart as they come.  I think he understood the chance he was taking with Hernandez and as Rusty suggested, he may have seen Hernandez as "house money".  That is probably the case with all of the questionable characters that he's acquired. 

And I don't think anybody could have or would have foreseen such a situation.  Regardless, the situation has happened and it has happened with one of the guys who had known issues; One of the guys who actually used the term "patriot way" in describing to the public the changing of "his ways" - which was a lie. 

So, the sum of all the information we have is that the Patriots have yet to take a person into their organization that is a "thug" at the time of admission.

Do you dispute that?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

Yes Queenie.  Herny's double murder last summer is clean as a whistle. looked the other way in order to justify drafting a known thug, doesn't somehow justify giving him a huge extension long before his rookie contract was up.  Hillarious! 

You sound as if you have some sort of proof that everyone knew he was a CONFIRMED THUG. Bottom line is that nobody knew jack $h1t, besides some (possible) rumors that he hangs around a bad crowd, and smoked some dope. Show me ONE single report on AH CONFIRMING he was a thug. It doesn't exist. Enjoy your Jets this year genius....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. What does it have to do with the "Patriot Way"?

[/QUOTE]

That's actually not the discussion you and I are having. 

You say, "Unless you have proof that the team knew AH was in fact a thug when they drafted him."

I provided info that shows that many teams were put off by his gang connections.

You ask what that has to do with the "Patriot Way".

People with gang connections aren't good people.  Ever.  The Pats looked past this and drafted the player anyway.

And now they have their logo attached to an alleged murderer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

So, the sum of all the information we have is that the Patriots have yet to take a person into their organization that is a "thug" at the time of admission.

Do you dispute that?

[/QUOTE]

Last one for you babe - You are on a constant fishing expedition with an agenda.  I've provided my thoughts on the matter.  I cannot help you if they are not clear enough for you to understand my position, and I am not interested in your baiting ways if that's what this is. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

You sound as if you have some sort of proof that everyone knew he was a CONFIRMED THUG. Bottom line is that nobody knew jack $h1t, besides some (possible) rumors that he hangs around a bad crowd, and smoked some dope. Show me ONE single report on AH CONFIRMING he was a thug. It doesn't exist. Enjoy your Jets this year genius....

What is a "confirmed thug"?

The guy had drug problems.  The guy was linked to gangs and bad people.

Sections
Shortcuts