Sorry to pats fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Sorry to pats fans

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't know why anyone would think it's a problem to seek value by drafting a player with character questions when the cost drops enough to take a chance.   Didn't Saint Dungy,himself,  famously ask Warren Sapp if he had reformed himself enough to be the leader of his Buccaneer defense after his draft value dropped coming out of Miami?  it also seemed that Saint Tony had a different standard of behavior for players of little talent. Furthermore when the Eagles had an opportunity to pick up Michael Vick as a free agent, wasn't Dungy lobbying for Vick?

If it's good enough for Dungy; why can't Bill do it?

bostate - you have a point.  Initially i disagreed but I reread, and although I don't know the circumstances surrounding Sapp, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.  Dungy would absolutely do something like that and has always promoted a public persona of decency. 

Here's the thing. Belichick never pushes the morality play.  In fact, he appears to publicly attempt to play the opposite role - that of anti-establishment antagonist.  Yet, when he brings players into the fold - if they were wayward - they "sat up and flew straight".  And this was the patriot way of "rehabbing" the bad player images. Leave the dirty work to belichick.  players shut up and toe the line. 

Others started pushing that it was more than that.  fans, media, the players themselves, Kraft.  Great promotional stuff.  I'd bet shirts were even made up at some point.  I don't begrudge the idea, but as evidenced by Hernandez, its hard if not impossible to "change" everyone. 

Dungy - worked to rehab players and would promote those he thought he got through to (vick) while knowing full well that the player could easily go off the rails. 

The pats seemed to think their system was above that.

[/QUOTE]

Enlighten us troll. How have you drawn this conclusion?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Babe may or may not have gas but he does have a point.  There is no basis for udog's conclussion other than it is what he would like to be true.   Pushing that chit here is just trolling.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

I don't know why anyone would think it's a problem to seek value by drafting a player with character questions when the cost drops enough to take a chance.   Didn't Saint Dungy,himself,  famously ask Warren Sapp if he had reformed himself enough to be the leader of his Buccaneer defense after his draft value dropped coming out of Miami?  it also seemed that Saint Tony had a different standard of behavior for players of little talent. Furthermore when the Eagles had an opportunity to pick up Michael Vick as a free agent, wasn't Dungy lobbying for Vick?

If it's good enough for Dungy; why can't Bill do it?

bostate - you have a point.  Initially i disagreed but I reread, and although I don't know the circumstances surrounding Sapp, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.  Dungy would absolutely do something like that and has always promoted a public persona of decency. 

Here's the thing. Belichick never pushes the morality play.  In fact, he appears to publicly attempt to play the opposite role - that of anti-establishment antagonist.  Yet, when he brings players into the fold - if they were wayward - they "sat up and flew straight".  And this was the patriot way of "rehabbing" the bad player images. Leave the dirty work to belichick.  players shut up and toe the line. 

Others started pushing that it was more than that.  fans, media, the players themselves, Kraft.  Great promotional stuff.  I'd bet shirts were even made up at some point.  I don't begrudge the idea, but as evidenced by Hernandez, its hard if not impossible to "change" everyone. 

Dungy - worked to rehab players and would promote those he thought he got through to (vick) while knowing full well that the player could easily go off the rails. 

The pats seemed to think their system was above that.

Enlighten us troll. How have you drawn this conclusion?

Careful UD6, Babe has gas today and its making him really irritable.........What tha?????? DAMN IT BABE! NURSE, Oh NURRRSE! YUP, BABE DID IT AGAIN.........

Try not to post worthless drivel Rusty. I know you and the Colts troll share the Brady bashing love, but spare the board the embarrassment of watching you stick up for the Manning loving miscreant.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to EnochRoot's comment:

I know that I occassionally play devil's advocate, and I may have some "feelings", especially after this incident, about the "patriot way".

But as fans - you didn't deserve this.  The team, frankly, didn't deserve this.  Regardless of Belichick's penchant for seeking "value" in talented players with less than stellar character, he didn't deserve this.  Bob Kraft didn't deserve this. 

I am not looking to gain any different treatment of y'all from these comments.  Treat me no differently.  I just wanted you to know that from an outsider, looking in, this is some bs that you didn't deserve. 

I haven't been around in a while, but I assume this is part of UD's bimonthly meaningless apology series. Still not sure why people accept them. Just read back a few months. Same old same old.

What he tries to do is weasel in with what appears to be a sincere statement, but then he turns around and sneaks in a one liner and ruins it. He does it every time he attempts this kind of a troll leverage maneuver.

Bingo. See, you are capable of being right once in a blue moon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to Rodimus77's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I know that I occassionally play devil's advocate, and I may have some "feelings", especially after this incident, about the "patriot way".

But as fans - you didn't deserve this.  The team, frankly, didn't deserve this.  Regardless of Belichick's penchant for seeking "value" in talented players with less than stellar character, he didn't deserve this.  Bob Kraft didn't deserve this. 

I am not looking to gain any different treatment of y'all from these comments.  Treat me no differently.  I just wanted you to know that from an outsider, looking in, this is some bs that you didn't deserve. 

I'll say again.....Rivalry is over, you can go home now! Not buying your little "sincere" post for one second. As soon as the season starts, you will bring this up as ammo whenever your little ponies put up an L

[/QUOTE]

There is nothing sincere about his post. He's just trying to blow smoke as he craps on the "Patriot Way". Sincerity and this troll are like oil and water.

The only disheartening thing is that his amateurish attempts to fool some Pats fans actually work.

Make no mistake, his every post is dripping with his f***** up agenda.

[/QUOTE]

He has done this crap on more than one occasion in the past Babe. This is one Pats fan that is not fooled! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Let me rewrite the Colts troll's OP so it's a little more clear and less contaminated with hidden meaning.

"I know that sometimes certain of you see through my phoney facade of sincerity. But for the rest of you who buy into my thinly disguised agenda applied to virtually every post I make, let me try to suck you in with my usual amateurish deception because my obsession to try and undermine your team at every turn so I can feel better about my inferior team and my inferior heroes is a sick need of mine.

I am so sorry for you good fans that the philosophy your team has espoused for so long, the "Patriot Way" has been exposed to having a disturbed person like me act as if it never existed because one sicko slipped through the cracks. Because I live in a warped world where the only team that was really about truth and decency is my Colts with heroes like Peyton Manning and Tony Dungee. A world where if my hero commits sexual assault I call it a college prank. A world where accusations of my team turning up the temperature and piping in sound are just vicious rumors, but your team breaking a rule about where taping can be done is cheating despite the NFL never calling it that.

I feel so bad that you, Kraft, the players and BB had to find out the "Patriot Way" was a complete fallacy and my angelic Colts are the real good guys of the NFL. None of the aforementioned deserved that.

Sincerely,

The Colts Troll"