Sort of off topic . . . but reminded me of Aaron Hernandez . . .

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Sort of off topic . . . but reminded me of Aaron Hernandez . . .

Was listening to this on the plane home from Regina (Saskatchewan) this evening . . . I'm not a big country music fan, but I really like this chick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6ikqNlXv-8

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Sort of off topic . . . but reminded me of Aaron Hernandez . . .

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Was listening to this on the plane home from Regina (Saskatchewan) this evening . . . I'm not a big country music fan, but I really like this chick:

Dude, that kind of song has been written a million times. Everyone from Dylan to Johnny Cash to the Grateful Dead to Ryan Bingham and the Dead Horses.

She is hot, though.

She does it well, though, doesn't she? Heard one of her songs on the radio and liked it so much, I downloaded her most recent album on iTunes.  Totally enjoyed it.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

She's got a pretty unique sound.  Thanks Prolate.  I've been trending country/folk lately and particularly like female artists.  On the one hand, she's got me thinking Grace Potter.  Listened to another song and thought of Norah Jones.  I do like her voice with the Dobro.  Don't hear that much these days. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yeah, I usually don't listen to this kind of music, but I think she's got special talent.  There are a lot of good songs on the Cigarettes & Truckstops album I downloaded. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Slightly edgy prolate...  Gotta love the rifle , shovel, and skull theme...

Reminded me of dragon tattoo girl all made up going off on her lawyer bjurman.  great movie .

Sounded a little like grace potter " oh no..." according to my gf.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

what's the "oh no" coolade?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

what's the "oh no" coolade?

Its the lyric from GP "never go back" song.  Lindi Ortega sings it with more passion, gotta admit.  As in...

Oh no I just buried a guy, sh!!!!t, I'm in big trouble...  Ya think?  Kind of like AH as OP says.

The face paint in the video is creepy.  Kind of like a cross between the Dragon Tattoo girl and Samara, the girl from The Ring...

Two great edgy movies.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

It was good...reminded me of HBO's "True Blood" theme song

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Glad others like her.  I'm not very avant garde when it comes to music (heck, Cream is still my favourite band) but I thought she might be one obscure singer who maybe should be better known.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

i miss AH on the field... 

I love the New England Patriots, but i am not a fanatic. I want the team to win games the right way, playing good football. I demand the best from the players and the organization, because i support them the best way i can.          ISAAC ANDREU

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Dude, that kind of song has been written a million times. Everyone from Dylan to Johnny Cash to the Grateful Dead to Ryan Bingham and the Dead Horses.

She is hot, though.

She does it well, though, doesn't she? Heard one of her songs on the radio and liked it so much, I downloaded her most recent album on iTunes.  Totally enjoyed it.  

Actually, I just listened to another track to see what else she taps into and she's got something going there.  

I thought the song you posted was Dixie Chicks type sounding stuff, which it is to me, but she seems to be an old school country girl, which is a lot more refreshing than the garbage out of Nashville these days.

I am always looking for new music and artists who are genuine.  WIll check out some more. Reminds me a lot of Emmylou Harris.

translation: pretentious

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

She is hot, though.

mr know-it-all just can't stop showing us how much he knows...or thinks he does

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

ever give nancy griffith a listen? very talented

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

ever give nancy griffith a listen? very talented

No, but I'll check her out though.  

And, Gints, whatever you think of Rusty and his opinions about football, I think he truly does have both a sincere interest and good taste in music. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

For those in Boston who like her:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/music/2013/10/17/high-five-lindi-ortega/hX7yqOUiGklXcdDIEjnOVN/story.html

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Kept waiting for her to break into I put a spell on you...

Halloween country?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Thanks for passing along Pro. She has a unique voice. Really like her tone.  I would really enjoy hearing her sing some blues. I think she could pull it off. I am going to listen to the album you suggested now. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Thanks for passing along Pro. She has a unique voice. Really like her tone.  I would really enjoy hearing her sing some blues. I think she could pull it off. I am going to listen to the album you suggested now. 

Hope you enjoy it.  Tell me what you think.  I'm going to see her live next weekend (she's headed to the Toronto area where I am after she plays in Boston).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

and some blues

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=76tNElxcTnE

Sections
Shortcuts