So...that's why it is called.. "pre season"!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

So...that's why it is called.. "pre season"!!

Throughout the pre-season, for the most part, we had a number of fans moaning and groaning about the Pats D and how they will be this season.  Most off the results of the pre season.

Granted, using the first regular season game is not to say this is what we can expect this entire season, but, I am certain this D surprised a heck of a lot of fans with the way they played in the first half.  If the game were closer, I'd dare say we would have seen more of the same.  Many predicted the Bengals O lighting up the D this game.  Well 31 Pats points later and the Bengals with only 3 points on the board, was there a somewhat collective sigh of relief that this D may do fairly well, after all?  That's why it is called "Pre-Season", give BB and the coaching staff time to see what works and then unleash it in the regular season.  I think better things are to come!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

Re: So...that's why it is called.. "pre season"!!

dont get too excited so fast, this was only the first game and they still were giving away lots of yardage

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to So...that's why it is called.. "pre season"!!:
    [QUOTE]Throughout the pre-season, for the most part, we had a number of fans moaning and groaning about the Pats D and how they will be this season.  Most off the results of the pre season. Granted, using the first regular season game is not to say this is what we can expect this entire season, but, I am certain this D surprised a heck of a lot of fans with the way they played in the first half.  If the game were closer, I'd dare say we would have seen more of the same.  Many predicted the Bengals O lighting up the D this game.  Well 31 Pats points later and the Bengals with only 3 points on the board, was there a somewhat collective sigh of relief that this D may do fairly well, after all?  That's why it is called "Pre-Season", give BB and the coaching staff time to see what works and then unleash it in the regular season.  I think better things are to come!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

I'll second that!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: So...that's why it is called.. "pre season"!!:
    [QUOTE]dont get too excited so fast, this was only the first game and they still were giving away lots of yardage
    Posted by MatildaWanna[/QUOTE]

I think I said that....  this is the first game.... and the D played better than most predicted.  Did you read my post?  Up to this game it was mostly doom and gloom about the D and how they'll get lit up by the Bengals.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

A lot of Pats fans, who apparently never watched a BB coached team before, look absolutely foolish right now.

They said NOTHING for the first 2 preseason games and then spent 2 weeks acting like little girls babbling about BB tinkering with zone D in Week 3.

It's actually embarrassing to a degree.  Some Pats fans show they don't understand the game.

Also, they did not give up a "lot of yardage". They held a top 5 run game to 3.5 yards per carry in a prevent D for most of the second half.

Once it was 31-3, BB conceded his schemes for time off the clock.

Some of you did not see the game or don't know what a prevent D looks like.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]dont get too excited so fast, this was only the first game and they still were giving away lots of yardage
    Posted by MatildaWanna[/QUOTE]

Your constant positivity provides a warm feeling to these boards......Keep it up Matilda!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So...that's why it is called.. "pre season"!! : I think I said that....  this is the first game.... and the D played better than most predicted.  Did you read my post?  Up to this game it was mostly doom and gloom about the D and how they'll get lit up by the Bengals.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]
    I think the biggest suprise is CHUNG, he looked like a different player than last year and pre season.  If more guys step up and play like this then the defense can start to make huge strides in a very good direction. Devin McCourty has great speed and looks like a Revis type of player, finally a seemingly Super Star pick for the Patriots.

If Brady continues to pass the ball around and Moss can stop his cry baby signature status then this could be a banner year. Lets just hope!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So...that's why it is called.. "pre season"!! : Your constant positivity provides a warm feeling to these boards......Keep it up Matilda!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

I mainly busted ba!!s on a few people due to the fact that they are wrapped way too tight and needed some dusting off. Now that the season has started I wont goof on them (as Much) and hope the Patriots can get the Moss situation cleared up and put behind them. I will admit I was in doubt for this season, but now, now I think the defense shows signs not only of improvement but there will be some starts on this defense for the Patriots.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

To think Russ got banned for trying to get that message across to some people. Sometimes I can't stand New England fans. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]To think Russ got banned for trying to get that message across to some people. Sometimes I can't stand New England fans. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Yeah well you can't blame them too much. Most of the info they get is from the local media who hate the pats and can't seem to see any good in them. I used to think Tanguay was they only fairly balanced reporter besides Reiss but after today and what he said about Moss I see he isn't. I hate all the sports reporters in New England and wish they would just move to New York where their allegiance obviously resides.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

WEEI already has Moss's comments out of context on their site.  Randy made a mistake with his attempt to clear the air, because the media baited him and he kept taking it.

But, yeah, look at the silly Ryan, Gasper and Manza-Young columns from Friday.

Manza-Young's premise was that the 2006-2008 (no one really had a good draft in the weak 2008 class) drafts were so bad, NE will pay for it now.

I am sorry, but when you are this dumb or that ignorant, you shouldn't be in charge with covering a team.

BB's 2009 and 2010 drafts are showing up in spades on the rebuild.

Sections
Shortcuts