sounds like alex smith to kc is done.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Re: sounds like alex smith to kc is done.

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

I don't think he'll do well, I don't think he's a great player and the Chiefs can't afford to take their time and pass only when necessary as the 49er's were doing. Alex Smith is best current "game manager" you shouldn't have one of these at QB unless your D resembles a brick wall, which the Chiefs don't.

That Chiefs D has some serious talent on it. Johnson, Flowers, Berry, Javier Arenas.  I think they had like 5 or 6 Pro Bowlers this year, not to say the Pro Bowl is the end all be all, but Reid is inheriting some nice talent.

I suppose that's fair, few draft picks should solidify it, they also have Charles to pound the rock. I hope it works for them, they'll ruin the Manning love affair in Denver and after a year of hearing about how miraculous Manning is it wouldn't be so bad to have them taken down a peg. It's strange though to see Reid go after quite a "limited" QB after Vick and McNabb but in saying that he didn't win championships with them either so maybe a new direction is what he's looking for

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

I don't think he'll do well, I don't think he's a great player and the Chiefs can't afford to take their time and pass only when necessary as the 49er's were doing. Alex Smith is best current "game manager" you shouldn't have one of these at QB unless your D resembles a brick wall, which the Chiefs don't.

That Chiefs D has some serious talent on it. Johnson, Flowers, Berry, Javier Arenas.  I think they had like 5 or 6 Pro Bowlers this year, not to say the Pro Bowl is the end all be all, but Reid is inheriting some nice talent.

I suppose that's fair, few draft picks should solidify it, they also have Charles to pound the rock. I hope it works for them, they'll ruin the Manning love affair in Denver and after a year of hearing about how miraculous Manning is it wouldn't be so bad to have them taken down a peg. It's strange though to see Reid go after quite a "limited" QB after Vick and McNabb but in saying that he didn't win championships with them either so maybe a new direction is what he's looking for

I still can't believe how bad they were last year.  Not sure how Crennell lost it that fast, but oh well.

A couple of strong FA signings, solid draft again, and health is what they need along with the stable staff from year to year.  7-9 type of thing next year with a chance to shoot at the WC or division in 2014.

That'd do them nicely maybe Reid will bring stability. Yeah i really thought they were guna go big in '11 and then they all got hurt and last year was a disaster. I've always had a soft spot for the lowly teams of the league. I was also hoping the Seahawks would do well, that was until Sherman made them insufferable

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

They better get an o-line to protect him or he'll have the same fate as Cassell

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Shouldn't affect the Pats draft at all. Geno will be taken by the next QB needy team down the line (Jax most likely) and Joeckle who might have been taken by Jax anyways won't fall past #4. So, in the end you shuffled 2 maybe 3 players but the top 10 players will remain the same regardless and shouldn't hurt the Pats at all

the number of teasm desp needing a qb is one less. we will never know if they would have been one more team to reach for a qb in rd 1. if sf kept smith

Sections
Shortcuts