Source: DA to announce Harrison results

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3812436

<irony />Now this is true justice.</irony>

The report notes that the detectives concluded the DA wasn't going to act on any charges until the end of Harrison's season.

The DA's fantasy football team is "Horsin' Around".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxncycles. Show soxncycles's posts

"The report notes that the detectives concluded the DA wasn't going to act on any charges until the end of Harrison's season."

Must be nice to be a celeb.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[Quote]"The report notes that the detectives concluded the DA wasn't going to act on any charges until the end of Harrison's season."

Must be nice to be a celeb.[/Quote]

Apparently, the detectives wanted charges brought against Harrison but the DA's office put the brakes on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Is this a joke?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Is this really any worse than the treatment Kaczur received?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[Quote]Is this a joke?[/Quote]

Did you read the story at the link?

It has been updated. The DA doesn't think that there is enough evidence to charge Harrison. This even though in PA the owner of the gun used in a crime can face criminal charges and the police can trace the bullets fired back to Marvin's gun.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[Quote]Is this really any worse than the treatment Kaczur received?[/Quote]

I am not sure they are comparable. But since you asked:

Kaczur was arrested and charged with possession of oxycodone. He cooperated with the DEA by wearing a wire to move up the chain to get to distributer of the drugs. That guy was arrested and charged. Kaczur was allowed to plead guilty to the second charge of speeding while the drug charges were put on hold for 6 months andwill eventually be dropped if he stays out of trouble. I think that six months is up this month. So, to sum up, he was caught, charged, cooperated with the courts and drug agencies and was allowed to get a lesser charge. He did what thousands of people do each day in the criminal court system in the US. I don't recall the NFL fining or suspending him.

Harrison, on the other hand, was in a bar fight at the bar he owns. According to witnesses, Harrison followed the guy out to his car, gunshots were fired and the guy was shot in the hand and a two-year old was injured by flying windshield glass created by one of the bullets. The police matched the slugs to a "custom made Belgian weapon" and found that Harrison owned this type of weapon. When they questioned Harrison at his car wash, he denied the gun ever left his house, but the police found the gun in a bucket at the car wash. Ballistics matched Harrison's gun to the bullets found at the crime scene. Harrison admits to fighting the guy but denies shooting him. The police have requested from the DA that charges be filed against Harrison. The DA declined indicating they needed more evidence despite the fact that in PA criminal charges can be filed against the owner of a gun used in a crime. So, to sum up, Harrison was involved in a crime. His gun was tied to the crime. He denied involvement in that crime. No charges have been filed due to "lack of evidence" and the police have surmised that the DA even waited until after Harrison's season was over to even make that announcement.

I would say that there is a huge difference in these cases. Kaczur committed a crime, cooperated with the system and moved past it. Harrison is being protected by the Philadelphia DAs office.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I guess some of you did not hear.. "the rest of the story."

The DA's office said that NONE of the parties involved could be trusted to provide truthful evidence. The stories given were so conflicting and changed so often that the DA couldn't trust any of them to bring the case to court. What does that say about the company Harrison keeps?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The difference here is one guy helped himself out by working with the DEA where as the other guy obstucted justice at the very least. He lied to teh cops and held up their investigation and that alone is a crime. He has done nothing what so ever to help clear his name and has lied every chance he got and from the sounds of it he might have and remember i used the word MIGHT have paid people off because no one can get their story straight about who shot the gun but the victim is claiming he was shot by Marvin.

Oh and ratting on a drug dealer who is selling death to stupid people who cant help themselves and ratting on the guy that tought you everything you know about football in a sneaky attempt to derail the Pats are some different levels. football is a game and yea I think Mingina is a rat for what he did but its a game Kazcur ratted out a drug dealer and did his communitty a solid by getting that guy off the streets. Of course its take a complete Leon to try and compear the two what a tool.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[Quote]So Kaczur wore a wire you say???

What a RAT!
    Look at you idiots-Always pointing fingers at the other guy.Wah wahwah-day and night in here.Harrison did this Harrison did that.Kaczur -our guy sure he broke the law too but Harrison did too.You sound like my next door neighbors 3 year old kid squealing on the 5 year old.
    Who started this assinine thread anyway???

Shocker it was Enoch!
    [/Quote]

What? No one said that. Way to finish.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[Quote]I guess some of you did not hear.. "the rest of the story."

The DA's office said that NONE of the parties involved could be trusted to provide truthful evidence. The stories given were so conflicting and changed so often that the DA couldn't trust any of them to bring the case to court. What does that say about the company Harrison keeps?[/Quote]

They can tie Harrison's gun to the crime. He can be charged with a misdemeanor as the owner. They are choosing not to.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I have no interest in defending Harrison. But the circumstances here are a little different. Kaczur HAD to cooperate. He was caught and if I am correct could have received felony charges based on the amount of drugs in possession and an included charge of intent to distribute.

Can we assume that Kaczur would cooperate if he had simply been named during a drug bust? See the difference?

AGC, if your comments are correct, the whole situation does make you wonder. Maybe they should give Harrison a speeding ticket and put the gun charge on hold for 6 months with no indictment for it should he not be arrested during that six months. And if they do it during football season, then there will be less free time to get in trouble.

Sorry but if one situation stinks, they both do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[Quote]Is this really any worse than the treatment Kaczur received?[/Quote]

Dogg, I do think Kaczur got some sweet treatment, but on the other hand, he cooperated with authorities (played ball, so to speak) and that will always get a first-time offender a break. I am still surprised he wasn't suspended for half the season.

Harrison, on the other hand, has literally obstructed justice, as best we can tell. According to reports, he lied about the gun, had illegal ammo, etc., etc.

In addition, you can hardly compare dealing Oxicotin to attempted murder. I mean, really...

Harrison got the biggest sweetheart deal in known league justice history deal, being allowed to even step on the field this season, in light of the gravity of these things and the overwhelming circumstnacial evidence, and not just from the police. I mean, hasn't the commish come down like a ton of bricks for far less?

I know you hate reading this, but this is just more proof that there are NFL teams and the way they are treated and then there are the Colts and the way they are treated. It seriously, SERIOUSLY begs the question, "Who has what info on what league authorities in order to influence those authorities?" I believe it to be a literal possibility. I am not joking about this. With any other team's player involved in exactly the same scenerio that player sits for the season or until the police investigation is conclusive.

Last of all, surely considering that we should all be innocent until proven guilty, etc., etc., in the court of public opinion, with as much as we do know so far ,it sure looks very bad for Harrison. At the least, he certainly is facing some serious gun charges for the ammo. You can convince me of the likelihood that one of his employees or friends grabbed the gun without his say-so, but I will never believe that the same person would empty the clip and replace the bullets with armor-piercing rounds before using the gun. That would require suspension of disbelief beyond my comprehension.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

P.S. - I do not think this is the last we hear of this story. Some enterprising Federal prosecuter could make a name for himself by bringing down this legendary receiver. Just because the DA is killing this case for now does not make it dead for good, nor should it be.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[Quote]I have no interest in defending Harrison. But the circumstances here are a little different. Kaczur HAD to cooperate. He was caught and if I am correct could have received felony charges based on the amount of drugs in possession and an included charge of intent to distribute.

Can we assume that Kaczur would cooperate if he had simply been named during a drug bust? See the difference?

AGC, if your comments are correct, the whole situation does make you wonder. Maybe they should give Harrison a speeding ticket and put the gun charge on hold for 6 months with no indictment for it should he not be arrested during that six months. And if they do it during football season, then there will be less free time to get in trouble.

Sorry but if one situation stinks, they both do.[/Quote]

Trying to compare these two situations is ridiculous. That is what stinks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[Quote]P.S. - I do not think this is the last we hear of this story. Some enterprising Federal prosecuter could make a name for himself by bringing down this legendary receiver. Just because the DA is killing this case for now does not make it dead for good, nor should it be. [/Quote]

Very reminiscent of Michael Vick. The state DA at first concluded he couldn't press charges. Then the Feds did and won. What happened after that? Suddenly the state DA could press state charges.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

This whole situation is beyond a mockery of our "judicial" system. I just threw up a little in my mouth at the thought of Harrison walking away from this without some kind of fairly serious charges. I mean, he owned a gun that was involved in a shooting - and then got flat out caught red handed in a lie about the wherabouts of said gun while under investigation. That alone should have landed him in cuffs and the eventual slammer until the investigation has concluded, regardless of his level of involvment beyond that.

If it looks like a horse..... well, you know.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Ok -

Again, I am not defending Harrison, and I happen to agree that something will come out of this case, and if it involves harrison then, well, he will be wearing stripes instead of a football uniform.

My point was more to thinking that if Harrison is receiving preferential treatment, then so is Kaczur, but I don't see the Kaczur bashing threads.

And for those of you wanting to praise kaczur for his cooperation, I ask again, did he really have a viable alternative?

Now, specifics -

Chris - Do we know if anyone has yet claimed that they were shot by Marvin Harrison. Or that Marvin Harrison was seen pulling the trigger? If so, I am not aware of that? (I haven't paid that much attention lately) Do you know?

If no one knows this, how can you suggest that Harrison got the biggest sweetheart deal in the league? Have any formal charges been brought against Marvin Harrison? I know that others who have faced suspension have at least had formal charges brought against them. Ultimately, I think Kaczur may have avoided suspension because his deal allowed for charges not to be brought against him.

Finally, and again this is not in defense of harrison, because I said when this all started that if charges were brought he should be suspended from the league and the colts should get rid of him, but if any of you have watched 48 hours or a crime and punishment piece on one of the evening news series', then you know that all of the information that has been gathered is never fully available to the public. We do not know enough.

I am surprised and I said this earlier in the season that there isn't a writer in Philly wanting to make a name that has not chosen to go after this full bore.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The question is dogg, if Marvin was not a pro football player he would have been arrested on the spot, think about the two situations ok. If Marvin was just Joe Shmoe right then he would have been in cuffs as soon as the cops found the gun after he lied about where it was, on the spot in cuffs. He would just be another black man cought in the middle of an investigation and he would have been arrested, he would have got out on bail and maybe he would have been clear of this whole thing by now but at the very least if he was just another random black guy from Philly he would have been arrested for lying about the gun. Now if Kazcur was just another white guy cought with Oxy would he have been given the same treatment that he was given? I think so, Kazcur had leverage, he had someone to give up and that gets people out of trouble all the time that are not celebs. If Kazcur was just another guy he would have been pulled over and arrested and then when he got to the police station he would have done the same thing he did in real life he would have said listen I will wear a wire and give up my drug dealer and since it was his first arrest they would have made the same exact deal that they made, I have known people who got out of trouble with less leverage so Kazcur would have been fine whether he was a pro football player or not. Marvin on the other hand was treated with kid gloves the entire time due to who he was and thats the difference. Ask any cop you know and they will tell you the same thing Marvin would have been in cuffs the moment he lied about the gun and Kazcur would have given up his dealer and walked the same way he did just like people do everyday in every city all over the country. What is the most messed up thing to me is they clearly waited for his season to be over before they came out with this info, as soon as this went down Pats fans everywhere were saying how this was being swept under the rug and people called us crazy and this just proves we were right they cut him a break because he is the great Marvin Harrison and he works for teh great saint Dungy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

NFL players get away with a lot of crimes. Just ask Ray Lewis and Pacman Jones. Harrison's involvement in this situation is no different, and he deserves to be prosecuted to the full extent of the PA handgun law.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Tas - I disagree with some of your thoughts. Nothing really on Harrison. I think you are right there.

But regarding Kaczur, I don't agree. If Kaczur was not a football player, he would have been charged with the crimes and then his lawyers would have negotiated whatever they could for the cooperation. Would they the DA have reduced the charges to nothing. I doubt it, but even if so, they still would have initially charged.

Per one of the early threads, Kaczur was never even charged, which I believe kept him from being suspended, which has to be considered preferential treatment. Maybe I am wrong.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Oh leave that Ray Lewis BS at the door, Ray Lewis didnt stab anyone at that night club all those years ago. Pacman one the other hand is a piece of crap but ray Lewis didnt do anything except be in the wrong place atthe wrong time and haters just want to hate on the guy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I was not charged with the drug possesion because he gave up his dealer which is something normal people do all the time he was put on probation and has stayed out of trouble just like they would have done with a normal person. He did not lie to the police he fessed up nd helped the DEA catch the drug dealer so he was gven a slap on the wrist and that happens everyday in every city all over the country trust me man i have had plenty of old friends of mine brought up on charges for drugs and some of them beat the rap the same way Kazcur did by giving someone up. Not to mention that Nick Kazcur is not famous, he is a big ugly he is down in the trenches and unless you follow Patriot football you wouldnt even know who this guy was unlike Marvin Harrison who is famous in Philly for being teh big star that he is.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Kyle,

Seems to me you have some very selective reasoning.

I agree with you on the harrison thing if they turn out to be correct regardless of whether or not he did any shooting. I can easily spin it another way, but generally I agree.

The drug issue is a different story. Do you know anyone who has been killed by a drunk driver? Drugs are no different. In Kaczur's case, this wasn't a guy with a small bag of pot. This was a guy with a large enough amount of oxy to be called a drug pusher. All he would have needed to do is distribute those drugs to a person who killed another in an accident while loaded and he is an accessory. I am sorry but I just do not see how the huge moral problem works here.

Tas - but your friends were charged and the charges were dropped. Apparently Kaczur was never charged, which could have positively affected his suspension status. That is my point.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I happen to know that reducing charges to nothing in this instance is standard operating procedure. I had a pair of freinds arrested for having A LOT more drugs than what he had and they BOTH got off scott free by snitching out the guy they got em' from.

The police are far more interested in getting the guy selling than getting the guy buying. And they will cut deals as a first option as far up the chain as it will get them.

I don't care about Harrison, but the idea that Kazcur got something that a person in street clothes wouldn't is just false.

It isn't like he was accesory to murder, and even if he were he still might have gotten off by ratting out the gun man.

Rule of thumb: if you dime, you don't do the time.

And the Harrison case is likely not over. The DA can't do anything now, but the police still consider it active and want indictments, so I would assume they are building a case.

All in all, it is a heck of a lot less interesting than say, the possibiltiy that the Giants front office tried to cover up for Plaxico.

Sections
Shortcuts