SOURCE: even in practice+OTAs, REVIS ISLAND is in full effect! ring #4?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

SOURCE: even in practice+OTAs, REVIS ISLAND is in full effect! ring #4?

few reporters have dropped dimes that at a last proactice, TB threw 21 passes and not one was in the direction of one revis. ditto when MALLET came on as his backup..ZERO! revis has been the hands-down star. explosive, quick.. just like his jets heyday. if that boy stays upright, offense will b just fine and that d will b a top5 one ready to bring ring #4!

"Bringing Boston-Strong vodka to team-hating jabronis and da Comrade-Soft Kool-aid Party!"

..and that's da Bawston SPORTS bottom line for the Commy says so! COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES...

Follow da Commy on Twitter: @commyCon, @commyConSox, @commyConPats, @commyConCeltics, and @CommyConImages (got any Boston sports imagery to share?)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Re: SOURCE: even in practice+OTAs, REVIS ISLAND is in full effect! ring #4?

Its gonna be great to watch this D play once Revis and Browner are the starting DBs. BB will have to be very creative with the play calling on D to take full adventage of the Island...

I love the New England Patriots, but i am not a fanatic. I want the team to win games the right way, playing good football. I demand the best from the players and the organization, because i support them the best way i can.          ISAAC ANDREU

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

we dont get browner until week 5 correct? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:
    [QUOTE]

we dont get browner until week 5 correct? 

[/QUOTE]

Correct.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Let's hope that's purely a reflection of Revis's play and not our receivers' play . . .  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

This is good for the QB's and receivers. Go up against elite talent in practice means you can take advantage of the not so talented DB's in the league. It will be good preparation especially for the Denver and GB games

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Hopefully this means he is back in pre-ACL tear form. But keep in mind, he's going against Brandon LaFell.....not Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Demaryus Thomas, AJ Green, etc.

We really won't know for sure until the games matter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

The teams defense will be a lot better than last years version. Revis and Browner along with an already improved defensive secondary. Ryan, Dennard and Harmon only needed a shut down corner last year to be effective imagine what these kids will be learning from Revis and Browner. This could be a lights out defense provided they stay healthy. Now if Mayo , Wilfork and Kelly return to form there is no offense in the NFL that can run them over!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

it's a step in the right direction.  Add a team that can be healthy by playoff time, an improved pass rush, a pass catching TE who can block - and this team's chances to get to another SB this year is pretty good

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Hey CommieC...I wish YOU were on Revis Island

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Brady is working on passing to the left. It is OTAs so he is working on a weakness. Add this into why he may be throwing away from Revis. 

Brady is is a competitor I think he would love the daily challenge. 

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to SportsGenius1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The teams defense will be a lot better than last years version. Revis and Browner along with an already improved defensive secondary. Ryan, Dennard and Harmon only needed a shut down corner last year to be effective imagine what these kids will be learning from Revis and Browner. This could be a lights out defense provided they stay healthy. Now if Mayo , Wilfork and Kelly return to form there is no offense in the NFL that can run them over!

[/QUOTE]

Healthy last year, they were leading the way in the AFC.  Revis replaces Talib, they get a bonus with Browner and maybe with smaller additions like Anderson and Kevin Williams to pitch in as well.

People like to mock the non-star players on this D simply because they don't trot around town with a SB ring on their finger, which shows the pathetic level of maturity of those supposed adults here.

But, players like Nink, Arrington, Mcourty, Dennard, etc, basically the ones who are good, but have been asked too much of them, now can thrive with some help.

Mayo and CHandler as Pro Bowl caliber in-house players, Hightower into the Spikes role more so where he can use his skill set better and what appears to be an emerging Collins, should make for a versatile, deep and very talented group.

If you look at Denver's D, on paper, it's as talented, but they also have zero depth behind their starters.

If the Pats can get homefield vs Denver this time, I think it's the Pats COnf Title to lose.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey CommieC...I wish YOU were on Revis Island

[/QUOTE]

Commie is from Baltimore and not even from New England.  He's one of those pink hat wannabe types from outside the area, like TFB12.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady is working on passing to the left. It is OTAs so he is working on a weakness. Add this into why he may be throwing away from Revis. 

Brady is is a competitor I think he would love the daily challenge. 

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

[/QUOTE]

I like the quote in your sig.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is good for the QB's and receivers. Go up against elite talent in practice means you can take advantage of the not so talented DB's in the league. It will be good preparation especially for the Denver and GB games

[/QUOTE]

I agree and it's also good for our young guys in the secondary that can learn from Revis and Browner. I think it will be amazing what having to corners that can cover can do for a defense...added in with Dennard, McCourty and Ryan...should improve our pass rush a bunch.