SOURCE: larry fitzgerald AND tb will in fact be hooking up......

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

Re: SOURCE: larry fitzgerald AND tb will in fact be hooking up......

What would it take to get him?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to Thomas_Paine's comment:

Common sense and a crisis. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

...at 5P on Sunday with Jim gray.. doing the pregame on Westwood one. no way no how seeds arent being dropped! listening to fitzy its clear he will not be opposed to coming here nor will he have a beef giving us a discount. just a matter of bb making the call and working out the little details... there's somthing there.. best line though and shows how much he wants to b on bb's good side.. when asked if welk's pick was legal.. responded with "i've done a ton of rubs and never have i done or seen that.. very unusual indeed.. cant judge intent but was questionable!" 

well that settles it. fitzy is a Patriot! now if we can only get our HOF QB 4 more pro bowl weapons, because as jerry angelo just explained to Belichick, you have to surround elite qbs with all pro weapons...otherwise that qb wont be able to win SBs!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Thomas_Paine's comment:

The NFL losing all the figures of what the Patriots cap numbers are.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

...at 5P on Sunday with Jim gray.. doing the pregame on Westwood one. no way no how seeds arent being dropped! listening to fitzy its clear he will not be opposed to coming here nor will he have a beef giving us a discount. just a matter of bb making the call and working out the little details... there's somthing there.. best line though and shows how much he wants to b on bb's good side.. when asked if welk's pick was legal.. responded with "i've done a ton of rubs and never have i done or seen that.. very unusual indeed.. cant judge intent but was questionable!" 

well that settles it. fitzy is a Patriot! now if we can only get our HOF QB 4 more pro bowl weapons, because as jerry angelo just explained to Belichick, you have to surround elite qbs with all pro weapons...otherwise that qb wont be able to win SBs!

true??? what exactly are you saying?  You dont agree that if you have one of the best Qbs in the league in a passing league, that you should give him some good weapons?? You are trying to be funny by saying lets sign Calvin Johnson, Barry sanders,etc but reality is...We are only asking for ONE legit WR. Can you name one that played for us last year? Dont tell me Edleman who was a product of our slot system. Dont kill whatever credibility you have left by trying to be slick. Brady IS all Pro, why doesnt he deserve all pro weaponry?  I could see IF we had an All pro Back or SOMETHING, but Nope, just an all pro guard and Brady is supposed to win SBs....lol at you

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

true??? what exactly are you saying?  You dont agree that if you have one of the best Qbs in the league in a passing league, that you should give him some good weapons?? You are trying to be funny by saying lets sign Calvin Johnson, Barry sanders,etc but reality is...We are only asking for ONE legit WR. Can you name one that played for us last year? Dont tell me Edleman who was a product of our slot system. Dont kill whatever credibility you have left by trying to be slick. Brady IS all Pro, why doesnt he deserve all pro weaponry?  I could see IF we had an All pro Back or SOMETHING, but Nope, just an all pro guard and Brady is supposed to win SBs....lol at you

1st off, if i lost credibility to a bunch of f tards who think BB should be fired or that he hasn't built some of the best teams in history over the last 13 years then i am happy about it.

2nd, i didnt say we shouldn't give Brady weapons. i said he doesn't need all pro weapons or as many of them as you can give him, as he is already elite. i would rather we get better players elsewhere and build the best team possible.

3rd, we already gave our hof qb the best wr in nfl history, the best slot reveiver in nfl history and a TE who scored the most tds in nfl history his 1st 3 years. id say BB gave our qb all the weapons he needed to....and we lost.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

1st off, if i lost credibility to a bunch of f tards who think BB should be fired or that he hasn't built some of the best teams in history over the last 13 years then i am happy about it.

2nd, i didnt say we shouldn't give Brady weapons. i said he doesn't need all pro weapons or as many of them as you can give him, as he is already elite. i would rather we get better players elsewhere and build the best team possible.

3rd, we already gave our hof qb the best wr in nfl history, the best slot reveiver in nfl history and a TE who scored the most tds in nfl history his 1st 3 years. id say BB gave our qb all the weapons he needed to....and we lost.

thats fair. Ive heard you joke on other threads about having all pro players at every position. for the record, Moss was not the best all time, IMO because he didnt do it all. One trick pony who didnt cross the middle or fight for balls that werent perfect. How many balls were intercepted due to MOss giving up??  cmon mang. Wes was a system player but didnt help win chit.

I actually like building the D, but the years we had no D and no legit run game, you think BB did  good there. Having Benny and Freddy Taylor in the playoffs?  How can you expect Brady to just make anyone play better?? If you arent gonna give him a WR, atleast a top ten back. Ridley has skills but fumbles too much.

We lost SB 42 because our Defense couldnt get off the field, same with the next one. If you are gonna have a high scoring Offense, maybe you should give them more than a few posession per half if you expect 30 plus points...ijs. NO 3 and OUTS in our last SB. How long did Peyton hold the ball last game??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

thats fair. Ive heard you joke on other threads about having all pro players at every position. for the record, Moss was not the best all time, IMO because he didnt do it all. One trick pony who didnt cross the middle or fight for balls that werent perfect. How many balls were intercepted due to MOss giving up??  cmon mang. Wes was a system player but didnt help win chit.

I actually like building the D, but the years we had no D and no legit run game, you think BB did a good there. Having Benny and Freddy Taylor in the playoffs?  How can you expect Brady to just many anyone play better?? If you arent gonna give him a WR, atleast a top ten back. Ridley has skills but fumbles too much.

We lost SB 42 because our Defense couldnt get off the field, same with the next one. If you are gonna have a high scoring Offense, maybe you should give them more than a few posession per half if you expect 30 plus points...ijs. NO 3 and OUTS in our last SB. How long did Peyton hold the ball last game??

I agree the D has been a colossal disappointment on the buggest stage, but not as mush as our offense. If our defenses in our 3 SB wins couldn't get off the field after being top 5 in the league each year they would be a disappointing bunch and would have played way beneath their ability.

Well that is what our offense has done in 6 straight playoff losses(barrring 2009 as our offense or defense wasn't very good) we have scored 15.5 ppg in 6 straight post season losses, and have left 1st downs on the field which puts our weaker half of our team...the defense right back out their.

Our 1 dimensional offense playing half as well as they did all year and our inopportunistic defense has lead to our disappointing post season losses. Coaching is the main reason for this. BB's coaching staff has been plucked away for other teams every few years and we have failed to get our players mentally ready and mentally tough enough, as well as using questionable plans on both offense(finesse pass heavy) and defense(never aggressive, and basically watching while qbs and rbs play ball control all day). 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I actually like building the D, but the years we had no D and no legit run game, you think BB did a good there. Having Benny and Freddy Taylor in the playoffs?  How can you expect Brady to just many anyone play better?? If you arent gonna give him a WR, atleast a top ten back. Ridley has skills but fumbles too much.

I agree the D has been a colossal disappointment on the buggest stage, but not as mush as our offense. If our defenses in our 3 SB wins couldn't get off the field after being top 5 in the league each year they would be a disappointing bunch and would have played way beneath their ability.

Well that is what our offense has done in 6 straight playoff losses(barrring 2009 as our offense or defense wasn't very good) we have scored 15.5 ppg in 6 straight post season losses, and have left 1st downs on the field which puts our weaker half of our team...the defense right back out their.

Our 1 dimensional offense playing half as well as they did all year and our inopportunistic defense has lead to our disappointing post season losses. Coaching is the main reason for this. BB's coaching staff has been plucked away for other teams every few years and we have failed to get our players mentally ready and mentally tough enough, as well as using questionable plans on both offense(finesse pass heavy) and defense(never aggressive, and basically watching while qbs and rbs play ball control all day). 

so you dont correlate lack of scoring in big games with our D staying on the field all game? You cant score if you dont have the ball. This team will never win tight gms in the playoffs with a bad D. Strong run games and defenses excel in the playoffs. I dont know why anyone expected an all offensive team to succeed. Cant wait till Sunday where we can prove this theory right. Peyton will once again choke and defense will win

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Just put him on ignore and you won't have to hear him regurgitate his nonsense about how it's easy to win the SB with scrubs if you just run a lot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Again, not happening....ever....

Seattle gives a 1st, 3rd and a 7th for a Migraine plagued receiver and get a whopping 1 catch year out of him...no matter...that was his value.

Fitz will cost more than that......much more...

And even a discount is still gonna be more than the Pats can pay.

We don't have a lot of CAP room. Yes the team will likely free up some money but it will be a frugal off season.

Several needs like a Center, Strong Safety, DL, TE and a few others won't get any attention if you get a pants tent for one guy.

NE is closer than you think to getting back to the SB, IMHO, a few needs here and there should get them there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

NE is closer than you think to getting back to the SB, IMHO, a few needs here and there should get them there.

^ Homer dreaming. Not happening. Far too many bad moves by the GM. It would take 3 miracle moves to undo the damage.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I just purchased a customized Patriots jersey with Fitzgerald and #11 on the back (he'll be replacing Edelman) solely on the news in the OP... it's non-refundable so I hope the info was good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

^ Homer dreaming. Not happening. Far too many bad moves by the GM. It would take 3 miracle moves to undo the damage.

First time in my life I have been called a "Homer" LOL!!

I hate kool aid and am far from a homer.....

The Pats are a lock again for the AFC East

So again they play the win 2 and you are in the SB game.

I actually believe they are not far from that...

Yes, this is a huge off season, and the staff also needs fixing, but I think they are closer than you think....

Or darn it...perhaps senility is coming on......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Tom curran reported over the summer the pats had a legit interest In fitz. I don't doubt, who wouldn't want him?

in the end, it will just take too much money and sacrificing resigning a few key players for one superstar. Is it worth it? 

Would you rather have Edelman and Talib or fitz? Assuming fitz takes a 8-10m per Yr deal. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Tom curran reported over the summer the pats had a legit interest In fitz. I don't doubt, who wouldn't want him?

in the end, it will just take too much money and sacrificing resigning a few key players for one superstar. Is it worth it? 

Would you rather have Edelman and Talib or fitz? Assuming fitz takes a 8-10m per Yr deal. 

It's a close decision, but I would take Fitz over Edelman and Talib.  Only because of thier injury history.

But I think it would be more Fitz or Edelman, Talib, and multiple draft picks, right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Don't mind him, he actually enjoys losing...loves it! He is so happy watching this team get punched in the face and win absolutely nothing the past 10 years he throws parties! As long as we are lose in the playoffs and no one questions a single move this team makes in acquiring players, truechamp is thrilled...just thrilled!! No one has been happier than him watching us get punched in the face in the playoffs...that game against the jets where our defense didn't even touch Sanchez?? Guy peed himself. The game against Manning two weeks ago where our defense made Manning one of the most comfortable people on the planet for four hours?? Truechamp soiled his underwear...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"now if we can only get our HOF QB 4 more pro bowl weapons,"

What do you mean more pro Bowl weapons? He didn't have any this year, unless you want to count the occasional Gronk sighting.

Yes, it does help to have talent at the skill positions. See: Denver Broncos, who passed up and down the field on us two weeks ago.

Belichick understands this which is why he looked into Fitzgerald in the past. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Don't mind him, he actually enjoys losing...loves it! He is so happy watching this team get punched in the face and win absolutely nothing the past 10 years he throws parties! As long as we are lose in the playoffs and no one questions a single move this team makes in acquiring players, truechamp is thrilled...just thrilled!! No one has been happier than him watching us get punched in the face in the playoffs...that game against the jets where our defense didn't even touch Sanchez?? Guy peed himself. The game against Manning two weeks ago where our defense made Manning one of the most comfortable people on the planet for four hours?? Truechamp soiled his underwear...

I like Fitzgerald but why is AZ trading him. They have won 10 games.. They are starting to get good. What if he takes a pay cut to stay with AZ. Then he is going anywhere. Then if he is made available will the pats pay the money. He is not going to take less to play for BB and TB it doesn't work that way. Plus losing Edelman and Talib might not make you better.. To bad they have a cap in the NFL  then they can sign Decker take him away from Denver then make the trade for fitzgerald and cut amendola but it don't work that way. The dreaded cap who did we ever get in this position I kid. Lol

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

I just purchased a customized Patriots jersey with Fitzgerald and #11 on the back (he'll be replacing Edelman) solely on the news in the OP... it's non-refundable so I hope the info was good.

This comment wins the thread.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Do we really NEED Larry Fitzgerald?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

When do we all get "pinched"?

Until I see it in writing with an official announcement, not on a fan forum, is my motto.

Sections
Shortcuts