Source Says Johnson Could End Up A Patriot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Source Says Johnson Could End Up A Patriot

If BB feels that he can contribute to the team and they get him for cheap, then sign him.

NE is already accused of being cheaters, so I doubt BB really cares what people think of LJ.  He cares about making this football team better each week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

He sounds like RRRRaider

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

In Response to Source Says Johnson Could End Up A Patriot:
    [QUOTE]     This from Mike Florio, a rather dubious individual when it comes to the Patriots. Florio claims that a "source" told him that, if Larry Johnson clears waivers (as he likely will), and hits the open market, that theres' a good chance BB will take a flier on him: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/10/source-keep-an-eye-on-the-pats-and-larry-johnson/   
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Florio is more wrong than not.....99% wrong to 1% not......this is one of those wrongs......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Source Says Johnson Could End Up A Patriot:
    [QUOTE]He sounds like RRRRaider
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

He sounds like the kind of perp who ends up with a dead woman in his trunk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Source Says Johnson Could End Up A Patriot :      Johnson is owed a ton of money. Don't know whether the 'Skins would be willing to pay him.

Better yet if he's so frustrated about playing for a loser why the hell would he want to go to DC? They're in a two way tie with the Browns for the worst franchise east of the Mississippi.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

If it's ok I'll simply speak to the issue of LJ signing with the Pats.  As was previously mentioned, unless Morris and Taylor are going to be placed on IR soon, I can't understand why this would be a move BB would make.  I don't see him as a Patriot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

[QUOTE]Not a bad idea in principle. Although maroney has been much improved recently, we're one play away from having no running back at all. faulk and law firm are flat out not every down backs for a playoff contending team. I think it could work provided that he's signed to a corey dillion type contract, where its very clear up front that one wrong move gets him cut immediately.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE] unclealfie...I completely agree with you  !! I fully understand there are those who are concerned about his off field issues... This very well may be a frustration for being on a  perrenial losing club.....Regardless we all know his contract would include a behavior clause ...that would allow us to cut him loose at any time  !!! The bottom line is winning  and if he can help us between the white lines we are cheating ourselves if we don't take a shot with this guy.....Bottom line he is an all-pro back !!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

According to Adam Schefter of NFL.com, RB Larry Johnson has cleared waivers, and is free to sign with any team he chooses. The teams rumored to have interest are the Houston Texans, Washington Redskins, and New England Patriots. Johnson would likely be the starting RB in Houston: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/10/report-texans-favorites-for-larry-johnson/      

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'd rather we not sign him, but I assume even if we did want him we would see if he clear waivers so that we can cut a new contract with him.  I doubt the Pats had any interest in him at his current contract price.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I'd rather we not sign him, but I assume even if we did want him we would see if he clear waivers so that we can cut a new contract with him.  I doubt the Pats had any interest in him at his current contract price.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

As I stated above, Johnson has cleared waivers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I would take 10 Mike Vicks over 1 LJ. This guy who does not get it and thinks he can throw tandrums when he does not get his way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Source Says Johnson Could End Up A Patriot:
    [QUOTE]     This from Mike Florio, a rather dubious individual when it comes to the Patriots. Florio claims that a "source" told him that, if Larry Johnson clears waivers (as he likely will), and hits the open market, that theres' a good chance BB will take a flier on him: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/10/source-keep-an-eye-on-the-pats-and-larry-johnson/   

Was his source choircontrarian? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

Dont believe a thing Florio says. The man should change his name to Bemis because he talks more crap than a toilet bowl.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Let he who is without sin cast the firts stone.

It's football not a critical National Security position.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

[QUOTE]I would take 10 Mike Vicks over 1 LJ. This guy who does not get it and thinks he can throw tandrums when he does not get his way.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE] unfortunately there are no perfect people in this world including me which is why I try not to set myself up in judgement of people!! Larry Johnson is an All-Pro back if he plays to his potential !!! Would you refuse to take Ray Lewis if he was availible ??? I certainly wouldn't !!Have you ever seen Peyton Manning with a girl ?? If he was in the closet running on two currents would your morals not allow you to let him play for the Patriots ??? Come on with all your pre-requisites to play for the Patriots !!! If his priorities are not to play to his potential while on the field of play B.B will get rid of him!! In the meantime whether we take him or not if he can't help us win he will cut himself loose with his performance !! If he becomes a malcontent same solution !!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Let he who is without...

"Waving a gun at his GF.
    Pushing a woman to the ground.
    Spitting a drink on a woman.
    Slapping a woman in a club.

Then in a five day span . . . .
    Calling his coach a 'golf scholarship coach.'
    Calling the media f_gs.
    Then doing it again"

... cast the first stone.

Is Lawrence Phillips still available?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Source Says Johnson Could End Up A Patriot : unfortunately there are no perfect people in this world including me which is why I try not to set myself up in judgement of people!! Larry Johnson is an All-Pro back if he plays to his potential !!! Would you refuse to take Ray Lewis if he was availible ??? I certainly wouldn't !!Have you ever seen Peyton Manning with a girl ?? If he was in the closet running on two currents would your morals not allow you to let him play for the Patriots ??? Come on with all your pre-requisites to play for the Patriots !!! If his priorities are not to play to his potential while on the field of play B.B will get rid of him!! In the meantime whether we take him or not if he can't help us win he will cut himself loose with his performance !! If he becomes a malcontent same solution !!
    Posted by flip781[/QUOTE]
    I don't really apply moral standard on players. It is more that he does not like to listen and likes to blame others. He also throw temper tandrums.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Antwoin Smith, Corey Dillon, Sammy Morris, Fred Taylor, and now LJ?

Why not?

With the RBs they already have LJ could get 5-10 carries a game and with fresh legs shows us why he was an all pro.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

Pioli released him because he is a bad seed with a big mouth, and Pioli worked for us last year so why would you sign a guy that was released (not traded) by a guy you trusted to make your personnel decisions for almost a decade.
       RIDICULOUS RUMOR

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

dshort has a great point.  Pioli is the one who, most likely, decided to release LJ.  If he were still in NE, would he sign him now?  Most likely not.   Knowing the relationship between he and BB, if Pioli felt LJ doesn't cut it, I seriously doubt BB would think otherwise.  Unless someone thinks the Pats are desperate for another RB. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

[QUOTE]Pioli released him because he is a bad seed with a big mouth, and Pioli worked for us last year so why would you sign a guy that was released (not traded) by a guy you trusted to make your personnel decisions for almost a decade.    RIDICULOUS RUMOR
    Posted by dshort3333[/QUOTE]

Personally I could care less about Johnson but, it's all relative.

Hypothetical:

If I were a photographer assigned to photograph hunters clubbing to death baby seals
    in Greenland in January, I would be miserable with a bad attitude.

Now if I was assigned to photograph the Center Fold for January's Playboy Mag on a beach in Maui, I would be a very happy S.O.B.

Your attitude is influenced by your environment.  Just because Pioli cut him doesn't necessarily mean he wouldn't flourish somewhere else say like NE.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]Pioli released him because he is a bad seed with a big mouth, and Pioli worked for us last year so why would you sign a guy that was released (not traded) by a guy you trusted to make your personnel decisions for almost a decade.    RIDICULOUS RUMOR
    Posted by dshort3333[/QUOTE]

Because they guy that just released him is trying to rebuild a franchise and build a culture of winning and so cannot allow a malcontented player to influence the new guys. The Pats on the other hand have a well established franchise and, more importantly, a well established lockeroom that would put a malcontented player in his place.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

LJ would be a bad seed where ever he goes. He first started getting into trouble back when KC was not as bad as tehy are and still had a shot. Back when Trent Green was playing well so clearly its not just a winning thing. he is simply a bad person. And the Krafts wont have him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Source Says Johnson Could End Up A Patriot : Personally I could care less about Johnson but, it's all relative. Hypothetical: If I were a photographer assigned to photograph hunters clubbing to death baby seals in Greenland in January, I would be miserable with a bad attitude. Now if I was assigned to photograph the Center Fold for January's Playboy Mag on a beach in Maui, I would be a very happy S.O.B. Your attitude is influenced by your environment.  Just because Pioli cut him doesn't necessarily mean he wouldn't flourish somewhere else say like NE.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Great Reply K-max. Winning cures all ailments. If we sign him it would help the team. He is an NFL caliber RB with lots of experience. Can't compare the situation in KC to the one in N.E. Corey Dillion basically whined his way out of Cinci and while he might have been a better player at that stage of his career then LJ is now the situation is no different.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Source Says Johnson Could End Up A Patriot : Well, thanks for reading and replying to my post anyway, even though you don't care.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

I thought it was interesting, Mike, so thanks.

Sections
Shortcuts