SOURCES confirmed PATS still have $14m left somehow to spend.. i see a megastar coming thru those doors before training camp!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Well it's not quite 14 mil but it's so close rounding up is ok.According to everything I've read after Vollmer signed they had someplace between 13.4-13.7,in any case your right they have some wiggle room to manuever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Well it's not quite 14 mil but it's so close rounding up is ok.According to everything I've read after Vollmer signed they had someplace between 13.4-13.7,in any case your right they have some wiggle room to manuever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

b it a trade or a free agent like namdi A or even an abraham.. pats have a lot of cards to play.. like where we are.. plus before the season, we can still make moves with guys like arrington or dowling depending on how the draft and camp go

moving arrington and dowling??  Where to NFL Europe? I thought they ended that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Is that $14M before or after you factor in the $ that'll be needed to sign their draft class?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Is that $14M before or after you factor in the $ that'll be needed to sign their draft class?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

b it a trade or a free agent like namdi A or even an abraham.. pats have a lot of cards to play.. like where we are.. plus before the season, we can still make moves with guys like arrington or dowling depending on how the draft and camp go

Namdi isn't a Megastar anymore and is NOT a fit here.  He can't tackle either....no thanks. 

Abraham is on hole 19, and the Pats offer (if he got one) was probably so low is why he is still out there ....He maybe hoping to make more,,, still hope though he signs here - b/c  we do NEED PASS RUSHERS!

Megastar to me, is Larry Fitzgerald.  If you mentioned him, NOW your talking!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Namdi isn't a Megastar anymore and is NOT a fit here.  He can't tackle either....no thanks. 

Abraham is on hole 19, and the Pats offer (if he got one) was probably so low is why he is still out there ....He maybe hoping to make more,,, still hope though he signs here - b/c  we do NEED PASS RUSHERS!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

I suppose Tom Brady usually does report to camp early. He's as megastar as this team is going to get. Ill admit its nice to see the Pats still have $$$ because they still have needs to address. 

Go Pats!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

and we're stil holding out for a bargain,and thus might lose out.

we need another top cb and pass rusher in fa

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Great that we have 14M, but ... doubt there are any superstars coming through that door.

Set aside about $3M to cover the 5 draft picks/UDFAs and another 5M for camp and in-season manouvering and the 14M becomes 6M pretty quickly.

They must bring in a couple of WRs which will probably knock another 1-2M off their cap when figuring 'top51' rule. So now you are down to 4.5M say.

And they probably want to look at a DL, OL, and CB with that money out of the remaining FAs. So ... they can average about 2M per player (again factoring the 'top51' roll off of salaries.) No a whole lot of superstars out there at 2M price tags!

And if they still are thinking of Sanders that would cut seriously into anything above, and while I like him, he aint no superstar yet.

I suspect we will see a number of FAs signing by the Pats at or just above vet minimum and maybe not until after the draft. There may be a couple signed in that 2M range.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from braunzy. Show braunzy's posts

no way no how on fitzgerald. not going to spend 14m on a wr.. even with moss, remember how he almost left because we wouldnt budge on 3 years and 21m? we will never pay a wr more than 9m.. period!

I agree, though I think BB would love to have Fitz, there is no way is he trading a pick and paying all that money for him.

If the Patriots were to trade for a Cardinals receiver the more likely one I think would be Andre Roberts, who would be great here, but I don't see Arizona trading him. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from braunzy. Show braunzy's posts

no way no how on fitzgerald. not going to spend 14m on a wr.. even with moss, remember how he almost left because we wouldnt budge on 3 years and 21m? we will never pay a wr more than 9m.. period!

I agree, though I think BB would love to have Fitz, there is no way is he trading a pick and paying all that money for him.

If the Patriots were to trade for a Cardinals receiver the more likely one I think would be Andre Roberts, who would be great here, but I don't see Arizona trading him. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from braunzy. Show braunzy's posts

I agree, although I think BB would love to have Fitz, there is no way is he trading a pick and paying him all that money.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from braunzy. Show braunzy's posts

Sorry for all the posts! they were not on purpose!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

Just a friendly reminder fellas.............

Clicking the refresh button when the add your post button freezes will solve your multipost issues. Peace. Go Pats!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

Great that we have 14M, but ... doubt there are any superstars coming through that door.

Set aside about $3M to cover the 5 draft picks/UDFAs and another 5M for camp and in-season manouvering and the 14M becomes 6M pretty quickly.

They must bring in a couple of WRs which will probably knock another 1-2M off their cap when figuring 'top51' rule. So now you are down to 4.5M say.

And they probably want to look at a DL, OL, and CB with that money out of the remaining FAs. So ... they can average about 2M per player (again factoring the 'top51' roll off of salaries.) No a whole lot of superstars out there at 2M price tags!

And if they still are thinking of Sanders that would cut seriously into anything above, and while I like him, he aint no superstar yet.

I suspect we will see a number of FAs signing by the Pats at or just above vet minimum and maybe not until after the draft. There may be a couple signed in that 2M range.

6 mil could pick up grimes or grimes and abraham with some maneuvering of numbers. not top mention fork maneuverign if needed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

If you minus the 6 million for draft picks, that will leave 7-8 million left. Factor in leaving a couple of million on the books for Team cuts after the draft and the Pats have around 5 million to sign someone they deem worthy,(Edelmen,Abraham?).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

If you minus the 6 million for draft picks, that will leave 7-8 million left. Factor in leaving a couple of million on the books for Team cuts after the draft and the Pats have around 5 million to sign someone they deem worthy,(Edelmen,Abraham?).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Sorry for the triple the message board didnt show it posting?