special-team's coaching

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

special-team's coaching

A tid-bit of information from a Reiss article leads to an interesting question. After the PATS lost their special teams coach who had the special teams ranked 7th of 32 teams in the NFL, why did they choose Scott O'Brien as special teams coach when his special teams in Denver was ranked 31st? Must be more to it than meets the eye.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

special-team's coaching

From what I've read O'Brien has had many years with very good special teams units in the NFL. One year in which they underperformed doesn't really mean too much to me. The players have a lot to do with it as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

special-team's coaching

Dustcover, I think you answered your own question. A good reference goes a lot farther than an impressive resume. Every good manager knows that the best employees come from referrals. BB prob trusts the guy, knows the guy.... Thats far more important than how his Denver ST units performed (as their are way too many variables in performance to judge solely on that)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

special-team's coaching

No need to worry. Players are much more important to the success of a unit then the coach. I can't for the life of me remember Seely making one play the entire time he was the coach.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

special-team's coaching

O'Brien was ST coach of the year in 1994 when he was with the Browns working for Belichick. He had one of teh worst units in the league last year but he has history with BB and that is always a plus when selecting a new coach.

You know who i would love to see coaching the Pats D though? I know this is random but i wish Nick Saben would come in and be the DC for the Pats. I have never liked Pees and Saben to me is a really good DC for this team. I know this was random but i just thought i would see what you think.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

special-team's coaching

Good point kmaxx

Remember Rodney was over the hill when he left SD. SD and the Fins had no place for Seau. But both came here. Did an outstanding job!!! Now most of us wish they would stay the way they arrived here for ever.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

special-team's coaching

I did'nt think I could ever defend Pees. But the players he's working with could be some of the reason for the bend but don't break approach. We have'nt been known for D schemes or wicked blitz's for a couple of years's. Who would have thought this year at LB we would have two rookies inside with a back up outside. Knowing LB's are the play makers in the 3-4 D. You know the Pats D the hardest D in the league to learn. O'Neal= death at CB and Sanders (nobody's home) over the top. Sanders should at least be in the shot half the time that Hobb's is beaten deep.

Just my thought's sorry

Sections
Shortcuts