Special Teams?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Special Teams?

Maybe I am mis-remembering the pre-season games, but with last nights poor showing on special teams (ie - duped on fake punt, and giving up a big punt return), I seem to recall thinking to myself on several occasions during the pre-season that our coverage has not looked very strong.  It may be a matter of testing out players and having different bodies on the field, and I will admit I don't recall on each special team gaffe what players were out there.  I try to stay somewhat positive, so I don't think this is a huge problem, it was just an aspect of the team that didn't look solid to me.  It was one thing that stuck with me as I watched the pre-season.  Anyone else notice this?  If not....this thread can fade into oblivion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Special Teams?

I'm glad it happened now jeff because you know it not happening again. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Look bad last night. Hope BB chewed off enough asss to get the message through taht that kind of play is unacceptable

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

I hope this makes you feel a little better:

The big play they gave up involved Ventrone flying down the field and running right by Jerginson (or whatever that returners name was.)  I'm not sure if anyone thinks Ventrone is going to make the team.  The globe's countdown to 53 article has him as a player to be cut.  As for the fake punt, it was wierd to see Tate blown by so easily.  Tate is also listed as a player to be cut by the globe, and, I think, by many on here.

I was just wondering if Ihedelgo (spelling?) will make the team.  I don't know how he is at safety, but I thought he was a positive standout on special teams last night.  He was in on a play where the first tackler missed and he readjusted, closed, and made a solid tackle.  He could be a player who makes the roster to help on special teams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Slater,White and Ihedigbo make the team because they can do more than just play ST's.Slater beat out Tate by a large margin. White is a solid ST and back up OLB and of course Ihedigbo plays safety. I just wonder if Molden did enough on ST's to warrant BB keeping him,I only ask because he played a very good DB last night...3 passes targeted in his area 2 passes defended and one tackle at the point of reception. Another guy who might be OK is Underwood he can definately catch the ball.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Molden replaces Butler. White makes it. I personally didn't see anything out of Ihedigbo *sp* worth keeping him Barret takes his place.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i say we bring back brad seely

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Special teams is not as big a concern anymore on kickoffs thanks to the new rules. Punt return and punt coverage are crucial this year. We must give Edelman punt return duties IMO!