Special Teams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Special Teams

The Pats are trying to accomplish an improvement on their 30th-ranked kick return unit (20.5-yard average), and Washington should help.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2013/08/leon_washington_brings_help_to_return_game

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Special Teams

Washington and Edelman will be dynamic to New England if they both stay healthy. Haven't had a  good return game since Hobbs left.

There are 32 reasons not to throw the deep ball against the New England Patriots this season, they all end in "Because Devin McCourty will INT it".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

If we see DMC back there we’re screwed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

lmao. I can't remember, didn't DMC return one for a TD last year?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

lmao. I can't remember, didn't DMC return one for a TD last year?

[/QUOTE]

Yes he did run one back and never crossed the 19 yard line prior to or after that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I was off base in my off season criticism of the Washngton signing. from what I have seen in camp, he stil has all of his speed, very sure hands, and is smart in the lanes he chooses....I was wrong, and I look forward to Washington proving me so all season

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I was off base in my off season criticism of the Washngton signing. from what I have seen in camp, he stil has all of his speed, very sure hands, and is smart in the lanes he chooses....I was wrong, and I look forward to Washington proving me so all season

especially when Demps was given the boot....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

From the two days of camp that I attended I would have to say that Washington looked like as good a return man as I've ever seen with the Pats . . . not only that I loved the way the guy gave 100% on every play and exercise.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

if he can maintain his 29 average...it's still 8-9 yards more than the team average did last year. Ranked 30ish in 2012....seems like the only direction is up

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

George Allen years back in an interview said 1 Special Team play in a game will impact it 75% of the games played, in a season. He's right.

For all the plays the Offense and Defense does in a game, 1 Special Team play could lose it or win it. Keep an eye on it during season.

Allen was absolutely obsessed about Special Teams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I seen him live three times last year and he never got stoped before the thirty... That is way I was baffled why everyone was so down on him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

[QUOTE]

I seen him live three times last year and he never got stoped before the thirty... That is way I was baffled why everyone was so down on him.

[/QUOTE]

I did not see him much last year, and I assumed age had caught up with him, especially if the SeaHawks were walking away from him. I was impressed with his speed at camp...top 10 fastest guy in camp imo...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[/QUOTE]

I did not see him much last year, and I assumed age had caught up with him, especially if the SeaHawks were walking away from him. I was impressed with his speed at camp...top 10 fastest guy in camp imo...

[/QUOTE]

I think we can get a good year out of him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

The Pats are trying to accomplish an improvement on their 30th-ranked kick return unit (20.5-yard average), and Washington should help.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2013/08/leon_washington_brings_help_to_return_game

Every year I look at the blocking on the kick return team. ANd during preseason and workouts open to the public I look at how they are being coached. In past years, including last year, the blocking was almost always suspect. Our few big returns the blocking was solid. But the coaching and the blocking have been suspect. A better returner helps of course. ANd there is NO substitution for a really good or great one. But I really do not like the coaching of the kick return unit at all. It lloks like BB has put stock in ST players but not ST coaches. At leaast it seems that way to me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

The rules have changed with the kick return, but punts and  O & D on field goals and extra points are as important as ever.  Remember when Big Sey, Troy Brown, and Larry Whigham changed a few games as  Pro-bowlers that played on special teams?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

In response to krismk's comment:

The rules have changed with the kick return, but punts and  O & D on field goals and extra points are as important as ever.  Remember when Big Sey, Troy Brown, and Larry Whigham changed a few games as  Pro-bowlers that played on special teams?

Also, I remembered Corwin Brown.

Sections
Shortcuts