Speculation One Week Later

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Speculation One Week Later

Reading between the lines of the few reports we get and using past history as a guide (always risky) I get the feeling that things are not going to be horrible for AH.

First, the DA and AH's attorney seem to be getting along fine.  Sure, no charges have come forward yet, but the attorney has to know the story by now and what the charges are likely to be.  (BTW: Don't you love an attorney named "Fee").  AH's attorney is no rube.  That's a very high-profile firm. 

Here's one account of the mutual respect being shown:

In one development of sorts Monday, Hernandez's attorney and District Attorney Sam Sutter traded compliments.

Michael K. Fee's statement regarding the "flood of rumors, misinformation and false reports" about his client praised Sutter's office, saying, "None of these false reports came from official sources and we appreciated the professionalism and restraint shown by the Bristol County District Attorney's Office to date with regard to its public statements while its investigation is under way."

Sutter, in turn, released a brief statement Monday night saying, "Those of us who are involved in this ongoing investigation appreciate the positive remarks about our professionalism."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/25/us/massachusetts-aaron-hernandez/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

And Fee is going out of his way to say that the leaks/bad reports did not come from official sources.   That's not what a defense attorney would typically say.

We even have AH's barber saying that AH is in good spirits.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Speculation One Week Later

I dont think any one thought he pulled the trigger...right.

However it falls, even if AH is not charged, you have to assume that Goodall is looking at at least 8 games. Too much has been dredged up about AH for Goodall to look the other way (and I assume Kraft/BB as well)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I think Hernandez has played this right.  I even heard on a news show that IF he destroyed his phone and surveillance system, he had every right to do so.  Circumstantially, he's toast if there is truth to his house being scrubbed and the destruction of his electronics, BUT the authorities will be hard pressed to charge him without evidence. 

The authorities are playing this right with the initial leaks to see if they could get any of the 3 to talk.  When that didn't happen, they've clammed up.  At some point these guys are going to have to be interviewed, but it appears that the cops are waiting until they get everything they can and build a case before that happens. 

Meanwhile, I think its interesting that we've heard nothing about the other two guys. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Rothlsberg wasnt charged but Goodall gave hin 6 games

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

However it falls, even if AH is not charged, you have to assume that Goodall is looking at at least 8 games. Too much has been dredged up about AH for Goodall to look the other way (and I assume Kraft/BB as well)

First of all it's Goodell and Goodell did nothing to Marvie Harrison in 2008, so Goodell can't do anything to Hernandez.  That's how he works. He waits for charges and a court case with a verdict before acting.

First of all, its Marvin, not Marvie. And Harrison was not in the NFL when his problems were made public. He was a free agent at that time

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Rothlsberg wasnt charged but Goodall gave hin 6 games

That's because he had previous off field incidents in the NFL. Didn't he get into a car accident with his motorcycle where he was at fault for reckless driving or something?

No, it was a simple accident where he got the worst of it and missed time/games

Hernandez has never been in trouble for 3 years.  I also, don't even beleive that coke dealers story down in Miami, either.  The police HAVE to file a report when an incident occurs, even if the victim doesn;t want help. There was no report filed.

Too many issues involving guns...Miami...Club Desires in Providence...Thayer street in Providence. Goodall gives him time off if the leghal system doesn't

Smelly. 

Also, learn to read. It is Goodell, not Goodall. It's not Jane Goodall.

Kind of like Marvie, huh?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Ben was not at fault. An 85 yr old blue haired lady cut him off. Recall she was from Maine. If it wasn't the quick work by the EMTs, Ben would have bled out. Recall that also.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

First of all it's Goodell and Goodell did nothing to Marvie Harrison in 2008, so Goodell can't do anything to Hernandez.  That's how he works. He waits for charges and a court case with a verdict before acting.

Russ - Someone already correctly stated that Harrison was out of the league.  Goodell can't impose a penalty on someone who isn't in the league.  It'd be no different than Goodell not being able to suspend Joe Namath for trying to kiss Suzy Kolber on national TV.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

I think Hernandez has played this right.  I even heard on a news show that IF he destroyed his phone and surveillance system, he had every right to do so.  Circumstantially, he's toast if there is truth to his house being scrubbed and the destruction of his electronics, BUT the authorities will be hard pressed to charge him without evidence. 

The authorities are playing this right with the initial leaks to see if they could get any of the 3 to talk.  When that didn't happen, they've clammed up.  At some point these guys are going to have to be interviewed, but it appears that the cops are waiting until they get everything they can and build a case before that happens. 

Meanwhile, I think its interesting that we've heard nothing about the other two guys. 

I find it incredibly suspicious that the other two guys haven't been identified at least with the police putting out the video they supposedly have of them. How can you ONLY focus on Hernandez especially when you have no weapon yet?  Isn't the weapon the key to getting the actual trigger man?

Why on earth are they not concerned about the other 2? Is it because it's easier to focus on Hernandez since he's famous?

I am fully aware he's involved to the degree if being with the vitcim at some point that night and the car rented in his name, but that also doesn't mean he killed Lloyd.  So, the police are satisifed with only questioning Hernandez and raiding his house for 6 hours and scuba diving in a stream with a metal detector?

Maybe the FBI needs to step in to ratchet up the police work? lol

I'm sure the other two have been identified, but the media doesn't care about them yet because they are not celebrity superstars like Hernandez.  Further, the body was found near Hernandez's house, so the investigation is focused in that area. 

I also believe that the police are putting extra pressure on Hernandez because he's the one with a future (if these other guys are thugs).  Everything that is going on right now makes sense. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I find it incredibly suspicious that the other two guys haven't been identified at least with the police putting out the video they supposedly have of them. How can you ONLY focus on Hernandez especially when you have no weapon yet?  Isn't the weapon the key to getting the actual trigger man?

Why on earth are they not concerned about the other 2? Is it because it's easier to focus on Hernandez since he's famous?

I am fully aware he's involved to the degree if being with the vitcim at some point that night and the car rented in his name, but that also doesn't mean he killed Lloyd.  So, the police are satisifed with only questioning Hernandez and raiding his house for 6 hours and scuba diving in a stream with a metal detector?

Maybe the FBI needs to step in to ratchet up the police work? lol

I'm sure the other two have been identified, but the media doesn't care about them yet because they are not celebrity superstars like Hernandez.  Further, the body was found near Hernandez's house, so the investigation is focused in that area. 

I also believe that the police are putting extra pressure on Hernandez because he's the one with a future (if these other guys are thugs).  Everything that is going on right now makes sense. 

If the media were given the names of the other 2 (if indeed there were 2 others), we'd be told.  It's not that they don't care.  Have you seen some of the logs on this site and elsewhere?  We are being told about the most mundane things imagineable.  I believe that law enforcement knows all the individuals by now, but probably has been careful about leaking the names to the media.   That would also give AH some cover with the "thugs".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

This whole thing has gotten a ton more attention that Marvin Harrison's deal a while ago.  If Herny somehow gets out of this without doing jail time, he will be lucky.  I can't imagine Goodell not handing down a fairly lengthy suspension after all of the negative press that this thing has gotten.  If Hernandez gets his name cleared and only gets an 8 game suspension, I would say he is really, really lucky.  He is surely not out of the woods yet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

He didn't do anything to Marvie when Marvie choked a ball boy in front of 60,000 people or when he attacked an autograph seeker at the Pro Bowl.

It's Rogie Goodell here. He never makes sense.

Marvie?  Are you talking about Marvie Beck?  I thought she was an award winning hair stylist and makeup artist.  I din't know she was involved in American football.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

And Rogie?... Vachon? The old Bruins goalie? I didn't know he had a football connection either...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I don't see anything so far that amounts to anything remotely conclusive. They walked out of his house with some bags the other day. Do these harm him, or was he helping them nab somebody else?

Either way, it could go bad for AH. If he cooperates and that takes heat off him then he doesn't have to worry about the cops, but maybe he does have to worry about the gang.

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I don't see anything so far that amounts to anything remotely conclusive. They walked out of his house with some bags the other day. Do these harm him, or was he helping them nab somebody else?

Either way, it could go bad for AH. If he cooperates and that takes heat off him then he doesn't have to worry about the cops, but maybe he does have to worry about the gang.

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

good point...is AH not saying anything, even though he is 100% innocent, because he is afraid of the other guys?

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Russ - Retirement is just a word.  If a man is without a contract he is not in the league - retired or not.  Brett Favre retired and he came back. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Harrison was sued by Dwight Dixon, a convicted drug dealer who was shot outside Chuckie's Garage, a North Philadelphia business owned by Harrison, on April 29, 2008.[6][7] The two men had two altercations earlier in the day when Harrison denied Dixon entry into a sports bar he owned and operated. Dixon alleged that Harrison was the gunman who shot at him. On January 6, 2009, Philadelphia District Attorney Lynne Abraham confirmed that it was Harrison's gun that fired shots at Dixon but they had been unable to determine who pulled the trigger.[8]

The Philadelphia District Attorney also stated that she was not going to pursue charges in this case due to conflicting witness statements. Dixon, who had initially given the police a false name and claimed he was robbed by two men when interviewed at the hospital,[9] was subsequently convicted of filing a false report for this incident on January 28, 2009. He was sentenced to 6 months probation. Dixon's attorney reportedly sought a new trial as the conviction violated Dixon's parole in an unrelated case.[10] Harrison is also being sued by Robert Nixon, a victim caught in the crossfire of the shooting who identified Harrison as the shooter in a statement to police.[11]

Dixon died on July 21, 2009 when he was shot several times while in his car outside a building two blocks away from Harrison's sports bar. On June 16, 2010, Shaun Assael of ESPN The Magazine reports that police confiscated a 9mm handgun from Harrison during a routine traffic stop on Wednesday in Philadelphia. Police will test the gun to see if it matches three spent 9mm shell casings that ended up inside the truck driven by the late Dwight Dixon at the scene of an April 2008 shooting. Dixon, who eventually was shot and killed after filing a civil lawsuit, claimed that the casings came from a second gun that Harrison fired. Authorities already have matched other bullets to a separate gun that Harrison owns—and that he admitted was in his possession on the day the shooting occurred. Police found the gun during a search of Harrison's Escalade. The stop occurred as Harrison drove the vehicle the wrong way on a one-way street. Harrison claimed he did not have a gun. But police believed they saw Harrison put what appeared to be a weapon in the console between the two front seats. They concluded that they had probable cause to search the vehicle, and they found the gun.[12] The FBI has become involved in the investigation.

Sections
Shortcuts