Spikes $21k lighter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Spikes $21k lighter

For that ugly, blindside cheapshot on Chandler.

I hope to not see any more plays like that from this team.

I really like Spikes, but I hated that play as soon as I saw it, he was fortunate the refs obviously missed it.

As a side note...it's an embarrassment how Buffalo never called that a concussion, and even worse the league doesn't do anything about it.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Spikes $21k lighter

I think it was for it being to the head.  As far as blindside, I've never heard of any such thing in football.  Chandler failing to see a block does not make it dirty.  Chandler was trying to tackle, he's part of the play and fair game for that hit.  Just not in the head.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think the worst part is his comments after receiving the fine - the are almost Warren Sappish.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Blindside hits ARE illegal in football now. It's the "Hines Ward" rule, but works both ways.

He also launched, and hit him in the head. I was figuring 25.

Here's a decent article using a recent play to explain it:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/20/tate-hit-falls-squarely-within-blindside-block-protections/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

So it is, and it says getting hit from behind or parallel is a blindside hit.  In this case Chandler was hit from the front as the video shows.  Personally, I find and definition of Chandler being defenseless a bit weak.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Speaking of big hits, just saw on espn some highlights of one of the Pats playoff wins over the colts. The Patriots DBs were just killing the colts recievers. So fun to watch. 

After this game is when bill polian somewhow had the rules changed on illegal contact and totally changed the NFL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

1- Anyone have a decent quick-link vid to the hit in question?

2- Remember when we were uncomfortably "half-joking" about Wilfork and Spikes getting fined for that bone-jarring VW read bl0wing up that short delayed screen over the middle or BS's upending bar-jarring goal-line crushing it?  Seems like the league-office rule for illegal play goes something like this: "IF you constantly have the physical force and skills to deliver game-altering, trully eye-popping just KILLER impacts in the modern day game of Goodell-ball, We might not get'cha for the very best headline-grabbing ESPN Sunday night D-Highlight'a yours....but trust us, we'll make sure to conjure up, or go out of our way in order to find at least some-thing ta get'cha with..."  

3- What were his actual comments RE: the hit & subsequent fine? 

4- Is mthurl ever going to accept the fact that Brandon Spikes is a good football player, OR Is he going to continually hold over Spikes' head that comment he coyly (read: "jealously") threw out about him some time far back on him, regarding seeing a part of Spikes' U of F sex-vid, and just how large of a male-package BS was packin'?  =Basing the fact that he doesn't like in particular any & every single game-style, game skill-set, and any and every specific play that he's ever been a part in and of on the field- not because of his gameplay per se....but because his d##k is just much too unjustly, simply too big...? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw4dbmvovTM

Upon further review...he did see it coming! But Spikes went WAY to high with that.

I think the original comment of someone saying it was head to head was more correct than 'blindside'. At any rate, that is a good example of "unneccessary roughness".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

To me, that was the epitome of a knucklhead play. In a nutshell, that is why Spikes is not here long term. He is a knucklehead. Assuming Hightower is the real deal, he, not Spikes, will be the 10 year Patriot

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

He went too high, if he hit him in the chest it would have been a textbook block.  So pay the dough and next time aim a little lower.  

Advice: Watch golf if you don't want to see the occasional concussion.        

More advice: If you're playing against the Patriots and 55 is on the field, pay attention.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really like Spikes, but I hated that play as soon as I saw it, he was fortunate the refs obviously missed it.

As a side note...it's an embarrassment how Buffalo never called that a concussion, and even worse the league doesn't do anything about it.

[/QUOTE]

Nice skirt you're wearing you puzzy 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"To me, that was the epitome of a knucklhead play. In a nutshell, that is why Spikes is not here long term. He is a knucklehead. Assuming Hightower is the real deal, he, not Spikes, will be the 10 year Patriot."

Agreed...  Which is why I am forwarding the notion right here and now, To start interviewing former Jeopardy Champions, to man the Middle Linebacker centerpiece of our starting Professional Football D Unit, come 2013.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]"To me, that was the epitome of a knucklhead play. In a nutshell, that is why Spikes is not here long term. He is a knucklehead. Assuming Hightower is the real deal, he, not Spikes, will be the 10 year Patriot."

Agreed...  Which is why I am forwarding the notion right here and now, To start interviewing former Jeopardy Champions, to man the Middle Linebacker centerpiece of our starting Professional Football D Unit, come 2013.
    [/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to harleyroadking12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Translation:

"you am not man. you am female person. you not real fan."

Oh Harley...garage the bike for a while, I think the vibration is effecting your brain.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

He's intense and plays hard, he will probably draw a few more fines during his career. I don't want to see anyone get hurt but it's good to have a guy like spikes out there on defense. He brings an attitude that fires up the whole d.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the worst part is his comments after receiving the fine - the are almost Warren Sappish.

[/QUOTE]

What did he say?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Translation:

"you am not man. you am female person. you not real fan."

Oh Harley...garage the bike for a while, I think the vibration is effecting your brain.

[/QUOTE]

take off your pink hat, put down the wine glass, stop appeasing trolls, and gee close your little eyes incase someone runs into somebody on the field...oh my

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

You're right Harley, I should definitely stop appeasing the trolls.

I should've never responded to you to begin with.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sonny I have been here longer than you so f off pink hat

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

sonny I have been here longer than you so f off pink hat

[/QUOTE]

As evidenced by your 2011 first post.

Oh, right, you had to make a new name because trolls get banned. Right pops?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

It's hard to tell how long someone's been here when they have to create a new account because they can't act like an adult.

And,

F THAT!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I dunno, to me the hit looks like it's shoulder-to-shoulder, and Chandler's head snaps back from the impact to the shoulder.

Sections
Shortcuts