Spikes claims he was IR'ed for injury... debate continues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Spikes claims he was IR'ed for injury... debate continues

Talib comes out and says he was diagnosed with the hip by the team on the report when it was actually his quad... (i call BS).

and now this:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10628852/brandon-spikes-buffalo-bills-refutes-new-england-patriots-reason-putting-ir

Former New England Patriots linebacker Brandon Spikes, who signed with the Buffalo Bills last week, disputed New England's decision and reason for placing him on injured reserve in January.

"I heard they put me on IR and stuff like that. That was just a false report," Spikes said Monday during a radio interview with WGR in Buffalo. "That's just how things go there. Almost like what happened with [Aqib] Talib and his hip.

[+] Enlarge Brandon Spikes' agent said the player "had every intention to keep playing throughout the playoffs."

"That was just from the labor throughout the season, man. It was just -- you know how it is -- it's a tough 16 games. All I needed was rest and rehab."

Talib, who the Patriots listed as having a hip injury last season, also took a shot at New England's injury reporting after signing with the Denver Broncos.

"The Patriots have their way of reporting stuff, but I haven't had a hip problem since Tampa," Talib said Wednesday. "The injury I had was actually a quad injury. It was reported as a hip injury, but that's how they do things."

Spikes dealt with a nagging knee injury last season and was placed on injured reserve Jan. 6, prior to the Patriots' first playoff game. ESPN NFL Insider Chris Mortensen reported the Patriots and Spikes mutually agreed to the IR designation as opposed to an outright release after the linebacker was late to a team meeting that week.

Spikes' agent later denied that it was a joint decision.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Spikes claims he was IR'ed for injury... debate continues

also, Pats fans have been giving Spikes a ton of grief on twitter for his outrages and such...

I found this one funny as hell:

BrandonSpikes51@BrandonSpikes51 Mar 17

@ThePatriotWay Careful,there if the redness in ur face is any indication, ur blood pressures on the rise . ���� #Umadd

then this fan just got him good...

The Patriot Way ‏@ThePatriotWay Mar 17

@BrandonSpikes55 I'm not sure what that means... Maybe English is as foreign to you as pass coverage? ���� #Umad

then...

The Patriot Way@ThePatriotWay Mar 17

I ruined Brandon spikes, made him cry & he blocked me. Where will I see a grown man have rollercoaster emotions like a 12 year old girl now?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Talib is definitely FoS.  The guy has had hip problems for years and he f'ing grabbed his hip during the season.  LMAO.

As for Spikes the quote doesn't make any sense.  What was false?  They DID put him on IR.  If he thinks he wasn't injured I don't think it matters.  The team can do whatever it wants I am pretty sure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Did they file a grievence? I don't remember hearing about it if they did?!

That's all you need to know...Oh, and I'm sure Talib, who also wanted to add his 2 cents worth about the Pats injury list practices, was kept out of the AFC championship game because he wasn't injured, right?

Typical modern players...don't get their way and cry once they get out of town...good luck with your new teams, with the tundra of Buffalo and the being thrown under the bus by Horseface when the Donkies don't win a SB this year!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

i think he meant the "stuff like that" was the false report meaning he missed a meeting and BB said bye-bye

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Personally I don't trust anything Spikes says, I think he is trying to make himself look better and that's it. What's he going to say now at this point? Yeah they ir'd me because I have an attitude problem and I am a bit lazy too, but don't worry buffalo you'll find all that out soon enough. That what he's going to say?

Things should get real interesting in buffalo, especially after Spikes lets a third and nine sail over his head for a first down. I'll bet he'll sit there on the sidelines and think...it's alright, our hall of fame quarterback will just bail us out. Only to find out that won't happen. I'm sure he'll just try to unwind by going out into the robust Buffalo nightlife...before he realizes there isn't one. Could this guy of picked a worse city to play in? I guess Detroit, but other than that I can't think of one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

BB is known for fudging injury reports. He's not the only coach who does it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

who's bustchise?  Alas, another myth perpetuated by the biggest liar on the board.

BB fudges the injury reports all the time, like many other coaches.  It's no secret. It's not news.