Spikes fined 25K for Fitzpatricia hit.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Spikes fined 25K for Fitzpatricia hit.

Expected a fine since even accidental contact is called, but since it was Fitz ducked and was attempting to curl into the fetal position to suck his thumb.  I figured it would be the minimum.  Too bad the NFL feels common sense can't be used across the board. 

Mayo and Denard also got fines.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: Spikes fined 25K for Fitzpatricia hit.

I guess the owners are looking to claw back every penny they can get after the CBA

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

I am not positive but I think the fine money goes to charity.

I think so too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

want to start a site where fans can contribute to a fund to pay those fines.... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

BTW, I loved the hit, thought it was a BS call!!!  Worth every penny of the 25k (especially since it's not my money) hahahaha!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Reputation fine...  2nd offender...  All that crap.

The hit wasn't a hit.  It was a facemask to facemask tackle.  No leading with head.  No lowering of head.  Helmet cam off because chinstrap was undone.

Classic wussy call that gets guys like Golic all worked up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

It looked like his helmet came off when it hit the ground, and yea chinstrap was undone!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

BTW, I loved the hit, thought it was a BS call!!!  Worth every penny of the 25k (especially since it's not my money) hahahaha!!

jeez it was a freakin sack, that's all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I think the fine has more to do with a shot across Spikes bow to try and get him in check than actually equate to what the hit was as the league is starting to view him as a "Ruffian".  I don't believe he made head to head contact on purpose as Fitz brought his head down in the last instant.  Also it wasn't the head to head that removed the helmet, it was Spikes chest dragging across his helmet when they went to the ground. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

and Arians making  noise about players taking cheap shots to Luck s head--looks like the refs will be paying a lot of attention to the Pats defense today esp after the Spikes hit last week.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8648254/andrew-luck-indianapolis-colts-taking-cheap-shots-head-bruce-arians-says

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

The league looks at these hits before issuing fines even when a penalty is not called.

Although I don't agree with the call or the fine they obviously made up their minds about the hit.

Now Spikes is forced to appeal and maybe convince the league he wasn't trying to take Fitzy's head off.

The league throws these fines around like confetti.   It's ridiculous.

Why don't they just change the rule to once the qb is touched then it's automatically a sack. That looks like the direction it's going.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Rich Gannon Rich GannonVerified @RichGannon12

The NFL is out of control with these fines they are slapping on players each week. Just check out the amounts (25-50K) for simple things.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

that was a great hit, the only reason that dopes' helmet came off is because he didnt button his chinstrap.....which brings up something else, if anything, fitz should have been penalized for not wearing his equipment properly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

Expected a fine since even accidental contact is called, but since it was Fitz ducked and was attempting to curl into the fetal position to suck his thumb.  I figured it would be the minimum.  Too bad the NFL feels common sense can't be used across the board. 

Mayo and Denard also got fines.

The NFL didn't say it but I also heard rumors that they were upset about The hit Spikes made on Fred Jackson and then flexed his biceps afterwards while Jackson was in  La-La land. That could have played into the size of fine. I say keep making the hits. He can afford it.

Sections
Shortcuts