3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Spikes put on IR due to being late to meetings

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

just admit Mort was right would ya already

Mort was not right. Whether or not he was late or not, he was going to IR. PLain and simple. His premise was that the main reason to go to IR was that he was late.

That's not true.

I know you have a serious learning disability, but don't make that the board's problem.

[/QUOTE

Nonsense. His agent insists they didnt want IR and he doesnt need surgery. You cant possibly think that the PATS are SIMPLY protecting a player who they have no plans in keeping??? Who's dense??? If Spikes attitude was right they'd have him on the field. Collins has been ready. Spikes screwed up. PERIOD. NOW PLEASE, stop being so stubborn. 

That's because the agent is posturing trying to get leverage for his client. If it's known Spikes missed a meeting or had an attitude like this after playing through the PCL, it will hurt his leverage.

There is no point in wasting a spot for a guy you know you won't use, when you can use one elsewhere, like D Line or whatever else.

Did you just ask me who is dense?

lol

It ain't me I can tell ya that.  I admire Spikes's willingness to play and continue to play, but after seeing him go down for good vs BUffalo, it just wasn't meant to be.

No one is the above the team. Period. If BB thinks J'Garred Davis as a 4th LB can be more effective than Spikes on one leg, then so be it.

LOL!  If Spikes' attitude was right they'd have him on the team for at the very least, roster depth. Nevermind the fact that 3-weeks break before the Super Bowl could work wonders. IR makes no sense for his condition. You cant be serious. Collins has been ready. Spikes screwed up.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Mort was not right. Whether or not he was late or not, he was going to IR. PLain and simple. His premise was that the main reason to go to IR was that he was late.

That's not true.

I know you have a serious learning disability, but don't make that the board's problem.

[/QUOTE

Nonsense. His agent insists they didnt want IR and he doesnt need surgery. You cant possibly think that the PATS are SIMPLY protecting a player who they have no plans in keeping??? Who's dense??? If Spikes attitude was right they'd have him on the field. Collins has been ready. Spikes screwed up. PERIOD. NOW PLEASE, stop being so stubborn. 

That's because the agent is posturing trying to get leverage for his client. If it's known Spikes missed a meeting or had an attitude like this after playing through the PCL, it will hurt his leverage.

There is no point in wasting a spot for a guy you know you won't use, when you can use one elsewhere, like D Line or whatever else.

lol

It ain't me I can tell ya that.  I admire Spikes's willingness to play and continue to play, but after seeing him go down for good vs BUffalo, it just wasn't meant to be.

No one is the above the team. Period. If BB thinks J'Garred Davis as a 4th LB can be more effective than Spikes on one leg, then so be it.

LOL!  If Spikes attitude was right they'd have him on the team for at the very least, roster depth. Nevermind the fact that 3-weeks break before the Super Bowl couls work winders. IR makes no sense for his condition. You cant be serious. Collins has been ready. Spikes screwed up.

I think Spikes didn't like being told he wasn't going to be used in the next two games if it was Indy (no run game) and Denver in particular. That's what I think.

And, I also think his worsening tear on that Week 17 collapse would have made his injury the worst it's been.

The amount of pressure he's been putting it already, trying to battle through it and not being himself was probably maxed out.

Why can't just accept that?

With Siliga here, BB can play some 3-4 with Hightower not doing the Mayo role in the 4-3 and throw in Collins for some speed, a guy who has 3-4 experience at Southern Miss. 

It makes sense. Chris Mortensen has no clue about anything.

Would not be shocked at all if we came out in more 3-4 on Sunday. Spikes was already a slower player.  

dense??? If Spikes attitude was right they'd have him on the team for at the very least, rostrr depth. Nevermind the fact that 3-weeks break before the Super Bowl couls work winders. IR makes no sense for his condition. You cant be serious. Collins has been ready. Spikes screwed up. Accept that. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

That's not true.

[/QUOTE

lol

LOL!  If Spikes attitude was right they'd have him on the team for at the very least, roster depth. Nevermind the fact that 3-weeks break before the Super Bowl couls work winders. IR makes no sense for his condition. You cant be serious. Collins has been ready. Spikes screwed up.

I think Spikes didn't like being told he wasn't going to be used in the next two games if it was Indy (no run game) and Denver in particular. That's what I think.

And, I also think his worsening tear on that Week 17 collapse would have made his injury the worst it's been.

The amount of pressure he's been putting it already, trying to battle through it and not being himself was probably maxed out.

With Siliga here, BB can play some 3-4 with Hightower not doing the Mayo role in the 4-3 and throw in Collins for some speed, a guy who has 3-4 experience at Southern Miss. 

Would not be shocked at all if we came out in more 3-4 on Sunday. Spikes was already a slower player.  

dense??? If Spikes attitude was right they'd have him on the team for at the very least, rostrr depth. Nevermind the fact that 3-weeks break before the Super Bowl couls work winders. IR makes no sense for his condition. You cant be serious. Collins has been ready. Spikes screwed up. Accept that. 

Spikes was at best a 1st and 2nd down player. 

Are you just cutting and pasting various combinations of your previous daft retorts? lol

I have to chuckle at you calling me dense when a guy has a torn PCL and you want him to somehow take up a roster spot as a MLB in a passing league.  LOL

J'Garred Davis I hope to god is never used, but he;s a coverage kind of LB and can at least run. Spikes can't.

You are dense Russ. MLB is the least demanding position on the field mobility wise. You say torn PCL??? BS man. Its been a lingering injury. Period. You cant admit to being wrong. Just say it. Spikes days on this team are over. Why? His PCL? NO. his whack tude. He can play! Stop it!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

That's not true.

[/QUOTE

lol

Are you just cutting and pasting various combinations of your previous daft retorts? lol

I have to chuckle at you calling me dense when a guy has a torn PCL and you want him to somehow take up a roster spot as a MLB in a passing league.  LOL

J'Garred Davis I hope to god is never used, but he;s a coverage kind of LB and can at least run. Spikes can't.

You are dense Russ. MLB is the least demanding position on the field mobility wise. You say torn PCL??? BS man. Its been a lingering injury. Period. You cant admit to being wrong. Just say it. Spikes days on this team are over. Why? His PCL? NO. his whack tude. He can play! Stop it!

Of course he can play, but it would have been worse after the tweak vs Buffalo. Did you watch the Buffalo game?

Look at the title of this thread.  He was not put on IR for being late in the snow. Hes on IR because he was playing on a tear already, aggravated it more in the rain and is deemed unavaiable to help moving forward.

Spikes is on IR because he's not going to be able to get any better on a torn PCL that will need months to heal on its own. Translation? He's useless now.

OK, movin on. You are dug in and I know nothing will change that. Regardless mute point. Hes done. At least i know you are a genuine PATS fan who really thinks about more than just the wins and losses. We never will know either way.  Peace!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

That's not true.

[/QUOTE

lol

Of course he can play, but it would have been worse after the tweak vs Buffalo. Did you watch the Buffalo game?

Look at the title of this thread.  He was not put on IR for being late in the snow. Hes on IR because he was playing on a tear already, aggravated it more in the rain and is deemed unavaiable to help moving forward.

Spikes is on IR because he's not going to be able to get any better on a torn PCL that will need months to heal on its own. Translation? He's useless now.

OK, movin on. You are dug in and I know nothing will change that. Regardless mute point. Hes done. At least i know you are a genuine PATS fan who really thinks about more than just the wins and losses. We never will know either way.  Peace!

I think you've been sold a bill of goods here and took the ESPN bait.  Just my .02.

No team was going to take a MLB with a PCL injury like that this late in the season.  To even think that is comedic. Has any NFL team ever done that before? LOL

Bring a new guy in for a one game playoff and who has a ligament tear? lol

Spikes being late was a peripheral issue, not the main reason he was IRd. Deal with it.

It's not my problem you and your buddies don't get that.

i get what I get, you get what you get. Both are speculation that will never be validated for obvious reasons. Sometimes a debate ends without resolution and no real hope of one. At least youres is a viable guess. Mine too. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Your both correct - minus the IR issue. Collins has played lights out recently as we've seen him shutting down the Colts tight ends especially with his speed - that Spikes lacks - in the RZ. Collins athleticism and leaping ability shutting down at least 1 of the 2 excellent Bronco TEs'. That 3-4 that Russ talks about we could see against the Broncos with the versatility that Collins presents at the edge helping Chandler Jones negating that double team and putting pressure on Manning between the 20s'. If they don't double up on Jones, that will put Manning at risk, that's why other Teams do it.

Makes more sense for BB to use Collins over Spikes anyway (even if available) with Hightower holding the run. Collins is so good now that BB may mask Collins' coverage scheme per situation because after looking at film of Collins, I think they fear him now. If Fletcher also does a good job in cover, then Manning may have to go long ball more. Trying to figure what BB will do - per game- is always interesting.

Thanks to all ...

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

dosen't matter the reasons why he was IR, either way, he's screwed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

That's not true.

[/QUOTE

lol

I think you've been sold a bill of goods here and took the ESPN bait.  Just my .02.

No team was going to take a MLB with a PCL injury like that this late in the season.  To even think that is comedic. Has any NFL team ever done that before? LOL

Bring a new guy in for a one game playoff and who has a ligament tear? lol

Spikes being late was a peripheral issue, not the main reason he was IRd. Deal with it.

It's not my problem you and your buddies don't get that.

i get what I get, you get what you get. Both are speculation that will never be validated for obvious reasons. Sometimes a debate ends without resolution and no real hope of one. At least youres is a viable guess. Mine too. 

I am not going on speculation, but ESPN is. That's where you and your easily led, naive group lose on this.

1. Spikes played on a tear.

2. Spikes went down with his knee buckling in Week 17 vs Buffalo.

3. He was IRd.

All facts.

You forgot a few:

-He has a rep for violating Bill's team's rules

-He wont be a member of the Patriots next season

Hmmmmmm, seems Belichick like to most who have paid attention to how he does business.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

You also forgot the biggest one;

Spikes could have and would have played this week in Denver, regardless of the injury. 

The injury was not severe enough to keep him out. 

If he was cut rather than IR'd Denver would have signed him for intel. Same as they did for Cole. Same as Indy did for Branch

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Spikes could have and would have played this week in Denver, regardless of the injury. 

If he was cut rather than IR'd Denver would have signed him for intel. Same as they did for Cole. Same as Indy did for Branch

Yeah, I tried to explain that to Russ earier in the thread already. He just doesn't want to hear it. That is absolutely the most valid reason for IR and not outright cutting the big goof. Come on Russ, do you see it yet? Its clear as can be..........

• You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Yeah, I tried to explain that to Russ earier in the thread already. He just doesn't want to hear it. That is absolutely the most valid reason for IR and not outright cutting the big goof. Come on Russ, do you see it yet? Its clear as can be..........

Seems reasonable to me. The last straw for Bill seems to have been him not being on time because he drove off the road in the snow and instead of calling the team office he put out a tweet to his followers.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I sure wish the Rams would have put Josh McDonalds on I/R! That way we wouldnt have been able to add him to our playoff team and let him get in Obies head. Too many chefs in the kitchen!

No surgery for Spikes tells me he was no worse for wear after the buffalo game than he was in week 8.  He wanted to play and BB knew he wasnt gonna be here next year so he put on him I/R to End the distraction he was causing so we can have a team of committed players working towards ONE common goal. I assume spikes goal was to play well enough to get paid next year and it showed up behind the scenes.  Spikes will be playing for Jacksonville next year once BB sours up his name to other G.M.s

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I see another 24 hours has passed and rusty still hasn't admitted he was wrong. Shocking.

I wonder if rust still thinks Spikes is a hero and Mankins is a loser?

• Sections
    Shortcuts