Spikes put on IR due to being late to meetings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re: Spikes put on IR due to being late to meetings

This is hilarious!  After Rustyie has told us that Spikes has played the entire season with a torn up knee and what  an incredible demonstration of his strength and courage that was before finally giving in to his injury, now it comes out that he is just another guy demonstrating the real Patriot way.  As if that is not bad enough, here is BB essentially throwing a guy off the team during the playoffs.  I guess BB knows this team is one and done regardless if their best remaining LB is on the field or not.  LOL. LOL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Herald has said the late to meetings report is "unfounded" heard on 98.5

i want the truth here

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Face it, you, Mt HUrl and TFB12 took the cheese on this one and now are scrambing out of embarrassment.

[/QUOTE]

Can you not read???

Let me repost...

I  haven't formed an opinion on if the reports are true or not.  The only opinion I have at this point is that I believe, regardless if the reports are true or not, that Spikes is gone next season.

I have never said if I believed the reports to be true or not.  My gosh, you lie so much on here.  It is a mystery why you even come here anymore, you get beatdown all day long every day because you lie and have an agenda that you push.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Umm, that has never stopped the people here like Bedard, Volin or whatever stooge they bring in next.

Borges has no access, Breer, etc, and they didn't even get the story.

Wake up, dummy. If anything, Borges or Breer, all incensed at BB's continued success, cooked up this little awkward and forced fairy tale.

I can't distinguish facts from opinion? How does that make sense?  I just explained to you FACTS about how I knew the SB 36 walkthrough tape and the Walsh claims were false.

I did my own homework, researched it and then realized it was all made up.

Why? I knew facts.

[/QUOTE]

This is 2014.  This thread has nothing to do with SB 36.

You have no facts.   You have your opinion, formed by supposition and conjecture.  Nothing else.

[/QUOTE]

I just underlined FACTS in the NFL.com story, one of them being it being against the rules to IR a guy for disciplinary measures. That was the other thing that really wasn't being talked about, too.

But, RallyC started asking me if I knew "IR rules" instead. Please.

The other facts, I've already stated, too:

1. Spikes is a Twitter guy. Posting a joking Twitter picture in a few inches of snow and his driveway not blocked at 7:15 AM on his way to Gillette, as a joke ,is nothing different than any Twitter activity from Spikes in the past.  It doesn't mean he was late. 

This one cracks me up but also concerns me that you're an adult believing one things means another.  Please do not vote or procreate. Thanks.

2. Spikes went down vs Buffalo and took himself off the field.

3. Spikes had a torn ACL already.

These are facts.

Ya lost.

Let me give you a suggestion I have given other morons here who try to take me on and get cute in here:

Do you your homework FIRST. If you aren't intelligent enough to make on, don't bother. But, definitely do some homework, otherwise you have no shot.

It's not my fault you aren't as smart as you think you are. Bustchise has tried for years in here, Rkrap at ESPN,  Mt Hurl, and others, and I have a perfect 4-0 record in wagers to show for it. 

See, I am kinda right. A LOT.

[/QUOTE]

So what your saying is that BB would never do something that was against the rules?  Bwhahahahahahahahaahaha! Bludgeoned with just a single sentence.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brandon Spikes reportedly on IR due to late arrival 209

•        
    • By Dan Hanzus
    • Around the League Writer
    • Published: Jan. 11, 2014 at 11:42 a.m.
    • Updated: Jan. 11, 2014 at 01:58 p.m.

Friend(s) EmailYour Email Send Email

• By Dan Hanzus

More Columns > 

Was the New England Patriots' decision to move linebacker Brandon Spikes to injured reserve motivated by more than a knee issue?

Playoff schedule The first two rounds of the NFL's postseason schedule for the 2013 season were released Sunday night. More ...

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Saturday that the Patriots' surprising decision to move Spikes to IR followed an incident last Friday in which the linebacker showed up late for a bye-week practice.

Spikes publicly appealed for help on Twitter after his luxury SUV became stuck in his driveway following a night of heavy snowfall. According to Mortensen, the incident was the final straw for Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who had previously fined Spikes for multiple incidents.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport later reported that a source close to Spikes said it is "untrue" and "not accurate" that his late arrival to practice prompted the IR designation. It's also not permitted, per NFL rules.

According to Rapoport, the move to IR was a mutual decision that allows Spikes to collect playoff shares and get healthy ahead of next season.

Spikes is a pending free agent and will almost certainly be playing elsewhere in 2014. He was New England's top run-stuffer this season and was ranked as the No. 6 inside linebacker in the league by ProFootballFocus.

We previewed all four divisional playoff games in the latest "Around The League Podcast

See. This toad took ESPN's report but then he UPDATED his original clipped story from ESPN at 1:58 PM to include unnamed sources that are saying it is untrue, from a trustworthy beatwriter, ex Herald writer, the superb Rapoport.

Case closed for the second time.

My god are people stupid in this world.

Pay attention, dummy, Catfish Hunter: What I just underlined are FACTS.

Hey Russ, read what you underlined above ONE MORE TIME.....it is intended to clarify that the reason for BS's IR cannot be due to the fact that he missed the meeting, which would be illegal and is correct. That's not the point. They mutually agreed on an IR due to his ACL that he had been playing on for a while now. Rappaports tweet does nothing to support your conspircay theory.....why underine it?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!  You are delusional.

[/QUOTE]

Says the guy who believes an obvious phony report.   Make sense much, Mr. 2007  Bandwagon fan?

[/QUOTE]

LMAO! 

Show me where I said I believed a phony report?

I will wait for you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

No, but Rapoport has a direct line into Foxborough after his strong with the Herald, so I trust that report over Chris Mortensen.

Is this that difficult?  

You trust ESPN and Mortensen, with no corroboration from any trusted source over Howe and now Rapoport with DIRECT ACCESS? Where do you buy your moron juice?

It is against the rules to IR a player if the measure is disciplinary, yes.   In fact, protocol may be to fine, suspend or make a player Inactive, not put them on IR because they may have performance bonuses involved that they can earn in the future.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

EXPOSED AND BLUDGEONED. Go back to the Sox board where you always were prior to this season.

[/QUOTE]

Are you the same guy who has repeatedly emphasized that Spikes played injured throughout the season?

Here's a clue for you Clouseau, putting a guy on IR isn't like filling out a 1040 tax form.  You don't have to check off a box that says "late for meeting".   If the guy is injured (you've had him practically playing as a paraplegic) he can go on IR at any time.  So, if the coach has had enough of misbehavior he can use the injury as just cause, even if in his heart he has a different motive.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Says the guy who believes an obvious phony report.   Make sense much, Mr. 2007  Bandwagon fan?

[/QUOTE]

"The oobvious fake report"  Hey, that is exactly what  you said when the reports of the triple murderer A A RON came out.  How'd that work out for you? Bwahahhahaahahahaha!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I would be careful with any ESPN muckraking tactics during a playoff run for NE.  We've seen these attempts to sabotage from outside before.  That is the first anyone has reported such a story. Not saying it's not true, just saying, until it is corroborated by people who can be trusted, it's nothing but heresay.

[/QUOTE]

Unless, of course, it supports your claims.  Then it's all fact.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is hilarious!  After Rustyie has told us that Spikes has played the entire season with a torn up knee and what  an incredible demonstration of his strength and courage that was before finally giving in to his injury, now it comes out that he is just another guy demonstrating the real Patriot way.  As if that is not bad enough, here is BB essentially throwing a guy off the team during the playoffs.  I guess BB knows this team is one and done regardless if their best remaining LB is on the field or not.  LOL. LOL.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't say "entire". I said "most" of the season.

Why did you sign out as Fletcherbrook and in as Meadowland Mike?  

Tell us, how do you decide which board characters to use? LOL!

[/QUOTE]

Bwhahahahahahahahaa!  More deflection from your idiocy?  Yes, claiming everyone is "Bustchise" really changes the fact that you are a moron and you repeatedly post stupid things.  

Remember yesterday when you claimed that the Chiefs D was top 5 in "most categories" then denied saying it?  That was awesome!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

THIS THREAD SUCKS!!!!! WHO GIVES A DAMN??????? Regardless, SPIKES IS OUT.....

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PATS!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

THIS THREAD SUCKS!!!!! WHO GIVES A DAMN??????? Regardless, SPIKES IS OUT.....

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PATS!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Time to hit the game thread!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No, but Rapoport has a direct line into Foxborough after his strong with the Herald, so I trust that report over Chris Mortensen.

Is this that difficult?  

You trust ESPN and Mortensen, with no corroboration from any trusted source over Howe and now Rapoport with DIRECT ACCESS? Where do you buy your moron juice?

It is against the rules to IR a player if the measure is disciplinary, yes.   In fact, protocol may be to fine, suspend or make a player Inactive, not put them on IR because they may have performance bonuses involved that they can earn in the future.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

EXPOSED AND BLUDGEONED. Go back to the Sox board where you always were prior to this season.

[/QUOTE]

Are you the same guy who has repeatedly emphasized that Spikes played injured throughout the season?

Here's a clue for you Clouseau, putting a guy on IR isn't like filling out a 1040 tax form.  You don't have to check off a box that says "late for meeting".   If the guy is injured (you've had him practically playing as a paraplegic) he can go on IR at any time.  So, if the coach has had enough of misbehavior he can use the injury as just cause, even if in his heart he has a different motive.

[/QUOTE]

Yes it called the phantom DL injury. Before I was called a moron by DH. I read rally C it was AGREED on if that's the case it He can get away with it.. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

•        
    • By Dan Hanzus

• By Dan Hanzus

More Columns > 

Was the New England Patriots' decision to move linebacker Brandon Spikes to injured reserve motivated by more than a knee issue?

Playoff schedule The first two rounds of the NFL's postseason schedule for the 2013 season were released Sunday night. More ...

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Saturday that the Patriots' surprising decision to move Spikes to IR followed an incident last Friday in which the linebacker showed up late for a bye-week practice.

Spikes publicly appealed for help on Twitter after his luxury SUV became stuck in his driveway following a night of heavy snowfall. According to Mortensen, the incident was the final straw for Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who had previously fined Spikes for multiple incidents.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport later reported that a source close to Spikes said it is "untrue" and "not accurate" that his late arrival to practice prompted the IR designation. It's also not permitted, per NFL rules.

According to Rapoport, the move to IR was a mutual decision that allows Spikes to collect playoff shares and get healthy ahead of next season.

Spikes is a pending free agent and will almost certainly be playing elsewhere in 2014. He was New England's top run-stuffer this season and was ranked as the No. 6 inside linebacker in the league by ProFootballFocus.

We previewed all four divisional playoff games in the latest "Around The League Podcast

See. This toad took ESPN's report but then he UPDATED his original clipped story from ESPN at 1:58 PM to include unnamed sources that are saying it is untrue, from a trustworthy beatwriter, ex Herald writer, the superb Rapoport.

Hey Russ, read what you underlined above ONE MORE TIME.....it is intended to clarify that the reason for BS's IR cannot be done because he missed the meeting, which is correct. Thats not the point. They mutually agreed on an IR becasue of his ACL that he had been playing on for a while now. Rappaports tweet does nothing to support your conspircay theory.....why underine it?

Are you seriously this stupid?  IRing a player due to disciplinary measures is against the rules because it can block the player from earning bonuses that may be built into the contract.

Rapoport and current Herald beatwriter, the guy who replaced Rapoport are less trusting to you than Chris Mortensen?

Your credibility is diminishing here, RallyC. Big time.

Anyone trusting ESPN or the Glober here over NFLN and the Herald with Pats reporting is either new the anti-BB media game or a flippin moron.

What the hell are you talking about , MAN? I am saying exactly what you are. The problem is that it does not defend your point at all. WE ALL KNOW THAT IR'ing a player for discipline is illegal!!! READ IT AGAIN. Why undeline it as a defense? Also, no matter what was said, its a "source clsoe to Spikes" WHAT DOES THAT PROVE?????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I would be careful with any ESPN muckraking tactics during a playoff run for NE.  We've seen these attempts to sabotage from outside before.  That is the first anyone has reported such a story. Not saying it's not true, just saying, until it is corroborated by people who can be trusted, it's nothing but heresay.

[/QUOTE]

Unless, of course, it supports your claims.  Then it's all fact.

[/QUOTE]

Not the guy who author's a thread about Brady sucking and using a phone caller to a local sports radio show as supporting proof. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

•        
    • By Dan Hanzus

• By Dan Hanzus

More Columns > 

[/QUOTE]

Hey Russ, read what you underlined above ONE MORE TIME.....it is intended to clarify that the reason for BS's IR cannot be done because he missed the meeting, which is correct. Thats not the point. They mutually agreed on an IR becasue of his ACL that he had been playing on for a while now. Rappaports tweet does nothing to support your conspircay theory.....why underine it?

[/QUOTE]

Are you seriously this stupid?  IRing a player due to disciplinary measures is against the rules because it can block the player from earning bonuses that may be built into the contract.

Rapoport and current Herald beatwriter, the guy who replaced Rapoport are less trusting to you than Chris Mortensen?

Your credibility is diminishing here, RallyC. Big time.

Anyone trusting ESPN or the Glober here over NFLN and the Herald with Pats reporting is either new the anti-BB media game or a flippin moron.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, BB would never do anything againts the rules.  Except when it involves his arrogance.  Bwahahahahahahahaha!  How'd that cheating on FG attempt work the second time around? How about his illegal videotaping?  

The NFL needs to immediatley look into these latest attempts to circumvent the rules. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO! 

Show me where I said I believed a phony report?

I will wait for you.

[/QUOTE]

No need to wait.

We already KNEW Spikes was done and on IR, which was announced MOnday, so that means when your first spot says this:

"Goodbye Brandon Spikes!  I really liked the attitude he brought to the defense, and he could stuff a run.  I know he was super slow in the passing game but I really enjoyed watching him play, he seemed to have a very good relationship with Mr. Kraft.  This kind of sucks.

Can we get on last goodbye wave Brandon Spikes...."

YOU ARE CONFIRMING YOUR SUPPORT AND BELIEF in the report....What I underlined here proves you support the report like Cupcake did. You two are idiots.

Why would you type that today if he was done for the year on Monday???

CAUGHT AGAIN.

You cannot backpedal now. You believed the report. LOL! You look like a fool with RallyC!

[/QUOTE]

I never said I believed or didn't believe the reports.  I said regardless if true or not, I believe Spikes is gone after this season.  I thought he was gone even before this thread or this story coming out.

You are such a fraud. 

Sections
Shortcuts