spikes replacement?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Re: spikes replacement?

I love the "Blank" just got released threads.......

Can't wait til Rae Carruth and O.J. Get their walking papers.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

For cheap, hell yes. 

but to me our corps of Collins, Mayo & Hightower will be tops in the NFL

ILB isn't a priority compared to many other spots

wouldnt mind some upgrade depth over Fletch...also might see Hightower playing some DE spelling Nink. Hightower is bigger and faster than Nink 

Like 49 said, I think Collins will be moved around most out of the LBs. he is a playmaker. 

i agree some depth would be nice, maybe the draft? What another ILB are on the market for cheap? I haven't even looked because ILB was an afterthought for now

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

For cheap, hell yes. 

wouldnt mind some upgrade depth over Fletch...also might see Hightower playing some DE spelling Nink. Hightower is bigger and faster than Nink 

Like 49 said, I think Collins will be moved around most out of the LBs. he is a playmaker. 

i agree some depth would be nice, maybe the draft? What another ILB are on the market for cheap? I haven't even looked because ILB was an afterthought for now

I could see Collins coming off the edge on a blitz package, but cant see him getting any snaps at DE. Too small.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

thing is, when guys get released 30 other teams are willing to pay more money.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I could see Collins coming off the edge on a blitz package, but cant see him getting any snaps at DE. Too small.

agree there. I think you are right in that you will see Hightower spelling Nink at DE at times. maybe on third and longs you put Jones, Nink, DT, Hightower as your 4 down rushers for more speed on 3rd? not a bad idea imo

Collins will be all over the field next year though, blitzes, coverage etc. He has speed to blitz at times.

gonna be interesting to see what BB does with the talents of the two

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I can see him coming here, let's see if the Lombardi connection will pay dividends.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I can see him coming here, let's see if the Lombardi connection will pay dividends.

Shouldnt we assume that would hurt? The players hated him and lived Chud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

I was reading that Jackson has had quite a few coaching changes in his career.  He might be looking for a more stable winning environment.  plus he wasn't a rediculously expensive player in his last contract.  3 million per might do it.  If we can get Jackson and draft Max Bullough ILB, Michigan state, I think our LB core would be set for the loss of spikes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Well, the guy is like mayo and a tackling machine. He had something 140 tackles last year. 

question....why not sign him and play he and mayo outside with Hightower in...take Collins and shape him into a SS. He played a bit of safety in college. Just a thought.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:

Dqwell Jackson Has been released by the Browns per ESPN.com.  

He a great LB with good leadership skills who has always played on the losing browns.  Yes he is 30 but he had a solid season last year. he can play in the 3-4 or 4-3.  would be a vast improvement over spikes!  

Again, good call Nate. You were ahead of the game.

BB gushes over Jackson

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2014/02/bill_belichick_gushed_over_lb.html

"Like most other teams around the league, it would not be surprising if the New England Patriots have already had internal discussion about D'Qwell Jackson, who was released by the Cleveland Browns Wednesday.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick has long admired the 30-year-old linebacker, and it's not a stretch to imagine that New England is one of the several teams that have already reportedly shown interest in Jackson.

Prior to playing Cleveland last year, Belichick called Jackson "one of the best pass coverage linebackers in the league."

"You see D'Qwell Jackson back there, sometimes 20 years deep in coverage, tipping a ball or being in the passing lane and forcing the quarter to throw it down," Belichick said.

Jackson was set to earn a $4.1 million workout bonus from Cleveland on March 16. He recored 139 tackles, one sack, an interception and a forced fumble last season. Pro Football Focus graded him as the 42nd best interior linebacker last season.

If the Patriots were to acquire Jackson, he would likely serve as depth and provide insurance if Jamie Collins is not yet ready to take on a starting role."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Looks like he has visits scheduled with Denver and Tenn so far.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I didn't see anyone say his level of play has fallen off at all....he's a great player...I'd love to see him here if he's healthy and can still perform...and they can afford him....right now the wish list a far longer than the available funds...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Looks like he has visits scheduled with Denver and Tenn so far.

I thought Denver had been in cap hell since last since.  Why are they scheduling players in for visits?  Come on Pats, at least get me excited and schedule a visit with the guy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

For cheap, hell yes. 

Same size as Osi, only 10 pounds from Ninkovich. You're not using him on rushing downs, only on passing downs where speed rushers are usually brought in.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Probably because he pretends he's Belichick...without actually winning anything.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Probably because he pretends he's Belichick...without actually winning anything.

There's a common theme amongst the BB coaching tree. Mangini, McDaniels, O'Brien...

Sections
Shortcuts