Spikes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Spikes

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

This also does not in any way talk about how Lloyd was "breaking up the locker room", which is what TFB12 said.  

Give me the exact quote where TFB said Lloyd was breaking up the locker room.

Post it here.

Let's go.

I never said Lloyd was breaking up the locker room.  I said Spikes was one of the people mentioned in an article that said BB had let the locker room get away from him.  The article also talked about the troubles with Lloyd.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I dont think anyone with any football knowledge expected Spikes to stay past this year. He is limited, a one dimensional football player. Hopefully we will play well enough this year, adn sign a large enough contract that he will warrant a decent supplemental pick for his leaving.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I would trade Spikes for a reciever or DB if we can find a team willing -here's my reasoning. First he's a free agent next year and he will want too much $ for the Pats liking. Second he is a liability on passing downs so is a one trick pony, being a great run stuffer. And third the guy seems to be another loose cannon ready to implode at any given time.   I'm still confounded as to why the Pats leave him on the field on obvious PASSING downs-- the guy cannot COVER--too slow--his greatest attribute being instincts as a run stuffer--period. JMO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

What the heck happened?

The deck was stacked against him from the beginning.

Belichick drafted him in the second round.

Someone around here had a lot to say about how great the 2010 draft was.

McCourty:  Good

Gronkowski:  Good player, bad health

Cunningham:  Busteroni

Spikes:  Headed out

Price:  Nada

Hernandez:  Jail

Mesko:  Dumped

ATD:

Another Terrible Draft

Actually that looks like a pretty good draft.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Spikes can intimidate and force fumbles, but he is a liabliity in coverage. The prescence of Hightower makes him expendable. I like Spikes, but not if he is cost-prohibative. Buchanan looks like a good situational pass rusher and Hightower has improved on the passing downs. Still waiting to see what Collins can do and Nink continues to be a solid contributor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Actually that looks like a pretty good draft.

For Belichick, yes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Jeez, you guys have short memories in here. Spikes has always been a slow starter. Go back and look at last years game logs. He will be right in the mix when it counts. 2 games, we are 2-0 and you guys want to trade Him for a WR!?!?  or a DB...lol. Its too late now. I welcome any help in offseason but NO WR is gonna come now and be better,. Its a learning curve. Why start over. Spikes will be needed if we make the playoffs cuz Mayo isnt a playoff performer. Anybody here signing his check? Yeeeesh

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

shouldnt Dane Fletcher be on the field more?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to cellucci's comment:

shouldnt Dane Fletcher be on the field more?

I think they are taking it slow with him. He missed a year of football. Right now we just actually have a good problem. We have more than a few good backers and are only playing 2 linebackers most of the time while playing nickel.

Nink - Kelly - Wilfork - Jones

Mayo - HIghtower - - Arrington

Talib - Gregory - McCourty - Dennard

^ This is basically our Base set now a days. In passing situations, they take out Kelly and Put in Spikes, and Jones moves from DE to DT. Spikes is the 3rd backer and they play 3-3-5. Some times they play 4-2 5 and Spikes goes back to the sideline. I think BB dictates these alignments with matchups and getting guys on the field who can cover when needed. Hhightower can actually play the run AND cover so he is more valuble on the field than Fletcher right now. If we play 3-4, he may see time.

Sections
Shortcuts