Spikes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

Re: Spikes

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What the heck happened?

The deck was stacked against him from the beginning.

Belichick drafted him in the second round.

Someone around here had a lot to say about how great the 2010 draft was.

McCourty:  Good

Gronkowski:  Good player, bad health

Cunningham:  Busteroni

Spikes:  Headed out

Price:  Nada

Hernandez:  Jail

Mesko:  Dumped

ATD:

Another Terrible Draft

[/QUOTE]

And you are a useless RUSTY STALKERRRRRRRRR

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Considering you just called Gronk a "good player" I just can't buy into what you say often.  Yes his healthy has been some what an issue, but if Pollard rolled up your leg you'd being crying.. literally.  He freakishly broke his arm ok fine.. injury.  However; he is the best TE in the game when healthy, not just a good player bro. Who knew Ahern was going to get arrested?

Mesko is a good punter who was replaced with a good punter, and now Mesko is a starting punter somewhere else.. so what?  That's good drafting still if another team see's his value. 

The same is most likely going to be said about Spikes.  He'll most likely start somewhere or at least be a solid back up. 

I have no idea how you can call this a bust of a draft.  It may be one of the best if not best drafts I have personally seen on a talent level.

Oh, I was talking about good for the team.  I really don't care what someone does elsewhere.

Gronkowski is an unreal talent, but when it comes to on field production, how's he doing right now?  Also, three career playoff TDs isn't all that wonderful.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

NE had the best 2010 draft of any team. Go look it up. Leave it to Nary A Clue to claim it wasn't a very good yield, even with Mesko looking for too much and Hernandez apparently playing Tony Montana.

Anyone who aligns with NAS here is a troll.

He is on that Bruins board deflecting from Chiarelli blowing two top 5 picks in the last 5 years. Kessel and Seguin, one of them, should have been a star here for years, but he's now admitted his mistakes and dealt both.

Ironically, he had a second chance with the SEguin pick because that was the one they got for Kessel!

Cannot be made up.

Yet, he's on here bashing a good yield. A HOF type TE, a very good DB in McCourty and a game changer in Spikes at MLB.

If you get 3 quality starters you use in future years, who make a clear impact, that is a good draft.

It went from GREAT to very good, with Hernandez's situation and Mesko wanting Colquitt money.

That doesn't mean the draft was bad, though. Anyone who aligns with NAS at any time on this board is also a troll.

I'm not sure why you insist on trying to talk about hockey here.  I'd suggest that you go to the Bruins board to talk about hockey but we all know you won't because the wolves there will tear you to shreds...again.

Please provide any info on Mesko's contract demands.

Yeah, Spikes is a game changer.  When he's in, the other team gets a boost.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

couple of games into season, spikes will make some plays, BB is a genious , just ask babe parilli

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

12 picks

McCourty and Gronkowski

(and Spikes)

Is that not terrible?

4 of those picks were 7th rounders.  7 were outside the top 100 picks.  Hernandez might be in jail, but he provided more value in his 3 seasons in NE than many high round picks let alone a 4th rounder.  Mesko was a very good punter who was quickly given a job in Pitt after we replaced him with the NCAA's best punter 2 years running.  Deaderick was a decent rotational DL who is still in the league as well.  You have no idea what you are talking about.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How many career playoff TDs does Welker have with us in more games played?

Gronk is doing well right now and readying to start his season on Sunday.

Welker wasn't a TD machine in the regular season, so they cannot be compared, but if you insist:

Welker scored .36 TDs per game in the regular season and .44 in the post season.

Gronkowski scored .88 TDs per game in the regular season and .6 in the post season.

Belichick said Gronkowski is day-to-day.  Did he whisper something differently to you?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

Considering you just called Gronk a "good player" I just can't buy into what you say often.  Yes his healthy has been some what an issue, but if Pollard rolled up your leg you'd being crying.. literally.  He freakishly broke his arm ok fine.. injury.  However; he is the best TE in the game when healthy, not just a good player bro. Who knew Ahern was going to get arrested?

Mesko is a good punter who was replaced with a good punter, and now Mesko is a starting punter somewhere else.. so what?  That's good drafting still if another team see's his value. 

The same is most likely going to be said about Spikes.  He'll most likely start somewhere or at least be a solid back up. 

I have no idea how you can call this a bust of a draft.  It may be one of the best if not best drafts I have personally seen on a talent level.

Oh, I was talking about good for the team.  I really don't care what someone does elsewhere.

Gronkowski is an unreal talent, but when it comes to on field production, how's he doing right now?  Also, three career playoff TDs isn't all that wonderful.

[/QUOTE]

I get it that you don't understand how rosters are built in the NFL.  This isn't hockey were you sign someone for 15 years...

You can't keep everypone and that's why you draft someone like Ryan Allen, who may be better than Mesko, to replace a good player like Mesko....  It's part of being a good GM.  

I don't understand your reasoning at all.  

Let me ask you, should Pats trade gronk?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

4 of those picks were 7th rounders.  7 were outside the top 100 picks.  Hernandez might be in jail, but he provided more value in his 3 seasons in NE than many high round picks let alone a 4th rounder.  Mesko was a very good punter who was quickly given a job in Pitt after we replaced him with the NCAA's best punter 2 years running.  Deaderick was a decent rotational DL who is still in the league as well.  You have no idea what you are talking about.

I really do have an idea.

My idea:  Three years after a draft, the team has a good DB, and injured TE (who was known to have injury issues when drafted) and a guy who looks terrible and may not return next year.

Is any of that incorrect?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I get it that you don't understand how rosters are built in the NFL.  This isn't hockey were you sign someone for 15 years...

You can't keep everypone and that's why you draft someone like Ryan Allen, who may be better than Mesko, to replace a good player like Mesko....  It's part of being a good GM.  

Don't tell me what I do and don't know, Rico.  I've been watching football for a very long time. 

What does Belichick know about being a good GM?  How to be terrible at drafting?  How to be awesome at cap room?  How to fill the receiver corps with some else's trash?

Trading Gronkowski is an option.  I doubt a ton would come in return due to his propensity for injury.  Maybe he goes somewhere else and gets hurt again.  Maybe he stays healthy.  Maybe he stays in New England and gets hurt again.  Maybe he stays healthy.  It's a gamble either way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Welker played in more games, moron. I've already stated that.  Yes, BB said if Gronk practices well this week, he will be suited up.

Good day.

When offered averages, the total number isn't relevant.  Gronkowski's production is lower in the playoffs.  Welker's is higher.  I'm not sure why you would want to use that point.  It doesn't help your stance.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

Don't tell me what I do and don't know, Rico.  I've been watching football for a very long time. 

What does Belichick know about being a good GM?  How to be terrible at drafting?  How to be awesome at cap room?  How to fill the receiver corps with some else's trash?

Trading Gronkowski is an option.  I doubt a ton would come in return due to his propensity for injury.  Maybe he goes somewhere else and gets hurt again.  Maybe he stays healthy.  Maybe he stays in New England and gets hurt again.  Maybe he stays healthy.  It's a gamble either way.

[/QUOTE]

Not trying to say you don't know football, but you absolutely don't understanding building a team; otherwise, you wouldn't make that comment about it being a poor draft.  Rico? that's racist.  But anyways.  It was a great draft, just because some players don't stick doesn't make it poor.  There are other considerations.  

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

12 picks

McCourty and Gronkowski

(and Spikes)

Is that not terrible?

[/QUOTE]

You have to forgive him.  He's judging the Pats against the elite organzation that is the Boston Bruins.  From the mid-70's to the early 2000's owner Jeremy Jacobs and GM Harry Sinden won every Stanley Cup.  They did this by filling the roster with elite talent.  Some were saying 'Jeremy, you fill the arena every night win or lose; you own the building and run the concessions.  You're a billionaire milking a cash cow.  The lemmings will show up win or lose.   Why not just sign average level talent?'  But Jeremy/Harry were all about winning so they spent to the max (without a cap) and won, won, won.

By comparison the Pats come off as complete failures.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Umm, yes it is. First, those numbers are almost identical. .08 difference is miniscule. Second, with more games played in the postseason, you can bet, Gronk the better red zone target, would be better in that area.

Gronk has lesser games or opps for TDs. Very simple.

More opps, means the best red zone target in the NFL would easily surpass Welker's red zone production.

Case closed.

Bludgeoned again.

I can't bet anything will happen and, unlike you, I don't believe my opinions are facts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not trying to say you don't know football, but you absolutely don't understanding building a team; otherwise, you wouldn't make that comment about it being a poor draft.  Rico? that's racist.  But anyways.  It was a great draft, just because some players don't stick doesn't make it poor.  There are other considerations.  

What's "racist" about Rico? 

Sections
Shortcuts