Spikes...your loss is our loss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Spikes...your loss is our loss

Revis=McCourty=Ty Law...i.e. CBs that will tackle, play the run, defend the pass well, lay the wood hard, force a fumble, make a critical play on the ball NO matter what...run or pass...when it's needed...A Complete Cornerback...The ANTI-Asante Samuel.   A solid TEAM playing Defender.  Underappreciated for years before they are ultimately given their rightful due...

...the same with Brandon Spikes.

Not until THIS last year and end of last (12-13) could I say that Mayo was even a non-detriment in his pass-coverage capabilities.  The knock on Spikes HAS been that he was a 2 down Defender...yet so often he WAS kept in sub-packages (like NE's Big Nickel).  His coverage in NE';s 4-3 over (with Hightower often benefitted by being shifted way over on the Strongside LB spot), was Spikes having to cover almost the entire Middle and either the weakside when that line LB rushed, or aspects of both when Hightower shifted up in order to cover the quick TE RB out in the lower flank on that strongside of the field.  Regardless...for a bone-thumping ILB, Spikes WAS thought well enough to stay in on many sub-p's, cover wide swaths, and his PDs/INTs for this responsibility has never been bad @ ILB...

Biggest problem for me...The "white Elephant"...?

Spikes made players around him better and his hitting was feared by O's.  This sets a tempo for YOUR D and strikes a too often underlooked chord by modern NFL Fans, against the opposing O.  Spikes' arrival (@ SILB) signaled Mayo's bounceback year in '10 (@ WILB).  Spikes was a player instinctual, strong, and fearless enough to penetrate, disrupt, and alter an O's play-direction...Do NOT...EVER overlook this.  Spikes was a player instinctual, strong, fearless, and crazy enough to go head-head with an O-Lineman and a FB (or just another O-Lineman) on any given rushing play...taking out at least 1...or 2 blockers...or simply disrupting play-direction after bulling through 1...And THIS action of gearing up, not to make the tackle, but to occupy 2 Offensive Players, does this:  IT FREES UP A DEFENDER TO Make An Open Hit ON the Actual Ball-Carrier. 

Some thread made a joke about "Good Riddance to Spikes".  1 Respondant quipped: "Yea we should all want Defensive Starters as dutiful as Tavon Wilson."  ...cutting and true.  Me and that respondant will go build our team around Spikes and complete CB types...The anti-Spikes crowd can go build dollhouses or something.  We'll come up with a type of D that hasn't gotten their NFL Teams anywhere lately...like a Seattle D...or a 49er D...orrr a Baltimore D.  I DO like dollhouses though...delicate latticework, attention to fragile detail.  I'm not kidding.  Those that KNOW me here, actually know that I'm really not.  Sometimes, like the porcelain set and stuff, or the stairway leg shaving style=AB-surd.  This isn't a coy analogy.  Even though it's becoming 1...  They can be pretty cool with that fine detail-work.  Don't be afraid to say it.  I'm not.  You can be if you want, but whatever=Your loss...not mine.  Like individual roof shingles...

Anyway:  Spikes.  Don't overlook any player that sets the tempo, disrupts, shifts momentum in drive/gameplay in 1 Big Hit and/or at 1 critical junction.  It's odd that it sure seems, That A Great D needs a True Enforcer (or just an overwhelmingly high # of real bone-thumpers as your starters).  Loooove the Revis AND Browning signings...But I Can-NOT overlook the fact that we may have now the Best Secondary I've ever seen as a NE Fan (Revis/DMC/Browning) are 3 freakshows with tight Complete DB Game.  Run/Pass/Hitting/Instincts...Guys that play their game like BB likes it=No exploitable weaknesses (vs. 1 absurd strength-i.e. Asante Samuel...and several exploitable weaknesses-Run D, Route jumping, Hitting...team mentality). 

Even If you (and unfairly) grossly underestimate Spikes as a mere 2 down guy and never anything else (BB didn't)- Brandon Spikes made HIS fellow D starters FAR more complete players when he was on the field.  Like the offseason...But again-I worry that we made our Secondary into a freakshow of talent finally...yet...And for no real poignant reason, Made a hole/have no exploitable defencies (see VW's issue w/ release & still needing a bookend DE next to Chandler Jones)- Up Front in our Run D, Middle of the Field.  We appeared to have this solid finally too...now?  Meh.  We've had a GOOD Run D, and a SOLID control of the interior of the field the past 2-3 years (vs the previous 3-6 before that). 

Hi...I'm back.  I've risen.  I died.  I'm bored with white girl Americanisms.  Why in the event of a zombie apocalypse, Does Sarah Michelle Gellar types always seem to have the survivor skill set, and the jacked athletic, and agile male (usually he's black for some strange reason), Always die?  This isn't a sign-off..  I'm just writing it now...  Right here, not again though.  Maybe, If I feel like it.  Probably not, however.  Some people say that being neurotic is easy.  It ain't.  It takes artistry.  Not sure who those people are...some might though...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Spikes...your loss is our loss

didnt read all of this.. but from what i did I think you were heavily defending spikes as player.

no problem I liked him alot too. for the same reasons, he brought fire and attitude and could play the run.

but

Collins, Mayo, Hightower is a top 5 NFL LB corps dont worry about losing spikes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Hi laz welcome back. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Laz is back!

Good read, great to see Laz back!

Welcome back Laz, don't be a stranger now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

the forums poet has return 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'm looking for the commie post about Laz walking thru those doors. There has to be one. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Was not planning to post this evening; but I just had to join the others in welcoming Laz back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I'm looking for the commie post about Laz walking thru those doors. There has to be one. 

LOL!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Truly sorry to see you back. We were making inroads regarding having less posters who don't know the game around here. Your return provides a quantum leap in the wrong direction. I'll put you on ignore immediately and save myself exposure to the drivel and spare others the certain conflict.

Coach BB let Spikes walk without a second thought, because Spikes sucks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Good to see you guys.  This Spring and Summer I went without both Internet and Cable.  Mainly eatinng organics vege's with almonds and local farmer eggs.  I was doing great and doing Yoga before the Sun simultaneously sungazing as part of the repetoir and doing YMCA classes like Pilates, Heavy Bag, Vinyasa yoga, and some Tai Chi, some Power Sculpt.  Now...?

Yo, I don't know IF any of you are IN NE...But think WARM.  For God sakes!!!  Don't let the weatherman influence you, pl-ease.  I really believe weather, like ALL energy is human conscious relative, just any connectivities of passion, mindset, belief, and positive thought influence and influential. 

This was the NE winter that wouldn't die.  Something like coldest in 50 years or something just st#pid.  Eatin' meat more...bones, tendons, lless agile, less active.  I NEED Spring...and The Sun through each and EVERY New Englander <and every jew, gentile, muslim, agnsotic, spaceman from jupiter, etc., etc> NEEDS positive, warm-weather coming Hope of Spring Redemption.  wuf...ugly NE that's overstayed it's welcome by several leaps and a few miles. 

I can handle sweating...any day...every day.  I cannot handle even the slightest circulation unbalance because we haven't seen The Earth fully for 2 1/2 complete months, and counting.

Gimme the elemental sufferings of Mesopotamia...If ya want the Artic, go ta He!! and stay the heck away from me :^)

Think

Warm

Pretty

Pretty

please

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:

Good to see you guys.  This Spring and Summer I went without both Internet and Cable.  Mainly eatinng organics vege's with almonds and local farmer eggs.  I was doing great and doing Yoga before the Sun simultaneously sungazing as part of the repetoir and doing YMCA classes like Pilates, Heavy Bag, Vinyasa yoga, and some Tai Chi, some Power Sculpt.  Now...?

Yo, I don't know IF any of you are IN NE...But think WARM.  For God sakes!!!  Don't let the weatherman influence you, pl-ease.  I really believe weather, like ALL energy is human conscious relative, just any connectivities of passion, mindset, belief, and positive thought influence and influential. 

This was the NE winter that wouldn't die.  Something like coldest in 50 years or something just st#pid.  Eatin' meat more...bones, tendons, lless agile, less active.  I NEED Spring...and The Sun through each and EVERY New Englander <and every jew, gentile, muslim, agnsotic, spaceman from jupiter, etc., etc> NEEDS positive, warm-weather coming Hope of Spring Redemption.  wuf...ugly NE that's overstayed it's welcome by several leaps and a few miles. 

I can handle sweating...any day...every day.  I cannot handle even the slightest circulation unbalance because we haven't seen The Earth fully for 2 1/2 complete months, and counting.

Gimme the elemental sufferings of Mesopotamia...If ya want the Artic, go ta He!! and stay the heck away from me :^)

Think

Warm

Pretty

Pretty

please

" This Spring and Summer I went without both Internet and Cable.  Mainly eatinng organics vege's with almonds and local farmer eggs.  I was doing great and doing Yoga before the Sun simultaneously sungazing as part of the repetoir and doing YMCA classes like Pilates, Heavy Bag, Vinyasa yoga, and some Tai Chi, some Power Sculpt.  

good for you man!

love the intelligence the knowledgableness and the awareness.

good to you man.

by the way, the meat is good for you when raw and not cooked and organic grass fed (especially liver). it actuallly will heal you and make you younger.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Love the love...

Tattoo tommorow.  Very psyched.  Tattoo studio like my bank.  Put the $ down cause I got a permmant vision of transformation and I starve the resta the way til the next pay stub.  Right arm is a 99% done.  Total sleeze withe the hard tribal smoke and drop shading connecting all pieces from the right chest clasp on down on to the hand.  Left side is out of balance.  Left chest clasp is now done with the positive and negative ornamental vinework...  But the pieces are still in disconnect <i.e. out of Universal Male-Female/Right-Left/Spirit-Matter/God-Sun/Sun-God vs Fate-Satan/?/Satan-Fate Balance> underbalanced l-r.  Anyway...Connecting chest clasp down to shoulder.  Other than that, just managed 2 pieces this year:  Tree of Good vs Evil surrounding <not on> left elbow with the positive and the negative upper branches, lower roots flipped//switched <roots around elbow>.  And then Aries Ram/Tauran Bull/Pisces Balance horns extending from my tribal leopard <3 headed beast-leopard frontal with man/bird side pics off side head of leopard>.  Symbology of Angel (the bad 1) leaving guard underneath the Tree of Life so humanity/humankind can govern his/her own deceits in order to see the world more as it trully is...Infinite <see William Blake...and get back ta me ;^)/do i dare & do I dare?>. Still need tricep Tree of Life then all the ornamental vine connections each to each...

Brandon Spikes was a very powerful running/rushing lane disruptor and penetrator and a very intimidating hitter and momentum change and a very, Very, VERY instinctual player towards overall play direction.  Do not shortchange this in favor of Mayo who played 6 games this year, Jamie Collins and his 38 TTs, 3 PDs, 0 other stats and 1 good playoff game, and Hightower's strongside LB benefits <He's surprised me, but DH has GOT to play TO HIS SIZE...he does not...he's young...but he really does not...ZERO shortchanging DH in my estimation superceding what I had personally expected out of him>. 

Think

WARM

New England Passionate and Empassioned

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Guys and gals...check dis out.  Haven't been following for nuthin' near the acceptable pure fanaticism <and 0 less>.  But this guy really caught my eye: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcXeF3SO5WI

BB would have to trade up...  And 99% of the time, I am not a fan of this.  But this would be a very slight trade up.  And overall, I've lightened my stance on the anti trade-up Ideal.  In the happy donuts-are-free & every-sexual-encounter-ends-in-a-2-girl-threeway-and-tantric-bonding-of-fairness-and-orgasmic-mutual-satisfication super-duper-special "Ideal Realm", trading a 26th-32nd 1st Rd pick for either Two 2nd Rders from 33rd-halfway Rd 2 OR 1 early 2nd Rder and a 1st Rder the following year, IS The MOST sensible Ideal in order to acquire the most # of total players at top-tier rated talent in your overall ranks... 

...just not IF you end up selecting Rd 4-UDFA no name no-body, WhoTFknows-this-guy-and-I'm glad-YOU-like-him-at-his-pro-day-Bill-Belicheck-But-WhyInTHe!!-are-you-spending-a-2nd-Rder-on-him-Regardless- Type of Player with those 2 2nd Rders.  That ideal becomes silly when ya get the 150th rated and 567th rated player with Selections #33 and #42.  This...this here...this here's the point when Laz usually wants to murder his fav nfl coach on seemingly any given Draft Day...   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Guys and gals...check dis out.  Haven't been following for nuthin' near the acceptable pure fanaticism <and 0 less>.  But this guy really caught my eye: 

BB would have to trade up...99% of the time, I am not a fan of this.  But very slight trade up.  I've lightened my stance on the anti trade-up Ideal.  In the "Ideal Realm", trading a 26th-32nd 1st Rd pick for either Two 2nd Rders from 33rd-halfway Rd 2 OR 1 early 2nd Rder and a 1st Rder the following year, IS The MOST sensible Ideal in order to acquire the most # of total players at top-tier rated talent in your overall ranks... 

...just not IF you end up selecting Rd 4-UDFA no name no-body, WhoTFknows-this-guy-and-I'm glad-YOU-like-him-at-his-pro-day-Bill-Belicheck-But-WhyInTHe!!-are-you-spending-a-2nd-Rder-on-him-Regardless- Type of Player with those 2 2nd Rders.  That ideal becomes silly when ya get the 150th rated and 567thrated player with Selections #33 and #42.  This is when Laz usually wants to murder his fav nfl coach...   

"This is when Laz usually wants to murder his fav nfl coach..."

laughing...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

by the way, the meat is good for you when raw and not cooked and organic grass fed (especially liver). it actuallly will heal you and make you younger.

Tryin' to be conscious to ALL life bred.  As an American we seem to think we get our meat from The source of either The Deli Counter...or the Fish counter...or the Supermarket meat section.  Too much of a knowledged and knowledgeable disassociation between the Being and the shrink wrapped $4.99 on sale package. 

Human is o.k. though...  but dang there...whad'dat t-bone do ta you?  Can ya pop bambi, bred...Can ya really put a 12 gauge up, point-blank to a tethered bambi, bred...and go-Blambo-Right between Bambi's pretty lil dough eyes.

Don't get me wrong...I'll kill a person on the spot...right...on...the   spot.  IF I had to.  No animal ever hurt me though.  I've had the most vicious dogs, come directly up to me screaming...and then show me their belly.  It's ALL in how they view you.  Then...you will start seeing the they

crocodiles scare me though...it's tough...I'm still slightly at odds with crocodiles.  Velociraptors too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Tryin' to concious to ALL life bred.  As an American we seem to think we get our meat from The source of either The Deli Counter...or the Fish counter...or the Supermarket meat section.  Too much of a knowledged and knowledgeable disassociation between the Being and the shrink wrapped $4.99 on sale package. 

Human is o.k. though...  but dang there...whad'dat t-bone do ta you?  Can ya pop bambi, bred...Can ya really put a 12 gauge up, point-blank to a teethered bambi bred...and go-Blambo-Right between Bambi's pretty lil dough eyes.

Don't get me wrong...I'll kill a person on the spot...right...on...the   spot.  IF I had to.  No animal never hurt me though.  I've had the most vicious dogs, come directly up to me screaming...and then show me their belly.  It's ALL in how they view you.  Then...you will start seeing they. 

crocodiles scare me though...it's tough...I'm still slightly at odds with crocodiles.  Velociraptors too.

love animals man. i dont eat deer. do eat fermented raw beef liver (for the health properties) occasionally, bought from the local farmer at teh farmers market where the cow has roamed free to live a good life before it it's killed (gather you know the plight of typical commercial large scale operations (inhumane and posonous for them and anyone who eats). 

i do see humans as part of teh food chain and would not kill a wild animal, as is the practice, who killd a human.

indgenous people all over the planet, far more connected to their souls than most "civilized" (joke) people, have eaten animals for milennia. but yes there is a relationship between them and what they kill, and every part of the animal is used. all life is sacred to them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

Tryin' to be conscious to ALL life bred.  As an American we seem to think we get our meat from The source of either The Deli Counter...or the Fish counter...or the Supermarket meat section.  Too much of a knowledged and knowledgeable disassociation between the Being and the shrink wrapped $4.99 on sale package. 

Human is o.k. though...  but dang there...whad'dat t-bone do ta you?  Can ya pop bambi, bred...Can ya really put a 12 gauge up, point-blank to a tethered bambi bred...and go-Blambo-Right between Bambi's pretty lil dough eyes.

Don't get me wrong...I'll kill a person on the spot...right...on...the   spot.  IF I had to.  No animal never hurt me though.  I've had the most vicious dogs, come directly up to me screaming...and then show me their belly.  It's ALL in how they view you.  Then...you will start seeing they

love animals man. i dont eat deer. do eat fermented raw beef liver (for the health properties) occasionally, bought from the local farmer at teh farmers market where the cow has roamed free to live a good life before it it's killed (gather you know the plight of typical commercial large scale operations (inhumane and posonous for them and anyone who eats). 

i do see humans as part of teh food chain and would not kill a wild animal, as is the practice, who killd a human.

indgenous people all over the planet, far more connected to their souls than most "civilized" (joke) people, have eaten animals for milennia. but yes there is a relationship between them and what they kill, and every part of the animal is used. all life is sacred to them.

huh

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I believe in deep thoughts...purposeful blindness, close-minded objectivity, censorship of progression...the ironclad deductive reasoning of..."because he s#cked...and I said so, st#p!dhead."

Consequentially...Whats this guy's shirt say?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Glad your back Laz, missed your posts. Your one of the better Draft analyst here. Really miss those. Hope you throw some insight this year, could really use it. Hope you and the Cat are doing OK!

Former BobbySu, got banned for something, still dont know. Probably being Polish.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

BB would have to trade up...  And 99% of the time, I am not a fan of this.  But this would be a very slight trade up.  And overall, I've lightened my stance on the anti trade-up Ideal.  In the happy donuts-are-free & every-sexual-encounter-ends-in-a-2-girl-threeway-and-tantric-bonding-of-fairness-and-orgasmic-mutual-satisfication super-duper-special "Ideal Realm", trading a 26th-32nd 1st Rd pick for either Two 2nd Rders from 33rd-halfway Rd 2 OR 1 early 2nd Rder and a 1st Rder the following year, IS The MOST sensible Ideal in order to acquire the most # of total players at top-tier rated talent in your overall ranks... 

...just not IF you end up selecting Rd 4-UDFA no name no-body, WhoTFknows-this-guy-and-I'm glad-YOU-like-him-at-his-pro-day-Bill-Belicheck-But-WhyInTHe!!-are-you-spending-a-2nd-Rder-on-him-Regardless- Type of Player with those 2 2nd Rders.  That ideal becomes silly when ya get the 150th rated and 567th rated player with Selections #33 and #42.  This...this here...this here's the point when Laz usually wants to murder his fav nfl coach on seemingly any given Draft Day...   

Ya know...not to sound like a pig or anything.  But gettin' 2 B+'ers is a VERY satisfying dream for most of us.  Sure, sure...ya give up the Dime.  2 B+'ers...haha=2.  Ya give up the dime for 2...every...freakin'...time.  Because, hahaha=there's 2.  And dang they ARE a bona fide B+is...  Point is...  There are twooo.  

But then day after Draft Day you're like, "Good GOD...How drunk was I?!? Didn't I even nab a human...holy Goddd!  Now you're saying here were 2 of them like that!?!?  Don't...look at me. Hey, let's just keep this between us...yea, chances are any A- or solid contributor at least...let's just keep the tale of these 2 sea creatures between us..."OmF#in' gahd...THAT is the good news...?!?"

"Yes, Laz...there was a second...The worst in history...since all of time began..."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

Glad your back Laz, missed your posts. Your one of the better Draft analyst here. Really miss those. Hope you throw some insight this year, could really use it. Hope you and the Cat are doing OK!

Former BobbySu, got banned for something, still dont know. Probably being Polish.

Forever place your stance in the minority...Any.  You'll be d#mned...saved.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Wow, great way to start Saturday--Welcome back Laz.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Truly sorry to see you back. We were making inroads regarding having less posters who don't know the game around here. Your return provides a quantum leap in the wrong direction. I'll put you on ignore immediately and save myself exposure to the drivel and spare others the certain conflict.

Coach BB let Spikes walk without a second thought, because Spikes sucks.

Plus 1 million on both counts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Speaking to the Spikes issue, it was time for him to move on.  I wish him well.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Revis=McCourty=Ty Law...i.e. CBs that will tackle, play the run, defend the pass well, lay the wood hard, force a fumble, make a critical play on the ball NO matter what...run or pass...when it's needed...A Complete Cornerback...The ANTI-Asante Samuel.   A solid TEAM playing Defender.  Underappreciated for years before they are ultimately given their rightful due...

...the same with Brandon Spikes.

Not until THIS last year and end of last (12-13) could I say that Mayo was even a non-detriment in his pass-coverage capabilities.  The knock on Spikes HAS been that he was a 2 down Defender...yet so often he WAS kept in sub-packages (like NE's Big Nickel).  His coverage in NE';s 4-3 over (with Hightower often benefitted by being shifted way over on the Strongside LB spot), was Spikes having to cover almost the entire Middle and either the weakside when that line LB rushed, or aspects of both when Hightower shifted up in order to cover the quick TE RB out in the lower flank on that strongside of the field.  Regardless...for a bone-thumping ILB, Spikes WAS thought well enough to stay in on many sub-p's, cover wide swaths, and his PDs/INTs for this responsibility has never been bad @ ILB...

Biggest problem for me...The "white Elephant"...?

Spikes made players around him better and his hitting was feared by O's.  This sets a tempo for YOUR D and strikes a too often underlooked chord by modern NFL Fans, against the opposing O.  Spikes' arrival (@ SILB) signaled Mayo's bounceback year in '10 (@ WILB).  Spikes was a player instinctual, strong, and fearless enough to penetrate, disrupt, and alter an O's play-direction...Do NOT...EVER overlook this.  Spikes was a player instinctual, strong, fearless, and crazy enough to go head-head with an O-Lineman and a FB (or just another O-Lineman) on any given rushing play...taking out at least 1...or 2 blockers...or simply disrupting play-direction after bulling through 1...And THIS action of gearing up, not to make the tackle, but to occupy 2 Offensive Players, does this:  IT FREES UP A DEFENDER TO Make An Open Hit ON the Actual Ball-Carrier. 

Some thread made a joke about "Good Riddance to Spikes".  1 Respondant quipped: "Yea we should all want Defensive Starters as dutiful as Tavon Wilson."  ...cutting and true.  Me and that respondant will go build our team around Spikes and complete CB types...The anti-Spikes crowd can go build dollhouses or something.  We'll come up with a type of D that hasn't gotten their NFL Teams anywhere lately...like a Seattle D...or a 49er D...orrr a Baltimore D.  I DO like dollhouses though...delicate latticework, attention to fragile detail.  I'm not kidding.  Those that KNOW me here, actually know that I'm really not.  Sometimes, like the porcelain set and stuff, or the stairway leg shaving style=AB-surd.  This isn't a coy analogy.  Even though it's becoming 1...  They can be pretty cool with that fine detail-work.  Don't be afraid to say it.  I'm not.  You can be if you want, but whatever=Your loss...not mine.  Like individual roof shingles...

Anyway:  Spikes.  Don't overlook any player that sets the tempo, disrupts, shifts momentum in drive/gameplay in 1 Big Hit and/or at 1 critical junction.  It's odd that it sure seems, That A Great D needs a True Enforcer (or just an overwhelmingly high # of real bone-thumpers as your starters).  Loooove the Revis AND Browning signings...But I Can-NOT overlook the fact that we may have now the Best Secondary I've ever seen as a NE Fan (Revis/DMC/Browning) are 3 freakshows with tight Complete DB Game.  Run/Pass/Hitting/Instincts...Guys that play their game like BB likes it=No exploitable weaknesses (vs. 1 absurd strength-i.e. Asante Samuel...and several exploitable weaknesses-Run D, Route jumping, Hitting...team mentality). 

Even If you (and unfairly) grossly underestimate Spikes as a mere 2 down guy and never anything else (BB didn't)- Brandon Spikes made HIS fellow D starters FAR more complete players when he was on the field.  Like the offseason...But again-I worry that we made our Secondary into a freakshow of talent finally...yet...And for no real poignant reason, Made a hole/have no exploitable defencies (see VW's issue w/ release & still needing a bookend DE next to Chandler Jones)- Up Front in our Run D, Middle of the Field.  We appeared to have this solid finally too...now?  Meh.  We've had a GOOD Run D, and a SOLID control of the interior of the field the past 2-3 years (vs the previous 3-6 before that). 

Hi...I'm back.  I've risen.  I died.  I'm bored with white girl Americanisms.  Why in the event of a zombie apocalypse, Does Sarah Michelle Gellar types always seem to have the survivor skill set, and the jacked athletic, and agile male (usually he's black for some strange reason), Always die?  This isn't a sign-off..  I'm just writing it now...  Right here, not again though.  Maybe, If I feel like it.  Probably not, however.  Some people say that being neurotic is easy.  It ain't.  It takes artistry.  Not sure who those people are...some might though...

Welcome back Laz!!! Hope all is well with you.

Sections
Shortcuts