Spikes...your loss is our loss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: Spikes...your loss is our loss

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Truly sorry to see you back. We were making inroads regarding having less posters who don't know the game around here. Your return provides a quantum leap in the wrong direction. I'll put you on ignore immediately and save myself exposure to the drivel and spare others the certain conflict.

Coach BB let Spikes walk without a second thought, because Spikes sucks.

ROTFLMAO!

Tell you what, Babe, how's about a little contest between you and Laz to prove your point, eh?

Simple situation: Preseason vanilla game: The opposing offense has QB under center, single back set, TE lined up off RT, X-receiver wide left, flanker off the line right, slot receiver lined up left.

Now, you're playing weakside linebacker in a base 4-3.

Question 1: What are your keys and responsibilities?

Question 2: How do those keys/responsibilities change if the Y goes in motion right?

Anyone who knows football can answer the above in his sleep. So, Babe, if you're up for the challenge, you post first your answer first. After you're done, Laz can follow.

When both of you are done answering, let's just let the board vote on who knows the game of football.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

Truly sorry to see you back. We were making inroads regarding having less posters who don't know the game around here. Your return provides a quantum leap in the wrong direction. I'll put you on ignore immediately and save myself exposure to the drivel and spare others the certain conflict.

ROTFLMAO!

Tell you what, Babe, how's about a little contest between you and Laz to prove your point, eh?

Simple situation: Preseason vanilla game: The opposing offense has QB under center, single back set, TE lined up off RT, X-receiver wide left, flanker off the line right, slot receiver lined up left.

Question 2: How do those keys/responsibilities change if the Y goes in motion right?

Anyone who knows football can answer the above in his sleep. So, Babe, if you're up for the challenge, you post first your answer first. After you're done, Laz can follow.

When both of you are done answering, let's just let the board vote on who knows the game of football.

Babe won't do it...he'll say he's still sitting shiva for Pastor Fred Phelps

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

ROTFLMAO!

LOL, true.

But, hey, if Babe could explain what the weak side is, out of shock I'd give him an 'A' for effort!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

ROTFLMAO!

LOL, true.

But, hey, if Babe could explain what the weak side is, out of shock I'd give him an 'A' for effort!

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Laz returns and Adderall sales spike.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

ROTFLMAO!

Are you simply stupid? What do the responsibilities of the Will LB have to do with analyzing the team on a message board?

1. The Will is responsible for the "B" gap between the LT and LG and forcing outside runs to the inside. His read is the linemen and the back. He covers the slot on a pass if in man coverage.

2. If the Y goes in motion he covers the X, if in man coverage.

Your goofy little stunt here should not impress anybody with a lick of sense. The Xs and Os are of little concern when trying to analyze the team in the context of who is doing what and how well.

Time to put your foolishness on ignore. You aren't worth reading. I'm shocked that took this long.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:

Revis=McCourty=Ty Law...i.e. CBs that will tackle, play the run, defend the pass well, lay the wood hard, force a fumble, make a critical play on the ball NO matter what...run or pass...when it's needed...A Complete Cornerback...The ANTI-Asante Samuel.   A solid TEAM playing Defender.  Underappreciated for years before they are ultimately given their rightful due...

...the same with Brandon Spikes.

Not until THIS last year and end of last (12-13) could I say that Mayo was even a non-detriment in his pass-coverage capabilities.  The knock on Spikes HAS been that he was a 2 down Defender...yet so often he WAS kept in sub-packages (like NE's Big Nickel).  His coverage in NE';s 4-3 over (with Hightower often benefitted by being shifted way over on the Strongside LB spot), was Spikes having to cover almost the entire Middle and either the weakside when that line LB rushed, or aspects of both when Hightower shifted up in order to cover the quick TE RB out in the lower flank on that strongside of the field.  Regardless...for a bone-thumping ILB, Spikes WAS thought well enough to stay in on many sub-p's, cover wide swaths, and his PDs/INTs for this responsibility has never been bad @ ILB...

Biggest problem for me...The "white Elephant"...?

Spikes made players around him better and his hitting was feared by O's.  This sets a tempo for YOUR D and strikes a too often underlooked chord by modern NFL Fans, against the opposing O.  Spikes' arrival (@ SILB) signaled Mayo's bounceback year in '10 (@ WILB).  Spikes was a player instinctual, strong, and fearless enough to penetrate, disrupt, and alter an O's play-direction...Do NOT...EVER overlook this.  Spikes was a player instinctual, strong, fearless, and crazy enough to go head-head with an O-Lineman and a FB (or just another O-Lineman) on any given rushing play...taking out at least 1...or 2 blockers...or simply disrupting play-direction after bulling through 1...And THIS action of gearing up, not to make the tackle, but to occupy 2 Offensive Players, does this:  IT FREES UP A DEFENDER TO Make An Open Hit ON the Actual Ball-Carrier. 

Some thread made a joke about "Good Riddance to Spikes".  1 Respondant quipped: "Yea we should all want Defensive Starters as dutiful as Tavon Wilson."  ...cutting and true.  Me and that respondant will go build our team around Spikes and complete CB types...The anti-Spikes crowd can go build dollhouses or something.  We'll come up with a type of D that hasn't gotten their NFL Teams anywhere lately...like a Seattle D...or a 49er D...orrr a Baltimore D.  I DO like dollhouses though...delicate latticework, attention to fragile detail.  I'm not kidding.  Those that KNOW me here, actually know that I'm really not.  Sometimes, like the porcelain set and stuff, or the stairway leg shaving style=AB-surd.  This isn't a coy analogy.  Even though it's becoming 1...  They can be pretty cool with that fine detail-work.  Don't be afraid to say it.  I'm not.  You can be if you want, but whatever=Your loss...not mine.  Like individual roof shingles...

Anyway:  Spikes.  Don't overlook any player that sets the tempo, disrupts, shifts momentum in drive/gameplay in 1 Big Hit and/or at 1 critical junction.  It's odd that it sure seems, That A Great D needs a True Enforcer (or just an overwhelmingly high # of real bone-thumpers as your starters).  Loooove the Revis AND Browning signings...But I Can-NOT overlook the fact that we may have now the Best Secondary I've ever seen as a NE Fan (Revis/DMC/Browning) are 3 freakshows with tight Complete DB Game.  Run/Pass/Hitting/Instincts...Guys that play their game like BB likes it=No exploitable weaknesses (vs. 1 absurd strength-i.e. Asante Samuel...and several exploitable weaknesses-Run D, Route jumping, Hitting...team mentality). 

Even If you (and unfairly) grossly underestimate Spikes as a mere 2 down guy and never anything else (BB didn't)- Brandon Spikes made HIS fellow D starters FAR more complete players when he was on the field.  Like the offseason...But again-I worry that we made our Secondary into a freakshow of talent finally...yet...And for no real poignant reason, Made a hole/have no exploitable defencies (see VW's issue w/ release & still needing a bookend DE next to Chandler Jones)- Up Front in our Run D, Middle of the Field.  We appeared to have this solid finally too...now?  Meh.  We've had a GOOD Run D, and a SOLID control of the interior of the field the past 2-3 years (vs the previous 3-6 before that). 

Hi...I'm back.  I've risen.  I died.  I'm bored with white girl Americanisms.  Why in the event of a zombie apocalypse, Does Sarah Michelle Gellar types always seem to have the survivor skill set, and the jacked athletic, and agile male (usually he's black for some strange reason), Always die?  This isn't a sign-off..  I'm just writing it now...  Right here, not again though.  Maybe, If I feel like it.  Probably not, however.  Some people say that being neurotic is easy.  It ain't.  It takes artistry.  Not sure who those people are...some might though...

LAZ!!! been too long even for a Giants fan-welcome back!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

by the way, the meat is good for you when raw and not cooked and organic grass fed (especially liver). it actuallly will heal you and make you younger.

Tryin' to be conscious to ALL life bred.  As an American we seem to think we get our meat from The source of either The Deli Counter...or the Fish counter...or the Supermarket meat section.  Too much of a knowledged and knowledgeable disassociation between the Being and the shrink wrapped $4.99 on sale package. 

Human is o.k. though...  but dang there...whad'dat t-bone do ta you?  Can ya pop bambi, bred...Can ya really put a 12 gauge up, point-blank to a tethered bambi, bred...and go-Blambo-Right between Bambi's pretty lil dough eyes.

Don't get me wrong...I'll kill a person on the spot...right...on...the   spot.  IF I had to.  No animal ever hurt me though.  I've had the most vicious dogs, come directly up to me screaming...and then show me their belly.  It's ALL in how they view you.  Then...you will start seeing the they

crocodiles scare me though...it's tough...I'm still slightly at odds with crocodiles.  Velociraptors too.

haven't seen a velociraptor in a while myself

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

by the way, the meat is good for you when raw and not cooked and organic grass fed (especially liver). it actuallly will heal you and make you younger.

Tryin' to be conscious to ALL life bred.  As an American we seem to think we get our meat from The source of either The Deli Counter...or the Fish counter...or the Supermarket meat section.  Too much of a knowledged and knowledgeable disassociation between the Being and the shrink wrapped $4.99 on sale package. 

Human is o.k. though...  but dang there...whad'dat t-bone do ta you?  Can ya pop bambi, bred...Can ya really put a 12 gauge up, point-blank to a tethered bambi, bred...and go-Blambo-Right between Bambi's pretty lil dough eyes.

Don't get me wrong...I'll kill a person on the spot...right...on...the   spot.  IF I had to.  No animal ever hurt me though.  I've had the most vicious dogs, come directly up to me screaming...and then show me their belly.  It's ALL in how they view you.  Then...you will start seeing the they

crocodiles scare me though...it's tough...I'm still slightly at odds with crocodiles.  Velociraptors too.

Hope you're not dating a white American girl sportin' a pair of $200 uggs, an audi that her daddy bought her, and texting on her $500 gen 12 iphone about how she totally like wishes she had her gen 11 iphone back (she doesn't).  Because that's a velociraptor right there...and she'll probably eat you in your sleep before blaming you the next morning for being late to her taxing assistant manager job.

My job is to crowd the LOS, hope the weakside SS isn't brain-damaged enough not to jump right up and cover the wideout, know that FS is gonna hedge a couple feet towards the middle, as I tap the 4-3 WDE on the #ss to shift right, the 1-2 DTs and maybe the SDE shifting strong in kind, know that the ILB is gonna back up 1/2 a foot and move 1-2 feet towards the weakside....and pray for the best that there's an overflow towards the QB (hands up), before the release, or that they're st#p#d enough not to call an audible as they run to the strongside, 'cause they'll get met, and maybe try to either go b#lls out to the QB IF he's lookin' left, OR try to jab the RB's facemask with my fist as I snub 'im on route with my hands up to the QB, (ILB will be getting to the slowed down RB on the weak inevitably)- hoping that this is enough for the opposing QB not to exploit the left side of the D...

Or I play it grazy with the other 3 LBs and drop back in to zone and hope mehhh? 

Either way I'm asking what the Coach's credentials are for seeing the O personell, and not calling in a sub package, like a Big Nickel...or any 4-2-5, even a 3-4. 

My responsibility is to call a timeout.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

I saw one show up in the strangest place the other day.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

where's that...?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

It doesn't even see you...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Where should my focal point be?  Whats'zat one'a those quaint outdoor cafes...somewhere nestled up in the Hills?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I'm not in to sunglasses, they blind you...I like to Sun Gaze.

The text types at the crotch line...directly at the crotch line.  Try it if ya don't believe me...

and lower...

=Velociraptor

got it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

and lower...

=Velociraptor

got it.

It takes some picture study to notice the Velociraptor

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

That's the little known unmentionable about velociraptors.  They have dangerous body parts.  They might pretend to hide that fact.  But you know it, and THEY know it...  It's often so hard to do the thing that's gonna keep you from being eaten by a Velociraptor: MAINTAIN Eye-Eye Contact...it'll keep ya alive.  Some say that the pinpoint focused solely strayless eye-eye gaze will keep you dead...and sure, there's a very strong case for those in that camp, too.  It has a lot to do with cavepeople and huntin' and stuff, I suppose...

In the end, the puzzle-piece boils down to William Blake, and 'The Doors of Perception.'

"Mankind has closed himself off til he sees thro' narrow chinks in his cavern; For when the doors of perception are cleans'd, Man will see things as they trully are, breasts."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I been watchin' "Naked & Afraid" on the history channel.  When the couple are out foraging or walking or walking or something, I'm not really sure because I was staring at 1 of their naked bvtts.  Then I click back & go, "There's a storyline here..."  They block the front part out though.  We're a very odd culture, Chainsaws to exploding veins are A-O.k. on a 1pm Saturday Afternoon show on TBS...but I'm not sure that HBO has taken to fully accepting the fact that Americans won't go in to respiratory failure for passing the camera below the chest line on a 2am TVMA Friday night "very dangerous" "skin-flick."

I see that The girl on tonight's show has taken to jungle treking with a canvas shoulder sash, swung carefully around her rear-end...  The guy too, I think...but whoTH really knows...?  Either way that's what the 1st girl did, after they ate apples...guessin' it made you more focused on survival=Teamwork=Repressed Desires="I got a handful of peaches and we didn't roll in the hay...don't look at my bvtt, focus on the peaches and you'll be happier...probably not, but you won't starve & we'll do it in the cave tonight."

That's knowledge right there...ya lose somethin', ya gain somethin'.  Abundant Recompense...it'll take a while.  Lota effort, lot more sweat and learnin' stuff back.  Just sittin' around can probably be pretty boring if you do it for eons...still, Re-ally, expensive apple.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

I'm not in to sunglasses, they blind you...I like to Sun Gaze.

The text types at the crotch line...directly at the crotch line.  Try it if ya don't believe me...

and lower...

=Velociraptor

got it.

lmao....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Revis=McCourty=Ty Law...i.e. CBs that will tackle, play the run, defend the pass well, lay the wood hard, force a fumble, make a critical play on the ball NO matter what...run or pass...when it's needed...A Complete Cornerback...The ANTI-Asante Samuel.   A solid TEAM playing Defender.  Underappreciated for years before they are ultimately given their rightful due...

Not until THIS last year and end of last (12-13) could I say that Mayo was even a non-detriment in his pass-coverage capabilities.  The knock on Spikes HAS been that he was a 2 down Defender...yet so often he WAS kept in sub-packages (like NE's Big Nickel).  His coverage in NE';s 4-3 over (with Hightower often benefitted by being shifted way over on the Strongside LB spot), was Spikes having to cover almost the entire Middle and either the weakside when that line LB rushed, or aspects of both when Hightower shifted up in order to cover the quick TE RB out in the lower flank on that strongside of the field.  Regardless...for a bone-thumping ILB, Spikes WAS thought well enough to stay in on many sub-p's, cover wide swaths, and his PDs/INTs for this responsibility has never been bad @ ILB...

Spikes made players around him better and his hitting was feared by O's.  This sets a tempo for YOUR D and strikes a too often underlooked chord by modern NFL Fans, against the opposing O.  Spikes' arrival (@ SILB) signaled Mayo's bounceback year in '10 (@ WILB).  Spikes was a player instinctual, strong, and fearless enough to penetrate, disrupt, and alter an O's play-direction...Do NOT...EVER overlook this.  Spikes was a player instinctual, strong, fearless, and crazy enough to go head-head with an O-Lineman and a FB (or just another O-Lineman) on any given rushing play...taking out at least 1...or 2 blockers...or simply disrupting play-direction after bulling through 1...And THIS action of gearing up, not to make the tackle, but to occupy 2 Offensive Players, does this:  IT FREES UP A DEFENDER TO Make An Open Hit ON the Actual Ball-Carrier. 

Some thread made a joke about "Good Riddance to Spikes".  1 Respondant quipped: "Yea we should all want Defensive Starters as dutiful as Tavon Wilson."  ...cutting and true.  Me and that respondant will go build our team around Spikes and complete CB types...The anti-Spikes crowd can go build dollhouses or something.  We'll come up with a type of D that hasn't gotten their NFL Teams anywhere lately...like a Seattle D...or a 49er D...orrr a Baltimore D.  I DO like dollhouses though...delicate latticework, attention to fragile detail.  I'm not kidding.  Those that KNOW me here, actually know that I'm really not.  Sometimes, like the porcelain set and stuff, or the stairway leg shaving style=AB-surd.  This isn't a coy analogy.  Even though it's becoming 1...  They can be pretty cool with that fine detail-work.  Don't be afraid to say it.  I'm not.  You can be if you want, but whatever=Your loss...not mine.  Like individual roof shingles...

Anyway:  Spikes.  Don't overlook any player that sets the tempo, disrupts, shifts momentum in drive/gameplay in 1 Big Hit and/or at 1 critical junction.  It's odd that it sure seems, That A Great D needs a True Enforcer (or just an overwhelmingly high # of real bone-thumpers as your starters).  Loooove the Revis AND Browning signings...But I Can-NOT overlook the fact that we may have now the Best Secondary I've ever seen as a NE Fan (Revis/DMC/Browning) are 3 freakshows with tight Complete DB Game.  Run/Pass/Hitting/Instincts...Guys that play their game like BB likes it=No exploitable weaknesses (vs. 1 absurd strength-i.e. Asante Samuel...and several exploitable weaknesses-Run D, Route jumping, Hitting...team mentality). 

Even If you (and unfairly) grossly underestimate Spikes as a mere 2 down guy and never anything else (BB didn't)- Brandon Spikes made HIS fellow D starters FAR more complete players when he was on the field.  Like the offseason...But again-I worry that we made our Secondary into a freakshow of talent finally...yet...And for no real poignant reason, Made a hole/have no exploitable defencies (see VW's issue w/ release & still needing a bookend DE next to Chandler Jones)- Up Front in our Run D, Middle of the Field.  We appeared to have this solid finally too...now?  Meh.  We've had a GOOD Run D, and a SOLID control of the interior of the field the past 2-3 years (vs the previous 3-6 before that). 

Hi...I'm back.  I've risen.  I died.  I'm bored with white girl Americanisms.  Why in the event of a zombie apocalypse, Does Sarah Michelle Gellar types always seem to have the survivor skill set, and the jacked athletic, and agile male (usually he's black for some strange reason), Always die?  This isn't a sign-off..  I'm just writing it now...  Right here, not again though.  Maybe, If I feel like it.  Probably not, however.  Some people say that being neurotic is easy.  It ain't.  It takes artistry.  Not sure who those people are...some might though...

Back with an Astounding Post as well. I couldnt have written it better. I loved the Way Spikes set the tone here and all posters ever did was try to make excuses for Mayo and how he was so much better. Even PcmIV always discredited him by saying Mayo plays on subpackages and Spikes did not when we know it wasnt true. Ive seen it in many of games where Spikes/Mayo were in similar situations in pass coverage and Spikes did better. He wasnt SUPPOSED to be better with his 5.0 40 but he was. Case in point. 2 years ago vs R.Bush in Miami. !st quarter, Bush catches a swing pass, Mayo tries to corral him, goes for hesitation and gives up 30 yards on the play. When faced with same scenario, Spikes with a slower 40, knew how to leverage his position to make BUSH cut back and was waiting, made a stop for 3 yards. Spikes also got a few INTS playing the middle in zone and like Laz said, Mayo hasnt didnt join the playmaking party until to the end of 2012.

Spikes has made plays the whole time he was here. He had a stint 2 years ago where he had 4 KEY forced fumbles in a 6 week stretch that were ALL game changers. Im gonna miss intensity, but like most fickle fans here, they were already bashing him on the way out once their god BB determined he wasnt coming back. Before that, lots of fans recognized  his importance, even the rusty one but some here are still mad at a sex tape that popped up rookie year??   I guess they were jealous....   smh

Give me Guys that set the Tone EVERYDAY, ALL DAY!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Baby you know nothing about football other than Brady is cute.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Where should my focal point be?  Whats'zat one'a those quaint outdoor cafes...somewhere nestled up in the Hills?

I don't know about hills but I'd like to nestle in those mountains.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Back with an Astounding Post as well. I couldnt have written it better. I loved the Way Spikes set the tone here and all posters ever did was try to make excuses for Mayo and how he was so much better. Even PcmIV always discredited him by saying Mayo plays on subpackages and Spikes did not when we know it wasnt true. Ive seen it in many of games where Spikes/Mayo were in similar situations in pass coverage and Spikes did better. He wasnt SUPPOSED to be better with his 5.0 40 but he was. Case in point. 2 years ago vs R.Bush in Miami. !st quarter, Bush catches a swing pass, Mayo tries to corral him, goes for hesitation and gives up 30 yards on the play. When faced with same scenario, Spikes with a slower 40, knew how to leverage his position to make BUSH cut back and was waiting, made a stop for 3 yards. Spikes also got a few INTS playing the middle in zone and like Laz said, Mayo hasnt didnt join the playmaking party until to the end of 2012.

Spikes has made plays the whole time he was here. He had a stint 2 years ago where he had 4 KEY forced fumbles in a 6 week stretch that were ALL game changers. Im gonna miss intensity, but like most fickle fans here, they were already bashing him on the way out once their god BB determined he wasnt coming back. Before that, lots of fans recognized  his importance, even the rusty one but some here are still mad at a sex tape that popped up rookie year??   I guess they were jealous....   smh

Give me Guys that set the Tone EVERYDAY, ALL DAY!

So this must be why Mayo has led all LBs in tackles because he sucks. Spikes was a good backup who wanted starter money. That's why he's no longer here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

ROTFLMAO!

LOL, true.

Am I the only one that could see Babe feverishly Googling for the answer to your question?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Ha.  Why you calling me out bro?  JK it's cool.  I never discredited Spikes.  I liked him, but he's not better than Mayo.  Sorry.  Look no one is saying Spikes was never on the field in sub packages or that Mayo never makes mistakes, but the team's preference was to get him off the field in obvious passing situations.  Just look at the 2012 season (which was probably his best).  Mayo played 1047 snaps while Spikes played only 721.  That's not a trivial difference.  That's the coaching staff playing to his strengths.  The whole reason I posted what I did in the first place is that posters were making arguments that Spikes was better than Mayo because they were assuming if he played more snaps that his stats would scale accordingly.  You can't do that when the player is being taken off the field on the subset of snaps that don't play to his strengths.  It's the same reason you can't assume a pass rusher who only comes in on 3rd and longs is going to have 3x as many sacks if he played all 3 downs.  Context matters.  Spikes was a fine player for us, but there's a reason that Mayo has been an all-pro and Spikes has never sniffed a pro bowl.

Sections
Shortcuts