SPLIT REACTIONS TO BOUNTYGATE: BRUSCHI +YOUNG GET IT, GOLIC IS STUCK IN THE PAST...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

SPLIT REACTIONS TO BOUNTYGATE: BRUSCHI +YOUNG GET IT, GOLIC IS STUCK IN THE PAST...

interesting listening to the intensity of all the experts lately. tells you a lot about some people's deep roots and psychology. mike golic is a buddy ryan disciple and he wants no restrictions whatsoever. cant seem to grasp how things would be different whether there was a bounty or not. cant believe someone is really this dumb. marcellu wiley and keyshawn johnson both are against it. wiley seems intensely so. lets put skirts on them bla and bla. from a pure legal risk perspective, nfl would be idiots to do nothing. all these tough guys when they have to deal with the consequences of their concussions per example start to whine and now you have 700 of them suing the nfl.

i like ted johnson and he was your proverbial tough guy but now that there are consequencesfrom his recklessness, mr. tough guy is taking the girl way out and suing the nfl, belichick and the pats from not doing a better job of putting a skirt on him and protecting him from himself. a guy like wiley would be the first to sue when his back gives way as he ages or a retaliatory bounty hate makes it impossible to walk due to a deliberate blow or 2 to his vulnerable knees.

but leave it to steve young or a tedy to bring some sanity perspective to the situation. tedy by default made bb loook pretty good as well.

tedy: the pats contributed small sums for stuff like being tardy or missed tackles, rewarded sacks and so forth. but under no circumstances did anyone get rewarded for knocking anyone out, making a hard hit (merriweather would really become the party starter) and it wouldnt have been tolerated by bb or any leader on the team for they wanted smart not thuggish plays. saw the opponents as his brothers and wanted to win but only up to a point. he feels goody should come down as hard as he could. for those of you dismissing spygate as some witchhunt, tedy made it clear that the pats were rightfully punished for deliberately violating a ditect order by the commish which give him no choice but to bring vengeance upon thee. he openly admits that the pats were WRONGGG! got that? he calls it fairly.

steve young: this is fundamentally a gentlemanly game of rules and not a bloodsport. its time for goody to send a strong enough message to permanently eliminate any possible official sanction by any nfl or major coach anywhere at anytime. feels there is no room for this garbage anywhere at anytime anymore.. its over (how many of his and aikman's concussions were bounty hits?)

tony dungy: no doubt the 2006 hit on peyton by the skins when willliams was there was deliberate and part of the bounty based on what he's been hearing from the skins guys who were around at the time, incl one of the guys involved with the vicious up and down tackle on peyton that started his neck issues. messing with saint dungy is never a good idea, will further bring hell and fury down from goody.

mike lombardi: me and belichick give reggie white a $600 jacket when trying to recruit him to cleveland and the commish called us to say it would count against our cap number. right there is a cap circumventionproblem with the saints, they will get punished with a cap hit as part of the consequences for keeping a bounty. also, this is going to be a very big deal but where did all this $ come from? i keep hearing that outside influences not connected with the saints were involved, could lead to gambling or even mob types. payton will be suspended for nothing less than 5 games. just as nixon knew about the wiretaps, payton had to know! (nixon came up a lot)

adam schefter: vilma will get about 5 games. williams should get life (peter king said the same)

kurt warner: the hit on me in 2009 was intentional. no place for it, the commish must send a messsage.

favre: its just football. no biggie.. but i did feel there was something extra going on in that 2009 game.. suspected there was a bounty while the game was going on.. couldnt believe guys were hitting him at the handoff while letting the RB go for 15-30 yards.

mike detellier: (covers the saints).. no doubt payton knew about everything. the guy's a total control freak. (then listed every transgression payton has had incl shenanigans with reggie bush's agent). "saints were at the wrong place at the right time back in 2009, now they must pay. gregg williams did this in tennessee, have always been rumblings about their dirty play. williams should be permanently banned from the league and payton suspended a year"

colin cowherd: league must come down hard on the saints, equivalent to the death penalty in college football. nothing less than taking away their top 3 draft picks this and next year to really hurt them. fines and even suspensions just won't cut it. nfl must legally cover itself to appease judges that will be hearing their concussion cases going forward. they must worry about the business not lthe small agenda of the players, who cares what they think, they sinply do not matter in this instance".

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Re: SPLIT REACTIONS TO BOUNTYGATE: BRUSCHI +YOUNG GET IT, GOLIC IS STUCK IN THE PAST...

LMFAO!!!!!

OK, brainiac, let's play "What if?"   What if there was NO leaking of "Bountygate"? Would you/we be looking behind the curtain on EVERY hit that left someone woozy or needing to be carted off the field? Forget about just Pats players (like Gronk's injury vs the Ravens, where the reaction was that the hit was intented to injure). What if, as we have seen, a player gets injured enough to be carried off the field due to a hit that does not appear to be "intended to injure"? Injuries to players hit while in the act of making a cut, when the knee is exposed? Gonna cry "FOUL!" on all those?

Let's look at how these hits are presented to the public? Think the media, with NFL blessings, pumps this up? Watch highlights, and you'll see just as many "great hits" as scoring plays. How about ex-players exclaiming, "You got 'jacked up'!" Ever go to a sports bar when multiple games are in progress, and hear what happens when a monster hit gets delivered? I always hear the "Whoa! Did you see that?", or "What a hit! That'll leave a mark!", etc. Never, other than when an injured local team player is involved, "IS that legal? or Is there a bounty on him?" 

Ryan got caught with the Bounty and Body Bag stuff. The NFL didn't like it for the image. Williams was previously warned by the NFL to cease the activity, yet carried on. Because of his ignoring the warning, he's got to pay, as well as the Saints, just as BB and the Pats did for Spygate. But, if they ban allowing money to be paid for hits, injury causing or not, does nothing for the game itself. Do yoiu honestly think that Ray Lewis, or Suggs, or Merriweather, or James Harrison, or Palomalu would let up on how they play because paying money was banned?

Yes, get rid of Bountygate and stop allowing players to pay themselves for big hits. Get brighter skirts on the QB's, make LB's politely ask RB's to either slide down or go out of bounds, and ban chasing down a reveiver if the chaser's angle is greater than 10 degrees from the receiver's plane. 

Also, ban allowing QB's to buy dinner, Rolexes, or trips for his OLinemen, if he has a healthy season. After all, it's possible that OLinemen can have their own Bountygate too. Or, am I crazy when seieng injuries to DLinemen just out trying to do their jobs too? Naw! DLinemen NEVER get hurt rushing a QB!!!!! And only those nasty defenders could possibly benefit from a Bountygate situation!!!

To be "fair", make it illegal for any monetary compensation of any kind, than what is blessed and sanctioned by the NFL in the form of player's contracts, to be paid out to any active player or coach. 

There, does that solution make you all warm and fuzzy all over and happy? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Re: SPLIT REACTIONS TO BOUNTYGATE: BRUSCHI +YOUNG GET IT, GOLIC IS STUCK IN THE PAST...

it's already a REDICULOUSLY OVERBLOWN story and Patriots fans (of all fans!!) should not be jumping up and down for the stiffest penalty to be handed down. I think a 4 game suspension and 250K fine is plenty if not too much. The league should NEVER even have the right to touch draft picks. If there were so many hits that were grossly illegal why weren't penalties called on those plays!!!??? That is the real question. All of the holier than thou high and mighty idiots need to step back from the media FRENZY and really analyze this...That being said Godell is an idiot that will be heavily influenced by the press and everything else and I do expect multiple draft picks, suspensions, and massive fines. I sympathize with Saints fans right now. This is total BS...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: SPLIT REACTIONS TO BOUNTYGATE: BRUSCHI +YOUNG GET IT, GOLIC IS STUCK IN THE PAST...:
    [QUOTE] Maybe,probably not.But due to lawsuits over head injuries the NFL has to come down very hard on this.if not the NFL will no longer exist in its present form.
    Posted by sod11[/QUOTE]

Ever see highlight shows when monster hits are shown as well as scores or "big" plays? The NFL glorifies this, and I've seen many such hits on THEIR OWN network shows. Yet, not a big hit is a bad thing. (Love the show were the EX-PLAYERS loudly and proudly exclaim that the player on the highlight just got "JACKED UP!")

Make "bounties" illegal. Make exchanging money or anything of measurable value (meals/gfts/trips, etc) between the team and players, or players and players illegal. I got that point, and I don't disagree. That puts the band aid on the boo boo. Now, please explain how that eliminates big hits, injuries, or your precious concussions? How does it eliminate a player just wanting to, all on his unannounced little old self, from taking out an opposing player? Besides the few blatant/stupid hits we see every year, who will determine if it's a "take out" hit, or an injury happening during regular play? Go ahead, you tell us how to determine the intent part. Is it a simple as "no penalty flag on the field"? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: SPLIT REACTIONS TO BOUNTYGATE: BRUSCHI +YOUNG GET IT, GOLIC IS STUCK IN THE PAST...:
    [QUOTE]it's already a REDICULOUSLY OVERBLOWN story and Patriots fans (of all fans!!) should not be jumping up and down for the stiffest penalty to be handed down. I think a 4 game suspension and 250K fine is plenty if not too much. The league should NEVER even have the right to touch draft picks. If there were so many hits that were grossly illegal why weren't penalties called on those plays!!!??? That is the real question. All of the holier than thou high and mighty idiots need to step back from the media FRENZY and really analyze this...That being said Godell is an idiot that will be heavily influenced by the press and everything else and I do expect multiple draft picks, suspensions, and massive fines. I sympathize with Saints fans right now. This is total BS...
    Posted by jam757[/QUOTE]

The penalty part is mentioned because Williams was previously warned not to do this anymnore, and the Saints should have known, especially a micro-managing HC. Suspend the offender, fine the HC and team,a nd dock draft choice. The standard has been set by the NFL for Spygate (continued ingoring a NFL directive to cease a specific activity.) Recall gthat event when it was made clear that the Pats and every NFL team was sent a directive to cease the filming?

The precedent for severe penalties has been set. Let's see if the NFL stands behind it. If not, perhaps the Patriots problem was that they didn't injure an opposing player during the filming! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]it's already a REDICULOUSLY OVERBLOWN story and Patriots fans (of all fans!!) should not be jumping up and down for the stiffest penalty to be handed down. I think a 4 game suspension and 250K fine is plenty if not too much. The league should NEVER even have the right to touch draft picks. If there were so many hits that were grossly illegal why weren't penalties called on those plays!!!??? That is the real question. All of the holier than thou high and mighty idiots need to step back from the media FRENZY and really analyze this...That being said Godell is an idiot that will be heavily influenced by the press and everything else and I do expect multiple draft picks, suspensions, and massive fines. I sympathize with Saints fans right now. This is total BS...
    Posted by jam757[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but the NEVER train left the station years ago. The precedent has been set and must be adhered to.

I have no sympathy for Saints' fans regarding the punishment that will be levied. That cat has been out of the bag for a while. Goodell is a stooge, we all know that. But I do sympathize with the endless years of enduring mindless imbeciles calling them cheaters the Saints' fans will have to withstand. Running the gauntlet of exposure to stupidity is something I wish on no man, well, except the stupid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

for those of you stuck in the rush limbaugh stone age, let me quote the king of mainstream prudence, mr. michael felger: this is a disater for the league and for mr. williams and the saints for now any player that ever got a knee injury from a perceived bounty from mr. williams can now sue and sue big and likely win.. there is no winning on this for mr. williams or the nfl. he has exposed them to a toon of liability and risk going forward".. got that? thats the way the world works, its a business.

i own and run a business. i would immediately fire and separate myself from anyone who put me and my business in such a pickle. gregg williams will never coach in the nfl again.. period! he will get a lifetime ban, loomis will somehow not be in NO to start the season.. period. sean payton will be out for a few games if not the entire year. this is about perception, reality be damned. guys hit , i like to see hard hits, so what? you cant give the perception of paying for injury..

are you too dumb to get that simple concept? mutually drinking with and "happpening" to get in the sack by coincidence with your cousin or best bud's wife is a lot different than calling her up and inviting her to a candlelit dinner at your crib where you slip her some sleeping pills and have your way with her. is that not obvious? stuff just happening is a lot different than creating the perception of going out your way to make stuff happen!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SPLIT REACTIONS TO BOUNTYGATE: BRUSCHI +YOUNG GET IT, GOLIC IS STUCK IN THE PAST... : The penalty part is mentioned because Williams was previously warned not to do this anymnore, and the Saints should have known, especially a micro-managing HC. Suspend the offender, fine the HC and team,a nd dock draft choice. The standard has been set by the NFL for Spygate (continued ingoring a NFL directive to cease a specific activity.) Recall gthat event when it was made clear that the Pats and every NFL team was sent a directive to cease the filming? The precedent for severe penalties has been set. Let's see if the NFL stands behind it. If not, perhaps the Patriots problem was that they didn't injure an opposing player during the filming!   
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]you're missing it.. big difference here is that mr. KRAFT had no clue. buck stopped totally with the gm/coach in bb! with saints, it was over years and the owner was directly warned and knew about it. his gm ignored him, there was no institutional control and accountability. the punishment must be vastly tougher. plus its the wrong perception at the wrong time. there was no spying epidemic going on, that came out of nowhere.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Posted by jam757[/QUOTE]

Seriously! 
    Intentionally targeting a player with intent to injure is not only against NFL rules but could be considered criminal.  (don't think for one minute that's not being discussed right now)  In fact I read that it could be considered a 2nd degree felony with 6 yrs in prison, under Louisiana laws.
    The Saints lied to hinder investigation.  Another criminal offense.
    The Saints ignored a warning and after they said they would stop, continued the practice for 2 additional years.
    The Saints, after being confronted with 50k pages of evidence, admitted that they knew what they were doing was wrong.
    The Saints violated cap rules and violated IRS laws.  Again a federal offense!
    Where is the BS?
    They will be very lucky not to do jail time, have to pay Attorneys to defend them, and pay IRS penalties for several years.
    They put the NFL in a position to have to act severely in order to avoid Lawsuits of their own.
    Cripes, they tried to sue the Pats for spygate.  What do you think this one will bring???  Holy He11, that's what!
    The only reason this is not being played-up as much as Spygate is because it can and actually will get the NFL in trouble. (or at very least give credence to the concussion suits)     They want it to go away as quickly as possible.  Bet on it!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Why does anyone even care about this?  You can't tell me that watching the superbowl, if Wilfork blasted Eli and knocked him out for the rest of the game, you wouldn't be happy.  So why all the complaining that teams do this?  so what if there was a side wager going on.  I understand why Goodell would be up in arms over this, and maybe some offensive players... but fans?  Why care?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]Why does anyone even care about this?  You can't tell me that watching the superbowl, if Wilfork blasted Eli and knocked him out for the rest of the game, you wouldn't be happy.  So why all the complaining that teams do this?  so what if there was a side wager going on.  I understand why Goodell would be up in arms over this, and maybe some offensive players... but fans?  Why care?
    Posted by N2thaIzzo[/QUOTE]

Why does anyone care?

Because if you are a Pats Fan you were and still are subject to massive amounts of dung thrown from terminal idiots who screamed and are still screaming that Spy Gate was worse than anything that had ever happened in Professional Sports.

And the offense was that the Pats were video taping from an area that was not allowed.  If they were video taping from 50 feet back it probably would have been OK.  What a crock of BS.

Now if the person doing the video taping had somehow managed to launch his Camera from a Rocket Launcher that hit an opposing player with said Camera with the intent to injure that opposing player, this might have risen to the same level of the Saints Coaching Staff being complicit paying players to deliberately injure the opposition.

That's why.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Make "bounties" illegal. Make exchanging money or anything of measurable value (meals/gfts/trips, etc) between the team and players, or players and players illegal.

* Unreal!   the expense report police are every where! *

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

Posted by jam757[/QUOTE]
    BS and rediculous is how you feel then I guess you wouldnt mind if some one paid some one else to break your knee caps.  I mean according to your logic what Tonya Harding had done to Nacy Kerrigan is a OK.  I dont think you are grasping the legality of paying some one to hurt some one else.  Jail time is the result in the real world.  I can garantee that there are a bunch of Lawyers salvating at the litigation possiblities.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

I hope that the Saints and the NFL get sued until they are bleeding red.  Paying some one to hurt some one is a crime with strict penalties in the real world and the NFL is part of the real world the last time I checked.  We will wait and see who will sue the Saints and the NFL but if no one comes forward maybe a class action suit will ensue on every injury commited by the New Orleans Saints during the Williams era.  The case would be clear and clean cut with outcome rewarding the plaintiffs.  This could get ugly for the Saints and will definetly be a career ender for Williams.