Sport Science Nate Solder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

Sport Science Nate Solder

Not sure if this was posted. It is pretty cool for anyone interested in the new OL. 

Guy is a beast.. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

Re: Sport Science Nate Solder

Absolutely. Im drooling in anticipation for next year (even if everyone is upset with the 14-2 pass-rushless team). Of course, my drool is being dried up by the lockout...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Sport Science show is hyping his abilities a bit, but Solder did knock down a whole bunch of dummies last year.  142 knockdowns, tops in the college ranks last year.  Solder proves that momentum has two components -- mass and velocity -- he'll put on more mass by September, and he gets up to full velocity in about 5 or 10 yards so he hits like a cue ball hits the 1 ball on an energetic break.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonMex2. Show RonMex2's posts

The dude is a stud..great coverage on him at 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Damn, he looks fast for a guy that size.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

I hold my opinion until I see him shut down Freeney.  The bag in the clip wasn't dipping a shoulder of spinning like a madman.  I do think Solder has huge potential.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Just for fun, somebody should mention how he got pushed around like a rag doll at the Senior Bowl.

Oh . . .    wait . . .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Sport Science Nate Solder:
    Just for fun, somebody should mention how he got pushed around like a rag doll at the Senior Bowl. Oh . . .    wait . . .
    Posted by p-mike

I read that he faired well. McShay raved about him. 

I know he had one bad play, the OL loser that day was Costanzo. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

ok. really with the the max power ish?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Sport Science Nate Solder : I read that he faired well. McShay raved about him.  I know he had one bad play, the OL loser that day was Costanzo. 
    Posted by zbellino

I'll admit I'm playing devil's advocate here. I'm not a scout (and I certainly don't play one on the internet), but I was concerned watching the draft when the NFL Network's guru, Mike Mayock -- who had spent the entire evening pointing out the positive aspects of every draft pick to that point -- said a lot of cute things about "upside" and "body type" while showing footage of Solder routinely getting pushed back into the pocket.

I expect the kid will be fine, in time, but I tend to agree with the guy who wants to see him play a little bit before I reach a state where I need to wipe myself over him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Scar will fine tune him & make a perenial pro bowler out of him....Cannon will be right there too....Dante IS THE MAN!!!!!

All that said, he might not be THAT good until 2012....when he'll have a year under his belt then a full camp prior to the season....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Sport Science Nate Solder : I read that he faired well. McShay raved about him.  I know he had one bad play, the OL loser that day was Costanzo. 
    Posted by zbellino

I read that too...but then I watched tape and read more full scout day by day practice reports...  He looked ugly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Sport Science Nate Solder : I'll admit I'm playing devil's advocate here. I'm not a scout (and I certainly don't play one on the internet), but I was concerned watching the draft when the NFL Network's guru, Mike Mayock -- who had spent the entire evening pointing out the positive aspects of every draft pick to that point -- said a lot of cute things about "upside" and "body type" while showing footage of Solder routinely getting pushed back into the pocket. I expect the kid will be fine, in time, but I tend to agree with the guy who wants to see him play a little bit before I reach a state where I need to wipe myself over him.
    Posted by p-mike

He is what he is (where have we heard that?). 

The kid is a prospect. I think the senior bowl is a dog and pony show next to only the combine. When you areflat out dominant for several seasons in a big-12 schedule, then you have something. 

In the end, like everyone, he is a prospect. So I'm not gushing about him either I guess, because he could be terrible in the NFL. 

But from what I saw of the senior bowl he looked good. Mayock? When you dig and dig at what all of these guys think, you realize that some people have their "guys" and other people don't have their "guys".

Sometimes Mayock is right like with Branden Albert.

Other times he is wrong, like with Alex Mack, who he had as the third best center in the 2009 draft, which translates to what, the 3rd or 4th round? He went to the probowl after being drafted 20th and getting p00ped on by Mayock. 

Rang, Reuter, Prisco, Judge, the SportsExchange, ScoutsInc, etc had him in the high teens.

Mayock was being a baby because he thought Costanzo was better and had him going later around 24 iirc. 

Sections
Shortcuts