Sporting News Picks Pats for SB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Sporting News Picks Pats for SB

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-06-06/super-bowl-prediction-packers-to-repeat-given-the-chance

Agree on their thoughts that the offense should be even better this year (assuming Mankins plays).

Just think about it....we had a great offense last year.

This coming year we get contributions from the likes of:

1) Eddelman
    2) Price
    3) Tate
    4)Vereen
    5) Ridley

Not to mention that Hernandez will be healthy. And I'm not even including Cannon and Solder on the OL.

Scary offense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Re: Sporting News Picks Pats for SB

That same article also picked the packers to win that SB. I think NE will play in Indy and not only play but WIN. It is time for the Pats to win another SB.

Packers won't repeat again. Neither will the Saints.

Go Pats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

It never matters who any of these magazines pick...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

1 of note RE: NE's Defensive progression for this upcoming year:  I know that it was a pretty basic, & somewhat meaningless Brady-led get together this past week b/c of the lockout, but 2 guys I didn't like whom were absent from the workout were=Brandon Spikes & Marcus Stroud.  2 guys imho, who are VERY critical for NE's D to take that next step this year...  Spikes, I AM worried now RE: that ADD drug, when he isn't on track with many of the team showing up.  I just can't even begin to express the fact that without Spikes, Mayo at weakside, will be The Mayo of the year before last-Largely a non-factor w/out a good SILB to take on the extra lineman (think how different things were when Guyton was getting killed, then the O-line would work towards Mayo).  Stroud, some say will be lucky to make it through training camp...  Lmao-No chance.  Stroud has the chance to compete w/ Gerrard Warren to start on 1 side.  Last year was his very 1st 1 on a 3-4 D, and he was STILL decent stat-wise AS a 3-4 lineman (mor#n Bills just saw that he didn't perform AS well as when he was on a 4 man front, and coupled w/ his price, completely sold him short-they'll learn that 6'5-6'6 310lb D-lineman who even are willing to play on a 3-4 D, don't come around every single day...we did).  Either way, Ty Warren & Gerrard aren't spring chickens anymore, and either 1 could go down at anytime.  Stroud too, is absolutely critical (even IF it's in a Jarvis Green type role as 1st one off the bench). 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

I freakin wish we had drafted a 4-3 de, even Romeus.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I really don't see why they would be favored. Are they good? yes. Certainly a very good regular season team as of late, but not playoff prime time. They still have a pretty weak pass rush as they've had for the past 3-4 years - and their running game certainly improved vs. the year before - but only because of the TE corp.  It'd be kewl to see them add a back that can gain some tough, short, north-south yardage. They could certainly control the clock a lot better with a premier-type back  all around back that can run AND catch. 

At times last year, I thought they would move away from predictable play calling (i.e., spread offense in the shotgun), but then it would just creep back in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I hope they are wrong. A SB loss is not something I want to see. I also think the Packers will be very good, but I don't see a repeat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We can't beat the Packers, we can't touch Aaron Rodgers. Unless we get a pass rusher in her we'll win no rings. 

I doubt we can beat the Colts, Eagles or Chargers. In fact, I doubt we can beat any elite QB. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In Response to Re: Sporting News Picks Pats for SB:
    [QUOTE]We can't beat the Packers, we can't touch Aaron Rodgers. Unless we get a pass rusher in her we'll win no rings.  I doubt we can beat the Colts, Eagles or Chargers. In fact, I doubt we can beat any elite QB. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]
    Huh? We beat them all last year. What has changed?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

we can't beat, we can't beat, we can't beat, I am about to start crying.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

The Sporting News just lost ALL credibility!!!   The Pats haven't even won a playoff game in 5 years and got smoked by a team that got smoked in the playoffs!

This is not the old Pats. This team is mediocre at best!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

A different sporting news article was recently brought up with many suggesting that it was a hack website/magazine.  I wonder if those who hate on the magazine's other article are ready to give it credence now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sporting News Picks Pats for SB : Huh? We beat them all last year. What has changed?
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

I believe here that 49 was just doin' his best to kindly help out ole babe along the way in his trolldom efforts...

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Green Bay and New England are pretty much alone and on top of my power ratings, with New England in the lead. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I love the Patriots but untill they turn it up in the POST season this prediction means absolutly nothing....

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]We can't beat the Packers, we can't touch Aaron Rodgers. Unless we get a pass rusher in her we'll win no rings.  I doubt we can beat the Colts, Eagles or Chargers. In fact, I doubt we can beat any elite QB. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Wake up. You were dreaming. It isn't the early 90's anymore. THis team beat every elite QB they faced last year and that was most of the elite QBs in the league.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Simply put, I'll take Belichick's decision-making over anyone here because it's: Belichick 5 Super Bowls and All of us Combined: ZERO.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sporting News Picks Pats for SB : Remember the irrational troll level on here last summer and early Fall in preseason when the D looked like it hadn't progressed? bawhaha I was banned for the first time then, I believe.  All because some didn't want to hear logic. The Jets pass rush was no better than NE's last year.  Give me a healthy D Line, sign a FA and continue to develop what you have.  As stated many times, this team's pass rush will come from a group effort as much as it will be a guy like Dwight Freeney or clay Matthews coming off the edge.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Your banter was pretty harsh at times so it didn't surprise me when the ban happened. 

The troll level was high as well as the "jump off the wagon" crowd.  Belichick was a stooge.  Still is to some here.  What a mess.  I hope it's not as bad this year.

As far as the rush goes the drafting of Ras-I is suppose to help out.  Chung had to be used more in pass protection and was not able to do a safety blitz.  The opposing offense had fewer people to worry about.  Looking to see how this plays out.  Cunningham is a year wiser too.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The whole defense is a year wiser. Belichick must be getting anxious to teach his young guys more of his defensive schemes.