Sporting News Picks Pats for SB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: Sporting News Picks Pats for SB

No lippa (sheez).  Killa has been here blasting ESPN well since they've turned their product into total garbage geered towards reality show generation drama for children...  He knows (like many of us), that ESPN really used to be simply excellent (in a galaxy long, long ago).  And so, sure, He'd probably quit his job, simply to change his trade occupations, the exact day tas finds out that ESPN's Ct building will be set for demolition 30 years down the line...even if he's like 80 or 90 or whatever.  Can't say I blame him, nor wouldn't join'm...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla-2010. Show MVPkilla-2010's posts

Thank you Laz

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

More then half the day Sports center is on ESPN and showing highlights  of the pervious days games,and who cares if you dont like they say its oppions just like on here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla-2010. Show MVPkilla-2010's posts

And who cares if you dont like what I have to say about their BS bias opinion's. it goes both ways. ESPN is not the place people should go for their info and if more people had the will power to simple not watch, listen, or read their bull sh*t their platform would shrink and they would pay for their bull sh*t.

Either way this is getting old so going to just leave this one alone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Yep you have your oppion and I have mine

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla-2010. Show MVPkilla-2010's posts

Correct

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Sporting News Picks Pats for SB:
    [QUOTE]And who cares if you dont like what I have to say about their BS bias opinion's. it goes both ways. ESPN is not the place people should go for their info and if more people had the will power to simple not watch, listen, or read their bull sh*t their platform would shrink and they would pay for their bull sh*t. Either way this is getting old so going to just leave this one alone.
    Posted by MVPkilla-2010[/QUOTE]

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=0ad5542c2d3259d2e0d49040c08e63aa&plckUserId=0ad5542c2d3259d2e0d49040c08e63aa">

...It's sorta like arguin' with cookie monster about who's gonna get to eat the last chips ahoy.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Babe, its getting to a point where you cant be taken seriously. You clearly have an axe to grind with BB and will challenge any draft pick he makes even when its a good pick like picking Naqte Solder at 17 to protect Bradys blind side in a year when Matt Light is a free agent and the O line is in transition. Everyone knew that at 17 BB had to either take a OT or a defensive playmaker and he took the 2nd best OT in the draft. You clearly just dont like BB as a GM or talent man even though his history would show that he is a pretty good drafter and talent guy. He does not draft who the experts or fans tell him to he drafts who he knows and he can coach up into a great player like say Logan Mankins or Matt CAssel. You might want the "sexy" pick but he takes the solid hard worker that he knows he likes.
    Posted by MVPkilla-2010[/QUOTE]

You are incorrect. I have admitted BB has made a number of good picks. I just don't overrate every pick he makes like most. Unfortunately, he hasn't made enough of them to keep the D strong over the years.

And I haven't said Solder wasn't a good pick in itself. I have said it was possible to address the pass rusher and the OL needs with the resources we had in this draft.

BB is a terrific coach and an average GM. And that isn't good enough. I would say to him what he likes to say to his people. DO YOUR JOB.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sporting News Picks Pats for SB : You are incorrect. I have admitted BB has made a number of good picks. I just don't overrate every pick he makes like most. Unfortunately, he hasn't made enough of them to keep the D strong over the years. And I haven't said Solder wasn't a good pick in itself. I have said it was possible to address the pass rusher and the OL needs with the resources we had in this draft. BB is a terrific coach and an average GM. And that isn't good enough. I would say to him what he likes to say to his people. DO YOUR JOB.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I assume you win the "Super Bowl" of your job every day at work (if not, you're not "doing your job").  Pretty high standards, I hope you lived up to them.  And if you did we should be able to read about your success in Forbes or equivalent.  So give us the link.

As stated by other, we know you have an axe to grind with BB.  Give it a rest and complain on some other board.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sporting News Picks Pats for SB : Absolutely Bubba...  Think when we lost to Balt in rd 1 of the playoffs 2 years ago, and by the 2nd quarter, it was written again and again that the Gillete crowd was just booing the cr#p outta the team, and by halftime/very early 3rd qtr people were streaming outta the exits (I even recall when we were disgusted about it here, 1 poster saying something like, How IF they're gonna pay so much for playoff tix, d#mn right they're gonna boo, if NE's not winning).  And it's not like we can take it back, wish it back, simply want it back, or in any way, Will it back...B/c it doesn't work like that.  Once those expectations are raised to such an extreme height w/ the extreme pressures involved, Always, & For Every Game, Every Drive, etc., And for whatever requisite amount of lengthy time that it HAS happened (a decade +, 3 SB's something like 19 playoff games in total under Brady & BB, etc, #1 AFC East winner every year minus 1 I believe when we actually had the same record as Miami in '08 when they got the schedule tie-breaker), It simply CanNOT be undone...  Unless you're gonna lose for not 1, not 2, but at the bare minimum 3 straight years.  And wad'dya have to do IF you're a good team year in & year out, with a good QB, good Owner, good Coach...?- actually TRY to lose, in order to take the extreme weight of success off your shoulders? 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

I lived in the Bay Area during the Montana/Walsh era.  The fan's response when the Niners lost was similar to what you described above but worse, usually calling for Montana's head whenever they had to punt (and the Niners also had a series of playoff losses with Montana).  I'm guessing those fans would now be quite happly watch the Niners lose first round playoff games (I know Texan fans would be).

To Babe - be careful what you wish for, you might just get it (and you'll be like current Niner fans, wondering if the team will ever be good again).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sporting News Picks Pats for SB : I lived in the Bay Area during the Montana/Walsh era.  The fan's response when the Niners lost was similar to what you described above but worse, usually calling for Montana's head whenever they had to punt (and the Niners also had a series of playoff losses with Montana).  I'm guessing those fans would now be quite happly watch the Niners lose first round playoff games (I know Texan fans would be). To Babe - be careful what you wish for, you might just get it (and you'll be like current Niner fans, wondering if the team will ever be good again).
    Posted by sfpat[/QUOTE]

I suppose Kraft could find somebody who is worse at GMing than BB. But success starts with the owner, and Kraft is a good one. So, I'm not too concerned.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sporting News Picks Pats for SB : Did you really expect a team full of 1 or 2 year players to play with a veteran's style in the playoffs? How healthy was Brady in 2009 back from injury without Welker vs Baltimore? Why do people forget Brady got hurt in 2008?  It's not like he had a broken arm. He blew out his ACL. Show me other teams that win a SB every year or ones that replace All Pros on D all at once and win SBs.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Show me exactly where I made those statements. Yep, that's what I thought - you can't find anywhere that I've made such statements.

The fact that I stated that it's difficult to get to the superbowl to begin with implies that I have no such expectations that they will do so every year.

Sounds like you are one living on past success in super bowl wins and are making up excuses for their current lack of success in the playoffs. Every team has injuries and turnover of players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sporting News Picks Pats for SB : Show me exactly where I made those statements. Yep, that's what I thought - you can't find anywhere that I've made such statements. The fact that I stated that it's difficult to get to the superbowl to begin with implies that I have no such expectations that they will do so every year. Sounds like you are one living on past success in super bowl wins and are making up excuses for their current lack of success in the playoffs. Every team has injuries and turnover of players.
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

Good post,well we know that there is some on here that dont remember anything before 2001.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE] I agree. It seems that fan expectations are a tad unrealistic; especially since the current roster is almost completely different from...let's say 2001. Totally different team.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]
    Bubba good to have you back.

Tom Brady, Kevin Faulk, Matt Light 3 Lombardi Trophys
    Deion Branch, Dan Koppen, Tully Banta-Cain, Ty Warren 2 Lombardis
    and Vince Wilfork 1 Lombardi
    are all who remain from the championship dynasty.

Last year's "youngest defense in the NFL" will need to show improvement, especially in the pass rush. Belichick has tried to address this by drafting Kareem Brown, Shawn Crable and Jermaine Cunningham along with Wheatley, Wilhite, Butler, McCourty and Dowling without much luck so far.

The offense looks good, though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sporting News Picks Pats for SB : Bubba good to have you back. Tom Brady, Kevin Faulk, Matt Light 3 Lombardi Trophys Deion Branch, Dan Koppen, Tully Banta-Cain, Ty Warren 2 Lombardis and Vince Wilfork 1 Lombardi are all who remain from the championship dynasty. Last year's "youngest defense in the NFL" will need to show improvement, especially in the pass rush. Belichick has tried to address this by drafting Kareem Brown, Shawn Crable and Jermaine Cunningham along with Wheatley, Wilhite, Butler, McCourty and Dowling without much luck so far. The offense looks good, though.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

Thanks Digger. Not entirely back yet,
    It's summer-time/off-season. Browse the board occasionnally, but waiting for  the drama between the owners and players to be over - will likely stay on sidelines until then.Laughing