Sports bar in central Florida

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Re: Sports bar in central Florida

If anybody in The Villages gets it on Sunday Ticket, I'll bring a six pack if you invite me over.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

In Response to Sports bar in central Florida:
    [QUOTE]I live in The Villages, which is about a half hour south of Ocala and an hour north of Orlando.  There are many sports bars that I can watch the Pats game, but none have any sound on -- or so low as to be inaudible.  Does anyone know of one near me that caters to NE Patriots first?
    Posted by sheldong[/QUOTE]

Celebration Town Tavern in Celebration near Disney (look at the website).  It's similar to a Legal Seafood.  Steamed clams, fish and chips, ect...... ALL the tv's have Pats games on and there is Patriot, Red Sox, Celtic, and Bruin memorabilia hanging from the walls in the bar area.  Sam Adams on tap.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Thanks, but that is almost an hour and a half away.  I was hoping for something within a half hour's radius.  Thanks anyway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I have been to the Beef O'Brady's in new port richey, 40 to 50 percent pats fans and 2 tv's outside have audio along with the big screen tv inside but hard to hear with everyone screaming.

Try a beef o'brady's closer to you if it's too far.

http://hosted.where2getit.com/beefobradys/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

There are three very close by.  However, they all keep the volume low and you have to bring pillows to sit on if you are there for three hours or so.  (Hard seats).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

If your willing to drop 20 to 40 bucks at a sports bar every week then maybe you should just get the nfl package on your tv or computer, you get audio and save money in the long run.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

(a) I only need between 6-8 games.  The rest are on national TV or are local against Miami.
    (b) A sports bar is 10-15 bucks so that averages out to less than $100 for the season.
    (c) The Sunday Ticket is about $300 AND you need to have Direct TV.  Direct TV is more expensive than Dish (which I have) so that makes it even more prohibitive.  Even my son, who lives in Billerica, dropped it this year.

I had Direct TV for the first two years (the first one was free).  After than I dropped it because it just wasn't worth the price.  So, I went to the local sports bars when it wasn't on regular cable.  I also switched to Dish.  I do get the NFL network, though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Can you get the games live on the computer without having to buy Sunday Ticket and being a Directv subscriber?  If yes, then I would investigate that option.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

I googled nfl live computer and found a site that says that for a one time charge of $35 I would be able to watch any game live.  The thing that bothers me is that if something sounds too good to be true, there is usually a reason for that. 

I am afraid to download the software onto my computer because this is the machine I use to earn my living.  The site is:  http://watchlivefootballtv.net/

Does anyone have experience with this site?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

More googling shows it to be a scam.  It winds you up at www.atdhe.net which is a free website.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Sorry man, looks like your screwed unless you want to drive to st. pete. This place caters to boston sports fans.

http://tampabay.citysearch.com/profile/2698721/st_petersburg_fl/extra_inning_ballpark_cafe.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

11 dollars all you can drink bud or bud light in north Tampa...Some games we get volume and some we dont. 11 all you can drink.....i say flock the volume.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Sports bar in central Florida:
    [QUOTE]It winds you up at www.atdhe.net which is a free website.

that's how i watch all the Patriots games that aren't national.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3928595. Show user_3928595's posts

[QUOTE]If anybody in The Villages gets it on Sunday Ticket, I'll bring a six pack if you invite me over.

I live in Leesburg, have the Sunday ticket and watch every game. Make it an 18 pack and your always welcome!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sports bar in central Florida : that's how i watch all the Patriots games that aren't national.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Is it reliable?  I have heard of some games being dropped while in progress because they aren't exactly "legal".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Are there any other suggestions?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Now that the holiday weekend is over, are there any returning posters that may have a suggestion?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFCMal. Show SFCMal's posts

Dude, how bad do you want to watch them. Personally if it were me I would pay the $300 for Direct TV to watch at home. If not I would take a bus to one of these places that were mentioned and spend 40-50 on Sam and not think twice.
    Patriots - Die Hard

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Recommend Sunday ticket, as many on here can attest to, DirecTV is like a street vendor.  Their prices are negotiable.  I got it for 100 bucks the first year (non-HD), and a hundred bucks the 2nd year (with HD).  They usually throw in a short term rate also like free HBO and stuff for like 39.99 (total) for the first 3 months.  Cancel after that.  This close to the season I'm sure they will unload Sunday ticket for $200 or less, and getting all the games and the NFL network is nice.

I think it's only available out of country but I signed up for NFL gamepass which lets you get all of one teams games for $200, or all the games for $280.  Games are streamed to your computer and all the games are archived so you can watch them when you want.  You can hook your computer up to the TV and get the full experience. 

3rd option is find a Bar with Sunday ticket and get their an hour early.  Most bars will let you choose which game is on which TV if you're there early.  Find a spot in the corner and bump the volume up when they're not looking.

If I can find a way to watch the Pats in Afghanistan (and I did) then you should be able to find a way in Florida. 

P.S.  Mike Reiss keeps a list of bars around the country to watch the Pats at ESPNboston you could check there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Directv is not an option.  I have Dish and have another year on the contract.  Besides, Directv is more expensive than Dish for everything else as well.  I dumped Directv two over a year ago.  I figure that I save about $300 a year even before Sunday ticket.  Sunday ticket would at about $200 to $300 to that total.  Just not worth it.  I can go to a sports bar for the seven or eight games that are not televised.

There are plenty of sports bars here, and I have no problem getting to watch the game.  What I am looking for is one where there is also decent audio.  IOW, one that caters to NE fans.

Of course, if there is someone who lives in The Villages and has Sunday Ticket.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFCMal. Show SFCMal's posts

[QUOTE]Recommend Sunday ticket, as many on here can attest to, DirecTV is like a street vendor.  Their prices are negotiable.  I got it for 100 bucks the first year (non-HD), and a hundred bucks the 2nd year (with HD).  They usually throw in a short term rate also like free HBO and stuff for like 39.99 (total) for the first 3 months.  Cancel after that.  This close to the season I'm sure they will unload Sunday ticket for $200 or less, and getting all the games and the NFL network is nice. I think it's only available out of country but I signed up for NFL gamepass which lets you get all of one teams games for $200, or all the games for $280.  Games are streamed to your computer and all the games are archived so you can watch them when you want.  You can hook your computer up to the TV and get the full experience.  3rd option is find a Bar with Sunday ticket and get their an hour early.  Most bars will let you choose which game is on which TV if you're there early.  Find a spot in the corner and bump the volume up when they're not looking. If I can find a way to watch the Pats in Afghanistan (and I did) then you should be able to find a way in Florida.  P.S.  Mike Reiss keeps a list of bars around the country to watch the Pats at ESPNboston you could check there.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]
    Roger that shenanigan, I was there last year and I watched quite a few, getting up at Midnight or so and finding a place, but I did!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I live south of you in West Palm Beach. We have Duffys sports bars all over which show every game and usually the best games will be in full sound. As long as it is not Dolphins playing(in your case maybe Jags/Bucs) then the Pats get the sound a lot. You should google Duffys and see if you have any around.

Also I have had Sunday Ticket for 4 years, and I have it down to 180 bucks for the year with HD. Look into it next year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

There is a place right at the ocean in Delray Beach.  They are all Boston and have a couple of other games as well.  I think it is called Boston's.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Also, Directv is too expensive.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I just want to add something, because i got friends and family in the service industry, all you people who sit in sports bars 4 hours plus every sunday, take up a table and spend little money, nurse one or 2 beers the whole time and maybe buy a 4 dollar appetizer then tip your server peanuts are disgraceful human beings. Thats half a waiters or wattresses shift your taking up and you give them a dollar, you tightwads think the world owes you a favor and make me sick.

Treat the people right who are taking care of you. That is all.

Sections
Shortcuts