Sportsbozo1 banned

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Sportsbozo1 banned

In response to anonymis's comment:

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Well I'll bad mouth them. This site gets 0 maintanence. Look at the "Sticky thread" crisis we had last year. big to do.. People almost had babys over it then some game thread stayed there for a month. This site could be self policed but its not. I'm almost betting that if theres a complaint on any post, valid or not it gets deleted. Again , give me the ban stick for 2 days and this place would be fixed.

is the ban stick like a talking stick?  lol Laughing

More like a cross between a baseball bat and a machete

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

It's a ban hammer and it looks like this....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Free the Sportsbozo1    !!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

[QUOTE]

Well I'll bad mouth them. This site gets 0 maintanence. Look at the "Sticky thread" crisis we had last year. big to do.. People almost had babys over it then some game thread stayed there for a month. This site could be self policed but its not. I'm almost betting that if theres a complaint on any post, valid or not it gets deleted. Again , give me the ban stick for 2 days and this place would be fixed.

More like a cross between a baseball bat and a machete

[/QUOTE]

oh, goody.  We all get to take turns.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

He should call, to find out what happened. couple years ago something happened to my NEGAME. the person I talked to was extremely helpful, fixed the problem, but I had to add the 2.  I've never had a problem not getting a response fron Boston.com.  and I don't think it's necessary to badmouth until you give them a chance to correct problem.

Respectfully, the posting problem that I alluded to earlier had been in their hands for over a week before action was appaerntly taken.  Mentioning that the site can be difficult to understand at times is not what I would consider putting the badmouth on them.

[/QUOTE]

you p** & moan all the time about this site.  go to boston.com and let them know what's wrong!! you will get a response.. REALLY you expect them to moniter the site 24/7  I don't want them to.  this is the best site for Patriots coversation  plus anything else we want to throw in.

sticky thread crisis huh!! I don't think so  with the state of Boston.com I think we're fortunate to have this site (better than any other) to post our comments.

this has nothing to do about your comments because I read and respect them but come on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I recognize the Sportsbozo name, but what was his avatar, I tend to remember avatars better than names, Dr Strangelove..?  

Why would he get banned, makes no sense?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I recognize the Sportsbozo name, but what was his avatar, I tend to remember avatars better than names, Dr Strangelove..?  

I think it was a picture of him. Like late 50's.  regular joe-ish.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

[QUOTE]

How didn't I get banned yet? Almost at 6,000 and not yet banned...

Aaron Dobson #17 AKA Spider-Man We are Marshall!

You should have been banned long ago, like after your 1st post.  It was horrible.

[/QUOTE]

Not nearly as horrible as Welker's SB drop, but hey, I'm still here...

Unlike Welker.Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He should call, to find out what happened. couple years ago something happened to my NEGAME. the person I talked to was extremely helpful, fixed the problem, but I had to add the 2.  I've never had a problem not getting a response fron Boston.com.  and I don't think it's necessary to badmouth until you give them a chance to correct problem.

Respectfully, the posting problem that I alluded to earlier had been in their hands for over a week before action was appaerntly taken.  Mentioning that the site can be difficult to understand at times is not what I would consider putting the badmouth on them.

[/QUOTE]

you p** & moan all the time about this site.  go to boston.com and let them know what's wrong!! you will get a response.. REALLY you expect them to moniter the site 24/7  I don't want them to.  this is the best site for Patriots coversation  plus anything else we want to throw in.

sticky thread crisis huh!! I don't think so  with the state of Boston.com I think we're fortunate to have this site (better than any other) to post our comments.

this has nothing to do about your comments because I read and respect them but come on.

[/QUOTE]

I sent them an email about the current posting problem yesterday and got a response today.  They are aware of it and are working on it, but don't know when it will be fixed.  They asked me to send screen shots if I could.  NEGAME is right--they are pretty responsive. Someone's paying attention.  Much better response than I've ever gotten fron NFL.com-- and I actually spend money for Game Pass on NFL.com.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Strangeglove is someting like magicalhobo if I remember right.  Sportsbozo was a picture of a guy (i assume him) in a striped shirt, I think. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I personally laughed bout the sticky crisis how heated it got. I wouldn't say that I p** and moan about the site with the exception that it could be self monitored. Many sites are. You have people that are in there 24/7, they would be happy to keep it sane in here.  I'd think that you would agree with me that the fighting here has got out of hand.  There's a lot of instigation IMO 

if it matters I was in favor of the 2 threads ( draft, fantasy FB) being stickied, and I very seldom read anything in them. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I personally laughed bout the sticky crisis how heated it got. I wouldn't say that I p** and moan about the site with the exception that it could be self monitored. Many sites are. You have people that are in there 24/7, they would be happy to keep it sane in here.  I'd think that you would agree with me that the fighting here has got out of hand.  There's a lot of instigation IMO 

if it matters I was in favor of the 2 threads ( draft, fantasy FB) being stickied, and I very seldom read anything in them. 

[/QUOTE]

what was the sticky crisis?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

what was the sticky crisis?

[/QUOTE]

Someone asked to have the draft thread and the fantasy draft permanently attached to the top. Being those threads end up with hundreds of posts. I didn't have a problem with it but oh my gosh it was like someone got cheated out of candy. There were threads that got pretty heated about it. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

ThHis place has some kinks that need to be worked out but all in all it is a great place to talk Pats football and even some other things.  The mods are good, they don't over moderate like some places do.  Early on they had a problem with a couple of my photoshops and we had our FF thread get deleted a couple times but we got it all worked out. 

Other Pats forums and football forums are too large, too many people to keep track of who is who.  This place is perfect and I thank BDC for it. 

Now in defense of this situation with SportsBozo1, to be fair I went back and found a post that could have caused his banning.  It was a single word in the RedSox forum that could have been taken wrong.  Still, Sportsbozo seems like a good guy and has always been a good, respectful poster here and wish there was something in place fo people to be able to voice to BDC a protest about their banning and maybe get it reversed.  But that take other resources so it's understandable.  From what I have read it seems like they are very good at getting back to people.

Anyways, Sportsbozo sent me a couple of messages today, the last said this...

"Tell everyone that I was deeply touched by their sentiments, and appreciative of their kind words. I just am very fond of the Sportsbozo1 moniker as I have been using it since 1998."

So with that said I am not sure if he will create a new account and come back.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Someone asked to have the draft thread and the fantasy draft permanently attached to the top. Being those threads end up with hundreds of posts. I didn't have a problem with it but oh my gosh it was like someone got cheated out of candy. There were threads that got pretty heated about it. 

That was me.  and what a problem it caused.  hahahahaha!!  Not sure if the draft thread ever got stickied to the top but man, when the Fantasy thread did with bright red lettering all hell broke loose!!  Hahahahaha!  It was epic.  Some people felt cheated that none of their threads ever got special treatment and eventually it was changed.

That argument went back and forth for a while.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I still say threads must stand or fall on their own...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I still say threads must stand or fall on their own...

Well the Fantasy thread pretty much stays on page 1 through the whole season.  However the 24 + people that will probably be posting in it make up I would say 80% of the posts on this forum, so I would still argue that it should be stickied to the top.  But I'm not going to get in an argument about it.

Just curious, would anyone object to the thread title being in maybe a different color like black but not stickied to the top?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

[QUOTE]

You should feel weird. Everyone should be banned at least once.  

[/QUOTE]

or in your case a dozen times 

Smile

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

With all due respect, I rarely p** & moan about anything and I'm afraid I must take issue with your contention that boston.com is responsive.  I documented the <b/> issue in feedback to boston.com nearly 2 weeks ago and yet the problem persists.  I would also like to point out that this is not idle grousing by an isolated petulent teenager but a documented problem reported by several participants on this board.  I like this forum but in this case BDC is falling short.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

With all due respect, I rarely p** & moan about anything and I'm afraid I must take issue with your contention that boston.com is responsive.  I documented the <b/> issue in feedback to boston.com nearly 2 weeks ago and yet the problem persists.  I would also like to point out that this is not idle grousing by an isolated petulent teenager but a documented problem reported by several participants on this board.  I like this forum but in this case BDC is falling short.

my guess is that things like the forum is a money loser, so, BDC prolly doesn't care. If it were a subscription service, we might have a leg to stand on.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

my guess is that things like the forum is a money loser, so, BDC prolly doesn't care. If it were a subscription service, we might have a leg to stand on.

[/QUOTE]

If their losing money then their doing it wrong.  They don't just put those advertisements up for free. The more people they have hitting this site, even to just read makes that ad cost more. Forums arnt new to the Internet   There's software out there that works pretty well right out of the package. I thought when they re-did the site they installed new software. There went the polls.  

TFB.  So it was you!  Ha ha.  I couldn't believe the outcry.  Sorry game if my joke about it upset you. Ill try to tell them with less stealth from now on I do believe that I even posted a solidarity post in the FF thread in support of you guys. TFB stop getting me in trouble!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

ATJ  my comments weren't directed to you , I was making a observation of comments I've read in the past. I also sent an email about the <b/> and it was fixed quickly,I sent it to technical issues. I'm not having that problem anymore.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

ATJ  my comments weren't directed to you , I was making a observation of comments I've read in the past. I also sent an email about the <b/> and it was fixed quickly,I sent it to technical issues. I'm not having that problem anymore.

The response I received told me to log in the way I normally log in, which, of course, doesn't work.  I'm able to post because I'm using AOL as my search engine instead of GC (which sometimes works and sometimes I get <b/>. 

I recognize that you weren't directing your comments to me.  The point I was trying to make is that there are occasions where registering a complaint about BDC does rise above the P & M category.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Aaron Dobson #17 AKA Spider-Man We are Marshall!

You should have been banned long ago, like after your 1st post.  It was horrible.

[/QUOTE]

Not nearly as horrible as Welker's SB drop, but hey, I'm still here...

Unlike Welker.Laughing

[/QUOTE]

Yes, 6k posts later, unfortunately you are still here.

Hahahahaha, just messing with ya!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If their losing money then their doing it wrong.  They don't just put those advertisements up for free. The more people they have hitting this site, even to just read makes that ad cost more. Forums arnt new to the Internet   There's software out there that works pretty well right out of the package. I thought when they re-did the site they installed new software. There went the polls.  

TFB.  So it was you!  Ha ha.  I couldn't believe the outcry.  Sorry game if my joke about it upset you. Ill try to tell them with less stealth from now on I do believe that I even posted a solidarity post in the FF thread in support of you guys. TFB stop getting me in trouble!

I gotta agree with you philskiw1.  I see many advertisements while on this forum so I think they benefit fairly well from those.  Are they making money off this forum?  Probably not but I would be curious.  I t drives a lot of traffic to the site I would assume.  I do check out other sections of the site as well.

Yes, I ask BDC Dottie in the ask BDC section of the forum if we could stickie the FF thread to the top.  Well actually I first asked her why the FF: thread was getting deleted and she said she didn't know why but agreed that it shouldn't be getting deleted, that it was an ok thread to have.  I then asked if it could get stickied to the top and she said no problem.  Well when it was done, they had put it to the top in the bright read color font.  That didn't go over well.  I went around and around with Texas Pat about it.  He was totally against it.

I am curious if people would mind if this year it wasn't stickied to the top but if they would be okay with the font color of the thread being black so it would be easy to find.  Like I said earlier, 24+ people will be posting in it through the season, these 24+ posters who are playing make up 80% of the forum post, I would imagine.