Sproles just got traded to Philly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Sproles just got traded to Philly

per adam shefter no details yet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Sproles just got traded to Philly

Good fit for a Chip Kelly offense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Gives them the ability to limit the wear and tear on Shady McCoy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

solid move for Philly...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

Now if Philly releases Shady...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If we had more room under the cap he would have been a nice fit here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] MB with all your knowledge of the college kids are their any RB's coming out who fit the mold of a Sproles type?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If we had more room under the cap he would have been a nice fit here.

[/QUOTE]

Would have been interesting although we do have a Sproles type player here already... Vereen just needs to stay on the field.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Updating the trade info: Sproles goes to Philly for a 5th round pick in this years draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] MB with all your knowledge of the college kids are their any RB's coming out who fit the mold of a Sproles type?

[/QUOTE]

You're prob looking at Dri Archer.  Short/small (5-8 173), but tough with quick twitch athleticism and can catch the football.  He can fly too, running a 4.26 at the Combine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're prob looking at Dri Archer.  Short/small (5-8 173), but tough with quick twitch athleticism and can catch the football.  He can fly too, running a 4.26 at the Combine.

[/QUOTE] Your the man MB! I ask and you answer. Ok what round projection is he?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

MB with all your knowledge of the college kids are their any RB's coming out who fit the mold of a Sproles type?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't foget Jerick McKinnon from Georgia Southern (5'9" 210). 2nd fastest 40 (4.41) and tied Archer for fastest 10yrd split and from all reports looked as good as Archer in drills with amazing COD at combine and good hands too. With his size and speed should be a late day 2 - early day 3 pick.

And also add in one of my late round hidden gems in Henry Josey from Missouri (5'8" 195  4.43 40). Good CoD and good hands averaged 6.7ypc and had 9 carriers for 123yrds in the SEC championship. Very good mid day 3 option.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to jjbag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now if Philly releases Shady...

[/QUOTE]

Releases the best player on the team... who just happens to be 25 (26 in July) and led the NFL in rushing last season?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Your the man MB! I ask and you answer. Ok what round projection is he?

[/QUOTE]

Prob looking mid Day 3 range... maybe Rd 4 upside if a team is enamored with his speed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

Updating the trade info: Sproles goes to Philly for a 5th round pick in this years draft.

[/QUOTE]

that seems pretty cheap. I would have been all over it. Hopefully Vareen plays a full year next season. If all our offensive peices can stay healthy for a while, I like the potential. Just need that Vet WR to steady things.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates   49m

Source: the Saints receive the 2014 5th round pick New England sent for Isaac Sopoaga in exchange for RB Darren Sproles.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I run about a 4.26 20, am about half way between Dri and Vince in size, and have quick twitches when my coworkers pi$$ me off. Strangely, I was not invited to the combine, again... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]Field Yates ‏@FieldYates   49m

Source: the Saints receive the 2014 5th round pick New England sent for Isaac Sopoaga in exchange for RB Darren Sproles.

[/QUOTE]

Ain't that a kick in the teeth

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]Field Yates ‏@FieldYates   49m

[/QUOTE]

Ain't that a kick in the teeth

[/QUOTE]

Normally I would be ticked but the trade happened after both Kelly and Vince went down and they had to do/try something. It was a gamble you really can't get upset with.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I run about a 4.26 20, am about half way between Dri and Vince in size, and have quick twitches when my coworkers pi$$ me off. Strangely, I was not invited to the combine, again... 

[/QUOTE]

That's not too bad, Adolfo from Toucher and Rich ran an 11.7 40... and if it makes you feel better, he wasn't invited either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Normally I would be ticked but the trade happened after both Kelly and Vince went down and they had to do/try something. It was a gamble you really can't get upset with.

[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong I knew we had to make that trade because Jones and Vellano weren't good enough, but it's still a bit of a kick in the teeth that we ended up with nothing and Phi ended up with Sproles. It's almost like we paid to get Sproles to Phi. I guess for me it's just a bit more bitter because I've wanted them to draft a young DT to start next to Wilfork the past 3 years, hopefully the 4th years the charm

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong I knew we had to make that trade because Jones and Vellano weren't good enough, but it's still a bit of a kick in the teeth that we ended up with nothing and Phi ended up with Sproles. It's almost like we paid to get Sproles to Phi. I guess for me it's just a bit more bitter because I've wanted them to draft a young DT to start next to Wilfork the past 3 years, hopefully the 4th years the charm

[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling your DT won't happen until the 2nd round. I think they may be looking at the TE they want at the end of the 1st.

Which means BB will draft an inetrior O-lineman at the end of the 1st and a CB in the 2nd.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

I have a feeling your DT won't happen until the 2nd round. I think they may be looking at the TE they want at the end of the 1st.

Which means BB will draft an inetrior O-lineman at the end of the 1st and a CB in the 2nd.

[/QUOTE]

Perfectly fine for me. There are a number of good DT's how can be starters in the 2nd. What I want though is a starting caliber DT. I don't want more Loves, or Deadricks, or Vellano's, or Jones I want a kid who will be a starter for years not 4 games at a time until teams get video on them.

I actually don't see a TE in the 1st. The two kids I see as the best fit for the Pats (Niklas and Fiedorowicz) are both slated for the 2nd round but I wouldn't be shocked if they took Amaro in the 1st either.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's not too bad, Adolfo from Toucher and Rich ran an 11.7 40... and if it makes you feel better, he wasn't invited either.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure I can beat 11.7, and I'm good at the 3 ice cream cone drill...