Spygate II? Jets filming?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Re: Spygate II? Jets filming?

I dont care what the Jets say about the camera. The NFL better do something about this. If not. Its a pathetic move by the Commisioner. If the NFL does not do anything about this. They should give the Patriots another #1 pick this year. If the rules say no cameras back there then it means no dam cameras.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phillipston. Show Phillipston's posts

In Response to Re: Spygate II? Jets filming?:
    You tell me, Babe.  I know the rule. Wouldn't it make sense that if this guy is on the sidelines and faciong our own sidelines, that MAYBE, just maybe somehow our signals got onto that film? This is my point: 1. Spygate was so overblown, it was clearly a witch hunt, because we know all teams film at home and film whatever they want, having done so for decades. 2. On the road, the home team is technically supposed to give a spot to the road team that is listed in the rule book. If not, the home team technically can't shoot the game unless they do this. This is where I feel NE and NY got into it with Manboobs and BB and then Tannenboob got wind of that spat and used BB shoving it Manboobs's face in 2007 as a way to smear. Yup. 3. Since when do teams get privileges to due "special projects" to film from a sideline? What does that even mean? I will say if you watch Pats All Access every week, we have our own camera guys on the sidelines, but they aren't standing behind a coordinator panning to the other sideline. They're shooting Brady, the coaches barking out orders, to the different units, etc. So, again, this dude is panning across the field. At the very least, it's worth looking at the tapes to make it seem like Goodell as a clue how to enforce his own rules, which we know he doesn't.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

He enforces his own rules, just not against his Jets.  What is this, three things now?  Just off the top of my head;  Spygate 2, Tripgate, and illegal training camps in Cali., all swept under NoGoodell's green rug.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You tell me, Babe.  I know the rule. Wouldn't it make sense that if this guy is on the sidelines and faciong our own sidelines, that MAYBE, just maybe somehow our signals got onto that film? This is my point: 1. Spygate was so overblown, it was clearly a witch hunt, because we know all teams film at home and film whatever they want, having done so for decades. 2. On the road, the home team is technically supposed to give a spot to the road team that is listed in the rule book. If not, the home team technically can't shoot the game unless they do this. This is where I feel NE and NY got into it with Manboobs and BB and then Tannenboob got wind of that spat and used BB shoving it Manboobs's face in 2007 as a way to smear. Yup. 3. Since when do teams get privileges to due "special projects" to film from a sideline? What does that even mean? I will say if you watch Pats All Access every week, we have our own camera guys on the sidelines, but they aren't standing behind a coordinator panning to the other sideline. They're shooting Brady, the coaches barking out orders, to the different units, etc. So, again, this dude is panning across the field. At the very least, it's worth looking at the tapes to make it seem like Goodell as a clue how to enforce his own rules, which we know he doesn't.

Obviously Goodell acted rashly when the issue first emerged. He claimed he would come down hard if the accusation was true. Once the tapes "leaked" there was no opportunity to back off since he had created expectation in the media and with fans for harsh retribution. I'm rather sure the owners came down on him for his stupidity and informed him that his cowboy ways were going to tarnish the brand. Other than living up to his original proclamation that if itwere true he would come down hard to appease the fans and media that he had incited to expect blood, he completely stonewalled it beyond that. It's pretty obvious that this is how it went down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Spygate II? Jets filming? : He enforces his own rules, just not against his Jets.  What is this, three things now?  Just off the top of my head;  Spygate 2, Tripgate, and illegal training camps in Cali., all swept under NoGoodell's green rug.
    Posted by Phillipston

You can add taping from the end zone to that list.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Nothing on ESPN   would love to see Merill Hodge have to report this. That guy was such a hole when he went on after Jimmy Johnson and Jimmy said everyone does it. Merill took the high and mighty approach.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The Jets camara man was legal because he was only filming the Patriots from the knees down......... It was a special project for a Rex Ryan documentory to be called, "Feets of the NFL" 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

The league is saying that the filming is legal. I wonder if it would be different had it been the Patriots...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Just checked ESPN.com...nothing.  What a shock..lol.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

The Jets camara man was legal because he was only filming the Patriots from the knees down......... It was a special project for a Rex Ryan documentory to be called, "Feets of the NFL" 
    Posted by Mungomunro

LMAO.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

All I have learned about the filming rules is that they are confusing and seem to be made up as they go. You cannot film from the sideline or you have to be in a room with walls on 3 sides according to the NFL. Except every game you can see someone filming on the sideline not enclosed. Which is apparently legal if you are the home team or if you have permission from the home team. Or now if you are wearing a lime green jacket. But you can't film defensive signals (when they existed) I suppose even if you are in the press box which is enclosed. Except nobody checks to see what anybody is taping ever so as long as you are the home team or you have permission from the home team or you are wearing the right jacket you could do it and not get caught. Except that there is nothing in the rulebook about taping signals and it wasn't against the rules until Goodell put it in a memorandum in the summer of 2007. Which of course means he made a rule without using the competition committee which he cannot do. Also means it wasn't a rule or even a memorandum prior to 2007 which is what the Pats were punished for. Except they never went back to check anyone else's filming practices prior to 07, even though people can be seen filming on the TV copy and coaches have admitted to it. So essentially those are the rules, crystal clear.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Spygate II? Jets filming?:

as if this week couldn't get any better :DDDD

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Spygate II? Jets filming? : That's one of the legal spots. It's not illegal. Technically, when the Jets were shutdown in the playoff game in 2006 (January 2007), after NY beat NE in November 2006 at Foxborough, unless NY was not in the right spot, NE didn't have the right to ask for that via NFL personnel. The NFL official should have recited the rule and told NE they couldn't get NY to shut down unless all of our cameras were also shut down. I think that is what angered Manboobs and Tannenrube to lead us up to the 2007 Week 1 smear job. BB was taunting the Jets in a blowout by having Estrellla way up at the front of the sideline.  Very obvious to me.   Also, one Pats employee stated that BB did that as  away to think NE had NY's signlans to mess with them, that's another reason why it was like that. Again, this stuff went on all the time and would explain why Hermie Edwards used to wave to our cameras. But, the reach by the media was "an advantage" and "cheating". It's gamesmanship that Goodell wanted stopped in his PC league as he sells the NFL product abroad. We can say how petty BB was all day long, but it be naive to think this sort of dispute hasn't happened before in the NFL.  We know it's happened in the AFC West a lot with Shanahan, SD, Oakland, etc, so it's happened. Anyone who has ever attended a college game or pro game, sees cameras all over the place and we have no idea just what is captured and never did. Either allow it or not.

Wasn't legal if it wasn't enclosed.

• League’s operations manual: “No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches’ booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game.” Furthermore, all video shooting locations for shooting purposes “must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead.”

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

if the jets aren't fined for this camera guy (either one the guy in the vest and the guy not in the vest) kraft should call for goodells head and ask for another lombardi/1st round pick plus interest. goodell has to be consistent with his rulings

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

It'll be interesting to see if ESPN covers this story at all. While you'd think a reputable source wouldn't since it's been 'explained', I know ESPN has a flair for the theatrics. I know last year, the Colts talked about being wary of talking about plays in the visitor's locker room at Gillette and as usual, ESPN had a panel of experts break down those claims.

Interesting to see what kind of treatment the Jets get...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Spygate II? Jets filming? : This makes no sense. A color of a vest supersedes the rule? Only Roger Goodell's office could come away with a statement like this to dance around it. And, what is this "special project" and why is the camera panning across to the other sideline? So, this means any team can have a cameraman or many cameramen on the sidelines during any game, home or away, and the rule is useless. This factually proves Spygate was a witch hunt and overblown.

Why are we re-hashing this? We all know that spygate was a bunch of BS...a NY media manufactured "scandal", which was conceived to try to ruin BB and the Patriots...because the lovable Jets couldn't beat them.

Goodell screwed the Pats...as he over-reacted to the media frenzy. The great majority of football fans now know this. Nothing can be done to make right the wrong done by the league to the franchise. I just wish that Kraft would use his influence to oust Goodell.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Why are we rehashing it? Are you blind? I agree Kraft should be demanding the same treatment for the Jets as his Pats in 2007/2008.

What does my eye-sight have to do with my question, "Why are we rehashing this?" Nothing is going to be done. Everyone knows that the taping allegations against tthe Pats were much ado about nothing. Do you really think that Goodell is going to take away the Jets' #1 pick...or fine Rexy and the Goblins an ungodly amount of money over this?   

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts