Spygate or Saints worse

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Spygate or Saints worse

I kinda wanna see what your thoughts are on the Saints bounty scandal. Adam Schefter is reporting that the punishment will be "exponentially" more severe than what the pats were docked for spygate.

Spygate, potentially, damaged the integrity of the game.

The bounty, put players health at risk and jeopardized careers. 

For those of you who don't know, The Saints gave out bonuses for injuring players...some of the bonuses were for "knockouts" and getting players "carted off".

Be as objective as you can.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Re: Spygate or Saints worse

Why does everyone have to keep bringing up spygate. wait...wha??? oh, you are a pats fan, nevermind.

As for bounties, I heard that there is some nasty stuff in that report going to Goddell.  May be some harsh penalties.  Whats up with Drew Brees anyhow? Wonder if he gets offers even after he is tagged.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I dont know what I think is worse...but I can say I was disappointed with Spygate

but Im disturbed by this bounty thing.

According to the sources, everyone in the Saints organization knew about it. Intent to hurt is serious, especially when some of these guys are supporting their family's with theyre game checks and cant afford to get injured.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

I believe Giants players admitted to going after the 49er's punt returner's head because he's had a few concussions.  His name escapes me.  I think this is done more than we would like to believe around the NFL just like "Spygate".  Like the Patriots the Saints just got caught.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Difference is that coaches were giving players bonuses. his name is kyle williams

And I agree that more teams probably do the same thing. But that doesnt make it more okay.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

In Response to Re: Spygate or Saints worse:
    [QUOTE]I dont know what I think is worse...but I can say I was disappointed with Spygate but Im disturbed by this bounty thing. According to the sources, everyone in the Saints organization knew about it. Intent to hurt is serious, especially when some of these guys are supporting their family's with theyre game checks and cant afford to get injured.
    Posted by dapats1281[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with the 'bounty' thing, but about the being able to afford to get hurt, some of these guys get game checks comparable to what alot of us make in a year! It's sad that there are players out there who want to hurt other players just to get paid even more than the millions they make, playing a kids game!! Sorry for the rant, the whole thing just turns my stomach! Everyone have a safe day!!!!KMc

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

[QUOTE]Difference is that coaches were giving players bonuses. his name is kyle williams And I agree that more teams probably do the same thing. But that doesnt make it more okay.

I agree it's definitely not ok.  Belichick payed players to start fights in practice.  I know it's not quite the same as trying to injure players but I'm not sure how they can police this sort of thing unless players or coaches blab about it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Like WeDerr himself says...  Chances are that Goodell will make an exacting example outta NO's bounty system which puts players health at risk, In the exact same manner that he made a terribly harsh example (*cough) of The New York Jets after Coaches and Players lined up in a sideline wall on punt returns in order to trip up the oppossing teams' gunners, with the actual results of them getting injured...  Yup, ya can always count on Ole Commish Goodell to play the Rule Card, fair & square...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

It's far worse than Spygate, in addition to the intent to injure, it's also a direct violation of the NFL's salary cap.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Like WeDerr himself says...  Chances are that Goodell will make an exacting example outta NO's bounty system which puts players health at risk, In the exact same manner that he made a terribly harsh example (*cough) of The New York Jets after Coaches and Players lined up in a sideline wall on punt returns in order to trip up the oppossing teams' gunners, with the actual results of them getting injured...  Yup, ya can always count on Ole Commish Goodell to play the Rule Card, fair & square...  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Yes, and then there's this, that was deemed perfectly legal???  TSK,TSK
    W T F

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spygate or Saints worse : Yes, and then there's this, that was deemed perfectly legal???  TSK,TSK W T F
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]
    I grant that the cameraman is shooting the Pats' sideline. But since the Pats' offense is on the field, who or what is he shooting?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spygate or Saints worse : I grant that the cameraman is shooting the Pats' sideline. But since the Pats' offense is on the field, who or what is he shooting?
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]

Goodells rules prohibit taping from the sideline.  It is the placement of the camera that's the issue, not the taping itself.  Whos's to say they only taped when the O was on the field, any way?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Spygate or Saints worse : Goodells rules prohibit taping from the sideline.  It is the placement of the camera that's the issue, not the taping itself.  Whos's to say they only taped when the O was on the field, any way?
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]
    I'm not trying to argue with you. I just don't know what exactly he would be filming while the Pats' O is on the field.

We all know Goodell is an inconsistent pr*ck. But if you have a shot of the filming with the Pats' D is on the field we have something to work with.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In Response to Spygate or Saints worse:
    [QUOTE]I kinda wanna see what your thoughts are on the Saints bounty scandal. Adam Schefter is reporting that the punishment will be "exponentially" more severe than what the pats were docked for spygate. Spygate, potentially, damaged the integrity of the game. The bounty, put players health at risk and jeopardized careers.  For those of you who don't know, The Saints gave out bonuses for injuring players...some of the bonuses were for "knockouts" and getting players "carted off". Be as objective as you can.

I'm gettin' too old for this crap, my blood pressure can't handle it.

Repeat after me, Spygate was just like Seinfeld , a show about "nothing"

This is the last time I will speak about the crock called "Spygate"

The Patriots filmed on the sideliness, big whoop.
    If they had filmed from the stands that would have been OK, seriously.
    The Patriots never used films in the current game, proven.
    The game films would be usless in the next meeting of the same teams as teams change signals all the time.

Spygate was a creation of the Patriot hating NY media who slams Boston every time it can. The rest was then PC correctness by Goodell to placate the Patriot hating NY media.

End of BS Story for criss sakes....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from paularnold. Show paularnold's posts

The unfortunate thing here is that Goodell is going to take away the Saints first round pick this year that they traded to the Patriots.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In Response to Spygate or Saints worse:
    [QUOTE]I kinda wanna see what your thoughts are on the Saints bounty scandal. Adam Schefter is reporting that the punishment will be "exponentially" more severe than what the pats were docked for spygate. Spygate, potentially, damaged the integrity of the game. The bounty, put players health at risk and jeopardized careers.  For those of you who don't know, The Saints gave out bonuses for injuring players...some of the bonuses were for "knockouts" and getting players "carted off". Be as objective as you can.

Spygate  didn't  potentially  damage  the  integrity  of  the  game.  It  did  damage  the  integrity  of  the  game.  It  was  cheating.  The  fact  that  other  clubs  were  doing  it, didn't  make  it  OK.  It's  difficult  to  compare  spygate  with  bountygate  b/c  they  are very  different  types  of  infractions.  But  as  Bruschi  said  today, anyyime  you  jeopardize  someone's  livelihood, it's  very  serious.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Spygate or Saints worse : Spygate  didn't  potentially  damage  the  integrity  of  the  game.  It  did  damage  the  integrity  of  the  game.  It  was  cheating.  The  fact  that  other  clubs  were  doing  it, didn't  make  it  OK.  It's  difficult  to  compare  spygate  with  bountygate  b/c  they  are very  different  types  of  infractions.  But  as  Bruschi  said  today, anyyime  you  jeopardize  someone's  livelihood, it's  very  serious.  
    Posted by zeitgeist49[/QUOTE]
    You need to read the post two messages prior to yours.  Spygate was much ado about nothing and had nothing at all to do with cheating.  The Pats didn't get anything at all that would have resulted in any edge for them. 

If you believe that spygate was cheating, let me tell you a story about the Easter Bunny..........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Spygate or Saints worse : Spygate  didn't  potentially  damage  the  integrity  of  the  game.  It  did  damage  the  integrity  of  the  game.  It  was  cheating.  The  fact  that  other  clubs  were  doing  it, didn't  make  it  OK.  It's  difficult  to  compare  spygate  with  bountygate  b/c  they  are very  different  types  of  infractions.  But  as  Bruschi  said  today, anyyime  you  jeopardize  someone's  livelihood, it's  very  serious.  
    Posted by zeitgeist49[/QUOTE]

Good read!
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/199345-the-truth-about-spygate-punishing-success-and-promoting-parity

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

What the Saints have done is so much worse.  People and Coaches putting up money to take people out, to physically injure someone.  There is a difference between playing with the attitude of wanting to hurt someone and people putting money down to go out and actually play to hurt someone.  While the Saints hit on Kurt Warner was considered "clean" it really was one of the most brutal, dirty and cowardly hits on a QB I think I have ever seen.  And now news of this comes out.  Wow, lost a lot of respect for that team and their coaches today.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I'd think trying to hurt players and that is was sponsored by the coach is worse, but remember only the Patriots were disciplined for something every team was doing in regards to Spygate.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Man I know that expense reports can be tough but how do you write injury bonus money off on the salary cap. Denver did something similar by paying players on the side to avoid cap hits.

I would think that violating the salary cap would be the worser offense. Can you imagine if they take away their Superbowl trophy?  I'd have to say that Reggie Bush was a jinx then lol...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Coaches give their players a bounty for NOT hitting Mark Sanchez and keeping him in the game

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Also, I know that players get hurt from tackles and hits...but the intent of most NFL players is to hit the players hard...

But when a bounty is put to seriously injure a player...isnt that almost considered a criminal offense?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Saints situation Much worse! The patriots did something that ALL other teams DO in the league. I'd be very very surprised that lots of teams (if any) besides saints, do this. Or I should say DId this. Intent to injury Wow. They should get nailed for this.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts