SPYGATE TWO..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

SPYGATE TWO..........

Denver post and ESPN are reporting the Broncos are being investigated for taping the 49ers practice in London...........If this holds true to any form Mc Daniels will be let go imho......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: SPYGATE TWO..........

In an echo of the New England Patriots' "Spygate" scandal, the NFL is investigating whether a Broncos employee videotaped a San Francisco 49ers walk-through at London's Wembley Stadium four weeks ago.

Broncos chief operating officer Joe Ellis confirmed Friday that Steve Scarnecchia, the team's director of video operations, is on a "personal leave of absence" while team and league officials investigate the matter, but he declined to comment further. Scarnecchia did not travel with the team to San Diego last weekend and has not been at the team's Dove Valley complex this week.

The Broncos are actively working with the NFL on the investigation, according to team sources. Reached at his home Friday, Scarnecchia declined to

comment. League spokesman Greg Aiello also declined to comment. Broncos coach Josh McDaniels could not reached for comment Friday afternoon.

McDaniels and Scarnecchia both previously worked for the Patriots, Scarnecchia between 2001 and 2005 and McDaniels between 2001 and 2009 before being hired by the Broncos. In 2007, the Patriots were found to have videotaped New York Jets coaches sending in signals during a game between the two teams, which is against league rules.

Following a league investigation, commissioner Roger Goodell stripped the Patriots of their first-round pick in the 2008 draft. He also fined the Patriots $250,000 and fined Patriots coach Bill Belichick $500,000.

McDaniels hired Scarnecchia to run the Broncos' video operations shortly after he accepted the job in January 2009.

Upon his formal introduction as the team's 12th head coach, McDaniels was asked about the effect of "Spygate" on his candidacy for the job, as well as whether either Broncos owner Pat Bowlen or Ellis asked him about Spygate during either of his two interviews with team officials.

At that time McDaniels said: "That situation was something that happened. I was not aware of that. I wasn't aware of it and all the things that did happen in terms of that whole scenario. It really didn't affect us, to tell you the truth. It was all about preparation and trying to do whatever we felt was best that week. It really didn't have anything to do with that.

"I don't think it is good. To have that kind of attention was a distraction, and I think that is how we all treated it. We tried to do the best we could to limit those distractions every week, and it will be no different here. Certainly we are never looking to do anything that is not within the rules established by the National Football League. They determined the punishment on that, and it was what it was and we moved on."

The NFL's current investigation revolves around practices held by the Broncos and the 49ers on Saturday, Oct. 30, in Wembley Stadium. Both teams were allotted time to hold walk-through practices at the stadium that day. It was the only time while the two teams were in England that they would have used the same facility to practice on the same day. Teams normally bar anyone not associated with the team from watching practice. Taping another team's practice could result in a severe penalty from the NFL.

The next day the 49ers defeated the Broncos, 24-16. Denver enters Sunday's game against St. Louis at 3-7.

Scarnecchia continued to perform his usual day-to-day duties after the team's return from London but was not on the team's chartered flight to San Diego last Sunday and has not been seen on the practice field this week.

U.S. Sen. Arlen Specter, in a statement on the Senate floor dated May 14, 2008, made specific references to Scarnecchia regarding what he termed "extensive videotaping of opponents' offensive and defensive signals" by the Patriots between 2000 and 2007. Specter was relating interviews he had with a former Patriots employee, Matt Walsh.

The NFL punished the Patriots only for the specific videos made against the Jets.

Read more: NFL investigating possible Broncos filming violation - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16720519#ixzz16UhHEG29
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

May I ask a question?

What is with the term "investigation"? Either someone is standing there filming their practice and it was proven to be true at the time or it wasn't.

All it takes is one rube to spread a rumor .

This better be true, because this is slander.  You can't just run around accusing people of things that may cost them their job.

I still think Kraft should have taken down the Herald on principle alone for the media lies about the SB 36 Walkthrough.

Almost smells like someone is trying to get McDaniels fired.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: SPYGATE TWO..........:
    [QUOTE]May I ask a question? What is with the term "investigation"? Either someone is standing there filming their practice and it was proven to be true at the timem or it wasn't. All it takes is one rube to spread a rumor . This better be true, because this is slander.  You can't just run around accusing people of things that may cost them their job. I still think Kraft should have taken down the Herald on principle alone for the media lies about the SB 36 Walkthrough. Almost smells like someone is trying to get McDaniels fired.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Almost smells like someone is trying to get McDaniels fired.

That would not surprise me....Most of these Coloradans are pissed and angry at him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yeah, I find it very strange that there needs to be an "investigation" other than simply witnessing something illegal or simply checking any security tape.

Without either, I am not sure how you can prove it.

Very strange. This game happened a month ago. smells.

McDaniels is in over his head and I figured he'd struggle with fans being irrational and not being patient waiting to build what Shanahan ruined in the GM seat, but these are people's careers here.

You just don't walk around lying in order to prop yourself up or someone else down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Adding insult to injury if this turns out to be true is that the Broncos lost the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

[QUOTE]Adding insult to injury if this turns out to be true is that the Broncos lost the game.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

Zing!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

the funny thing is, does anybody think this stuff really came to an end in 2007, i'm sure there are teams still doing it.

the thing i always hated about it, they made the patriots the poster boy for this, when it was running rampant by many other teams.

thanks rat 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I guess the film worked really well for the Broncos!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The NY media could care less about the Broncos. This is just an attempt, with the huge Jets' game coming up, to try to rekindle "spygate", in hopes of and distracting BB and the Pats.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ME. Show ME's posts

THEY BETTER LOSE A FIRST ROUND PICK AND GET FINED 500,000 DOLLARS!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]     The NY media could care less about the Broncos. This is just an attempt, with the huge Jets' game coming up, to try to rekindle "spygate", in hopes of and distracting BB and the Pats.  

Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that.  Eff all of them (again)!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

3 minutes ago on Twitter: 
    Chris Mortensen
    After McDaniels and Broncos fined $50,000 each for videotape of 49ers walk-thru.... Rams getting ready to walk-thru in Denver

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Well the Broncos got busted but apparently Josh McDaniels refused to view the videotape in question.  So they get to keep their first round pick.  Personally I think recording a walk through practice is worse than videotaping signals.  Roger Goodell's inconsistency at punishments is astounding.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

anyone want to read a load of BS??

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Statements-from-Pat-Bowlen-and-Josh-McDaniels/a33a9734-938f-49d2-9099-ac68751e35a4

it reminds me of the "i did not have sexual relations with that woman"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

Roger godell you need to take away thier 1st o 2nd round pick.    I just think its so funny how because the patriots have had so much sucesss that we get a harsh penatly

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

wow the punishment the donkeys got for this just prooves how bad the pats got shafted for doing the same thing i wonder if they played in the afc east with goodels ex employer jets and they kept on winning the division over the jets like the pats have done if the punishment would have been the same. goodell is a fng joke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Not surprisingly, the individual pegged for the act was formerly a member of the Patriots staff. 

Can't make this stuff up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I too want their pick taken like ours was.  But I am guessing this will just disappear with a fine.  After all, the Pats didnt do it, so no one cares.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Not surprisingly, the individual pegged for the act was formerly a member of the Patriots staff.  Can't make this stuff up.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Not surprising the "best signal stealer" in the league is named Mudd

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]Not surprisingly, the individual pegged for the act was formerly a member of the Patriots staff.  Can't make this stuff up.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Okay dogggg, so what's your point?  If you must stir the crap pot, can't you at least move on to another topic that actually relates to the Pats?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SPYGATE TWO.......... : Okay dogggg, so what's your point?  If you must stir the crap pot, can't you at least move on to another topic that actually relates to the Pats?
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

haha if u read the comments of the losers on profootballtalk, 75% of the comments are hate towards the patriots from this BRONCOS article. its hilarious.
    fans of other teams still go all the way back to those alligations of stealing signals to discredit the patriots. i couldnt give a damn wat those morons think, but its sad how dumb the nfl fanbase can be.

believe me, if the national media has anything to do with it, they will spin this against our Patriots. and BB will use it as more fuel to the fire.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]     The NY media could care less about the Broncos. This is just an attempt, with the huge Jets' game coming up, to try to rekindle "spygate", in hopes of and distracting BB and the Pats.  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

The NY media is neither big enough or smart enough to deter Bill!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]This is all so shocking.  I don't know what the problem is...  rusty pinkhat says that this is not illegal at all.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Taping a practice is certainly illegal. The NFL would probably need to produce tapes to make anything stick. The Denver Broncos have been accused of watching practices before and nothing ever stuck because they couldn't produce any evidence.

If they do, I would love to see what the fine is....

Sections
Shortcuts